Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent (44321 Views)

5 International Celebs You Never Knew Were Nigerian / Let Have Some Fun - 'age That International Celebs Lost Virginity' / Famous African-americans Of Igbo Descent. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Cue(m): 1:20pm On Oct 16, 2012
LEMAR Obika.Born in Nigeria,Parents from Enugu.left Nigeria for d UK @ age 1.
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by creamie(f): 1:20pm On Oct 16, 2012
No one remembered, David Oyelowo.

Last King of Scotland, Red Tails, Rise of the Planet of Apes, The Help...etc

1 Like

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Tunjman(m): 1:20pm On Oct 16, 2012
Tee_Seven: grin
Haba! Oga TJ! Dem no talk 'international Embarrasments' nao

cELEB na cELEB oga mi...AFTERALL, the guy too dey limelight.
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by topsyking: 1:22pm On Oct 16, 2012
afam4eva:
Seal has both a Nigerian and Brazilian heritage, though he claims the Brazil side. I guess nobody wants to be identified with failure.
Ur name is official Afam4life..this ur mouth no go kill u...well SEAL is a disappointment to nigeria and black pple in general..he is a pure yoruba naija..is father ancestor where returnee slave pple from brazil dat settle on the island in the 50's...i wish he become poor soon..u can't believe this nigga refuse to come for her mother and grandma burial those that raised him..her elder sister stays in nigeria but they are not in talking terms..wat a waste to d black nation
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by DonaldGenes(m): 1:25pm On Oct 16, 2012
who knows where Nas is from?
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by eduson55(m): 1:25pm On Oct 16, 2012
He was born and brought up in USA by a nigerian parents.

7 Likes

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Shaw007(m): 1:25pm On Oct 16, 2012
Adewale Akinouye Agbaje should be giving a lead role in one of those blockbusters for once. He's a legend in his own right.
born 22 August 1967) is a British actor, and former fashion model (actually started his carreer as a model) best known for his roles as Mr. Eko on Lost , Simon Adebisi on Oz and Nykwana Wombosi in The Bourne Identity

has just been cast in Alan Taylor ‘s Marvel sequel 'Thor : The Dark World' . He’ll be playing a villainous dual role beginning as Algrim, a powerful Dark Elf who is manipulated by Malekith ( Christopher Eccleston ) to fight Thor ( Chris Hemsworth ).
he is not one that 4gets home so easily,he's quite fleunt In swahili,yoruba,etc

_His credits_

Best Laid Plans-Actor

Bullet To The Head-Actor

The Thing-Jameson(actor)

Killer Elite-Agent(actor)

Faster-Evangelist(actor)

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra-Heavy Duty(actor)

The Mistress of Spices-Kwesi

Preaching to the Choir Bull-Sharky

Get Rich or Die Tryin-Majestic

Nine Lives-Actor

The Bourne Identity-Nykwana Wombosi

The Mummy Returns-Lock Nah

Kat and Allison-Actor

Legionnaire-Actor

Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls-Hitu

Congo-Kahega

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 16, 2012
topsyking:
Ur name is official Afam4life..this ur mouth no go kill u...well SEAL is a disappointment to nigeria and black pple in general..he is a pure yoruba naija..is father ancestor where returnee slave pple from brazil dat settle on the island in the 50's...i wish he become poor soon..u can't believe this nigga refuse to come for her mother and grandma burial those that raised him..her elder sister stays in nigeria but they are not in talking terms..wat a waste to d black nation

Burial lohun lohun, when his mother became terribly ill in the mid 90s he refused to help or even acknowledge her. He apparently abandoned his family because his mother did not want him to return to the UK in his teens...........
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 16, 2012
naijababe:

Seal is a complete tw.at, he considers his Nigerian heritage an albatross.

