Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,588 members, 7,812,913 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House (2991 Views)

Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! / Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism / In Defence Of Logicboy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by nokia3310: 3:30pm On Oct 15, 2012
mumumugu:

plz is it posible to b neither a teist or an ateist

You can also read about agnosticism.
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by freebloke: 3:52pm On Oct 15, 2012
@op,
i dey feel u die...
ds rligious thing dey crazy. If u no follow dem believe in god na him be sey satan don nack u akpako...lol.
was in ur shoes once... My babe couldnt understand why me from a religious background go just bone anything religion.
she is religious(u know 9ja babes n rligion) but she don understand my ways and me self give her her privilages.so no issues.
na her mama bin wan cause wahala b4 but wen she com understand me she com stop to talk to her mama about our rlationship. Ds happen afta her sis marry one pastor and d pastor com dey show d sis shege.
anyways,my babe say me b her best fwend cos me no dey reason "one-way" traffic lyk some folks. Me no know ooo... Lol.
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by nokia3310: 4:04pm On Oct 15, 2012
freebloke: @op,
i dey feel u die...
ds rligious thing dey crazy. If u no follow dem believe in god na him be sey satan don nack u akpako...lol.
was in ur shoes once... My babe couldnt understand why me from a religious background go just bone anything religion.
she is religious(u know 9ja babes n rligion) but she don understand my ways and me self give her her privilages.so no issues.
na her mama bin wan cause wahala b4 but wen she com understand me she com stop to talk to her mama about our rlationship. Ds happen afta her sis marry one pastor and d pastor com dey show d sis shege.
anyways,my babe say me b her best fwend cos me no dey reason "one-way" traffic lyk some folks. Me no know ooo... Lol.

lol @ the bolded..
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 15, 2012
lmao... freebloke, if na so u dey, she had more to fear than just agnosticism... lol
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by freebloke: 4:46pm On Oct 15, 2012
Hehehehehe.... I fit'nt shouted!
muskeeto2: lmao... freebloke, if na so u dey, she had more to fear than just agnosticism... lol
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by okeyxyz(m): 5:39pm On Oct 15, 2012
Logicboy03:
Concerning how I came to be an atheist, I was a catholic and I topped being a christian after reading about slavery and how the catholic church supported it in its doctrine in the 13th century. I also saw how slavery was supported in the bible. From there, it went to questions how God who believes every man is equal would ignore West Africa for over 4,000 years then choose to come to West Africa with Christian Europeans to enslave West Africans. Why are all God's prophets from the middles east in christianity, Islam and Judaism? Stinks of racism.

Cheii!!! Wind don blow, now we don see the nyash of foul grin grin grin

So @logicboy does not even know(or is pretending to be) what an atheist is?? You go about telling people you are an atheist but here you have revealed your true nature.
Just to set you straight: an atheist is somebody who does not believe in the existence of a god, but you have demonstrated above that you believe in god, only that you are an adversary of him. You are angry with the catholic\christian god because he's a "slave master" and a "racist", you hold grieviances against him for his "wickedness". So please tell us, How is it possible that you can be angry with and antagonistic to an entity that does not exist?? Hmm.. I remember: There's this other person who's also angry and an adversary of god. I'm sure you know him, He's called satan, aka Lucifer. a relative of yours I presume??

Abeg you should change your name to stup.idboy or confusedboy or anything alone that line, but clearly not logicboy because your use of that name defeats logic itself. You can't even manage a simple logical analogy, let alone doing a full critical assessment on any subject, which judging from your above writeup, is a disaster.

Calling all True and Honest atheist, @logicboy is an imposter amongst you guys o. He's a satanist in "atheist-clothing"(full regalia grin grin), and the last time I checked, satanists still believe in a god.

1 Like

Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by Obi1kenobi(m): 6:15pm On Oct 15, 2012
Personally, I'll go through the lying route when my time comes to go wife hunting. It's still far away cos I'm 22 and doing my Youth Service for now. But I know when the time comes, there'll be great challenges because this is a very religious, bigoted society who don't recognize the plurality of thought and demand conformity. I'm already getting plenty of practise by revealing to almost any new person I meet that I'm irrelegious and this elicits different reactions: some are intrigued and develop even greater interest in me than they'd have done; some begin avoiding me like I had the plague. Funny enough, only my sister based in London out of a big family of 7 know my agnostic stance and I only told her cos I knew she was "exposed" enough to understand. My parents would probably get a stroke or heart attack if they knew and the rest of my siblings would tell my parents if I told them.

