Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,677 members, 7,851,319 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:03 PM

Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali - Sports (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali (17702 Views)

Nigeria Vs Mali. African U23 Championship (3 - 2) On 29th November 2015 / Nigeria Vs Mali (AAG Qualifiers): 8 - 0 On 10th April 2015 / Nigeria Vs Mali (AFCON 2013) - (4 - 1) On 6th February 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by faketan(m): 10:56pm On Jan 25, 2008
more reactions please.

Seun it is your turn. What do you have to say?
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by ThugLife1(m): 10:57pm On Jan 25, 2008
Supposing we won,will you guys be talking about all this
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by faketan(m): 10:57pm On Jan 25, 2008
I can supply some for freein anticipation of contracts at . . . .price
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jan 25, 2008
Makinwa still played? ? ? Yak played a full match

and a bunch of dudes who can't take a strong shot for their life

Odemwingie was played out of position for a whole 45 minutes, in position for 10 minutes. .

and. . . .
sack that german man, German Defensive/Counter-attacking football suxx
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by WarfyBoy(m): 10:58pm On Jan 25, 2008
i 1st kno say niaja no dey go any were, Mali fall my hand, y dem kno git score all these broilers.

dem wan use Hat Atak kill there mama n papa 4 village

Y Vogt go remov Osaze?

Inshot dt Coach need to die by hanging, make dem hand ova am 2 me ohhhh

playas dt played well today

Osaze, ohhh my bro, no mind dem, dem tink say na  by balck, u 2 much

Taiye, bros u too try, kno vexx we c u, bt only u kno fit do am

Shittu, i wish u kno say na so all dese pipo dey waste person strenght/time, u 4 kukuma stay ur club dey receive kool weather/ac

d rest na waste, y 4 heavens sake shld Berti Vogts not want our progress? afta all d moni we r paying him, y?

dt man ehhhhhh make dem just hand ova am to me ohhh, we kno how much we go kolect 4 there country if we fit get hold am

rubish

Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by toshmann(m): 10:59pm On Jan 25, 2008
prince84:

the super eagles is now officially the worst team in the world,

am ashamed of the nigerian team infact am ashamed of the players

God punish yakubu,martins,nsofor,osaze,uche,yobo,nwaneri,shittu,ejide,taye,olofinjana
plus all the players in the bench,
berti vogts i must do juju for you,

guy cool down jare. these people na human beings o.

e good sef, make vexannoyance dey everywhere for naija. hopefully naijans fit use the vexannoyance face our politicians at home. and may be it's time we start thinking of local coaches. even if we go out first round. them go de learn small small. after all we should soon get used to early elimination

anusule:

guys see, there is nothing to say again. if they like they can lose to benin and go back to their clubs. i don't give a shit anymore about super eagles.

[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]we are simply over-rated old eagles that have never flown in the sky.[/size][/size][/size]

that's more like it. we are like england. . . over-rated and noisy.
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by Horus(m): 11:00pm On Jan 25, 2008
The Super Eagles failed to fly!!!
You mean Super Chickens!!
Chickens do not fly!!
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by faketan(m): 11:00pm On Jan 25, 2008
Thug Life:

I never believed these guys could do much cos they never clicked to me. The thing is that this selfishness we call patriotism keep pushing one to believe

miracles could happen.
So it is just arsenal scaping a win at Aston Villa, I will be happy but I will not the best though.
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jan 25, 2008
Thug Life:

wetin we wan take win?
weak shots from 3 supposed attackers
actually, we lucky say we no lose.
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by Iman3(m): 11:01pm On Jan 25, 2008
Uche2nna:

We just have to sit down and look @ what I call the Westerhoff formula. I am not saying we bring him back but we should really go back and study how he did things. I don't think that it is just a mere co incidence that the Golden years of Nigerian football was in his era and even the glory that we have been living on was just the continuation of the groundwork he had laid. Just like everything in Nigeria, that groundwork has been broken and the center can not hold. This is really sad.

Last I heard, the man (Westerhoff was still in Nigeria, Kwara state to be precise)

@Uche2Nna

You really know what the "Westerhoff formular" was? Longevity,plain and simple.Westerhoff was given time and space to build a team,no interferences from above.He had powerful allies at Dodan Barracks who ensured he always had his way.

He,like Vogts ,started poorly but he was given the necessary tools to build a team.

