Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,790 members, 7,831,551 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Cbn’s Crackdown On Bank Debtors Pays Off - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cbn’s Crackdown On Bank Debtors Pays Off (9545 Views)

Shiites: Iran Calls Nigeria To Stop Crackdown On Group / FG Pays Off 20,304 PHCN Workers / Crackdown On Okada Riders, Over 200 Arrested In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cbn’s Crackdown On Bank Debtors Pays Off by acidtalk: 5:16pm On Oct 14, 2012
Billyonaire:
You have no right to insult my person, I guess you are not educated in the art of debate. Poor you!

You just displayed the hight of your stu*pidity. Shame on you.

Scroll up and see if you didn't start with the insult on this forum by insulting me.

So you know it was meant to be a debate but you started going vurgal with me right.

I repeat, you are nothing but a bloody devilish hypocrite.
Re: Cbn’s Crackdown On Bank Debtors Pays Off by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 14, 2012
acidtalk:

You just displayed the hight of your stu*pidity. Shame on you.

Scroll up and see if you didn't start with the insult on this forum by insulting me.

So you know it was meant to be a debate but you started going vurgal with me right.

I repeat, you are nothing but a bloody devilish hypocrite.
There he goes then ranting like an i-d-i-o-t orphaned by hate for Billionaires. Take it easy, you may get hypertensive.
Re: Cbn’s Crackdown On Bank Debtors Pays Off by teddy2011: 5:25pm On Oct 14, 2012
acidtalk:

I feel so sorry for your generation yet onborn because they will sure all suffer from your hypocrite talk.

By the way, I don't need no bank loan for anything. If there's anybody to pay anyone, the Banks are to pay me because they are still yet to release my funds to me under silly excuses. When I know clearly they are trading with it.

Secondly don't be daft my friend. Is Jimoh Ibrahim, Wale Babalakin, Aliko Dangote, Aig Imokhadia, Cosharis and others also part of the subsidy beneficials? The answer is a freaking No!

I see you strive on stu*pidity by misleading ignorant people on what isn't right.

Should I name 3 serving state governors who took a personal loan of over N6b each but have succeeded in twisting papers and turning it into their respective State indebtness to the banks.

Guy you are too small to trade words with.

You are just a hungry boy looking by all means to associate with the who is who in the society.

You used the name BEAF, until you got disgraced out now you are digging your own down fall again right?
O boy u are still going off point. He asked u what happened to your money. Did the bank simply refuse to liquidate your ffixed deposit and pay you, or the bank folded and ur money got stuck?

1 Like

Re: Cbn’s Crackdown On Bank Debtors Pays Off by acidtalk: 5:25pm On Oct 14, 2012
Billyonaire: There he

goes then ranting like an i-d-i-o-t orphaned by hate for Billionaires. Take it easy, you may get hypertensive.

The only thing that can make me hypertensive is if there's no urgent cure for your stupi*dity.

I am extremely allergic to Foo*lish people around me.

th
Re: Cbn’s Crackdown On Bank Debtors Pays Off by acidtalk: 5:27pm On Oct 14, 2012
teddy2011: O boy u are still going off point. He asked u what happened to your money. Did the bank simply refuse to liquidate your ffixed deposit and pay you, or the bank folded and ur money got stuck?

OLE!!! Gerrout joh!
When you resemble lawyer?
So that you can start sending me Spam and fradulent mails right.