It helps when you can speak articulately with conviction, authority and substance about your beliefs. I did this successfully in our NYSC orientation camp in Lagos and it generally commands some respect even if people don't agree with you. But when I'm getting married, I'm certainly not telling my wife's family about my beliefs. It's easier that way.
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by okeyxyz(m): 6:30pm On Oct 15, 2012
@plaetton, @nokia3310, @all-Atheist:

Since you guys don't believe in a god and your opinion is that life is meaningless, we all appear and disappear at random, no sin, no karma, etc, So why do you hold on to religious traditions like marriage? This is just one silliness I find amongst all anti-religion/anti-spiritual folks. What value does marriage hold for you guys? Why do you need marriage to validate your relationship with a woman? Why do you need children to carry-on your name and wealth on this earth if truly this life is meaningless and without spiritual significance? Maybe I'm missing something here, but please do educate me, because honestly, I see it in two ways: Anti-religious/spiritual people who still want to practice marriage are either insane of plane hypocrites(no offense).

Even me who is a spiritual person, I choose not to marry, I simply find no true use for it in my life. I can indeed love a woman(or women) without the need of marriage to give our relationship a meaning. If I chose to father children, I definitely do not need marriage in order to be called Dad! for me: marriage is a spiritual choice, not a requirement. So what does the "un-spiritual atheist" see or need in this tradition called marriage??
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by Nobody: 6:45pm On Oct 15, 2012
okeyxyz: @plaetton, @nokia3310, @all-Atheist:

Since you guys don't believe in a god and your opinion is that life is meaningless, we all appear and disappear at random, no sin, no karma, etc, So why do you hold on to religious traditions like marriage? This is just one silliness I find amongst all anti-religion/anti-spiritual folks.
Marriage is not religious, but traditional... i expect some one of your stature to know the difference...
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by okeyxyz(m): 6:53pm On Oct 15, 2012
muskeeto2:
Marriage is not religious, but traditional... i expect some one of your stature to know the difference...

Ok! So what exactly does "traditional" mean if it is not a religious derivative?
what value does it add to your life & wellbeing? At least religious folks have a clear stand on the significance of marriage.
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by freebloke: 7:22pm On Oct 15, 2012
@okeyxyz,
bros,e b like sey u just wan argue 4 sake of argue. Wetin concern marriage with religion.... Do i need any religion 2 tell me when,how or why i should b married?
i wan marry... I marry!
i no wan marry... I no marry! Na wetin i want i go do.
cheers.
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 15, 2012
freebloke: @okeyxyz,
bros[b],e b like sey u just wan argue 4 sake of argue.[/b] Wetin concern marriage with religion.... Do i need any religion 2 tell me when,how or why i should b married?
i wan marry... I marry!
cheers.
U know see as i ignore am? NeXT na to ask weda headtie and scarf na religion or tradtional... mscheew..
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by okeyxyz(m): 7:29pm On Oct 15, 2012
freebloke: @okeyxyz,
bros,e b like sey u just wan argue 4 sake of argue. Wetin concern marriage with religion.... Do i need any religion 2 tell me when,how or why i should b married?
i wan marry... I marry!
cheers.

So you wan marry for no reason? for no purpose? what are you?? Cos i can't qualify you right now.
To say you are a robot(no offence) would not describe you, because even robots and machines have a purpose that their creators have programmed/designed them for.

My question is simple: Why do anti-religion folks love religious traditions??
Why do you need marriage to feel secure in a relationship with a woman/man? At least it gives religious people security and clear conscience and duty.
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by okeyxyz(m): 7:33pm On Oct 15, 2012
muskeeto2:
U know see as i ignore am? NeXT na to ask weda headtie and scarf na religion or tradtional... mscheew..

