Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,018 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 - Foreign Affairs (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 (22496 Views)

Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread / Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 / Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by Azcreativ(m): 6:33am On Oct 17, 2012
Romney and His quotes now get viral "Women in binders" such trouble with women just got started. sad
Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 17, 2012
Az-creativ:
Romney and His quotes now get viral "Women in binders" such trouble with women just got started. sad

His wife will definitely have something to say about that. Lol grin grin
Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by Nobody: 8:08am On Oct 17, 2012
Someone help us upload the video please.
Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by RealTreas(f): 8:09am On Oct 17, 2012
President Obama has won the debate.
Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by Limaoscar: 8:10am On Oct 17, 2012
I dunno, but I think the Libyan debacle will come back to haunt him...

And his friction with Netanyahu is also something to worry about, Israelis prefer Romney...

Romney has that Reagan swag as well..

America is moving away from that war-mongering mentality to a more civilised approach. Israel will be on their own with a Reagan-Styled Leader in this decade. Americans have lost too many people and besides Romney does not even a history of Military service in His family....so who he wan to send go die.

All Romney has done in His Electioneering Campaign till date is to attack and attack personalities Ruth-lessly without addressing the issues. Now all He does is to keep shifting positions like a con artist...we dey look.

1 Like

Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by Limaoscar: 8:13am On Oct 17, 2012
Are you listening to the debate? YOU seem to be making it about SKIN COLOUR. Many people just see Obama as the lesser of two evils and Romney as a liar and inconsistent politricker with no resolves. If Ron Paul was in the race I would quite likely have been supporting him, he makes a lot of sense. So YOU stop making it about skin colour, thinking by saying what you did, you sound progressive

Bull's eye!
Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by shaneroberts26: 8:16am On Oct 17, 2012
Mehn,c as Obama just fall dis guy hand.I njoyd d part wia he was stammerin lyk a train and nearly appeared stupid.It was a great lecture by d Prof.Go home and knack Michelle APAKO oh jareh cos u earned it.

3 Likes

Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by Limaoscar: 8:18am On Oct 17, 2012
Great points by Romney. Obama over promised in 08 and has under delivered !

No He did not , listen to His campaigns throughout while on the Road,He always ended his statements in such situations with..."but I know it's not gonna be easy but we will get there".

The economy was messed-up, with people living pseudo-American dream, borrowing and buying things they wanted and not what they needed. The guy has tried bringing the economy up and some of you here are talking like He created the mess.....abi na beans?
Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by candieangel12(f): 8:20am On Oct 17, 2012
Obama won this debate hands down! Romney is very disrespectful, always trying to talk over Obama and the moderator. Romney is a pathological liar, he doesn't care about us middle classers. What is the difference between Romney and Bush? Nothing! If Romney wins then our country will go back downhill the way it did when Bush ruled. Romney doesn't care about our foreign relationships, he doesn't care about the students, and he sure as hell doesn't care about women. Obama on the other hand has his flaws, but he gives us minorities hope for a better America. People that complain saying Obama hasn't done anything since his 4 year tenure need to shut up. Obama had many great plans but all those damn Replublican cabinet members wouldn't let him pass anything. Our political system is so darn skewed. Obama is the better candidate. And it's safe to say that Obama ate his akpu and egwusi soup this night before the debate lol, that's why he did better tonight than he did 2 weeks ago.

I been undecisive on who has my vote but this debate has confirmed that Obama is surely getting my vote in 3 weeks time. Voted for him 4yrs ago and now im voting for him again. #Team ObamaBiden

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEpCrcMF5Ps

1 Like

Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by Limaoscar: 8:22am On Oct 17, 2012
At this stage i think we can all agree that Romney himself is a Lie!!!!
grin grin
Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by semid4lyfe(m): 8:33am On Oct 17, 2012
Phew. . . .just finished from page 2 of this thread to the current page

Missed the debate but I'm happy with the comments I'm reading here.

Make I download the video first. . . . .. .
Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by Jackie26: 8:53am On Oct 17, 2012
Na wa o! Nairaland is so pro-Obama, not a place to get a fair analysis for someone that did not watch the debate.

1 Like

Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by hotwax: 9:00am On Oct 17, 2012
I guess nobody watch this debate, they just come here to make noise.
Nobody won, it was a clown show. They are both aggressive and I did not like it.
Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by semid4lyfe(m): 9:05am On Oct 17, 2012
Jackie_25: Na wa o! Nairaland is so pro-Obama, not a place to get a fair analysis for someone that did not watch the debate.

True but "majority" of the news media have called this debate for Obama.

Even the snap polls conducted amongst the debate watchers indicates Obama won this second debate.

Just check around. . . . .
Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by Jackie26: 9:07am On Oct 17, 2012
BTW a recent CNN Poll of Polls showed Romney leading Obama nationally at 48%-47% among registered voters... Hmmm looks like Obama might end up with the 47% Romney talked about.
Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by 5alive(m): 9:10am On Oct 17, 2012
Obama versus Mimiko: we shall see
Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by candieangel12(f): 9:16am On Oct 17, 2012
I was set on voting for Romney before mainly because of what I heard about Obama wanting to implant chips into us and other things but after following each debate carefully and doing my research, I have to say, Obama is the better candidate and thus will be getting my vote.
Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by Sagewood: 9:17am On Oct 17, 2012
Obama won the debate and the night. Romney is unraveling!
Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by CHAIRMAN1(m): 9:21am On Oct 17, 2012
Jackie_25: Na wa o! Nairaland is so pro-Obama, not a place to get a fair analysis for someone that did not watch the debate.
Hi, I thought same too because I was not watching but following the updates via nairaland... So I simply went to twitter and set trending location to US, then I saw that truely Obama was leading. The CNN poll was 46percent Obama,39 percent for Romney and 15 percent undecided.

