Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? (10337 Views)

Tips on How To Tame a womanizer / How To Tame And Dominate Your Wife Or Girlfriend. / How To Tame A Cheating Wife / Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 13, 2012
Extravagance is a relative, subjective concept. What one person sees as extravagance might be nothing at all to the other. Besides, the richest people I know are generally the most 'extravagant',. Whereas the people who are frugal to the point of miserliness tend to wallow in their subsistence. In any case, life is too short to be a miser; one might die at any time, so why not enjoy the proceeds of your work while here (as long as you're not living beyond your means)? I know you accountants are taught to be miserly, so this idea wouldn't appeal to you, lol.

The most important thing is that a person knows how to create wealth - and how to generate steady income. Perhaps this should be the most important thing you should be concerned with. If the guy in question knows what he is doing (in terms of generating income), then you should be very happy with that. In fact, his 'extravagance' might be a blessing in disguise, since you can easily obtain large sums of money from him and invest/save it elsewhere. A penny-pinching woman like you would be better off with the sort of man you described. Just take as much money as you can off him, and throw it somewhere you can see it pile up. Just make sure you don't invest it in a ponzi scheme or something of that nature though, lol. Too many miserly people I know tend to be penny wise, pound foolish in their investment decisions, and often lose huge amounts of money that would have been better spent on 'extravagant' self-indulgences.
Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Oct 13, 2012
vivian chinaza: Hi guys, ok I met this guy sometime ago, he is a nice guy tho not perfect. I wasn't in love with him anyway but I just decided to get close to him and see if the love could develop.

When I got closer to him I found out he is an extravagant spender, he just jumps into things without planning them. He can begin 5 projects at a time without a proper strategy/planning and some of the money he uses for these project are bank loans. This aspect of his lifestyle did not go down with me. I kept talking but at the end of the day he will do what pleases him.

The one that broke the camel's back was when he bought a flashy car while he was yet to complete his buildings at the village and city respectively, he bought the car and made a commitment of over 1m just for tourism/travelling around and staying in 5 star hotels.
I just knew that moment he wasn't for me, this guy really loves me but I'm a careful spender and I love planning things before I do them. So I told him to stop coming cos it won't work out between us. And I moved on and even forgot he existed.

Today he called me probably to find out how I'm managing the flood situation, we got talking and somehow we ended up talking about what happened between us. From his voice I could sense his love and desire for me,,,,,,,,but,,,,,,,

How do I deal with this aspect of his life? Can I tame him? Is it really possible? Not that it will guarantee any relationship cos I'm yet to developed feelings for him. But I just wanna try, take this baby step and maybe reconsider.......they say love grows right?

Mature advise pls........

life is short and there's so much vanity. just live your life and make it count. base your choice on what will make it count for you
Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by TheBuilder: 9:29pm On Oct 13, 2012
Extravagancy is a habit that doesn't get broken easily. An extravagant person is a big problem to people around him both now and in the future(hope you understand what I mean?). No strategy or psychology works with an extravagant person, Only poverty and bankruptcy do. Until he does not have again and for a prolonged period, he will not learn how to manage money if and when it comes again.
Cheers,
Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by seechris(m): 9:33pm On Oct 13, 2012
An extravagant man has a very low self esteem, boost that and you can control his actions
Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by NOIBMUUL(m): 9:35pm On Oct 13, 2012
@op

There was no love, yet you decided to get close to him... cos you saw money! wink nice one
Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 13, 2012
You can change him depending on what he lavish his money on. If its on:
fancy cars, hotels (which must include women of course), unnecessary vacations like u mentioned, etc...u cannot change him cos these habits of a man can hardly be changed by a woman, only him, his male cohorts & bankruptcy can change him.

If he spends it on:

relations, family, community, church, helping people, etc, u can change him more easily, thats y most rich guys marry stingy ladies to help them chase unwanted family members, etc away, but not when he spends it on what he enjoy doing- car flirting, women, clubbing, touring to catch fun, etc.