Why? because you can't handle a truly critical and adult question?
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by Kay17: 7:42pm On Oct 15, 2012
@okezy

Could you keep out stereotypes, because sins, karma and afterlife don't make life any meaningful. The value of life should be inherent.

Marriage is a contractual arrangement. Like all other legal contracts, society recognises it.
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 15, 2012
okeyxyz:

Why? because you can't handle a truly critical and adult question?

This is a foolish question. Because it's based on the false premise that MARRIAGE is SPIRITUAL...

I would like to have kids. I would like to provide a good foundation for them, a comfortable one. Marriage, as a tradition, makes sense. Did Christianity bring marriage to Nigeria?
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by Nobody: 7:45pm On Oct 15, 2012
okeyxyz:

So you wan marry for no reason? for no purpose? what are you?? Cos i can't qualify you right now.
To say you are a robot(no offence) would not describe you, because even robots and machines have a purpose that their creators have programmed/designed them for.

Why do you need marriage to feel secure in a relationship with a woman/man? At least it gives religious people security and clear conscience and duty.
The same religious people that still divorce? oh i forgot, those are not TRUE christians...
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by freebloke: 7:49pm On Oct 15, 2012
[quote author=okeyxyz]

Why do you need marriage to feel secure in a relationship with a woman/man? At least it gives religious people security and clear conscienc
bros,Mi no dey talk 2much.
play play play play u go begin insult me... Na una way!
everybody cannot see or do things d way u do or d way u xpect dem 2.
IS THAT TOO DIFFICULT 4 U 2 UNDERSTAND AND DEAL WITH?!
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by Obi1kenobi(m): 7:51pm On Oct 15, 2012
okeyxyz: @plaetton, @nokia3310, @all-Atheist:

Since you guys don't believe in a god and your opinion is that life is meaningless, we all appear and disappear at random, no sin, no karma, etc, So why do you hold on to religious traditions like marriage? This is just one silliness I find amongst all anti-religion/anti-spiritual folks. What value does marriage hold for you guys? Why do you need marriage to validate your relationship with a woman? Why do you need children to carry-on your name and wealth on this earth if truly this life is meaningless and without spiritual significance? Maybe I'm missing something here, but please do educate me, because honestly, I see it in two ways: Anti-religious/spiritual people who still want to practice marriage are either insane of plane hypocrites(no offense).

Even me who is a spiritual person, I choose not to marry, I simply find no true use for it in my life. I can indeed love a woman(or women) without the need of marriage to give our relationship a meaning. If I chose to father children, I definitely do not need marriage in order to be called Dad! for me: marriage is a spiritual choice, not a requirement. So what does the "un-spiritual atheist" see or need in this tradition called marriage??

You're probably deluded enough to think your point somehow puts us in a fix but it's a load of drivel that scores no point whatsoever. I don't see marriage as some kind of divine mandate but more like a union in law. And being irreligious doesn't preclude having appreciation for traditional or cultural institutions. Majority of cultures around the world have since time immemorial, observed such unions in various forms independent of any religion. And that doesn't include the fact most women in this culture (at least, desirable ones) would never agree to a permanent union that is void of formal ties in form of marriage. The most laughable of your points is the one alluding to having children as a way to pass on our name and inherit wealth. So I may not want to have children just because I actually love children and would love to raise and care for children? So atheists and agnostics are incapable of love or any visceral sentiments just because we may not believe in some big daddy up in the skies? What next - you may as well ask us why we even eat or sleep or laugh or work?

Fatuous load of garbage. Try again with something more intelligent.
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by Obi1kenobi(m): 7:55pm On Oct 15, 2012
n
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by okeyxyz(m): 8:00pm On Oct 15, 2012
Kay 17: @okezy
Could you keep out stereotypes, because sins, karma and afterlife don't make life any meaningful. The value of life should be inherent.

You'd get my respects if you'd simply said these things don't mean anything to you. Why would religious folks hold any regards to sin, karma and the after-life if it holds no meaning to them?? Or does your own outlook on life automatically abrogate theirs? based on what principle? Note that you are taking the precisely the same attitudes you accuse christians/moslems of.

Marriage is a contractual arrangement. Like all other legal contracts, society recognises it.

