Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,963 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:57 PM

International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent (44296 Views)

5 International Celebs You Never Knew Were Nigerian / Let Have Some Fun - 'age That International Celebs Lost Virginity' / Famous African-americans Of Igbo Descent. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by safarigirl(f): 3:37pm On Oct 15, 2012
Okay, so I know there was already a topic on this before, but I can't resist the temptation of starting up a new one, will try to put up mostly new faces, help me out if you know any. Please wouldn't want anyone to rain on my parade, no rude comments, JAMB questions like "How have they contributed...blah blah blah" and no questions concerning the price of anything whatsoever. Thanks wink

1. We have Enuka Vanessa Okuma, Actress. She's most popular as Tracy in Rookie Blue, don't have the full bio though

2. Hope Olaide Wilson, Actress. She was Jennifer in the Tyler Perry movie I Can Do Bad All By Myself

3. Megalyn Echikunwoke, Actress. She played Isabelle Tyler in 4400 and Nicole Palmer in the first season of 24. Her dad is of Igbo royalty, her mother is of Scottish-Irish ancestry.

4. Annie Ngozi Ilonzeh, Actress. She's the first black Charlie's Angel...until the show was cancelled.

Image credit
http://imabeautygeek.com/2011/06/22/feelin-blue-cover-action-on-et-canada/
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2590648/
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0248461/

1 Like

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by safarigirl(f): 4:02pm On Oct 15, 2012
5. Osas Ighodaro, Actress. She was on Cadillac Records.

6.Judith Shekoni, Actress. Played the Amazon leader 'Zafrina' in Twilight: Breaking Dawn. She's a mixture of African, Spanish, and British decent

7. Dayo Okeniyi, Actor. He played Thresh in Hunger games. Nigerian father and Kenyan mother, born and raised in Lagos. THe family moved to the states in 2003. His father is a retired Customs Officer.

8. Nonso Anozie, Actor. Played Artus in The Grey.

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by alleviate2002us(m): 4:35pm On Oct 15, 2012
Actor Hakeem Kae-Kazim, classically trained in the UK at the highly regarded Bristol Old Vic and soon after graduation was invited to join the Royal Shakespeare Company. Mother was an accountant and father was a civil engineer

Born Oct 1, 1962. In Nigeria

He starred in 24series and was popularly known as Col. Ike Dubaku

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by alleviate2002us(m): 4:44pm On Oct 15, 2012
Born on July 10, 1977, in Forest Gate to Nigerian parents, Chiwetel attended Dulwich College in South-East London. By the age of 13, he was appearing in numerous school and National Youth Theatre productions, and subsequently attended the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts.

1 Like

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by learn(f): 4:55pm On Oct 15, 2012
Adetomiwiwa Edun

He is currently playing the role of'"SIR ELYON"" in the award winning BBC SERIES === MERLIN

14 Likes

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Afam4eva(m): 12:38pm On Oct 16, 2012
Hakeem Kazeem was born in Lagos but i don't think he's a Nigerian. I might be wrong though.

Enuka Vanessa Okuma was also in a season in 24 where Jack Bauer used her life to play draft grin

I don't know why Megalyn Echikunwoke has not been able to get a big break in her career.

Chiwetel Ejiofor is one person that may turn out to be the biggest Hollywood star of African descent. he sure has what it takes.

Adewale Akinouye Agbaje should be giving a lead role in one of those blockbusters for once. He's a legend in his own right.

I'm also keeping tabs on Caroline Chikezie
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by solomon111(m): 12:42pm On Oct 16, 2012
Col ike dubaku,a Nigerian?
I don dey fear o,.

2 Likes

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Abujafood: 12:42pm On Oct 16, 2012
International Celebs of Nigerian Descent;

1. D'banj (Born Dapo Oyebanjo)

2. 2Face (Innocent Idibia)

3. Upcoming Acts (Banky W, Wizkid, Naeto C, Davido, Tiwa Savage etc)

These ones too are internationally known and there are of Nigerian descent!

1 Like

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Nobody: 12:42pm On Oct 16, 2012
Dayo Okeniyi: The Hunger Games

Sophie Okonedo

Wale

Tinie Tempah

2 Likes

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Nobody: 12:43pm On Oct 16, 2012
Ashley Madekwe - Igbo father & Swiss mother. Plays Ashley in Revenge, ABC's television series.

1 Like

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by OmoAlata(f): 12:44pm On Oct 16, 2012
The singer Seal:

Seal Henry Olusegun Olumide Adeola Samuel was born on 19 February 1963 in Paddington, London, England. He is the son of Adebisi and Francis Samuel. His mother is Nigerian, while his father is Brazilian.
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Afam4eva(m): 12:44pm On Oct 16, 2012
Caroline Chikezie...

2 Likes

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Opoki(m): 12:45pm On Oct 16, 2012
Agbaje, Akinnuoye Adewale... Born and breed in Osogbo later brought up in US. He has featured in many award winning movies.

