Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,585 members, 7,812,913 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House (2990 Views)

Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! / Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism / In Defence Of Logicboy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by Nobody: 9:15pm On Oct 15, 2012
Obi1kenobi:

You're obviously not too bright (no offense wink). I can't be bothered to address the twaddle you're spinning around here. Whatever rocks your boat, sunshine. We irreligious folk are all hypocrites. Good luck with those who wish to indulge you. Can't say I have the same level of patience.
That's a compliment, you know?
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by onetrack(m): 9:26pm On Oct 15, 2012
okeyxyz:

grin grin grin
Bros, you are not even making sense anymore. You are turning the gun on yourself now. So adam & eve were not married? and jesus did not grow up in a marriage family? Well, I can safely assume you don't read the bible...

Who performed the wedding ceremony of Adam and Eve? They weren't married, they just did "it".

We don't know who Jesus' real father was....maybe Mary claimed to be pregnant by God in order to cover up the fact that she was messing around on the side and didn't want the shame of having an out-of-wedlock baby. In any case, how do we know that Joseph and Mary were formally married?

We DO know about Solomon and his family....let's see...was it 300 wives and 500 concubines? Good, solid upright family man, Solomon was.

I do think that a wedding ceremony is not important. If there is a good reason to have a civil marriage contract, such as making sure the kids are taken care of, then fine, but it does not have to be religious in any way.
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by Nobody: 9:28pm On Oct 15, 2012
onetrack:

Who performed the wedding ceremony of Adam and Eve? They weren't married, they just did "it".

We don't know who Jesus' real father was....maybe Mary claimed to be pregnant by God in order to cover up the fact that she was messing around on the side and didn't want the shame of having an out-of-wedlock baby. In any case, how do we know that Joseph and Mary were formally married?

We DO know about Solomon and his family....let's see...was it 300 wives and 500 concubines? Good, solid upright family man, Solomon was.

I do think that a wedding ceremony is not important. If there is a good reason to have a civil marriage contract, such as making sure the kids are taken care of, then fine, but it does not have to be religious in any way.
Lol, bros you for allow the oaf shoot na...
grin
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by Nobody: 9:30pm On Oct 15, 2012
oh, then there was David, killed someone's husband so he could get her..
then the 12 disciples, were any of them married.. we know Saul wasn't married and was a serial masturbator... maybe like okeyxyz...
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by freebloke: 9:46pm On Oct 15, 2012
onetrack:

I fitnt knoweth wat 2 talketh... Meaning, no comment. Lol.

muskeeto2: oh, then there was David, killed someone's husband so he could get her..
then the 12 disciples, were any of them married.. we know Saul wasn't married and was a serial masturbator... maybe like okeyxyz...
I fitnt knoweth wat 2 talketh... Meaning, no comment. Lol.
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by okeyxyz(m): 9:46pm On Oct 15, 2012
onetrack:

Was Mary married to Joseph or not? Was there a marriage process?

So How did we come about civil marriage contracts? Was it not that laws were enacted to recognize religious marriage contracts?? Was there a civil marriage before then?

I'd ignored your other(upper) posts because they are not making much sense(like @muskeeto), you seem not to understand what this debate is about.
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 15, 2012
okeyxyz:

So How did we come about civil marriage contracts? Was it not that laws were enacted to recognize religious marriage contracts?? Was there a civil marriage before then?

I'd ignored your other(upper) posts because they are not making much sense(like @muskeeto), you seem not to understand what this debate is about.

My last say on this.. none should be held responsible for your ignorance.. like Pilate, I was my hairy hands off your case..