Mind your business and face the thread.
Re: Cbn’s Crackdown On Bank Debtors Pays Off by Elueme: 5:34pm On Oct 14, 2012
Their likes( they know themselves) will still come up here like frustrated dogs ,shouting the incompetence of their president inspite of these stringent measures being taken which are gradually yielding results.. LEt me walk out of this thread before they invade it.
Re: Cbn’s Crackdown On Bank Debtors Pays Off by DCAT: 5:37pm On Oct 14, 2012
@Billyonaire:why haven't u taken ur drugs today, what is there to debate when the truth has been lied bare.i can see u are garrulous by nature and nurture.
Re: Cbn’s Crackdown On Bank Debtors Pays Off by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 14, 2012
DCAT: @Billyonaire:why haven't u taken ur drugs today, what is there to debate when the truth has been lied bare.i can see u are garrulous by nature and nurture.
Learn to look in the dictionary before you type. You disgrace yourself.
Re: Cbn’s Crackdown On Bank Debtors Pays Off by Nobody: 5:43pm On Oct 14, 2012
43 nairalanders and 40 guests waiting for billionaire, and acid talk to give peace a chance so that they can say something on this thread.
una too hot abeg...... no be fight.
Re: Cbn’s Crackdown On Bank Debtors Pays Off by acidtalk: 5:44pm On Oct 14, 2012
DCAT: @Billyonaire:why haven't u taken ur drugs today, what is there to debate when the truth has been lied bare.i can see u are garrulous by nature and nurture.

His physchiatric history has gone way above the highest madness pills ever manufactured.

You don't expect anything good to come out of him. When he knew he was getting hated on the forum by each passing day because of his meaningless contributions he created this new account when the BEAF account was always being bashed.

Very soon, he will create another because this is about to go down the drain as well.
Re: Cbn’s Crackdown On Bank Debtors Pays Off by fuke(m): 6:02pm On Oct 14, 2012
Billyonaire: I seem not to understand you. The level of mistakes in your typing makes my stomach turn. Please summarize it and let me look at it again.

So if it is not his fathers money, he should not talk?

These people are rogues parading as bizmen.
They make it impossible for genuine people to access fund.

Evil flourish when men of conscience keep mute.
Re: Cbn’s Crackdown On Bank Debtors Pays Off by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 14, 2012
fuke:

So if it is not his fathers money, he should not talk?

These people are rogues parading as bizmen.
They make it impossible for genuine people to access fund.

Evil flourish when men of conscience keep mute.
Have you gone to the bank with your collateral intact without getting a loan ? You people are terribly ignorant of lending and credit policies.
Re: Cbn’s Crackdown On Bank Debtors Pays Off by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 14, 2012
acidtalk:

His physchiatric history has gone way above the highest madness pills ever manufactured.

You don't expect anything good to come out of him. When he knew he was getting hated on the forum by each passing day because of his meaningless contributions he created this new account when the BEAF account was always being bashed.

Very soon, he will create another because this is about to go down the drain as well.
You have succeeded in derailing this thread with your emotional madness orchestrated by your hate for the wealthy. This is class warfare at its worst. The banks will offer you Credit Facility if you meet up their credit requirements. Do not pour your frustration on the persons and corporations that are doing their best to resolve their issues with AMCON. No one asked you to be timid and emotional.
Re: Cbn’s Crackdown On Bank Debtors Pays Off by Enlightened1: 6:15pm On Oct 14, 2012
Please I don't mean to derail this thread..... But this is utmost importance! Some scammers are trying to con NL members. Email I got from the scammer!

Scam Alert.

Cyntia William cyntiawilliam@ymail.com

Oct 11 (5 mins days ago)

am sending you a special greeting from Naira Land dating site,i know this mail will get to you as a surprised,as i have find it lovely and interested to know you. So i decided to reach out for you to correspond with you,and benefit from the occasion to wish you my best wishes for this year 2012. I hope this brief mail find you in good health. Please try to email me through my private email address given below,so that i can introduce myself very well as a friend and also send you my picture to know the beautiful lady that is talking. I will be anxiously and early waiting to hear from you soonest through my private email address above. not
Your Sincerely

cyntiawilliam@ymail.com
Re: Cbn’s Crackdown On Bank Debtors Pays Off by acidtalk: 6:17pm On Oct 14, 2012
Billyonaire: You have succeeded in derailing this thread with your emotional madness orchestrated by your hate for the wealthy. This is class warfare at its worst. The banks will offer you Credit Facility if you meet up their credit requirements. Do not pour your frustration on the persons and corporations that are doing their best to resolve their issues with AMCON. No one asked you to be timid and emotional.

YOUR LIFE IS PATHETIC!
YOU REALLY NEED A BRAIN TRANSPLANT!!!

I repeat punk, I don't need a loan.
Come to think of it, who are the right thinking people that don't know the so called banks NEVER give loans to people who truly deserve them.