BTW, a man that spends loaned money, hmm...pls find out his source of income o.

...lastly, don't leave him, hang on but plz zip up! zip up! men, hmm!
Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by Akanniade(m): 9:39pm On Oct 13, 2012
Such guys hardly change. If you cant accept him for who he is, then rethink the relationship.
Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by vivianc(f): 9:39pm On Oct 13, 2012
NOIBMUUL: @op

There was no love, yet you decided to get close to him... cos you saw money! wink nice one

I have seen money before I met him! Have equally met a couple of super rich guys.....and still meeting...
So try harder ok?
Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Oct 13, 2012

plz edit your post so it doesn't give room for others to follow suit & derail d thread, u knw nairalanders love throwing stone at every poster, pls retreat smiley
Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by vivianc(f): 9:45pm On Oct 13, 2012
DailyNews: You can change him depending on what he lavish his money on. If its on:
fancy cars, hotels (which must include women of course), unnecessary vacations like u mentioned, etc...u cannot change him cos these habits of a man can hardly be changed by a woman, only him, his male cohorts & bankruptcy can change him.

If he spends it on:

relations, family, community, church, helping people, etc, u can change him more easily, thats y most rich guys marry stingy ladies to help them chase unwanted family members, etc away, but not when he spends it on what he enjoy doing- car flirting, women, clubbing, touring to catch fun, etc.

BTW, a man that spends loaned money, hmm...pls find out his source of income o.

...lastly, don't leave him, hang on but plz zip up! zip up! men, hmm!

God forbid that I, vivian will hinder a man from taking care of his family, people etc! I can't even be with a man who cannot take care of his family, especially the mum. Charity they say begins at home!!! Btw, I'm not a stingy woman......I just don't like extravagant lifestyle.
Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by Rooneyboy(m): 9:45pm On Oct 13, 2012
The average Nigerian lady when they smell money they can NEVER resist it.
Poster I thought u said u don't feel anything for him ?
Ur trying hard to like him because of the money he has @ his disposal.
Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by vivianc(f): 9:49pm On Oct 13, 2012
pro01: Extravagance is a relative, subjective concept. What one person sees as extravagance might be nothing at all to the other. Besides, the richest people I know are generally the most 'extravagant',. Whereas the people who are frugal to the point of miserliness tend to wallow in their subsistence. In any case, life is too short to be a miser; one might die at any time, so why not enjoy the proceeds of your work while here (as long as you're not living beyond your means)? I know you accountants are taught to be miserly, so this idea wouldn't appeal to you, lol.

The most important thing is that a person knows how to create wealth - and how to generate steady income. Perhaps this should be the most important thing you should be concerned with. If the guy in question knows what he is doing (in terms of generating income), then you should be very happy with that. In fact, his 'extravagance' might be a blessing in disguise, since you can easily obtain large sums of money from him and invest/save it elsewhere. A penny-pinching woman like you would be better off with the sort of man you described. Just take as much money as you can off him, and throw it somewhere you can see it pile up. Just make sure you don't invest it in a ponzi scheme or something of that nature though, lol. Too many miserly people I know tend to be penny wise, pound foolish in their investment decisions, and often lose huge amounts of money that would have been better spent on 'extravagant' self-indulgences.

Lol....like seriously? Wow! Ok, thank you.
Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Oct 13, 2012
vivian chinaza:

God forbid that I, vivian will hinder a man from taking care of his family, people etc! I can't even be with a man who cannot take care of his family, especially the mum. Charity they say begins at home!!! Btw, I'm not a stingy woman......I just don't like extravagant lifestyle.

I didn't say u are stingy, but I am trying to let u know what u can change in him & what u cnt change, I hope u got my msg ryt?