Source:Here

Has marriage always had the same definition?
Actually, the institution has been in a process of constant evolution. Pair-bonding began in the Stone Age as a way of organizing and controlling sexual conduct and providing a stable structure for child-rearing and the tasks of daily life. But that basic concept has taken many forms across different cultures and eras. "Whenever people talk about traditional marriage or traditional families, historians throw up their hands," said Steven Mintz, a history professor at Columbia University. "We say, 'When and where?'" The ancient Hebrews, for instance, engaged in polygamy — according to the Bible, King Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines — and men have taken multiple wives in cultures throughout the world, including China, Africa, and among American Mormons in the 19th century. Polygamy is still common across much of the Muslim world. The idea of marriage as a sexually exclusive, romantic union between one man and one woman is a relatively recent development. Until two centuries ago, said Harvard historian Nancy Cott, "monogamous households were a tiny, tiny portion" of the world population, found in "just Western Europe and little settlements in North America."

When did people start marrying?
The first recorded evidence of marriage contracts and ceremonies dates to 4,000 years ago, in Mesopotamia. In the ancient world, marriage served primarily as a means of preserving power, with kings and other members of the ruling class marrying off daughters to forge alliances, acquire land, and produce legitimate heirs. Even in the lower classes, women had little say over whom they married. The purpose of marriage was the production of heirs, as implied by the Latin word matrimonium, which is derived from mater (mother).

When did the church get involved?
In ancient Rome, marriage was a civil affair governed by imperial law. But when the empire collapsed, in the 5th century, church courts took over and elevated marriage to a holy union. As the church's power grew through the Middle Ages, so did its influence over marriage. In 1215, marriage was declared one of the church's seven sacraments, alongside rites like baptism and penance. But it was only in the 16th century that the church decreed that weddings be performed in public, by a priest, and before witnesses.
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 15, 2012
dp..
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by onetrack(m): 10:03pm On Oct 15, 2012
okeyxyz:

Many traditional societies have long regarded marriage as a civil affair, basically a business deal between two families, involving specifically a bride-price or a dowry. The Romans had three types of marriage, one religious and two civil....
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by Nobody: 5:01am On Oct 16, 2012
okeyxyz:

Cheii!!! Wind don blow, now we don see the nyash of foul grin grin grin

So @logicboy does not even know(or is pretending to be) what an atheist is?? You go about telling people you are an atheist but here you have revealed your true nature.
Just to set you straight: an atheist is somebody who does not believe in the existence of a god, but you have demonstrated above that you believe in god, only that you are an adversary of him. You are angry with the catholic\christian god because he's a "slave master" and a "racist", you hold grieviances against him for his "wickedness". So please tell us, How is it possible that you can be angry with and antagonistic to an entity that does not exist?? Hmm.. I remember: There's this other person who's also angry and an adversary of god. I'm sure you know him, He's called satan, aka Lucifer. a relative of yours I presume??

Abeg you should change your name to stup.idboy or confusedboy or anything alone that line, but clearly not logicboy because your use of that name defeats logic itself. You can't even manage a simple logical analogy, let alone doing a full critical assessment on any subject, which judging from your above writeup, is a disaster.

Calling all True and Honest atheist, @logicboy is an imposter amongst you guys o. He's a satanist in "atheist-clothing"(full regalia grin grin), and the last time I checked, satanists still believe in a god.

Seriously? Do you reason at all? If you had properly read my comment, youwould realise that the christian god is a racist. A loving god can not be a racist which makes your god non -existent. Safe to say, most religions have a racist god that favours their own people.

My disbelief started from somewhere, just because I didnt mention all of the other arguments against god, it doesnt mean that I dont have them.
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by Kay17: 8:59am On Oct 16, 2012
okeyxyz:

You'd get my respects if you'd simply said these things don't mean anything to you. Why would religious folks hold any regards to sin, karma and the after-life if it holds no meaning to them?? Or does your own outlook on life automatically abrogate theirs? based on what principle? Note that you are taking the precisely the same attitudes you accuse christians/moslems of.

I'm saying is that life without karma and sins isn't worthless and you'd be espousing a view that its the inclusion of karma and sins that make life valuable otherwise it would be an empty shell.

okezy: What contract? for love?? Is that what you say to your girl? I love contract you? Does constitution mandate you to marry before you can live with a woman or have children?