Obama also led in CBS's polls. And from trending tweets of celebrities, Obama clearly won!
Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by Jaytee67(m): 9:33am On Oct 17, 2012
Sagewood: Obama won the debate and the night. Romney is unraveling!

Most important is winning the election and not just winning debates.
I wish the better candidate all the best in the election
Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by zangbah: 9:36am On Oct 17, 2012
who ever wins among them are the same liar
Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by OkwaIfugo(m): 9:41am On Oct 17, 2012
Obama won this.
That man is an orator. he is good and can defeat who ever it is in anyform of debate.

1 Like

Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by xcubed(m): 10:01am On Oct 17, 2012
candieangel12: Obama won this debate hands down! Romney is very disrespectful, always trying to talk over Obama and the moderator. Romney is a pathological liar, he doesn't

Most biased statement ever! Biden did worse during his debate why didn't you talk bout that? You see the problem is most of you will vote for obama based on feelings and emotions, Obama has been there for 4years if he has really tried and done all he 'promised' to do, then he should pave way for another person to lead, what does he need another 4years for?. Y'all just talk about Romeny and he's not yet the president you don't even know how efficient he will perform, and yet the Obama you have seen, led you and promised you Hope for 4years is still promising you that come on Really?!! Really?! Are you people not tired?!

1 Like

Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by hotwax: 10:42am On Oct 17, 2012
Sincerely speaking, these polls don count. Ask many Americans, they will tell you Romney held his ground. What I can see here is media war. 90% of American medias even CNN are bent toward Obama. You can see some media saying otherwise that it was a balanced debate.

No media will be able to manipulate election result. They can actually. Media is powerful. If Romney win many media house owner will commit suicide. Current election is Romney vs Media.
Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by tunapawizzy: 10:44am On Oct 17, 2012
hmmmmmm the black race supports OBAMA because of his colour yet we complain of RACISM
Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by Josh316(m): 10:58am On Oct 17, 2012
Jackie_25: BTW a recent CNN Poll of Polls showed Romney leading Obama nationally at 48%-47% among registered voters... Hmmm looks like Obama might end up with the 47% Romney talked about.
The new CNN polls as of this morning showed Obama with 49% and Romney with 37%.... grin
Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by elRoi: 11:04am On Oct 17, 2012
5alive: Obama versus Mimiko: we shall see
grin grin grin Moderator will be Teery G
Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by DonaldGenes(m): 11:16am On Oct 17, 2012
Last night debate was one I'll live to relish,obama really take the debate to Mr Mitt,just as I thought,he was absolutely clinical in his response making Mitt to be on the offensive,if you did notice after the debate,both candidate didn't hug as we expected,not surprised though 'cos Mitt romney was visibly enraged when he naively shot himself in the ass by bringing up the issue of 47% voters at the last minute and obama capitalised on his big gaffe by taking him to the cleaners.
Am happy for obama! I wish our own 2015 would be like this

1 Like

Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by candieangel12(f): 11:23am On Oct 17, 2012
xcubed:

Most biased statement ever! Biden did worse during his debate why didn't you talk bout that? You see the problem is most of you will vote for obama based on feelings and emotions, Obama has been there for 4years if he has really tried and done all he 'promised' to do, then he should pave way for another person to lead, what does he need another 4years for?. Y'all just talk about Romeny and he's not yet the president you don't even know how efficient he will perform, and yet the Obama you have seen, led you and promised you Hope for 4years is still promising you that come on Really?!! Really?! Are you people not tired?!

Look Mr. I wanted to vote for Romney because there were somethings that I just couldn't stand about Obama but after all these debates and research, it's clear to me that Obama is the better candidate, he might not be the "perfect" candidate but he is way better than Romney. Us, Americans, know what we suffered during the Bush regime and we know that if Romney is to win, then our economy will just suffer as it did during Bush's time. Our economy might not be too great right now, but Obama has done a good job in bringing it up considering how Bush left it. Romney is a pathological liar. He doesn't care about the middle class, he only cares about the top 5%ers. He doesn't care about the students and our fundings for higher education, and he definately doesn't care about our rights as women. If you watched the debate, you can see all these points I have pointed out. Now tell me what good is a president if he doesn't care about the majority of America? We voted Bush in and see where that landed us, now tell me what's the difference between Romney and Bush? You ask, what does Obama need another 4yrs for? Did you ask that when most of our past presidents served 2 terms? Or do you just dislike Obama? We talk about Romney because we live in the United States and we are the ones that will directly suffer from his lies. You don't live in the United States so Romney winning won't really affect you. We, Americans, know why we want Obama in office and not Romney....maybe that's something you won't understand until you live in this nation. Like I said, Obama is not the perfect candidate, but he is the better candidate (putting race aside).

Come November 6th, 2012 I will be in line ready to vote #Team ObamaBiden grin
Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by Nobody: 11:30am On Oct 17, 2012
davidylan:
mindless regurgitation of ignorant nonsense. No one ever lost by betting on the stupidity of certain members of the human race.

They don't run America, yet both the Senate and House always line up behind Israel's interests, no?

And how come both the Democrats and Republicans always vote along the same line when it comes to Israel, something they don't do when it comes to agreeing domestic policies?

I'm not a conspiracy theorist - but it's just too glaring...

Even the UK don't get the same treatment, for being America's "special friend."
Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by tyson55(m): 11:34am On Oct 17, 2012
Watch out ladies or you will end up in Mitt's binder.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

El Salvador To Build first-ever Cryptocurrency-fuelled 'bitcoin City' / Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim / ECOWAS Leadership Will Not Accept Illegitimate Authority In Niger - Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.