Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,616 members, 7,820,186 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent (44319 Views)

5 International Celebs You Never Knew Were Nigerian / Let Have Some Fun - 'age That International Celebs Lost Virginity' / Famous African-americans Of Igbo Descent. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by msteve: 1:16am On Oct 17, 2012
ok we also have Hugo Weaving, the bad guy in matrix(agent smith)and the star in v for vendetta. was born at the University Teaching Hospital in Ibadan, Nigeria, to English parents Anne (née Lennard), a tour guide and former teacher, and Wallace Weaving, a seismologist and also Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje aha also taye diggs and taiyo cruze

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Tinyemeka(m): 2:15am On Oct 17, 2012
Chiwetel Ejiofor, the CIA agent Peabody in the movie 'Salt'.

www.en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiwetel_Ejiofor
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Emmyk(m): 2:38am On Oct 17, 2012
Going through all the Posts here, didnt find this Guys names:
1. Chukwudi Iwuji born in Nigeria in 1975, popular for his name "Chuks" in EXAM.

2. Remi Adefarasin. OBE. A cinematographer. Won the Best cinematographer in Britain. He has so much works. Google him. The ones I know most is JOHNNY ENGLISH (mr. Bean movie) and LITTLE FOCKERS. He was the DIRECTOR OF PHOTOGRAPH FOR THESES TWO MOVIES. MANY MANY MORE.
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by philips70(m): 4:30am On Oct 17, 2012
Didi Love: Anthony "Tony" Victor Okungbowa (born December 6, 1967) is an English actor, film producer, and disc jockey. He is the resident DJ for The Ellen DeGeneres Show.

Okungbowa is of Nigerian descent and was raised in Nigeria and London. He has a degree in drama from Middlesex University in London. He relocated to the United States in 1992, when he came to do post-graduate work at the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute in New York City, later moving to Los Angeles in 1998.[2][4]

His acting roles include guest spots on The X-Files, NYPD Blue and Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.

Unlike most talk shows, The Ellen DeGeneres Show features a DJ to provide musical accompaniment, a role Okungbowa began in 2003 to end of season three of the show in 2006, where he left to further his acting career. He was replaced at the beginning of season four by Jon Abrahams. He returned in 2007 for occasional substitute appearances, and returned to DJ full time for the sixth season which began September 8, 2008. Okungbowa also DJ'd the 2004 Grammy Awards.

Your man

He was executive producer of and acted in the film Restless City which had its debut at the Sundance Film Festival in 2011.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Okungbowa

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by eduson55(m): 8:26am On Oct 17, 2012
She his born in New york cities to a yoruba father,igbo mother and hausa sister.
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by safarigirl(f): 10:24am On Oct 17, 2012
Adaora Udoji- Reprter, was co-host of Take Away with John Hockenberry

Amobi Okoye- Plays in the NFL as defensive tackle for the Chicago Bears

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by biggie123(m): 10:49am On Oct 17, 2012
ItsModella:
hahahahaha, abi o...and Usain Chukwuemeka Bolt.
lmao grin
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Ikamenze(m): 11:51am On Oct 17, 2012
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by EreluY(f): 4:49pm On Oct 17, 2012
[size=18pt]Oludotun Adebayo MBE[/size]

DOB: 25 August 1960) 'Dotun is a Nigerian-born, British radio presenter, writer and publisher. He is best known for his work on Up All Night on BBC Radio 5 Live, as well as the obituary programme Brief Lives. I must confess that listening to him all night, almost seven-day week, whilst completing my PhD kept me going. He is definitely a patriotic Nigerian. He is quite unlike the idi0tic Andy Akinwolere who at every opportunity sells Nigeria and Nigerians for less than half-a-penny.
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Nobody: 9:37pm On Oct 17, 2012
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Maximus85(m): 9:47pm On Oct 17, 2012
naijababe: Ashley Madekwe - Igbo father & Swiss mother. Plays Ashley in Revenge, ABC's television series.

The moment I saw Ashley in Revenge, I just knew it.
I love this thread.
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by babakura(m): 1:06am On Oct 18, 2012
Lawrence Adimora also featured in NCIS
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by suzannah: 10:34am On Oct 18, 2012
msteve: ok we also have Hugo Weaving, the bad guy in matrix(agent smith)and the star in v for vendetta. was born at the University Teaching Hospital in Ibadan, Nigeria, to English parents Anne (née Lennard), a tour guide and former teacher, and Wallace Weaving, a seismologist and also Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje aha also taye diggs and taiyo cruze
taye diggs z nt a nigerian
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by siobahn: 10:43am On Oct 18, 2012
IK Osakiduwa - Big Brother Host
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by safarigirl(f): 11:23am On Oct 18, 2012
pics for lawrence and ashley

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by EHITZ(m): 10:41pm On Oct 18, 2012
Why is no one calling Asa? Between, when I was asking about the whereabout of lemar on my BBM, a friend said his dad had disowned him, cos he refused to go study medcine abroad,instead opted for music, his dad is a professor of medcine, could this be true? Is this what has affected his career? I really need to hear more songs from him.
Never knew tony on ELlen was Nigerian, and Bini at that, am happy to hear that.he has done well for himself.
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by tpia5: 3:23pm On Aug 22, 2013
shymexx: SAS Eurogang(Mayhem and Mega) - the London pioneer rapping duo. They were born in London but partly raised in New York and Italy... They have a Yoruba father and an Igbo mum - what's more Nigerian than that? grin

big hiss on your head, shymexx.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Twitter Suspends Nigerian Influencers’ Accounts / Afeez Oyetoro Saka And Wife Celebrate 16th Wedding Anniversary / Dejumo Lewis Dies At 80

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.