There is another point we should also note.The quality of national team football has grown tremendously throughout Africa.Its not just Nigeria that is struggling,look at Cameroun and Morrocco.Gone are the days when only few African teams can put out good teams.With opportunities to export players to Europe,countries like Mali and Guniea have been able to improve national team standards.

That is why we need to step up our game.Its not about sacking the coach(we have done that a lot post-Westerhoff) or simply swapping one set of under-performing players for another.We need to overhaul things from the bottom up.Starting with the youth set-up.No point winning the World U-17 with a group of aging buffoons when they won't be around in 10 years time.

Open up academies around the country,improve and standardise coaching and facilities.

This is just small part of what we need to do but its a start.Till then,we can do all the sackings we always do but until the above are done,including a return to the way we handled Westerhoff(non-interference and patience)we are going no where.
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by doyindamus: 11:02pm On Jan 25, 2008
I don't understand though. How about all those boys wey come second for U-20
and the U-17 boys?

So make nobody tell me say talent no dey come thru

We might not have the most exciting players. . .but we are not as bad as that team played today. angry angry angry angry
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by Baro(m): 11:02pm On Jan 25, 2008
So we lost  cry
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by doyindamus: 11:03pm On Jan 25, 2008
all of una wey dey call for westerhoff forgot all the fruitless years
wey we endure before the heady days of '94.
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by Iman3(m): 11:04pm On Jan 25, 2008
doyindamus:

I don't understand though. How about all those boys wey come second for Under-20
and the Under-17 boys?

So make nobody tell me say talent no dey come through

We might not have the most exciting players. . .but we are not as bad as that team played today. angry angry angry angry

Those guys looked good because we were age cheating on monumental level.That is part of our problem.People were rejoicing when we cheated our way to victory in the U-17 but we do so at the expense of the most important aspect of our football-the senior team.
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by WarfyBoy(m): 11:05pm On Jan 25, 2008
Pls NFA [No Future Ambition] sack Berti Vogts ohhhhhhh

dt man no even gud reach Eguavoen, heyyyyyyyyy!!!!

inshort make dem change there name to Supa Hat Atak, pls i av 4got to say dis, if u av Hat Problem, dnt watch naija match any day

dem go kil u with hypertension
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by toshmann(m): 11:07pm On Jan 25, 2008
doyindamus:

which fruitless years. . . he won the silver in I990, bronze I992, gold I994, + world cup 2nd round. where are the fruitless years you talk about.

if the eagles played well today and lost, we will understand that they ran out of luck. they played badly, the worst i've watched since my childhood(i'm 65yrs old angry )

they cant trap
cant run
cant pass
cant shoot
you begin to wonder what they can do angry
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jan 25, 2008
i have a solution to our problems and i hope someone sees this post and considers my view.
step 1. NFA should stop immediate sponsoring of the team and ask them to leave ghana immediately, so we dont waste any more money on this guys.
step 2. Fire berti , we dont have $50,000/month anylonger, we changed our minds!
step 3. Pls get the fying eagles (eagletst) start training them for 2010 and hire a new coach (does not have to be a foreigner for Gods sake)
step 4. Organize a lot of friendly matches both locally and internationally
, -----do this for the next 2 years in preparation for the world cup, and i will bet you money, even if we dont win the world cup, we will be happy with our team, we wont lose cause we do not have talents but it would be a "luck" factor.

oh i forgot, step 1a. All the players in ghana right now should refund the money used to fly them to ghana and all their paid expenses.

first we did not make it to the world cup last year, now we dont even qualify past group stage? what an insult to nigerians. this is really a sad day for nigerians.
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by doyindamus: 11:08pm On Jan 25, 2008
but no be only us dey cheat na amongst the Afircan teams.
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by Iman3(m): 11:08pm On Jan 25, 2008
doyindamus:

In 1990 we finished 2nd,92(3rd) and 94(1st).Na when we no go emerge from the group stages una go sabi say the rot don set in big time.

People were unhappy when we crashed out to Italy in the 2nd round of the World Cup until we couldn't even qualify for the World Cup against Angola.

By the end of the Westerhoff era,we were clearly the best team in Africa and ranked 5th in the FIFA rankings.
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by WarfyBoy(m): 11:09pm On Jan 25, 2008
heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

notin don pain me reach like this

these boys  realy stabed my hat like say e no mata to dem

May tunda fire Berti Vogts n pipo wey employ am

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by Iman3(m): 11:10pm On Jan 25, 2008
doyindamus:

but no be only us dey cheat na amongst the Afircan teams.