Are you aware AMCON is using the TAX PAYERS monies to clear bad debt by this criminals termed "businessmen" or it is your father's money they are using to buy back the loans from the banks?

What collateral did the likes of Dangote, Otedola and others put forward before collecting such loans. Let CBN make us know the collaterals they have seized and auctioned to reduce the loss of the bad loans secured by these crooks.

Guy, get a better point. Your argument doesn't hold waters or make sense in anyway.

You are just displaying your ignorance with each post you make.
Re: Cbn’s Crackdown On Bank Debtors Pays Off by FrankC3: 6:23pm On Oct 14, 2012
For some folks that think that the wealthy and government is the source of ALL their woes, you need to understand that it is not a crime in itself to take a loan from a bank or to default. That is why there is something called collateral. When people default in loan facilities, their collateral is converted to the bank. It is not some emotional issue. This is why i believe Banks(and not the business men) are to be blamed if they give out loans without proper collateral.

People take loan every time, in fact you can hardly make it to the upper class without using other people's money and paying them salaries with that same money before breaking even. Nobody ever gets rich without substantial borrowing either from friends, families or banks. In fact, some of these guys started very poor. Very few inherit wealth.

Every body have good opportunity to get rich in this country, except for the lazy ones. And if you want to get rich, start thinking like Otedolla and Jimoh. Only play by the rules. They once went against the rule of the game, hence were blacklisted. But with this AMCON deal settlement, they are back in the game of money making. That is just how life is. I only advice the up coming billionaires to learn from these guys, always play by the rule of the game. That way, you protect your brand integrity from damage (especially from the poor who feel that the rich has made ALL the money out there and there is none left for them).
Re: Cbn’s Crackdown On Bank Debtors Pays Off by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 14, 2012
acidtalk:

YOUR LIFE IS PATHETIC!
YOU REALLY NEED A BRAIN TRANSPLANT!!!

I repeat punk, I don't need a loan.
Come to think of it, who are the right thinking people that don't know the so called banks NEVER give loans to people who truly deserve them.

Are you aware AMCON is using the TAX PAYERS monies to clear bad debt by this criminals termed "businessmen" or it is your father's money they are using to buy back the loans from the banks?

What collateral did the likes of Dangote, Otedola and others put forward before collecting such loans. Let CBN make us know the collaterals they have seized and auctioned to reduce the loss of the bad loans secured by these crooks.

Guy, get a better point. Your argument doesn't hold waters or make sense in anyway.

You are just displaying your ignorance with each post you make.

About the bolded: Its like this guy has gone beyond redemption. Someone please tie him up. Will you teach AMCON how to do their job ? Are you insinuating that the banks did not conduct due process before approval loans to those entrepreneurs you listed. Have you lost your senses ? Is the credit facility extended to these persons and business your father's money ? Please you still have opportunity to study elementary banking & finance cos your stupidity is almost beyond redemption.
Re: Cbn’s Crackdown On Bank Debtors Pays Off by Nobody: 6:36pm On Oct 14, 2012
Frank-C:
For some folks that think that the wealthy and government is the source of ALL their woes, you need to understand that it is not a crime in itself to take a loan from a bank or to default. That is why there is something called collateral. When people default in loan facilities, their collateral is converted to the bank. It is not some emotional issue. This is why i believe Banks(and not the business men) are to be blamed if they give out loans without proper collateral.

People take loan every time, in fact you can hardly make it to the upper class without using other people's money and paying them salaries with that same money before breaking even. Nobody ever gets rich without substantial borrowing either from friends, families or banks. In fact, some of these guys started very poor. Very few inherit wealth.

