Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,450 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically (27670 Views)

The Wonders Of Garri ** Picture Inside ** / The Price Of Garri / What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by Garriisback: 10:24pm On Oct 15, 2012
angry

Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 15, 2012
190: [size=14pt]We need to clear ground for the garri crew/

Seun ShaGARRI
Garri-must-stay
Garri-nor-fit-carry-last
Garri Warlord and
Garri-till-i-die

to discuss this depressing NATIONAL ISSUE embarassed embarassed embarassed
[/size]
lmaoooo...these usernames are very funny.
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by Saifullah01: 10:26pm On Oct 15, 2012
Pls is there a discount for placing garri advert on nairaland? I am into general importing, exporting and transporting. And I plan to add garri to my merchandise. Pls am seriousb
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by mafiacent(m): 10:27pm On Oct 15, 2012
Expect the prices of various foodstuffs to rise,
Why = flood
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by SIRBANYE(m): 10:27pm On Oct 15, 2012
This is d most serious topic I ve seen in NL for a long while now. We can now debate the increase in price of d most important commodity in niaja. Dis increase calls for d introduction of subsidy in d downstream sector of dis product. A panel must be constituted to look into this matter, Oga JEG I trust u ll do dat. Red cross n UN place provide relief and support to the victims of des increment.

Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by Saifullah01: 10:27pm On Oct 15, 2012
Why did thread disappear from front page, or is it my ipad
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by Francheezy(m): 10:28pm On Oct 15, 2012
garri 0oh garri ,*
Plz can s0me0ne tell me w0t affected d price 0f garri ? Any ansa ?
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by Garriisback: 10:28pm On Oct 15, 2012
Garri Activist....Protest must resume!!!!!!!!... angry
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 15, 2012
This is very serious, because sooner than latter nigerians will start to feel the effects of this increase. Delta state government has already started crying that there might be famine, and with the mentality of market forces in nigeria, be sure to note that there will soon be hoarding, of other food products there by causing more price increase and hunger for poor nigerians.

It is bad because in Nigeria, garri was usually the last hope for the common man.
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by bealuv(f): 10:29pm On Oct 15, 2012
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 15, 2012
lmao
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by bealuv(f): 10:30pm On Oct 15, 2012
over 200 pple viewing dis topic....dis garri business has got to be a really serious one....dey made front page now lets hope dey would stop derailin oda threads
@acidtalk lol
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by Onyenna(m): 10:31pm On Oct 15, 2012
Seun gave me a ban for estimating how much a cup of GARRI would cost in 2 years time..... SEUN!,are u seeing it now!....I was damn right! I need an apology! angry

@op...
Wahala dey oooooh!!!! My estimation scares da pooo outta me oooooh!!!
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by ebamma(m): 10:31pm On Oct 15, 2012
And seeing the garri
choppers,i went up into
the market and when i
was set the garri sellers came to me,and i opened my
mouth and taught them
saying
Blessed are the garri
eaters for the shall be
called G-unit
Blessed are those who sell
garri,for the shall see God
Blessed are the those who
sip garri for the shall be hungry no more
Blessed are those who
smoke garri with kuli-kuli
for the shall not be
disappointed
Blessed are those who eat
garri with vegetable soup
for the shall enjoy it
Blessed are you when
mukina bans you and
sexkillz persecute you
because you mentioned
garri for thou shall go to
heaven

18 Likes

Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by Nobody: 10:32pm On Oct 15, 2012
This is a very serious issue and should be a cause for national concern. Since garri has no close substitute and is a necessity, the demand for garri would continue to rise regardless of price so there must be a way to make garri affordable for the people be it by subsidies, discount or even free of charge.

1 Like

Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by Mrprudent(m): 10:32pm On Oct 15, 2012
nawa ooo
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by Garriisback: 10:32pm On Oct 15, 2012
I hope seun and his moderators are happy now angry
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by wellmax(m): 10:34pm On Oct 15, 2012
Why have you taken it off front page na?
Garri is very important τ̅☺ the well being of any nation including NL
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by Nobody: 10:35pm On Oct 15, 2012
Am happy for the food consciousness on NL right now.