Maybe u dnt know, most rich guys love to marry stingy & conservative ladies to help them chase unwanted family members away while they stay in d background acting innocent smiley I am talking from experience, I do most times when I comment. So not saying u are stingy plz.
Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by freeman11(m): 9:50pm On Oct 13, 2012
vivian chinaza: Hi guys, ok I met this guy sometime ago, he is a nice guy tho not perfect. I wasn't in love with him anyway but I just decided to get close to him and see if the love could develop.

When I got closer to him I found out he is an extravagant spender, he just jumps into things without planning them. He can begin 5 projects at a time without a proper strategy/planning and some of the money he uses for these project are bank loans. This aspect of his lifestyle did not go down with me. I kept talking but at the end of the day he will do what pleases him.

You dont know what life have in store for you. I started poor untill i got married i never knew i was a heavy spender not untill i made my first buck.
Notwithstanding my wife channelled that habit to acquiring assets.
The truth is that men who spend are very emotional and such quality could be used to tame them or redirect that flaw

The one that broke the camel's back was when he bought a flashy car while he was yet to complete his buildings at the village and city respectively, he bought the car and made a commitment of over 1m just for tourism/travelling around and staying in 5 star hotels.
I just knew that moment he wasn't for me, this guy really loves me but I'm a careful spender and I love planning things before I do them. So I told him to stop coming cos it won't work out between us. And I moved on and even forgot he existed.

Today he called me probably to find out how I'm managing the flood situation, we got talking and somehow we ended up talking about what happened between us. From his voice I could sense his love and desire for me,,,,,,,,but,,,,,,,

How do I deal with this aspect of his life? Can I tame him? Is it really possible? Not that it will guarantee any relationship cos I'm yet to developed feelings for him. But I just wanna try, take this baby step and maybe reconsider.......they say love grows right?

Mature advise pls........

Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by Rooneyboy(m): 9:51pm On Oct 13, 2012

see this guy , E dey easy to resist cash ?
The advice me I have for her is
1)She should get closer to him
2)Chop his money(enough)
3)Open her legs wide for enough phuck
4)She should take off
Pls note: contemplating marrying him would be the greatest mistake u'll make in this life cos na suffer u go suffer in poverty.
Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by slimyem: 9:52pm On Oct 13, 2012
Being with one of such men and have one as a friend at the moment...
All my attempts to tame or manage the extravagance was fruitless.Even when i tried taking charge of his money,he would always come back to ask for it as soon as he went broke.
Sometimes i won by insisting i wasn't letting him have it and sometimes,i lost.
He just never changed.He would spend the money as it comes and wouldn't care what happens tomorrow..
Trying to work on my friend who's like that too and so far..it hasn't produced results.he has simply told me he cant change and i should stop bothering.
Grown men hardly ever change and its a sad truth.
You could try Pendo,Dayokanu or Pro01's idea....it might work for you.
Goodluck!!!
Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by vivianc(f): 9:52pm On Oct 13, 2012
DailyNews:

I didn't say u are stingy, but I am trying to let u know what u can change in him & what u cnt change, I hope u got my msg ryt?

Maybe u dnt know, most rich guys love to marry stingy & conservative ladies to help them chase unwanted family members away while they stay in d background acting innocent smiley I am talking from experience, I do most times when I comment. So not saying u are stingy plz.

Ok.
Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by slimyem: 9:58pm On Oct 13, 2012
Hey Vivi..
Here's the story of a woman and her extravagant husband.
https://www.nairaland.com/1069992/mrs-wife-mr-big-spender
i hope you pick a few things from it.
Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by vivianc(f): 9:59pm On Oct 13, 2012
slimyem: Being with one of such men and have one as a friend at the moment...
All my attempts to tame or manage the extravagance was fruitless.Even when i tried taking charge of his money,he would always come back to ask for it as soon as he went broke.
Sometimes i won by insisting i wasn't letting him have it and sometimes,i lost.
He just never changed.He would spend the money as it comes and wouldn't care what happens tomorrow..
Trying to work on my friend who's like that too and so far..it hasn't produced results.he has simply told me he cant change and i should stop bothering.
Grown men hardly ever change and its a sad truth.
You could try Pendo,Dayokanu or Pro01's idea....it might work for you.
Goodluck!!!