Every body have good opportunity to get rich in this country, except for the lazy ones. And if you want to get rich, start thinking like Otedolla and Jimoh. Only play by the rules. They once went against the rule of the game, hence were blacklisted. But with this AMCON deal settlement, they are back in the game of money making. That is just how life is. I only advice the up coming billionaires to learn from these guys, always play by the rule of the game. That way, you protect your brand integrity from damage (especially from the poor who feel that the rich has made ALL the money out there and there is none left for them).
Re: Cbn’s Crackdown On Bank Debtors Pays Off by hallmark77: 6:45pm On Oct 14, 2012
@Acidtalk,Stop saying that Nigerian Banks refuse to pay your money because its not possible.Unless you are liquidating before the expiration time and they can delay the liquidation.This is a public forum and on sensitive issues you need to clarify yourself.I have been fixing money with banks in Nigeria while away and I know that they frown at liquidation and most of the times they liquidate your money one week after the expiration but they will still remmit your money into your account and most of those cases is the fault of the greedy account officer trying to reap from your money.
Re: Cbn’s Crackdown On Bank Debtors Pays Off by albacete(m): 6:48pm On Oct 14, 2012
Enlightened1: Please I don't mean to derail this thread..... But this is utmost importance! Some scammers are trying to con NL members. Email I got from the scammer!

Scam Alert.

Cyntia William cyntiawilliam@ymail.com

Oct 11 (5 mins days ago)

am sending you a special greeting from Naira Land dating site,i know this mail will get to you as a surprised,as i have find it lovely and interested to know you. So i decided to reach out for you to correspond with you,and benefit from the occasion to wish you my best wishes for this year 2012. I hope this brief mail find you in good health. Please try to email me through my private email address given below,so that i can introduce myself very well as a friend and also send you my picture to know the beautiful lady that is talking. I will be anxiously and early waiting to hear from you soonest through my private email address above. not
Your Sincerely

cyntiawilliam@ymail.com

so what was ur reply?
Common, spit it out. I hope u didn't give him 1 hell of a chance?

@Billyonaire and Acidtalk:
pls let it rest. U don't need to use abusive on urselves here.

Now both of u should shake hands and hug each other. kiss
Re: Cbn’s Crackdown On Bank Debtors Pays Off by acidtalk: 6:50pm On Oct 14, 2012
^^^

Now I can see you are talking from what you economics book says.

But I am talking from real life experience.

To @all sane people in here, here's a brief story:

A friend's father went to bank to borrow N3.2b late last year from one of the banks whose name is Quoted in our National Pledge. The man used his Querry company, a filling station and another property whose entire total worth was barely N750m.

When he submitted the whole files and it was to be considered, some legal department staff turned down his request. This man was so furious that day they he kept flaring like it was his entitlement.

He put 3 phones calls through (won't mention who he called), and under 2hours, this man was told it has been approved.

Aprroved keh at 9pm? When the banks had closed.

Loan processing takes 21days or so but yet this man even without meeting up to the requirement got his approved that same day, well everyone was happy but my mind went straight to the innocent people who will become jobless from this single act with some other similar cases.

3months ago, that same bank layed off about 520 of its staff and came out to say it an ongoing process as more will go before the end of this year.

If I am talking to people with a conscience, you guys will know where I am coming from and where I am driving at.

People think blood moneyonly involves life taking (rituals) but it sure goes beyond that.

For people who have ran down banks and finiancial instituitions because of their greed and have made peope lose their jobs and others go hungry to bed or some commit suicide from such dissapointment, God will certainly judge.
Re: Cbn’s Crackdown On Bank Debtors Pays Off by taharqa: 7:04pm On Oct 14, 2012
acidtalk: ^^^

A friend's father went to bank to borrow N3.2b late last year from one of the banks whose name is Quoted in our National Pledge. The man used his Querry company, a filling station and another property whose entire total worth was barely N750m.

When he submitted the whole files and it was to be considered, some legal department staff turned down his request. This man was so furious that day they he kept flaring like it was his entitlement.

He put 3 phones calls through (won't mention who he called), and under 2hours, this man was told it has been approved.

Loan processing takes 21days or so but yet this man even without meeting up to the requirement got his approved that same day, well everyone was happy but my mind went straight to the innocent people who will become jobless from this single act with some other similar cases.

3months ago, that same bank layed off about 520 of its staff and came out to say it an ongoing process as more will go before the end of this year.

If I am talking to people with a conscience, you guys will know where I am coming from and where I am driving at.

People think blood moneyonly involves life taking (rituals) but it sure goes beyond that.

