Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,868 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress - Politics (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress (55900 Views)

Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch / Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment / Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (56) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by ChinenyeN(m): 3:07am On Oct 23, 2012
Compared to last year's process, this year leaves much to be desired. Granted, last year was saturated in novelty, making this years process to seem somewhat retired (with it's stalling, backtracking, issue-mongering etc.). Anyway, whomever is running the show here should prioritize by moving things along. A process isn't a process unless it proceeds.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by lastpage: 3:11am On Oct 23, 2012
dayokanu:

Abi oo. The same ojuku bastradd who couldnt win an election on his own street na him dem dey shout up and down

Sharrap there my friend! Mind yourself please.
Dont use that kind of foul language on Ikemba Ojukwu.
And that does not represent the position of Okija-Juju, even if you purport to support his candidacy!

Lastpage!

BTW: as an "independent observer" (though yet to be recognized since l am "Yorobo"! ...and not liked around here!), l have read the contributions of all and sundry.

People like PointB have stated why they feel Okija should not be allowed to contest.
Others like Coougar have also stated why they think he should contest.

In my own "observations", these are what l think
: (I am not even suggesting 'cos l dont really count in this)

*"Democracy" means "Let the people (a.k.a. VOTERS) decide! Not a few people ala Electoral Commission, otherwise, the whole purpose of "election by POPULAR VOTE", is defeated.

*Since Okija-Juju has committed so many "unforgivable Sins",

(a) How then does anyone think that he would win an election here? Or are we afraid that the position of the electoral committee does not represent that of the majority of the voters (who will decides who wins)?

Or
(b) are we saying the "VOTERS" are stewpid folks and cannot be trusted to make the "right decision" when it comes to making a choice?
Its either (a) or (b).

Common Sense dictates that he should be allowed to make "a fool" of himself, if actually, he is a fool.

*Again, if Democracy is all about "the people's choice", ... and quite a few people have spoken in favor of allowing Okija-Juju to be nominated; by refusing such voices, are you not saying that 'it is no longer democracy' (People's voice) as it should be? I "observe" that he was disqualified last year ....and asked to re-contest "next year"...; and the same "cycle" is being repeated again this year ....and being asked to wait till next year!

Finally, to have a truly credible election (unlike an Obachanjo-supervised election, mid-wived by our amiable Prof. Muri Iwuruwuru), you need to "accommodate dissent". Okija-juju is (like) dissent!

Bad dissent
=> He looses the election eventually.
Good dissent => he wins the election ultimately. (Either way, the voice of the people, will speak).

Is anybody afraid of the outcome of any of the two positions above?
if so, Go to the "ballot" and prove your point.

I speak from a point of "neutrality" on this particular election issue.
I begrudge no one nor admire any of the candidates. ....but l try to learn from other people, when l see them doing good things!

I have also noted that it was only Okija-juju that pointed out the fact that "the vote option" (which has worked on many voting exercise on NLand) is not "activated"! WHY IS THIS?

Why is the Election Committee silent on this?

I understand that we are in the 21st century and the only way to ensure fair-play and prevent rigging, is to "electronically" ensure that one man can only vote once!
Multiple i.d.'s will try to bastardize the electoral process but since their "i.p. address" will easily give them out, they can be easily identified! This is only possible using electronic voting!

Why is it so difficult to approach "SEUN" (l know he is an "Yoruba-Yoruba" but then, he is a good man at heart now, abi?) to activate that option, instead of saying we would use "manual system", which in my opinion, is a recipe for not just controversy and manipulation but can also render the exercise discredited!

Cheers and looking forward to an interesting election! kiss kiss

Lastpage!

6 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by PointB: 3:13am On Oct 23, 2012
ChinenyeN: You people are still discussing Okija? The guy is popular.