I don't think others are cheating to the extent of Nigeria. Ghana and Cameroun seem to be on the same level of Nigeria but countries like Senegal,Mali and CIV are not cheating on the same scale.
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by away4real(m): 11:10pm On Jan 25, 2008
Hail the Super Chickens of Nigeria.  cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by WarfyBoy(m): 11:14pm On Jan 25, 2008
tunda fire Berti Vogts n the pipo wey employ am to kom destroy our football, afta nations cup, naija go bkom 80 for FIFA ranking, i kno say na money dem dey use since, bt this time, e no go work

4Q NFA n crew, 4Q vogts, 4q all our 4qkin strikkers [excluding Osaze] n there mama n papa n family

4Q 4Q 4Q 4Q 4Q 4Q 4Q 4Q 4Q 4Q 4Q 4Q 4Q 4Q 4Q 4Q 4Q 4Q 4Q 4Q 4Q

all of dem
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by sweetonyx(m): 11:18pm On Jan 25, 2008
I vote for (senior)under 17 to take over from this so called super duper floppy eagles.
we dont have to sack Vogts,but he has to stay in Nigeria if he must succeed.Shekina!
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by dipo2much(m): 11:19pm On Jan 25, 2008
@ Raimond.

I OWE YOU A FIRM HANDSHAKE MY BROTHER, YOU PREDICTED THE SCORE (0-0) RIGHT.

SEND YOUR HAND TO ME JUST UR HAND O,LET ME SHAKE YOU
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by prince84(m): 11:19pm On Jan 25, 2008
@ at tyme all african footballers are battling to make there natn proud our footballers are busy thinking of club football
they are all over rated pussies, they should all be stripped naked and flogged fooollllls
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by folahann(m): 11:22pm On Jan 25, 2008
All the players are full idiots, thay should be stripped naked on the street and whipped
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by doyindamus: 11:22pm On Jan 25, 2008
I am shocked they have not sacked Vogts yet. Obviously these NFA people
dont want to give severance pay.

he go burn hole in their thief money. angry angry angry angry
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by prince84(m): 11:24pm On Jan 25, 2008
wafy boy
correct grin grin grin.
summer i go enter england i must track yakubu,martins,kanu,olofijana,mikel and the rest mumu
them make me lose 100$ this 9t them must pay!!!!! if not i go control nigerdelta boys for phone
KIDNAPP go take place cool cool
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by Uche2nna(m): 11:25pm On Jan 25, 2008
@ I man

Yeah, I am quite aware of the circumstances in Westerhoff's case ( with military backing and all). What I am talking about is actually the time he was given and that is why I am not blaming Vogts or any other coach who will be unfortunate to coach Nigeria in these circumstances. I lay my blame squarely on the NFA. Westerhoff formula was not in reference to the man himself but to the kind of long term plan that was advertently or inadvertently (tho the latter seems likely) laid down. Hire a coach , not necessarily a world class coach, but a young coach with vision and hunger and belief and love for young african talents. Let him draw up a plan , a long term plan. Make sure he lives in Nigeria and let him follow the local league (that was how Finidi Goerge was found in Calabar rovers). Give him time and space and I assure you we will regain back our position. It is gonna take time tho , cos we have really given a lot away.

About the academies, I* thot we already had those? undecided
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by gbengaijot(m): 11:26pm On Jan 25, 2008
Berti vogt is really really stupid innit?

Mistake 1: He removed Odemwingie ( who is the only two footed player) that can use both right and left leg and put in Lazy leg Utaka. Odemwingie was more sharper than Utaka in both game.

Mistake 2. How on earth can he play Mikel infront of Olofinjana. Mikel is not good as he use to be as an attacking midfielder. Mourinho changed his gamestyle. Can't Vogts ( it sound like maggot, does'nt it?) get that into his cement head?

Mistake 3. His three changed were strikers. Jeezzzzzzzzzz, did he not consider tht the midfield needs a makeover at all?

O ga oooooo
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by mohid(m): 11:29pm On Jan 25, 2008
we 4 beg jay jay ,half jay jay is better than none, meanwhile make dem start Corruption cup of Nations lets kick sum ass.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Nigeria Beats Sudan 5-0 To Qualify For Egypt U-23 AFCON / NFF Sacks Rohr, Appoints Eguaveon Interim Head Coach / Italian Clubs Lost All 3 European Finals They Featured In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.