Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,843 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali (17627 Views)

Nigeria Vs Mali. African U23 Championship (3 - 2) On 29th November 2015 / Nigeria Vs Mali (AAG Qualifiers): 8 - 0 On 10th April 2015 / Nigeria Vs Mali (AFCON 2013) - (4 - 1) On 6th February 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by Saluscs: 7:32am On Jan 25, 2008
i dont think anything good can come out from 2day match
Nig are going no were
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by bibiking1(m): 7:50am On Jan 25, 2008
Nigeria 2:0 Mali
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by walbii: 9:04am On Jan 25, 2008
All i can say is that the super eagles have what it takes to beat any country in this competition,but the coach has to make the right selection and the boys should also play with more zeal.We will beat mali only if we score before them in the first half,failure to do this we should pack our bags and chase that german man away.
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by 9ja4eva: 9:30am On Jan 25, 2008
Nigeria 1

Mali 2

I dont think we have a team
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by segunpc(m): 10:07am On Jan 25, 2008
insha allah nigeria will win the match.

utaka showed a lacklustre attitude in the civ match.

i used to luv him most but i hate him now!

ejide

apam taiwo

shittu yobo

etuhu
mikel

osaze uche nsofor

martins/yakubu

though apam was a little shaky in the first match but he later make up for it.

but if there is another person to replace him no problem.

if the squad is like this we will definitely play well and hopefully win.

so i predict nig 2-0 mali.
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by Horus(m): 10:14am On Jan 25, 2008
Nigeria's fate in the balance, as they face Mali Today

Accra, Ghana - The Super Eagles of Nigeria will have their fate squarely hanging on the scale, as they seek to register their first win at Ghana 2008 in their second match at the Sekondi Sports Stadium against the Eagles of Mali Today.Yes indeed. It will be a fight of the Eagles and a fierce one, and Nigeria must ensure the scale does not tilt in favour of their opponents else the dreams of the most populous country in Africa will be utterly shattered.While the Malian Eagles will be looking for a win that will guarantee their qualification to the next round, the Super Eagles face elimination, shame and disgrace should they falter the second time, having lost by a lone goal to Cote d'Ivoire in their first match.It is this scenario that puts the Nigerians in a precarious position, with their heads in the hangman's noose, waiting to be condemned to early elimination, as they line up against skipper Mamoudu Diara and his compatriots.

Mali

Though the Super Eagles arrived in Ghana with a full arsenal that includes star actors from the English Premiership, raising the hopes of their countrymen for a third title to make real their belief in the coronation of their team after every 14 years, they are now faced with reality and chances are that nervousness and stage fright will overwhelm the team against Mali.Kanu Nwankwo, Danny Shittu, Joseph Yobo, Yakubu Aiyegbeni, Obafemi Martins, John Utaka and Mikel Obi are some of the Nigerian players who receive rave reviews in the British media week after week.Whether their good form in England will be carried over to the continental championship or not, Today's challenge from the Malians will provide clues to the question.And with Mali fully loaded to the hilt, particularly in attack where Frederick Kanoute is the arrowhead, ably supported by Seydou Keita and skipper Mamoudu Diara, the Malians have the capacity to score goals.If Diarra Souleymane, Diakite Drissa, Coulibaly Adama and Dramane Traore find their rhythm, the Malian Eagles will be oiled enough to glide tireless and pose "a go home" threat to the Nigerians.The technical benches of the two sides will have a major role to play in this cliff hanger of a fixture.Group B pacesetters, Cote d'Ivoire who beat Nigeria 1-0 on he opening day have a tricky assignment against Benin in the other match of the Sekondi venue.On paper, Didier Drogba and his compatriots are miles ahead of the Squirrels of Benin, who, however, have very dangerous customers in Razack Omotoyosi, Stephane Sessegnon and Mouritala Ogunbiyi.On a good day the trio can cause havoc to any team and the Elephants must be mindful of an impending danger should they decide to underrate Benin.Kolo Toure, Emmanuel Ebue and their colleagues at the back will have to be vigilant, while Salomon Kalou, Aruna Dindane and Drogba concentrate on their attacking duties to avoid an upset.A win for Cote d'Ivoire will see them through to the second round with one round of matches to play while a win for Benin will throw the group wide open.

Panapress:  http://www.afriquenligne.fr/news/daily-news/can-2008:-nigeria's-fate-in-the-balance,-as-they-face-mali-friday-2008012415636/
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by Kemjisuper(m): 10:19am On Jan 25, 2008
The Super Eagles have learnt their lesson (I hope). We'll be better today! grin
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by salinco(m): 10:41am On Jan 25, 2008
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by nyabinghi(m): 10:57am On Jan 25, 2008
It depends on who controls the mid-field. If mali do control the mid-field that means we are gonna be in trouble. I tip the game to end in a draw. mali 2 Nigeria 2
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by ayobase(m): 10:59am On Jan 25, 2008
we aint hot all
we need to come back home
u might say i aint patriotic.
for how many times will my hope be dashed
in the realm of believing in nigeria
even when they aint performing
i wouldnt wanna hope again.
i ma tired of we bragging on
our little stupid achievement.

i wish we dont make it to the second round
and by losing all our matches.
we aint prepared for this.

gone are those days when we
had dedicated players like the team of 94.

our yester glories aint based on the fact
of the coaches we had,but committed players!!!

ghana aint far from naija
they can trek if there is no any
means of transportation.

we know when we can not
fix a circular peg in a square hole.
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by fyneguy: 11:08am On Jan 25, 2008
Na wa o, Una no watch Mali-Benin match? Mali was just lucky.