Ivynwa:

Okija Juju is a strong character with some great leadership qualities but some of his utterances makes one wonder whether he is really Igbo as some posts of his does not show a person that appreciates his Igboness if he is really Igbo and from Okija ndi Ogo m. grin I don't want to be part of his "for and against" side as I can't handle ill feelings this evening.

Indeed, and no one is taking that away from him. But as far as the election is concerned, he has contravened the rule. Frankly speaking, I doubt if Igbos will appreciate someone who goes about dissing other state (Imo especially) as inferior to Anambra. Point is that many people may not no this, but the people urging him on are same people who will pull up some of those thread to embarrass us when we least expected. That sad thing is that he doesn't denounce completely, he said he was just jesting. Demeaning other SE state in jest, is not particularly a character worthy of an Eze.

The decision to disqualify him might not be unpopular especially among Yoruba folks who are use the opportunity to feign fake sympathy, but in the end, even though the Eze is symbolic we must do it right, we must protect it from wrong, and divisive characters. No shaking!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by PointB: 3:19am On Oct 23, 2012
ChinenyeN: Compared to last year's process, this year leaves much to be desired. Granted, last year was saturated in novelty, making this years process to seem somewhat retired (with it's stalling, backtracking, issue-mongering etc.). Anyway, whomever is running the show here should prioritize by moving things along. A process isn't a process unless it proceeds.

The process is foot dragging because the nominees are not dilly-dallying in accepting their nomination. We have to wait for at least one more nominee to accept. Failing in which we will poll only two of them.

But we rather it is done well, than quickly.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by PointB: 3:21am On Oct 23, 2012
@Lastpage,

Thanks for your comment.

When we get to that bridge, be assured that we shall cross it.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Dede1(m): 3:54am On Oct 23, 2012
If only one person, among the nominees, accepted, I suggest we crown the nominee who accepted nomination for the Eze Ndigbo NL. My suggestion is informed by the latest attention this process has attracted lately. The nomination process was truly Igbo show and I shall remain peace if it is used as platform to crown Eze Ndigbo NL. There is no doubt further electioneering exercise will attract personae non gratae to the exercise.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by isalegan2: 4:02am On Oct 23, 2012
Totally missed this thread. shocked It feels like it was only recently the current Eze-NL was installed.

For this election, I nominate Afam4eva and Odumchi.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by dayokanu(m): 4:29am On Oct 23, 2012
Onlytruth: Okija_Juju, I'm looking at you with lowered lenses these days!
I like the new you.
If not for your contrarian (I would say irresponsible) attacks against the Great Ikemba Ndigbo, you would be just fine as nwa afo.
Anyway, I welcome this new you! In fact I love it!

So, keep tracking your steps back to your brothers. We are here to offer counsel, help and support should you need them.
)

https://www.nairaland.com/913343/eze-ndi-igbo-gburugburu-1/3#10589529

2 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Nobody: 4:33am On Oct 23, 2012
Na wa o.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by dayokanu(m): 4:46am On Oct 23, 2012
pazienza:

ekt bear can only give ACM10 a beat down in your Yoruba induced hallucination.

Everyone on here is still waiting for ACM to bring the famous encyclopedia from his grandmothers village library

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by lastpage: 5:02am On Oct 23, 2012
PointB: @Lastpage,

Thanks for your comment.

When we get to that bridge, be assured that we shall cross it.
Thank you PointB.
I make a request (about Observer Status, back then, a lot of pages behind), which l presume you read but decided to be "mute" about it!
I have made it very clear that l am "Yorobo" from the onset thus, l cannot be accused of "Trolling".

I appreciate what is going on and l think "the process" is really enlightening and thus educative.
I also "observed" your quote below:

PointB: The decision to disqualify him might not be unpopular especially among Yoruba folks who are use(ing) the opportunity to feign fake sympathy, but in the end, even though the Eze is symbolic we must do it right, we must protect it from wrong, and divisive characters. No shaking!

I want to assure you that we can differ on issues, ideas, opinions and all sort of things like "who should have done what" concerning the civil war, but in the end, l still see all of us as Nigerians first, then our "tribes", second!

