Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,928 members, 7,817,719 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress - Politics (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress (55824 Views)

Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch / Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment / Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (56) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:14am On Oct 23, 2012
PointB:

Lol, Rossik.

I dey laugh!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by coogar: 1:14am On Oct 23, 2012
icon aus: @coogar

Nwokem kedu ihe neme gi . ndi dika unu mere na ana akpari ndi igbo. respect onwegi . kwusi ihe a odighi mma

sharap there.....speak in the language i understand before i put you in a decomposing chemical - you laboratory rëtard!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by PointB: 1:16am On Oct 23, 2012
Chidoxyl:

Yeah, I see your argument in regards 2 my thot above. But me think dat since d process of choosing an Eze Ndigbo on NL has been dubbed an ELECTION, contestants/candidates 4 such elated post should be glad 2 attach their pix 4 all 2 see. (Just like we all saw d face of president GEJ & d oda contestants b4 voting them in, me I go like see d face of my would-be president, ooo)!

My thinking again is dat most (if not all) of d hate statements being spewed out by some folks here are not really genuine, & should not be over bloated. I think it's been done in a bid to add more fun & spark 2 dis beautiful Igbo family on NL. I know you'll agree with me dat we cannot all tink alike.

Anyway, perhaps in future that could be possible, but that day has not come. This process is still in it's infancy, this is the second election.

Meanwhile, who are you nominating for Eze Ndi Igbo and Eze Nwayi.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by ektbear: 1:16am On Oct 23, 2012
The hilarious thing about all of this to me is that there is basically zero reason to disqualify Okija Juju...he doesn't have much of a chance of winning anyway.

He seems to be popular among a subset of Igbos. But he has been very politically incorrect with respect to his views on Ojukwu, Imo and certain other Eastern states, etc.

Contrary to the insinuation of some, he is also not particularly popular among those from my side of the country, since he insults us in many of his posts.

Unless the other candidates are grossly incompetent, then they shouldn't have a difficult time defeating him..the only thing he has in his favor is being slightly more charismatic than some of the other candidates.

So, why does this clique fear Ojika Juju so much?

5 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by nduchucks: 1:19am On Oct 23, 2012
ndu_chucks 1:19am On Oct 23:

While I personally support Odumchi, I am compelled to point out that your action smacks of rigging and unnecessary power drunkenness. Your rigging is quite obvious and disgraceful - I boldly announce to the forum that Odumchi will become the next Eze whether people vote or not. If I am proved wrong in a few days then my name is not Ndu_Chucks and I will desist from calling you Olodo for the next 3 months.

I hereby congratulate Odumchi and Ogugua. Eze Onlytruth is off the hook, I will continue to call him olodo, unabatedly

2 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by PointB: 1:21am On Oct 23, 2012
ekt_bear: The hilarious thing about all of this to me is that there is basically zero reason to disqualify Okija Juju...he doesn't have much of a chance of winning anyway.

He seems to be popular among a subset of Igbos. But he has been very politically incorrect with respect to his views on Ojukwu, Imo and certain other Eastern states, etc.

Contrary to the insinuation of some, he is also not particularly popular among those from my side of the country, since he insults us in many of his posts.

Unless the other candidates are grossly incompetent, then they shouldn't have a difficult time defeating him..the only thing he has in his favor is being slightly more charismatic than some of the other candidates.

No one is afraid of Okija_juju. His disqualification is simply a formal way of letting him know that there are certain behavior expected of those who aspires to lead us. Whether he has a chance or not, does not come into the equation. Even if he had one vote, any one who contravenes the rule will be disqualified. It is purely symbolic, not tactical nor strategic.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Nobody: 1:24am On Oct 23, 2012
ekt_bear: The hilarious thing about all of this to me is that there is basically zero reason to disqualify Okija Juju...he doesn't have much of a chance of winning anyway.

I understand what you're saying, however, Okija_juju is more of a comedian than someone who deserves to be the e-leader of Ndigbos on this forum... Electing him as the Eze would rob off negatively on the essence of the esteemed position of Eze - and that's like Yoruba people making alh_harem their leader on NL...

However, he should be given a fair chance to contest and be voted for like every other Igbo son..
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by PointB: 1:26am On Oct 23, 2012
And by the way, 'clique' is just a figment of your imagination. The process is as tranparent as possible. Apart from Afam4eva, the other Tribunal Members had no clue they would be picked. They were randomly selected. Okija_juju and the rest of his gang are just paranoid.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Nobody: 1:26am On Oct 23, 2012
Imagine Okija_juju/mad_cow/cunnt_destroyer as the Eze of Igbos on NL - that would be jokes, I tell ya...

Bwahahahahaha
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Onlytruth(m): 1:27am On Oct 23, 2012
PointB:

No one is afraid of Okija_juju. His disqualification is simply a formal way of letting him know that there are certain behavior expected of those who aspires to lead us. Whether he has a chance or not, does not come into the equation. Even if he had one vote, any one who contravenes the rule will be disqualified. It is pure symbolic, not tactical nor strategic.