If we play Mali same way we played CIV, we will win let alone when we are fired up now.

the least we can get today is Nigeria 2 Mali 0. It can only be more!
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by Teacher200(m): 11:12am On Jan 25, 2008
There'll be 4 goals in the awaited match. That is 3 for Nigeria and 1 for Mali. Nigeria must win the match. ;
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by demmyzenny(m): 11:14am On Jan 25, 2008
I predict Nigeria 1 Mali 0. Arsena 4 life
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by adamugo(m): 11:21am On Jan 25, 2008
I can't bet on them am sorry. grin grin grin
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by mellow(m): 11:40am On Jan 25, 2008
There is no hope for Nigeria. If we must win then if possible we should

invite Enyimba FC of Aba to take over from the supper ( food) eagles.
[/color][color=#990000]
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by JAYT2(m): 11:53am On Jan 25, 2008
why are u guys dizzin ur country like dis,nawa oooooooooooooooooooo
maybe u are d reason y nigeria didnt win there first match.As for me am proud to be naija.
MALI 0000000-NIGERIA 200000000000. tongue grin grin grin tongue
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by fyneguy: 12:17pm On Jan 25, 2008
anyone in for a bet with your girlfriend? If Nigeria loses you win my gf. if we win, I get yours.
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by Bolarge(m): 12:47pm On Jan 25, 2008
See as ddem look like Oshodi area boys. angry
Na dse same igiripas go play awa ajeburra boys so?

Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by Echidime(m): 12:48pm On Jan 25, 2008
Praying is good, but is not the prayer that plays the ball,if the boys don't play well our prayers can't do anything to make them win any match,if they mess up again today,then they are out of the tournament
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by Bolarge(m): 12:52pm On Jan 25, 2008

Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by djl(m): 12:58pm On Jan 25, 2008
kenypumpin:

mali 0 nigeria 4 up super eagles
u don 4get say na 11-11 players and their post no wide pass una own
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by djl(m): 1:02pm On Jan 25, 2008
Saluscs:

i don't think anything good can come out from 2day match
Nig are going no were
no go talk this 4 public oooooo
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by Horus(m): 1:04pm On Jan 25, 2008
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by djl(m): 1:08pm On Jan 25, 2008
Bolarge:

I hope say Mikel go fit play carling cup final 4 me after him play this kind kingkong players( i no abuse them oo)
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by ayexel: 1:40pm On Jan 25, 2008
niga 1 mali 1 .i wish dey will win but dats my prediction.
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by Gbemyte(f): 1:54pm On Jan 25, 2008
nigeria 2 mali 1
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by luckybest(m): 2:02pm On Jan 25, 2008
hi, as for me i wish Nigeria should win the game with mali, either 2-1or 2-0 and take the cup at last that is my wishes
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by folahann(m): 2:06pm On Jan 25, 2008
You see this is how to know a good friend, when the Super Eagles need support; that is when when thay get abused by Nigerians. I know if they had won all this people against them would have been thesae people praising them.
A friend in need is a friend in deed
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by mutiu78(m): 2:38pm On Jan 25, 2008
The time for the match is 8.30pm Nigerian time 2night ( 7.30pm) Ghana time.

On the scores, cant predict because u can predict Super Eagles.
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by luckia(m): 3:04pm On Jan 25, 2008
mefolayomi na 6:00pm your time dem go show the match, for my television for house na 8:30pm, thats by the way, Nigerian will play just as they have been trained to, if they win, then it is or else it is. anyhow sha, my wish for the african team is to make the nations cup more exciting like the EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS LEAGUE.

So it will be more dramatic and enjoying you know, just like guinea,
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by metro(m): 3:39pm On Jan 25, 2008
if the tecnician in charge know wut he's doin we may be able to savour somtin from d match but if he decides to bring in a technically incabable palyer of makinwa's calibr i dont know wut se and if he also deciedes to start a player in the person of yakubu ahead of the blazing uche or d dazzling nsofor den we are really goin to be in for it. and for osazee he has notin doin on anywere other dan in the pitch of play and Nwaneri shud start in the outside ryte of defence dat way we may have a chance against a mali side with d best midfielders u can boast of in the continent 2day and a good finisher in Kanoute.
Re: Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali by Menace121: 3:54pm On Jan 25, 2008
SCORE WILL BE MALI 5 NIGERIA 0

I PERSONALLY THINK NIGERIA ARE SHIT

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Cardiff To Host Heavyweight Bout On 28october. / World Cup 2018: Donald Trump Congratulates France, Russia (Photo) / "FC Ifeanyi Ubah Is Worse Than Ghana's Hearts Of Oak" - Sacked Japanese Coach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.