Love isn't legally recognized as the foundation of a marriage, rather its the agreement between the couple. The constitution doesn't touch on marriages.
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by nokia3310: 9:12am On Oct 16, 2012
Kay 17:

I'm saying is that life without karma and sins isn't worthless and you'd be espousing a view that its the inclusion of karma and sins that make life valuable otherwise it would be an empty shell.

Love isn't legally recognized as the foundation of a marriage, rather its the agreement between the couple. The constitution doesn't touch on marriages.
[quote author=Kay 17]

Why waste your precious time responding to that brainwashed okeyxyz who cannot use his head to reason for once, what has marriage got to do with religion?
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:39am On Oct 25, 2012
muskeeto2: oh, then there was David, killed someone's husband so he could get her..
I think ur reading ur bible between the lines because David never raised a hand on Nabal,the dude died because he was foolish.Not because David wanted his wife,David didn't even know that that Abigail was a woman of virtue until he met her,he asked her hand in my marriage after the foolish Nabal died.Abigail I would say was married to a fool like u and God saw that she belonged to a wiseman David,that's that.

Don't try to justify ur lack of understanding with man of God because David was a man after God's own heart.
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 25, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: I think ur reading ur bible between the lines because David never raised a hand on Nabal,the dude died because he was foolish.Not because David wanted his wife,David didn't even know that that Abigail was a woman of virtue until he met her,he asked her hand in my marriage after the foolish Nabal died.Abigail I would say was married to a fool like u and God saw that she belonged to a wiseman David,that's that.

Don't try to justify ur lack of understanding with man of God because David was a man after God's own heart.

Lol.. someone's really angry and about to be humbledByMusqueeto

2 Samuel 11
2 One evening David got up from his bed and walked around on the roof of the palace. From the roof he saw a woman bathing. The woman was very beautiful, 3 and David sent someone to find out about her. The man said, “She is Bathsheba, the daughter of Eliam and the wife of Uriah the Hittite.” 4 Then David sent messengers to get her. She came to him, and he slept with her. (Now she was purifying herself from her monthly uncleanness.) Then she went back home. 5 The woman conceived and sent word to David, saying, “I am pregnant.”

6 So David sent this word to Joab: “Send me Uriah the Hittite.” And Joab sent him to David. 7 When Uriah came to him, David asked him how Joab was, how the soldiers were and how the war was going. 8 Then David said to Uriah, “Go down to your house and wash your feet.” So Uriah left the palace, and a gift from the king was sent after him. 9 But Uriah slept at the entrance to the palace with all his master’s servants and did not go down to his house.

10 David was told, “Uriah did not go home.” So he asked Uriah, “Haven’t you just come from a military campaign? Why didn’t you go home?”

11 Uriah said to David, “The ark and Israel and Judah are staying in tents,[a] and my commander Joab and my lord’s men are camped in the open country. How could I go to my house to eat and drink and make love to my wife? As surely as you live, I will not do such a thing!”

12 Then David said to him, “Stay here one more day, and tomorrow I will send you back.” So Uriah remained in Jerusalem that day and the next. 13 At David’s invitation, he ate and drank with him, and David made him drunk. But in the evening Uriah went out to sleep on his mat among his master’s servants; he did not go home.

14 In the morning David wrote a letter to Joab and sent it with Uriah. 15 In it he wrote, “Put Uriah out in front where the fighting is fiercest. Then withdraw from him so he will be struck down and die.”

16 So while Joab had the city under siege, he put Uriah at a place where he knew the strongest defenders were. 17 When the men of the city came out and fought against Joab, some of the men in David’s army fell; moreover, Uriah the Hittite died.

calm down young lady, i know it's difficult to get over me...
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:58pm On Oct 25, 2012
musKeeto:

Lol.. someone's really angry and about to be humbledByMusqueeto

calm down young lady, i know it's difficult to get over me...
u know wats ur problem atheists?u look into the bible for quotes to suit ur selfishness.