For people who have ran down banks and finiancial instituitions because of their greed and have made peope lose their jobs and others go hungry to bed or some commit suicide from such dissapointment, God will certainly judge.
What are you blabbling about? People collect loans from banks all over the world and dont pay back for many reasons sm of which are dubious( i mean think of the 2008 World economic crisis in d US). In dis case, a company was set up by govt to tk over the bad loans and d debtors are now bn forcd to pay back and sm are doing so- so wot is d problem here? Why are u ranting?

1 Like

Re: Cbn’s Crackdown On Bank Debtors Pays Off by snapbackcheap: 7:18pm On Oct 14, 2012
Callotti:

Why is it that even when Nigerians are being phacked in the azzzez with flaming pitch-forks, that their "Jesus" is always near-by? undecided
Abi, misery always loves miserable company?
Billyonaire: Point of correct little rabbit, do not keep 2 paragraphs per line cos you are consuming too much pages of Seun's Nairaland with your rubbish and factless assertions. If you have your proof, walk into the EFCC office and do not derail this thread further. Guess, you will not go to EFCC cos you have no proof. This thread is about Cbn’s Crackdown On Bank Debtors Paying Off. Little Rabbit!
Re: Cbn’s Crackdown On Bank Debtors Pays Off by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 14, 2012
AcidTalk stop being emotional about these issues. When you are in need of credit facilities and have your collateral in place you will be serviced by the banks. Do not blame the Dangote, Otedola and other entrepreneurs who are more valuable Nigerians than you are cos they employ at least 5,000 Nigerians each. If they do not get lending, over 5,000 families will go hungry, jobless and may even commit suicide and you will blame Government again. Its better you reason like a human being than a Goat. Apologies if I punched a hole in your tyre-like head.

1 Like

Re: Cbn’s Crackdown On Bank Debtors Pays Off by albacete(m): 7:43pm On Oct 14, 2012
Billyonaire: AcidTalk stop being emotional about these issues. When you are in need of credit facilities and have your collateral in place you will be serviced by the banks. Do not blame the Dangote, Otedola and other entrepreneurs who are more valuable Nigerians than you are cos they employ at least 5,000 Nigerians each. If they do not get lending, over 5,000 families will go hungry, jobless and may even commit suicide and you will blame Government again. Its better you reason like a human being than a Goat. Apologies if I punched a hole in your tyre-like head.

@Billyonaire i think what acidtalk meant was that the loans taken should be equal to the collateral. Not using 750m collateral to get a loan of 3.2bn

u guys should just take it easy with each other.
Re: Cbn’s Crackdown On Bank Debtors Pays Off by Nobody: 7:53pm On Oct 14, 2012
albacete:

@Billyonaire i think what acidtalk meant was that the loans taken should be equal to the collateral. Not using 750m collateral to get a loan of 3.2bn

I am taking it easy already. It is not his job to evaluate collateral against credit facilities. The banks credit unit and risk department handles that responsibility. And AMCON covers the banks against any fortuitous circumstances. Then lastly CBN is the regulator and has successfully stepped in to salvage the situation. AcidTalk's beaf for the Billionaire Entrepreneurs emanates from his deeply routed hatred for the wealthy class. He hides under the clove of 'a certain personal liquidation anomaly' to transmit his pro-class warfare antics. If those guys dont hire, our economy will collapse. I even am pushing for the government to offer them single digit tax regime and be encouraged to hire more.
Re: Cbn’s Crackdown On Bank Debtors Pays Off by Elueme: 8:07pm On Oct 14, 2012
If I may ask, what truth are you talking about here? And must you resort to direct insult on a person you have not even had a prior argument with as far as this very thread is concerned? Really sad.
Re: Cbn’s Crackdown On Bank Debtors Pays Off by acidtalk: 8:14pm On Oct 14, 2012
albacete:

THANK GOD!!! We have someone who has a brain to reason correctly and see things without being sentimental.

They know what I am dragging out but are only too wicked to always speak the truth when it arises.

Funny do you know most of the documents this people submit to back up collateral like C of O, bonds and the rest are always returned to them immediately? The bankers never get to hold such documents.