For a guy that often prides himself as intelligent, I marvel at how ekt_bear sometimes can't string together the simplest of logic.
I decided to allow him believe whatever he wanted. lol
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by realkendy(f): 1:28am On Oct 23, 2012
I THOUGHT ODUNNU IS A Yoruba AND WHY IS BLISS4LYFE NOT ON THE LIST?I LIKE THE BABE'S IGBONNESS.NDEWONU
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Onlytruth(m): 1:30am On Oct 23, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Eze Onlytruth, I tried to cover ya yansh by suggesting that you are returned as Eze unopposed but you declined. According to the rules of this election, you are on the ballot, Odumchi is on the ballot, and one more candidate will be added shortly.

You stated in you last post that the new Eze must not be a coward, yet you exhibit cowardice by endorsing your competitor instead of running your own campaign, in another blatant act of rigging. If you are not interested in running for the Eze post, why don't you just withdraw your candidacy and let other candidates compete for the post. What's the sense in you remaining on the ballot while endorsing Odumchi.

While I personally support Odumchi, I am compelled to point out that your action smacks of rigging and unnecessary power drunkenness. Your rigging is quite obvious and disgraceful - I boldly announce to the forum that Odumchi will become the next Eze whether people vote or not. If I am proved wrong in a few days then my name is not Ndu_Chucks and I will desist from calling you Olodo for the next 3 months.

grin grin grin My friend I know that you will REALLY miss me veery badly, but I have to move on. cool
I am happy that at least I groomed someone to take over from me.

So, get ready for your new king. cool

As for the bolded, we haven't got to that stage yet. Why are you jumping the gun? lol
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by PointB: 1:31am On Oct 23, 2012
Onlytruth:

For a guy that often prides himself as intelligent, I marvel at how ekt_bear sometimes can't string together the simplest of logic.
I decided to allow him believe whatever he wanted. lol

Beats me, that everything has to be spelt out, not only to him but also to a host of other who thoughtlessly bought the okija_juju's victimization hype.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Nobody: 1:31am On Oct 23, 2012
realkendy: I THOUGHT ODUNNU IS A Yoruba AND WHY IS BLISS4LYFE NOT ON THE LIST?I LIKE THE BABE'S IGBONNESS.NDEWONU

Bliss' luscious lips alone should earn her the title... Dem lips look too nice to be ignored, I tell ya..

However, she's in love with Bakassi right about now...
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by PointB: 1:32am On Oct 23, 2012
realkendy: I THOUGHT ODUNNU IS A Yoruba AND WHY IS BLISS4LYFE NOT ON THE LIST?I LIKE THE BABE'S IGBONNESS.NDEWONU

Because the list is based on nomination. We can only put her there if someone who is qualified nominates her.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Onlytruth(m): 1:32am On Oct 23, 2012

When we get to the stage of picking the leader of women, we shall have a process that will ensure that only ladies who don't apologize for being Igbo will get our node. cool
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Chidoxyl(m): 1:33am On Oct 23, 2012
PointB:

Anyway, perhaps in future that could be possible, but that day has not come. This process is still in it's infancy, this is the second election.

Meanwhile, who are you nominating for Eze Ndi Igbo and Eze Nwayi.

Your stance is fine by me!

And as par my nomination for Eze Ndi Igbo and Eze Nwayi, permit me to look on from d sideline cos I'm new 2 this whole process and development. I'm not conversant with d pedigree of most of d people here. By next election, I hopefully should be ready to declare my nominations.

Keep d flag flying.

Long Live the Igbo Race - The Israelites of Nigeria & Africa as a whole!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Onlytruth(m): 1:34am On Oct 23, 2012
PointB:

Beats me, that everything has to be spelt out, not only to him but also to a host of other who thoughtlessly bought the okija_juju's victimization hype.

Nna ike gwuru! undecided
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by PointB: 1:35am On Oct 23, 2012
Chidoxyl:

Your stance is fine by me!

And as par my nomination for Eze Ndi Igbo and Eze Nwayi, permit me to look on from d sideline cos I'm new 2 this whole process and development. I'm not conversant with d pedigree of most of d people here. By next election, I hopefully should be ready to declare my nominations.

Keep d flag flying.

Long Live the Igbo Race - The Israelites of Nigeria & Africa as a whole!

Thank you for your kind words.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by PointB: 1:36am On Oct 23, 2012
Onlytruth:

Nna ike gwuru! undecided

Nwanne, obu hu ihe ntakiri
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by pazienza(m): 1:37am On Oct 23, 2012

BLISS4LIFE is too busy with bakassi matters these days.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by PointB: 1:38am On Oct 23, 2012
pazienza:

BLISS4LIFE is too busy with bakassi matters these days.

I can imagine. My thoughts are with her, and the bakassi people. She has my goodwill any day!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by ektbear: 1:39am On Oct 23, 2012
PointB:

No one is afraid of Okija_juju. His disqualification is simply a formal way of letting him know that there are certain behavior expected of those who aspires to lead us. Whether he has a chance or not, does not come into the equation. Even if he had one vote, any one who contravenes the rule will be disqualified. It is purely symbolic, not tactical nor strategic.