Thanks babe! I can't go with Pro01,s advice. Since there is nothing I can do, I will just have to let him go.
Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by Jethroland1: 10:05pm On Oct 13, 2012
Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 13, 2012
vivian chinaza:

Thanks babe! I can't go with Pro01,s advice. Since there is nothing I can do, I will just have to let him go.

Hmm, dnt let him go just like that...dnt just take advice from ppl u dnt knw, dnt even knw if they want good for u. its ur life, pls think critically & do sit down with him...be his frnd, that will give u more room to advice him without fear. pls n pls always zip up no matter what, if u dnt, ur respect is gone & he may hardly value ur advice & will believe ur after his wallet & just pretending to be a good person by advising him to stop spending like he do. zip up at all cost, but dnt push him out, be his frnd. stop taking ppls advice in all things, God gave u wisdom, & u can as well introduce him to certain professional counseling on financial mgt, & also draw him closer to God, yes I said God cos any true God fearing man knws how to spend even when he has it in excess thats y its good to be very close to God smiley
Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by philips70(m): 10:10pm On Oct 13, 2012
berem: You are indeed a good woman! You are trying your best to tame him,but he seems to be wild about his spendings.there are some girls who would even encourage him to lavish his money and dem go chop too and clean mouth,but you are wise enough trying your best to bring him to order.the most painful aspect of it is that its a loan! How on earth is he gonna get the money to pay back?this just reminds me of my neigbour who bought a Toyota Sequaia for 2million meanwhile he still lives on rent in lagos and has no house in the village!
Just try and talk things with him.am sure he is gonna listen to you.

Is buying a car of 2million naira without owning a personal home anywhere extravagance? With the economy of today? personally I don't think so. A car of that amount is somewhat of a necessity than luxury. I bet you if that is extravagance 80% of those who live in any city in Nigeria must be very extravagant.

1 Like

Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by vivianc(f): 10:23pm On Oct 13, 2012
DailyNews:

Hmm, dnt let him go just like that...dnt just take advice from ppl u dnt knw, dnt even knw if they want good for u. its ur life, pls think critically & do sit down with him...be his frnd, that will give u more room to advice him without fear. pls n pls always zip up no matter what, if u dnt, ur respect is gone & he may hardly value ur advice & will believe ur after his wallet & just pretending to be a good person by advising him to stop spending like he do. zip up at all cost, but dnt push him out, be his frnd. stop taking ppls advice in all things, God gave u wisdom, & u can as well introduce him to certain professional counseling on financial mgt, & also draw him closer to God, yes I said God cos any true God fearing man knws how to spend even when he has it in excess thats y its good to be very close to God smiley

Lol, ok my relationship with him has nothing to do with intimacy. I have tried to advise him but to no avail. For instance, the day he made that over 1m commitment we talked about it and I was supposed to go to the seminar with him but couldn't cos I had to be in school and phiam he went and wrote them a cheque against what we discussed, for what? For just pleasure? He had a car, so why in a rush to buy a new one when there were already uncompleted projects. I'm a financial manager,.....if he doesn't take advise from me, then who will he take it from? Honestly, I can't babysit him that way.......
Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Oct 13, 2012
vivian chinaza:

Lol, ok my relationship with him has nothing to do with intimacy. I have tried to advise him but to no avail. For instance, the day he made that over 1m commitment we talked about it and I was supposed to go to the seminar with him but couldn't cos I had to be in school and phiam he went and wrote them a cheque against what we discussed, for what? For just pleasure? He had a car, so why in a rush to buy a new one when there were already uncompleted projects. I'm a financial manager,.....if he doesn't take advise from me, then who will he take it from? Honestly, I can't babysit him that way.......