That's why you find one man using the same collateral to take up the same amount of loans in 5 different banks within the same period.
Re: Cbn’s Crackdown On Bank Debtors Pays Off by albacete(m): 8:21pm On Oct 14, 2012
Billyonaire: I am taking it easy already. It is not his job to evaluate collateral against credit facilities. The banks credit unit and risk department handles that responsibility. And AMCON covers the banks against any fortuitous circumstances. Then lastly CBN is the regulator and has successfully stepped in to salvage the situation. AcidTalk's beaf for the Billionaire Entrepreneurs emanates from his deeply routed hatred for the wealthy class. He hides under the clove of 'a certain personal liquidation anomaly' to transmit his pro-class warfare antics. If those guys dont hire, our economy will collapse. I even am pushing for the government to offer them single digit tax regime and be encouraged to hire more.

I would even suggest that the tax should be removed cos d guy dey try no be small.

Imagine an individual having thousands of workers on his payroll. If all Nigerians living abroad would invest like him, we would really reduce d current unemployment rate.
Re: Cbn’s Crackdown On Bank Debtors Pays Off by bros856: 8:26pm On Oct 14, 2012
@ acidtalk dont mind @ Billyonaire or whatever he/she is call. I believe its one of those Nigerian bank robber's house help. How can a normal Nigerian defend people like Femi Otedola, Dangote, Jimo Ibrahim, Ceclia Ibru, Adenuga, Babangida, Abacha, Atiku, Abdulsalami, South South state Governors, etc. If all this people are jailed life in prison. I tell you Nigeria will lead the world economics. We are more than bless.
Re: Cbn’s Crackdown On Bank Debtors Pays Off by Elueme: 8:28pm On Oct 14, 2012
acidtalk: ^^^

You are being too emotional on this issue.. Bad debt is a universal occurrence and it is partly what almost crippled Europe and America in the last recession which the world hasn't fully recovered from and Greece and Spain on economic cross road as we speak.. I have read your argument, and we are on the same page just that ideology differs.. Economic heavy weights all over the world survives on excessive borrowing more than they will like to pay. In as much as it is not moral , but society allows it because of services rendered and revenue accruing to the country via tax and other things as well as employment opportunities they offer. This is why the American govt would pay billions of dollars as bail out for some distressed indigenous companies to put the economy back on track.
This government is fighting hard to get back some of these loans and that explain the role of AMCON and CBN's extra constitutional move on imposing embargo on further borrowing. So far nobody has committed sacrilege per se, what has happened in the past however, shady and immoral it may be, it is part of the game and as you said" God will certainly judge" so let the battle be His so we can have peace.
Re: Cbn’s Crackdown On Bank Debtors Pays Off by FrankC3: 8:32pm On Oct 14, 2012
acidtalk:

THANK GOD!!! We have someone who has a brain to reason correctly and see things without being sentimental.

They know what I am dragging out but are only too wicked to always speak the truth when it arises.

Funny do you know most of the documents this people submit to back up collateral like C of O, bonds and the rest are always returned to them immediately? The bankers never get to hold such documents.

That's why you find one man using the same collateral to take up the same amount of loans in 5 different banks within the same period.

And whose fault is that? The CBN, Banks or the borrowers? You are shooting holes through your own logic.

Otedolla steps into a bank, demanding for a loan of N10b. The Bank staff route him to the marketing manager who liaises with the bank internal hierarchy to inform him that it is possible, but not before he present a collateral worth N11b. He submits the necessary collateral documents and sundry other documents demanded by the Bank. The bank returns the document to Otedolla and hand him over the loan. Now, how is this Otedolla's problem? If there is any problem here, it was a failure of the Bank's internal control mechanism.

The day you become a business man is the day you go into any deal hoping, negotiating and positioning to get the best deal. If your bank will help you get it, even if it means them bending the rule for you, you are not liable. That is how real life is.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Former Zamfara State Commissioner Sextape [bleeping A Younger Girl] / Baru Shuts Down PPP Deal Expected To Redeem Nigeria’s Refineries / Yahaya Bello: I Won’t Bargain With Criminals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.