Go read the whole story in the bible and bring me solid back up not this trash
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by advocate666: 1:05pm On Oct 25, 2012
got married the oyibo way. no church or all those silly nonsense.
spouse knows i'll rather worship satan than god and his begotten son.
really don't care what people around me think though most of them have ran away like vampires in the presence of light.
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by Nobody: 1:12pm On Oct 25, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: u know wats ur problem atheists?u look into the bible for quotes to suit ur selfishness.

lol....did you not read the quote he put up there?

#lying for Jesus
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 25, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: u know wats ur problem atheists?u look into the bible for quotes to suit ur selfishness.

Just calm down a bit. breath... and read my post again...

Pls get over me, its over....
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by plaetton: 2:02pm On Oct 25, 2012
musKeeto:

Just calm down a bit. breath... and read my post again...

Pls get over me, its over....

She is trying to defend and justify the immorality that is contained and promoted in the bible.
David, a very greedy, self-seeking, treacherous, murderous maniac, is a celebrated bible hero.
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 25, 2012
plaetton:
She is trying to defend and justify the immorality that is contained and promoted in the bible.
David, a very greedy, self-seeking, treacherous, murderous maniac, is a celebrated bible hero.

what do you expect from a people that have been so bastardsized by slavery, colonialism and imperialism? Some of these drones are so far gone that jewish s#it smells like roses to them. The greeks said that Zeus and his gang of gods lived on Mount Olympus, no one takes it serious. The Yorubas said Obatala created humans in Ile Ife, no one takes it serious. The jews said yahweh created two simpletons who were tricked by a talking snake, and these clowns take it as historic fact. WTF?!!

Everything about the religion is idiotic. From the garden of eden fiasco, to the solution of yahweh f#cking a virgin in order to sacrifice himself to himself, to the ridiculous crack head fantasies of revelation. What's so special about jewish brain farts?

Ile ife actually exists, Mount Olympus actually exists. Where the hell is the so called garden of eden?

1 Like

Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by mazaje(m): 10:04pm On Oct 25, 2012
Am not married. . .My white girl friend here is an atheist, so no problem with that. . .My Nigerian girl friend is a christian and doesn't care that am atheist. . .She believes am just a rebel against her god and will change my mind someday. . .For now she doesn't care. . .
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:56pm On Oct 25, 2012
@poster... grin grin grin grin my wife still thinks i am a Christian .. a good one tooo grin grin grin being a Christian is easy... anyone who went to sunday school as a kid can wing it
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by Nobody: 12:04am On Oct 26, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: @poster... grin grin grin grin my wife still thinks i am a Christian .. a good one tooo grin grin grin being a Christian is easy... anyone who went to sunday school as a kid can wing it

Until your joint account is cleared by your wife to give tithe to tha lord!
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:29am On Oct 26, 2012
Logicboy03:

Until your joint account is cleared by your wife to give tithe to tha lord!
i think i got through to her on the tithe MLM thingy grin grin grin
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by Nobody: 12:35am On Oct 26, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:
i think i got through to her on the tithe MLM thingy grin grin grin

Pastors are now very desperate and sharp!

One of the pastors will say "your husband is stopping your glory! Unless you surrender that tithe for the Lord, he will hold you back!"
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by Nobody: 3:27am On Oct 26, 2012
Logicboy03:

Pastors are now very desperate and sharp!

One of the pastors will say "your husband is stopping your glory! Unless you surrender that tithe for the Lord, he will hold you back!"

lmao...
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by Nobody: 5:02am On Jan 13, 2013
@nokia: how did it go?
Re: Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House by turnstoner(m): 3:03pm On Jan 13, 2013
musKeeto: @nokia: how did it go?

Common!

What's with you reviving ol' threads na?

They are fine threads though grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Taking Alcohol - Is It A Sin? / 40 Things That Will Lead You To Hell Fire - Listed By A Pastor / Sunni And Shia Crisis: A Test Of Mohammed Prophethood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.