Am calling on Mr. President to establish the ministry of Garri resources before the masses die of hunger. Seun shaGARRI should get this message to GEJ.
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by Saifullah01: 10:35pm On Oct 15, 2012
ebamma:
And seeing the garri
choppers,i went up into
the market and when i
was set the garri sellers came to me,and i opened my
mouth and taught them
saying
Blessed are the garri
eaters for the shall be
called G-unit
Blessed are those who sell
garri,for the shall see God
Blessed are the those who
sip garri for the shall be hungry no more
Blessed are those who
smoke garri with kuli-kuli
for the shall not be
disappointed
Blessed are those who eat
garri with vegetable soup
for the shall enjoy it
Blessed are you when
mukina bans you and
sexkillz persecute you
because you mentioned
garri for thou shall go to
heaven

Nairaland no go kill person.... And this is from the book of who, if I may ask?
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by Francheezy(m): 10:36pm On Oct 15, 2012
nawa 4 diz m0dz, y did dey take it away 4rm d fr0nt paqe, e n0 gud o0oh..
N0 b say una n0 dey s0ak gaRRi
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by fitzmayowa: 10:38pm On Oct 15, 2012
Imagine i got banned for mentioning garri. Why my GARRI why would the price of my GARRI be affected
* crying for GARRI *

# Team GARRI #
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by ajailer(m): 10:40pm On Oct 15, 2012
Mr seun n his gangmen,could you be so nice as to create a garri section so dat ppl like seun shagarri can be helping us by giving us a daily report on ow garri is doing in d market......yeah seun shagarri should also b d mod
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 15, 2012
bealuv: over 200 pple viewing dis topic....dis garri business has got to be a really serious one....dey made front page now lets hope dey would stop derailin oda threads
@acidtalk lol

Its more serious than you think ; try not eating your staple food for a month, then you will understand what this shortage is all about
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by Nobody: 10:44pm On Oct 15, 2012
Saifullah01: Why did thread disappear from front page, or is it my ipad
me sef dey find am! E don disappear sha!
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by Bunchersstab(m): 10:45pm On Oct 15, 2012
Dem don remove subsidy 4m garri. Shagarri
WebSurfer: Garri, garri , garri..... finally a garri thread,, infact, how will this thread affect the price of garri?
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by dammytosh: 10:47pm On Oct 15, 2012
YAYYYYY !!!!!

IRONICALLY, GARRI MADE FRONT PAGE.

CONGRATS TO THE GARRI TEAM grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

IN SOLIDARITY , I AM DRINKING GARRI TONIGHT........ smiley
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by elrony(m): 10:49pm On Oct 15, 2012
Ohislee:

You can't be serious. You're just blowing d whole thing out of proportn. I just confirmed, a paint sells for #400 and not #1300.
in which part of d country?..
Or are u high on cassava dust?..,..cos dis precious jewel is now sold 4 1.5k for dat small paint bucket here in abk!!!
#garri-must-come-down o
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by Nobody: 10:49pm On Oct 15, 2012
I can't believe a garri thread made the front page grin grin.
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by jadakiss213(m): 10:50pm On Oct 15, 2012
infgost234: D basin of garri that was 3k in my area, rose to 15k last week. But right now, its 4k.
ahn ahn..15k?? Big lie..u dey stay moon??
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by Saifullah01: 10:51pm On Oct 15, 2012
AP (France). BREAKING NEWS. Garri back on nairaland front page. (developing story) more to come soon

www.garri.com

1 Like

Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by fitzmayowa: 10:51pm On Oct 15, 2012
Seun na wa o, if you don't want to see the word GARRI why put the thread on the frontpage only for you to remove it again.

# Team GARRI #

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Unveiling Peak Yoghurt 1 Litre Strawberry Flavour / Shoprite Bread Wahala / Healthy Breakfast Idea - Potato Egg Melange

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.