Its ok then, wishing u the best in whatever decision u decide to take. take kia.
Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by mbulela: 10:47pm On Oct 13, 2012
dayokanu: Call him and sit down

Show him your money management skills. Bring out pen and paper, bring out your excel sheets and show him what he can achieve with proper planning.

Some people are impulsive they want to achieve everything at once. I must admit I am like that atimes, Want to build in village, want to build in city, want to build in US all at the same time.

But if you show him what he can achieve with proper planning that he would get there but he needs to plan and take one at a time.

Tell him to give you just 10,000 and see how you would manage it and what you would achieve it and gradually he would have more confidence in you

Maybe the house in the village first next the house in the city, next the cars One thing at a time

Just show him you are a very good manager of money and I am sure he would relax. Most men think a lot women are not good managers of money as they want to spend spend spend buy clothes, buy shoes, buy weaves without planning for the future, they think they only live for the moment. but if you show him you are s different kind of woman that you are ready to sacrifice material things for long term gains He would hand over his life to you.

I have seen one of your previous post and I am impressed by your thinking. Any man who marries you is lucky

you talk so much sense when you feel like, other times you make so much fun of serious matters.
Where does the bold part fall? In view of your numerous female conquests here should the OP be blushing?
Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by Sedar(m): 11:02pm On Oct 13, 2012
Vivian, what u need to do is to know his source of income, what he do, how he creat wealth,his plans on how to repay the loan,because his travelling could still be for business porpose!his cars could still be package for his business too, Don't just go but prob further to ur. Convection of satisfaction.

Cheers sweet!
Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by GOZILLA(m): 11:12pm On Oct 13, 2012
Madam,he is untameable. It is in d veins. Case in point,mua! My GF don talk tire but I no dey hear. Em fit control emself for like 3 mnths,d next month he will go gaga. If u fit,make u manage d bobo like dat,but to tame am na fat lie
Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by obowunmi(m): 11:12pm On Oct 13, 2012
A man is not an animal he can't be tamed. You can however advise him on his spending habits.
Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by HACKER3: 11:19pm On Oct 13, 2012
GET UR ETISALAT, MTN, GLO, AIRTEL CHEATS + WEBSITE TUTORIALS, FORUM GISTS, EXCLUSE JOKES, LOVE TEXT, HOT THEMES FOR PHONE AND PC and more @ http://africansbest.net
Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by ijebuboy18(m): 11:39pm On Oct 13, 2012
Chinese proverb: It is easier to change the course of a river, than to change a man's character.
If u r looking to change him, the honest ansa is YOU CAN'T . Change has to come from within d guy himself, unfortunately, he might not learn unless he is tot by a bad experience.
My advice will b to stay away from him, trust me, when his well runs dry, he will ask 4 money from ani1 dat he thinks will give, including u, thus creating an unending cycle of debts, cos for such peeps money makes d world go round. Speaking from my personal xperience, though I don't hav millions.
Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by bigpastor(m): 1:34am On Oct 14, 2012
This aspect of his lifestyle
did not go down with me. I kept talking but at the end of
the day he will do what pleases him.
A leopard cannot change its spots.
You must be very careful.
He's quite young.
Hard earned money is hard to spend.
Hope its his hard earned and not wealth thats bequeathed.by his parents.
Notwit standing some people are just extravagant.
Except you are ready to cope wt that attitude of his after marriage, Pls find your way.
Time waits for nobody ESP d female folks
Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by virginvampire(m): 3:24am On Oct 14, 2012
you cannot tame "a non-existence,fictional,figment of ur imagination extravagant man"

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What's The Most Stupid Reason Someone Ever Gave You As An Excuse Not To Date / Must Read: Reasons And Facts Why Sex Before Marriage Is Bad / Dubai Porta Potty; Sláy Queen Treated As Pét As Rich Guy “urínate” On Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.