Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent (44320 Views)

5 International Celebs You Never Knew Were Nigerian / Let Have Some Fun - 'age That International Celebs Lost Virginity' / Famous African-americans Of Igbo Descent. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by dartsidius7(m): 2:02pm On Oct 16, 2012
Tunjman: Umar-Farouk-Mutallab

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Coldfeet(f): 2:17pm On Oct 16, 2012
Tunjman: Umar-Farouk-Mutallab
LWTMA!!!! gringringringringringrin this one na real international Terrobrity of Naija decent hehehehegringringringrin

1 Like

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by AVISENNA: 2:18pm On Oct 16, 2012
Dude your research is quite not there cause you left out Hugo Weavings, who played agent Smith in Matrix trilogy and Elrond in Lord of the rings and voice of Megatron in Transformers. Funny enough , he is white but he was born in Ibadan ( University Teaching Hospital) Nigeria on April 4th 1960 so that makes him a Nigerian citizen abi,. if in doubt use the link beneath.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugo_Weaving

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by zeefever: 2:29pm On Oct 16, 2012
cheddarking: I've also heard Dr Dre(Dare) and Ne-yo(Niyi) are Egba boys... tongue

Ne-Yo is Nigerian & even has an Ibo middle name. Check. Wikipedia.
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 16, 2012
there is also former president obasanjo's son, who is lead musician with lighthouse.
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Beetwo(m): 2:34pm On Oct 16, 2012
forest windtalker who played idi amin of uganda in the last king of scotland told oprah on her show dat wen shootin d film, he felt connected wit his origin 4 d first time because his ancestors were from d east in nigeria.
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by safarigirl(f): 2:34pm On Oct 16, 2012
dartsidius7: haaaaaa, tracy from rookie blue is a nigerian...... is she single or married? grin grin cool
She recently got married to beau Joe Gasparin

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by dartsidius7(m): 2:47pm On Oct 16, 2012
safarigirl: She recently got married to beau Joe Gasparin

embarassed cry embarassed cry haaaaa, too late..... cry cry.
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by IlCapitano(m): 2:47pm On Oct 16, 2012
Opoki:

Whats ur point?
Was abt to ask the same question. I guess he's frustrated and high on bad weed.
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by safarigirl(f): 2:48pm On Oct 16, 2012
More.

Godfrey Danchima- Comedian and actor, you might know him from Soul Plane, he played Gaeman, the co-pilot,alongaside Kevin Hart and Snoop Dogg

Ade Jimoh- He's an NFL cornerback.

Kyle Okposo- He's an American ice-hockey right-wing player, born to a Nigerian father and Caucasian mother. Plays for the New York Islanders.

John Uzoma Amaechi- Retired NBA player. currently a psychologist

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by vichofu(m): 2:51pm On Oct 16, 2012
ddippset: What about the williams' sisters and nas? I thought they were nigerians tOo.
dnt knw of d Willams sisters, buh i am sure of Nas.....His ful name his NASIRU SULE 4rm ogun state......Heard He came 2 vote 4 Mimiko sef grin
ddippset: What about the williams' sisters and nas? I thought they were nigerians tOo.
dnt knw of d Willams sisters, buh i am sure of Nas.....His ful name his NASIRU SULE 4rm ondo state......Heard He came 2 vote 4 Mimiko sef grin
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by dagr8(m): 3:01pm On Oct 16, 2012
vichofu: dnt knw of d Willams sisters, buh i am sure of Nas.....His ful name his NASIRU SULE 4rm ogun state......Heard He came 2 vote 4 Mimiko sef grin dnt knw of d Willams sisters, buh i am sure of Nas.....His ful name his NASIRU SULE 4rm ogun state......Heard He came 2 vote 4 Mimiko sef
He came to vote 4 Mimiko nd he is frm ogun state, do u know wat u are saying?
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by remmyton(f): 3:02pm On Oct 16, 2012
this reminds of Nigerians who will never come back to Nigeria, not even to be the president of this country. They will never, i mean never touch their leg in Nigeria, talk more of living here after experiencing good live outside here IMO wink wink wink
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by 175(m): 3:21pm On Oct 16, 2012
Mr John Okafor aka Ibu. Lives in Malawi but of Nigerian parents. . .

1 Like

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by UNLEASHED(m): 3:25pm On Oct 16, 2012
Thought Ne-yo is Nigerian?
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by rman: 3:27pm On Oct 16, 2012
J J Okocha
Kanu Nwanko
Andre Iguodala
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Afolabs101: 3:27pm On Oct 16, 2012
Mike Tyson and Nelson Mandela also came to vote for Mimiko, check the voters list, their names are there!

Nas is Nasir Jones, his father Olu Dara is Nigerian.

dagr8:
He came to vote 4 Mimiko nd he is frm ogun state, do u know wat u are saying?
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Nobody: 3:28pm On Oct 16, 2012
Let me bless the thread with my doozies!!!