I can't believe tw.at gets changed to arrow by NL filter. Oga o!!!
i dont think he is denying being a nigerian.i watched a story about him on E! where he said he is nigerian.but i wonder when his mum died yrs back he didnt come for the burial.
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by talk2hb1(m): 1:31pm On Oct 16, 2012
I hear say President Barack Obama is Mubarak Obioma ( A descent of Deltan Great Grand Father and a Muslim Father ) and and Rihana is Rihanatu grin grin grin
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by trent9002(m): 1:36pm On Oct 16, 2012
Rick Ross. Born and bred in Ajegunle
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by topsyking: 1:36pm On Oct 16, 2012
naijababe:

Burial lohun lohun, when his mother became terribly ill in the mid 90s he refused to help or even acknowledge her. He apparently abandoned his family because his mother did not want him to return to the UK in his teens...........
Omo ase be fun o wun na...his children will do that to him too...they try to protect him and he use that as an excuse..I think d guy is just a fool and he hate been nigeria..u won't believe.he can speak yoruba..can u give me the link where is mom was interview in the 90's as u said
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 16, 2012
berem: i dont think he is denying being a nigerian.i watched a story about him on E! where he said he is nigerian.but i wonder when his mum died yrs back he didnt come for the burial.

I didn't say he denies it but it appears like he wishes he isn't

1 Like

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 16, 2012
Hakeem abdul olajuwon. (Born January 21, 1963) is a retired Nigerian-American professional basketball player. From 1984 to 2002, he played the center position in the National Basketball Association (NBA) for the Houston Rockets and Toronto Raptors. He led the Rockets to back-to-back NBA championships in 1994 and 1995. In 2008, he was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame. Listed at 7 ft 0

2 Likes

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by buchibabe: 1:37pm On Oct 16, 2012
naijababe:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

See lie lie

I fear o. Dat poster certainly didn't do his homework well at alllll. Which uni did genevieve attend n when abeg?

1 Like

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Nobody: 1:39pm On Oct 16, 2012
topsyking:
Omo ase be fun o wun na...his children will do that to him too...they try to protect him and he use that as an excuse..I think d guy is just a fool and he hate been nigeria..u won't believe.he can speak yoruba..can u give me the link where is mom was interview in the 90's as u said

It was a newspaper interview in 1995, i'll see if i can find something online
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by elnino3(m): 1:40pm On Oct 16, 2012
How about victor oladukun of 700 club

2 Likes

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by trent9002(m): 1:42pm On Oct 16, 2012
Taio Cruz. BrAzilian mother, Nigerian father.
Lemar. British singer
Gabby Agbonlahor, British Footballer
Carlton Cole- Footballer
John Fashanu, Footballer
PHilip Emeagwali, Comp. Programmer
Nneka. Nigerian American Musician
Williams Sisters. Tennis
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 16, 2012
Oris Erhuero. (born 23 September 1968) is a British actor, producer, writer, and former fashion model. He is highly acclaimed for being the most photographed and publicized, international fashion runway and print model of his time era. After modeling for several years, he transitioned into television and film, with roles in The Adventures of Sinbad, The Bill, Highlander: Endgame, Black Mask 2, Sometimes in April, and Chicago Pulaski Jones.

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 16, 2012
Chris aire
Chamillionaire

1 Like

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 16, 2012
Rotimi Adebari (born 1964 in Okeodan, Ogun State) is a Nigerian-born Irish politician. He was elected as the first black mayor in Ireland.

He fled Nigeria in 2000, and made claim for asylum on the grounds of religious persecution, but his application was rejected due to insufficient evidence he had personally suffered persecution. He gained residency in Ireland under the Irish Born Child scheme (since repealed).

He and his family settled in County Laois. In 2004, he was elected as a city councillor in local elections. In June 2007 he was elected as mayor of Portlaoise Town Council (9 members), with support from Fine Gael (2 seats) and Sinn Féin (1 seat).

He completed his master's degree in intercultural studies at Dublin City University

[img]http://1.bp..com/_xHdqWGaSPFs/R0hwvRwltTI/AAAAAAAAAAM/WK7quLOFy8Q/s320/irishblackmayorweb.jpg[/img]

3 Likes

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Shaw007(m): 1:48pm On Oct 16, 2012
Patience ebele Jonathan. . .From a a very reliable source,i hear she's a descendant of shakespeare embarassed
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by PriceOfGarri(m): 1:48pm On Oct 16, 2012
CHAI!!! Col. Ike Dubaku is a Nigeria? for the first time am sheddin tears for this country.