What contract? for love?? Is that what you say to your girl? I love contract you? Does constitution mandate you to marry before you can live with a woman or have children?
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by okeyxyz(m): 8:09pm On Oct 15, 2012
muskeeto2:

This is a foolish question. Because it's based on the false premise that MARRIAGE is SPIRITUAL...

I would like to have kids. I would like to provide a good foundation for them, a comfortable one. Marriage, as a tradition, makes sense. Did Christianity bring marriage to Nigeria?

Fine, you have disagreed with me already, but what you'd failed to do is give your own interpretation of marriage. What does tradition mean. What is the origin of tradition if not some dogma?

Yes I know, but why? what do these values for continuity hold for you? why do you want to make an impact for others in a life you believe to be meaningless. Why do you want to leave a legacy of marriage? Why do you need marriage
christainity may not have brought marriage but religion/spirituality did.
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by okeyxyz(m): 8:13pm On Oct 15, 2012
muskeeto2:
The same religious people that still divorce? oh i forgot, those are not TRUE christians...

So does divorce make the spirituality of marriage invalid? Is divorce not a spiritual process in christianity & islam, etc?
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by okeyxyz(m): 8:19pm On Oct 15, 2012
freebloke:
bros,Mi no dey talk 2much.
play play play play u go begin insult me... Na una way!
everybody cannot see or do things d way u do or d way u xpect dem 2.
IS THAT TOO DIFFICULT 4 U 2 UNDERSTAND AND DEAL WITH?!

Sorry if i come across as insulting, it's just a manner of writing, not intended.

And yes, it's difficult to understand that you'd do something like marriage for no reason. And i'm not asking that you conform to my values, but you'd failed to give my a reason why marriage is important for an atheist/non-religious se.xual relationship. Why not just have committed se.xual relationship on it's own? that's real & true enough.
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 15, 2012
okeyxyz:

Sorry if i come across as insulting, it's just a manner of writing, not intended.

And yes, it's difficult to understand that you'd do something like marriage for no reason. And i'm not asking that you conform to my values, but you'd failed to give my a reason why marriage is important for an atheist/non-religious se.xual relationship. Why not just have committed se.xual relationship on it's own? that's real & true enough.

muskeeto2:
I[b] would like to have kids. I would like to provide a good foundation for them, a comfortable environment.[/b] Marriage, as a tradition, makes sense. Did Christianity bring marriage to Nigeria?

It's getting a bit difficult to differentiate trolling and honest ignorance.. my apologies if yours is the latter..
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by Obi1kenobi(m): 8:34pm On Oct 15, 2012
muskeeto2:

It's getting a bit difficult to differentiate trolling and honest ignorance.. my apologies if yours is the latter..

It's definitely ignorance. Stringing himself up in knots and probably thinking he's the bomb. The guy perversely thinks you're incapable of appreciating anything in life just because you may not believe in some Jewish mythology.
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by okeyxyz(m): 8:53pm On Oct 15, 2012
Obi1kenobi:
You're probably deluded enough to think your point somehow puts us in a fix but it's a load of drivel that scores no point whatsoever. I don't see marriage as some kind of divine mandate but more like a union in law.

will you guys stop already with this law blahblahblah.., Why do you need a union in law? what does it give you? Does it make you happier? does it give you promotion in work? Are you better law abiding person by virtue of marriage? What does marriage contribute to your citizenship or civil duties as a nigerian? Does any government force you to marry? if not, then using the law as excuse is just completely lame.

And being irreligious doesn't preclude having appreciation for traditional or cultural institutions. Majority of cultures around the world have since time immemorial, observed such unions in various forms independent of any religion. And that doesn't include the fact most women in this culture (at least, desirable ones) would never agree to a permanent union that is void of formal ties in form of marriage.

True! all cultures in history have practiced the institution of marriage, but all within religious context. Marriage had always had a divine significance for all those cultures, whether with or without christianity.

And women tend to want marriage because it gives them security in the society whose values are derived from religious traditions. Why is a married woman more respected and valuable than an unmarried one? Does it make her a different person? These are simply religious practices that have been carried over to secular life. Just think about it, without religion/spirituality, marriage just doesn't hold much weight. Why can't two or more adults just love each other and do the reponsibilities that come with it?