Nnamdi Asomugha - one of the highest paid corner backs in the NFL and arguably on of the best at his position(only Revis is better than him). And hell yeah he plays for my team, Philly Eagles - go birds!!!

1 Like

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by EHITZ(m): 3:28pm On Oct 16, 2012
Pls, where is lemar? I really miss his beautiful songs, such a great singer.
~vicky~:
Lemar Obika, professionally known simply as Lemar, is an English R&B recording artist and record producer. Obika has had a run of chart success in the UK, Europe and Australia.

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Yinkay: 3:28pm On Oct 16, 2012
Lanre Obiskenti
2,373 Plays / 4 fans / 0 plays today
Play Artist Radio
AFRICA: Nigeria - Lanre has been crazy about music since he was born. Lanre is a Nigerian by birth but calls the US home now. When he was younger he never dreamed of being a pop star, instead he looked up to his Dad,and wanted to be a Doctor or even one better President of Nigeria, or the United States. He always reworked nursery rhymes as a kid and eveything seem to just grow fro there. Educated and holding a PHD he sites influences from Sade, Marvin Gaye, the Temptations, Enya, Nirvana, RadioHead, Van Hunt, Ray Charles, Michael Jackson, Lionel Richie, Jill Scott, Erykah Badu, Stevie Wonder, The Beach Boys, The Beatles, Fela, Ebenezer Obey, King Sunny Ade, Bob Marley, The Pocket Dwellers, Talib Kweli, Biggie Smalls, Tupac Shakur, Dr.Dre, Beethoven, YoYo Ma,New Edition, The Game, Aerosmith, Smokey Robinson and so many others. Lanre is a Blue Pie artist and out now at all leading digital retailers on the planet. Search " lanre " You can find out more on Lanre by visiting the following websites. www.myspace.com/officiallanre
Afro Soul

http://www.mytruspot.com/officiallanre/radio.php

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 16, 2012
Anthony Oluwafemi Olaseni Joshua - he's just 23. He won a gold medal at the London 2012 olympics in the heavyweight boxing category.. And he went to boarding school in Nigeria for six month... Anthony sees himself as a full Nigerian and he's proud of his country..

1 Like

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 16, 2012

The Williams sisters are not Nigerians but their step sister Yetunde Price is a Nigerian, their mother married a Nigerian before their own father.
Nas has NO Nigerian blood. Nas's father Oludara Jones claims he adopted that name 'Oludara' because of his passion 4 African heritage.
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 16, 2012
Jeffrey Lynn Green - Basketball player for the Boston celtics. He has a Nigerian/Yoruba mother.

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 16, 2012
Osi Umenyiora - New York Giants DE. He was born in London but raised in Nigeria.. With two super bowl rings with the Giants.

1 Like

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 16, 2012
cheddarking:

You mean Niyi is also part-Igbo?
Wow thats interesting!

Google it...his name is Chimere confirm!
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 16, 2012
Busari "B.J." Raji, Jr - Nose Tacker for the Green Bay Packers and one of the best in the NFL... Not bad for the self-proclaimed "The Freezer."

[img]http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Cleveland+Browns+v+Green+Bay+Packers+_mTT4tOiJ99l.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by alleviate2002us(m): 3:43pm On Oct 16, 2012
Shaw007: wow. . .he was d lead In '2012'

#WORD#
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Feraz(m): 3:45pm On Oct 16, 2012
~vicky~:
Lemar Obika, professionally known simply as Lemar, is an English R&B recording artist and record producer. Obika has had a run of chart success in the UK, Europe and Australia.

funny I was listening to his music before I decided to log into NL and GBAM!!! a topic on them all.....love his songs especially time to grow and it's not easy
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 16, 2012
Prince Amukamara - Corner back with the New York Giants... He was drafted two years ago but he has established himself as a starter in his position...

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Nobody: 3:50pm On Oct 16, 2012
SAS Eurogang(Mayhem and Mega) - the London pioneer rapping duo. They were born in London but partly raised in New York and Italy... They have a Yoruba father and an Igbo mum - what's more Nigerian than that? grin

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Nobody: 3:53pm On Oct 16, 2012
Bigz Flygerian - London raised Nigerian rapper(he was born in Nigeria)... He started the flygerian movement and he's arguably one of the best pound for pound rappers in the UK...

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 16, 2012
GFresh - London raised UK rapper(he was born in Nigeria)... Gfresh is arguably the best punchline rapper in the UK and he's signed to Warner... The UCL graduate from South London is street savvy and highly educated..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Twitter Suspends Nigerian Influencers’ Accounts / Dejumo Lewis Dies At 80 / The True Story: D'banj And P-sqaure Are Not Members Of Illuminati:(pix Inside)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.