Anyway, am gonna call him now to give me d schematics of White House because he was able to KEEP the US president hostage inside the white house grin grin grin
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 16, 2012
Shaw007: Patience ebele Jonathan. . .From a a very reliable source,i hear she's a descendant of shakespeare embarassed

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy man watch your tongue
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by topsyking: 1:52pm On Oct 16, 2012
naijababe:

It was a newspaper interview in 1995, i'll see if i can find something online
Thanks and abut saying now he is nigerian after deny to mention it for years..he only says my parent are west african immigrant..but I no no where he mention he is a nigeria on E!
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by monalicious(f): 1:52pm On Oct 16, 2012
solomon111: Col ike dubaku,a Nigerian?
I don dey fear o,.
He is a Nigerian
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Opoki(m): 1:52pm On Oct 16, 2012
karpentar:

How's that a JAMB question? What indeed have the Nigerian or the world celebs contributed to the betterment of Nigerian nationhood or the world at large other than:

Out-of-control fornicating, adultery, wild partying and sensual into the night. Murder is everywhere we turn, killing, killing and more killings.

They cut themselves in the name of demonic tattoos. Why would any normal person want to hurt themselves?

They are untamed and out of control, naked, and acting crazy. This is all we see in the news:

These celebrities always get high on drugs, in and out of rehab, in and out of sexual relationships, blaspheming the God of the Bible, wearing a cross around their neck like Anna Nicole Smith. She eventually died of a massive drug overdose just months after her own son overdosed and died of illegal drugs.

Television viewers are infatuated with death, insanity, smut, violence, gossip, lesbianism, cursing in God's name, feminism, and every form of wickedness.

My dear poster, don't you let Hollywood brainwash you into believing that it's ok to live as they do. It's not.

Whats ur point?
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 16, 2012
We also have

Oprah winfrey - Real name Winifred Opara
Eddie Murphy - Real name Edwin Mofunanya
Benjamin Nethanyahu - real name Benjamin Nathan Anyanwu
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by xammy(m): 1:55pm On Oct 16, 2012
Hakeem Seriki (born November 28, 1979)

better known by his stage name Chamillionaire, is a Nigerian born rapper, record producer, and entrepreneur. He is the CEO of Chamillitary Entertainment.

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Shaw007(m): 1:56pm On Oct 16, 2012
Opoki:

Whats ur point?
help me ask the carpenter O!!
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by trent9002(m): 1:57pm On Oct 16, 2012
Sade Baderinwa, TV news anchor
Marcia Kure, artist
Maria Louisa Bustill (1853-1904), Quaker
schoolteacher, mother of Paul Robeson
John Ogbu, anthropologist, "acting white" theorist
Soni Oyekan, chemical engineer
Ilesanmi Adesida, electrical engineer
John O. Agwunobi, pediatrician, public health
professional
William Drew Robeson I (1844-1918), slave,
freedman, minister, father of Paul Robeson
Adaora Udoji, Court TV host; CNN correspondent
Victor Ukpolo, chancellor of Southern University at
New Orleans
Michael Okwu, TV anchor
Lola Ogunnaike, TV anchor (CNN)
Winston Wole Soboyejo, mechanical engineer
Vop Osili, politician
Wale (rapper), musician
Ilacoin, Musician, Creator of The "Pause" Game
Chamillionaire, rapper
Tyler, The Creator, rapper
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by dartsidius7(m): 2:02pm On Oct 16, 2012
haaaaaa, tracy from rookie blue is a nigerian...... is she single or married? grin grin cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Twitter Suspends Nigerian Influencers’ Accounts / Dejumo Lewis Dies At 80 / The True Story: D'banj And P-sqaure Are Not Members Of Illuminati:(pix Inside)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.