The issue is, who is the one determining this behavior? It is certainly not the people who have chosen to DQ him beforehand, is it? No, it is you and your clique. Why not let the people decide what the qualifications for candidacy are or should be?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Ivynwa(f): 1:40am On Oct 23, 2012
The person I nominated does not want to be re-elected so I will nominate somebody else. I am looking for a candidate that does not partake in the tribal hatings, is level headed, appreciates his Igboness and at the same time is tolerant, liberal and can hold his shoulder good as a leader. I don't know these nominees 50% enough as to know who fits in to the qualities unless I go reading their posts which I can't afford to do now. Odumchi sounds level headed (is he really 16yrs old, too young if he is), can somebody suggest any poster that has the qualities I am looking for please?

As per the Lolo/Ezenwanyi post, the 2 ladies Ogugua and Ifyalways are my Babes and as we can only nominate one (or can we nominate two?). I am nominating Ifyalways even when I am closer to Ogugua. Ify is more mature and has been representing the Igbos good, Ogugua can still fit in to another responsible post in the Ndigbo NL-----Babes don't be mad at me kiss. If we can nominate two, I hereby nominate the two biko.

Charles.nerd:

Very good comment,the primary responsibility of an Eze should be to promote peace among his subjects ,guide and enlighten them to accomplish the Igbo agenda,if any.
I believe an Eze is too royal to engage in petty tribal fights,he should be an embodiment of class,cultural and historical knowledge,with a firm grasp of contemporary Nigerian politics.

I hope the incoming Eze would take a cue from your brilliant suggestion.

You said it, thanks very much.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by pazienza(m): 1:41am On Oct 23, 2012
Seriously,am disappointed in those igbos that allowed okija juju to play on their emotions here,thereby inviting other hawks to this election.

I am solidly behind eze onlytruth and pointB on okija juju matter.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Onlytruth(m): 1:42am On Oct 23, 2012
ekt_bear:

The issue is, who is the one determining this behavior? It is certainly not the people who have chosen to DQ him beforehand, is it? No, it is you and your clique. Why not let the people decide what the qualifications for candidacy are or should be?

I asked you a question earlier. You eluded it.

Would you allow Akin_egba to contest to lead Yoruba on this forum.
You know he speaks Yoruba better than you. lol
So, answer. I'm waiting.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by ektbear: 1:45am On Oct 23, 2012
Perhaps your eyes are not functioning properly these days...you should scroll up to shortly after your post and find the answer.

3 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Nobody: 1:48am On Oct 23, 2012
Hey, I just want to see intelligent debates with well researched scholarship when the e-ethnic-leaders go at it on this forum... Onlytruth never had it, however, I hope the next Eze would be able to bring sound intellectualism to the table.. Dede1 used to do his thing with his awkward style of writing but it seems he's more interested in cracking jokes with Dayonkanu and Blazay these days... And ACM10 retired from debates after ekt_bear gave him a beat down...

Let's get it!!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Onlytruth(m): 1:48am On Oct 23, 2012
ekt_bear: Akin_egba is an alias of your brother Nchara, an Igbo from Abia.

Who is Okija Juju a dummy account for?

A lot of Igbo believe that Okija_juju is no other than your brother, the good old Alj-harem.

They strongly believe it. Now, I'm sure they have reasons for that.

So, my question is still valid.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by PointB: 1:51am On Oct 23, 2012
ekt_bear:

Point is that, the process in still in infancy. It's not like everyone can easily volunteer to do this for a week or two non-stop. Paucity of personnel, time and other factors are of primary concern, as such there are bound to be some flaws. Besides, we already have an Eze and his cabinet, and they are responsible for formulation of policies. Let me ask, how many people did Fashola consult before churning out some of his policies, and is everyone happy?

And why do you (and others) think this is targeted at Okija_juju, how about Chino or perhaps Rossik and others like them? Point is, the Eze Ndi Igbo is the custodian of Igbo culture, etc in here. And this is the line he decide to toe. There is no way we can conduct an election on a faceless forum without making basic attempts to filter bad influence. And yes, not every one will agree to the rules, but majority are. And that good enough for us.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by pazienza(m): 1:51am On Oct 23, 2012
For the eze nwanyi,i am nominating police woman.

Chai! Ya bu nwanyi bu agbara nwanyi, you need to see her in action against enemies of ndiigbo. She keeps me smiling whenever i see her in action,and to think that she is an igbo woman from rivers state,gosh! That's just wonderful,her recent presence in nairaland is refreshing, she is our female version of Dede1.

So, she is my choice.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by PointB: 1:54am On Oct 23, 2012
^^^
noted

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (56) (Reply)

Poll: Buhari, Atiku, Donald Duke, Fayose, Who Would You Likely Vote For In 2019? / FFK Reacts As Oduduwa And IPOB Members Protest / Governor Aregbesola And Oyetola Celebrate On The Streets After Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.