1 Like

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Tunjman(m): 12:45pm On Oct 16, 2012
Umar-Farouk-Mutallab

71 Likes

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Afam4eva(m): 12:45pm On Oct 16, 2012
solomon111: Col ike dubaku,a Nigerian?
I don dey fear o,.
He was born in Nigeria and he's appeared in some Nollywood movies alongside Genevieve and others. But i'm not sure if he's a Nigerian.
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by cheddarking(m): 12:46pm On Oct 16, 2012
How can you mention Nigerian-Born International Celebs without mentioning:

Tinie Tempah

Skepta

JME

Sneakbo

Seal

and of course...

Celine Dion(Celina Odion)grin

3 Likes

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by solomon111(m): 12:46pm On Oct 16, 2012
I think Enuka okuma is the lady named 'Marika' in 24 season 7.
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Afam4eva(m): 12:46pm On Oct 16, 2012
Opoki: Agbaje, Akinnuoye Adewale... Born and breed in Osogbo later brought up in US. He has featured in many award winning movies.
Adewale was born in London and not Osun state.
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by OmoAlata(f): 12:46pm On Oct 16, 2012
The singer Wale:

Wale, a Nigerian American, was born Olubowale Victor Akintimehin in Washington, D.C. on September 21, 1984. His parents are of the Yoruba ethnic group of southwestern Nigeria and came to the United States from Austria in 1979.

3 Likes

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Afam4eva(m): 12:47pm On Oct 16, 2012
solomon111: I think Enuka okuma is the lady named 'Marika' in 24 season 7.
She's the one that had a sister on the wheel chair.

1 Like

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by OmoAlata(f): 12:48pm On Oct 16, 2012
afam4eva:
He was born in Nigeria .............. But i'm not sure if he's a Nigerian.

Huh
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by solomon111(m): 12:48pm On Oct 16, 2012
Tunjman: Umar-Farouk-Mutallab
lol.
Why you con dey remind us about this foool na?
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Afam4eva(m): 12:49pm On Oct 16, 2012
Omo Alata:

Huh
Of course he's a Nigerian by birth but i'm not sure he's indigenous to Nigeria.
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by vichofu(m): 12:49pm On Oct 16, 2012
solomon111: Col ike dubaku,a Nigerian?
I don dey fear o,.
col Ike Dubaku of 24series is a Niaja guy oooo
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 16, 2012
cheddarking: How can you mention Nigerian-Born International Celebs without mentioning:

Tinie Tempah

Skepta

JME

Sneakbo

Seal

and of course...

hahahahaha, abi o...and Usain Chukwuemeka Bolt.

3 Likes

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by ayandee: 12:51pm On Oct 16, 2012
Sade Adu, grammy awards winner born to Nigerian father and British mother

5 Likes

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by vichofu(m): 12:52pm On Oct 16, 2012
cheddarking: How can you mention Nigerian-Born International Celebs without mentioning:

Tinie Tempah

Skepta

JME

Sneakbo

Seal

and of course...

Celina Odion is an Isoko chick 4rm Delta state, water don even pursue ha mother comot 4 house. She might be in country Next week to take her abroad grin

Tinie Tempah

Skepta

JME

Sneakbo

Seal

and of course...

Celina Odion is an Isoko chick 4rm Delta state, water don even pursue ha mother comot 4 house. She might be in country Next week to take her abroad

2 Likes

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 16, 2012
Sade was born in Ibadan, Ọyọ State, Nigeria. Her name, Folasade, means honor confers a crown.[1] Her parents, Bisi Adu, a Nigerian lecturer in economics of Yoruba background, and Anne Hayes, an English nurse, met in London and moved to west Africa. Later, when the marriage ran into difficulties, Anne returned to Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, England, taking four-year-old Sade and her older brother Banji to live with her parents. Living in Colchester, Essex, Sade read a good deal, developed an interest in fashion, acquired a taste for dancing and listened to soul artists like Curtis Mayfield, Donny Hathaway, and Marvin Gaye.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-FuIndZu8upA/TfqTca6BwhI/AAAAAAAAKW4/amfJdGpI8k8/s1600/SADE+32.JPG[/img]
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 16, 2012

Tinie Tempah

Skepta

JME

Sneakbo

Seal

and of course...

Celine Dion(Celina Odion) grin

grin grin
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 16, 2012
Opoki: Agbaje, Akinnuoye Adewale... Born and breed in Osogbo later brought up in US. He has featured in many award winning movies.

Agbaje was born, bred and buttered in London

1 Like

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by TeeSeven(m): 12:54pm On Oct 16, 2012
grin
Tunjman: Umar-Farouk-Mutallab
Haba! Oga TJ! Dem no talk 'international Embarrasments' nao

1 Like

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by solomon111(m): 12:55pm On Oct 16, 2012
afam4eva:
He was born in Nigeria and he's appeared in some Nollywood movies alongside Genevieve and others. But i'm not sure if he's a Nigerian.
This your statement na wa o.
Born in Nigeria,but not Nigerian?
Who is a Nigerian then?
Infact the law says he can run for presidency,unlike those Nigerian Americans/briticos/etc with voluntary citizenship in the west.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Flavour & Anna Banner Dedicate Their Daughter In Enugu (photo) / 'Brown Skin Girl' - Annie Idibia Glows In New Photo / Zazuh Zeh Crooner, Portable Angry As Insinstag Restricts His Account (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.