The most laughable of your points is the one alluding to having children as a way to pass on our name and inherit wealth.

Ohh?? so this is a false allusion?? Do you pass your name to children who are not yours?

So I may not want to have children just because I actually love children and would love to raise and care for children? So atheists and agnostics are incapable of love or any visceral sentiments just because we may not believe in some big daddy up in the skies? What next - you may as well ask us why we even eat or sleep or laugh or work?

Fatuous load of garbage. Try again with something more intelligent.

If you really want to love and care for children(and i'm assuming you don't mean pedophilia grin ), why go through the whole ceremony of marriage and family? there are millions of abandoned children seeking philanthropists to care for them. But this is digressing from the question. You have still failed to tell me why marriage is important to you. why is just a normal relationship between man and woman not enough?

1 Like

Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by okeyxyz(m): 9:03pm On Oct 15, 2012
muskeeto2:

I know you like to have kids and blahblahblah.., But do you need marriage for that? There are many couples who co-habit and raise families without being legally married. And however you look at it, marriage is a religious tradition, even in court, and there's no way you can spin it else-wise.
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by Nobody: 9:08pm On Oct 15, 2012
okeyxyz:

I know you like to have kids and blahblahblah.., But do you need marriage for that? There are many couples who co-habit and raise families without being legally married. And however you look at it, marriage is a religious tradition, even in court, and there's no way you can spin it else-wise.
Were Adam and Eve married? Did Jesus grow up with his biological father?

Let me indulge your stupidity for a while?
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by okeyxyz(m): 9:12pm On Oct 15, 2012
muskeeto2:
Were Adam and Eve married? Did Jesus grow up with his biological father?

Let me indulge your stupidity for a while?

grin grin grin
Bros, you are not even making sense anymore. You are turning the gun on yourself now. So adam & eve were not married? and jesus did not grow up in a marriage family? Well, I can safely assume you don't read the bible...
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:12pm On Oct 15, 2012
okeyxyz:

will you guys stop already with this law blahblahblah.., Why do you need a union in law? what does it give you? Does it make you happier? does it give you promotion in work? Are you better law abiding person by virtue of marriage? What does marriage contribute to your citizenship or civil duties as a nigerian? Does any government force you to marry? if not, then using the law as excuse is just completely lame.

True! all cultures in history have practiced the institution of marriage, but all within religious context. Marriage had always had a divine significance for all those cultures, whether with or without christianity.

And women tend to want marriage because it gives them security in the society whose values are derived from religious traditions. Why is a married woman more respected and valuable than an unmarried one? Does it make her a different person? These are simply religious practices that have been carried over to secular life. Just think about it, without religion/spirituality, marriage just doesn't hold much weight. Why can't two or more adults just love each other and do the reponsibilities that come with it?

Ohh?? so this is a false allusion?? Do you pass your name to children who are not yours?

If you really want to love and care for children(and i'm assuming you don't mean pedophilia grin ), why go through the whole ceremony of marriage and family? there are millions of abandoned children seeking philanthropists to care for them. But this is digressing from the question. You have still failed to tell me why marriage is important to you. why is just a normal relationship between man and woman not enough?

You're obviously not too bright (no offense wink). I can't be bothered to address the twaddle you're spinning around here. Whatever rocks your boat, sunshine. We irreligious folk are all hypocrites. Good luck with those who wish to indulge you. Can't say I have the same level of patience.
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by Nobody: 9:14pm On Oct 15, 2012
okeyxyz:

grin grin grin
Bros, you are not even making sense anymore. You are turning the gun on yourself now. So adam & eve were not married? and jesus did not grow up in a marriage family? Well, I can safely assume you don't read the bible...

Were Adam and Eve married?
Did Jesus grow up with his biological father?

I can safely say I've got you in a tight spot.. shoot...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prayer Points For June 2016 RCCG Holy Ghost Service. Victorious Praise. / [Free Download] 360gospelvibes End Of The Year Worship Mix / In The Name Of Jesus: Why Is It So Powerful?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.