I think a time will come when we can rise above "pettiness" in our dealings and not always look at each other with so much suspicion! By the way, l am also guilty of this, at times.

Like "Lady Ivy" has said, "Leadership" has to rise above tribal-mudslinging's" and l am surprised that you made such, one of your 'cardinal principles' for Eze Igbo NL qualification! What about "Leaders that build BRIDGES across ethnic lines"?

Dont you think such a leader (detribalized) would portend better for Ndigbo, than one that fuels tribalism?

In a wider perspective, l have pointed out in one of my previous post that "No one tribe can win a war (lets assume secession gets bloody, as in 1967) of secession without the support of "at least one other major tribe in Nigeria". Even if it does not and we go into "a vote", only one with "an ally or alliance" will carry the day since no one tribe is bigger or more than the other two!

Thus, this is the point where we need people that can "build bridges across ethnic divides" to lead us out of this contraption called Nigeria.

*Yorubas can NEVER win a secession bid out of Nigeria without the support of Igbos or Huasas
*Igbos have a better experience at what it means to have the support of another tribe anyways.
*Hausas might not be so eager right now but if something happens that gives them the edge or make staying-put impossible, they are stuck without the support of Yoruba or Igbo. SIMPLE!

A cursory look at the elections since 1999, will emphasize my postulations.
Just look at the "winners" on national level and tell me what you see.
Look at the "history" of Buhari as well, and you will see what l am saying.
Thus the critical nature of "bridge builders", as Leaders.

As per "Okija Juju", l do not hold any sympathy for him (you will agree he is quite a thorn in the flesh of "Yoruba folks" grin when it comes to tribal E-war!) but l am very much interested in "A Political process" which allows the Voters to directly decide their leader, without any form of "padding".

I think this is what other people (like Ekt Bear, Ndu Chuks, (Coogar), e.t.c) are saying as well.

They are not showing "fake sympathy" as you put it.

As it is, "outgoing Eze, OnlyTruth" has openly declared that he is not running again.... but still loiters on the Ballot box!
If odumchi is the only other candidate that has "accepted nomination, does it not makes it look like this is all "pre-planned in advance", since he would just get elected "by default"! ....especially when the only other person willing and ready to accept nomination (as at this moment) is getting "disqualified"!!

Others might just wrongly/rightly think this is just "a charade", that "Odumchi" is the selected candidate ab initio. (this is not to infer that Odumchi is not eminently qualified, going by what others have said about him)

But l am sure even "Odumchi" would have preferred to "flatten" Okija-juju at the "open polls" than to be elected by default!
There is so much confidence and joy in thrashing your opponent at a public vote; it gives energy to your administration, going forward because it "guarantees" that the majority are on your side!.

Well, its your election, its your people and its your show;

.... but this is being done on a "publicly available internet" and l feel it is a representation of "who we are, how we are and how we do it" to the outer and wider world!
I understand one should not take this things too serious, anyway. wink wink

I hail the process, l hail all the participants. kiss kiss

Cheers,

Lastpage!

3 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by ujchief(m): 6:18am On Oct 23, 2012
Getting ready for the election proper. Its going to be between Odumchi and Onlytruth (unless any other top nominee accepts his nomination b4 the time frame given elapses).
Umu afo igbo, saa nu anya unu na nmiri ka unu hoputa onye ga edu anyi. Maka na ncha adighi abanye na anya onye no na nmiri. Atuoro omara, omara, atuoro ofeke, ofenye isi n'ofia.
(interpretation: oops, sorry, igbo proverbs are neither interpreted literally, nor explained)

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Obiagu1(m): 6:26am On Oct 23, 2012
Okija_juju disqualified again! SMH.
@ Okija, I hope this does not follow you into your political life.

As for lolo, why should we vote? Eze should pick a lolo. Who would turn down Eze's overture?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Gboliwe: 6:28am On Oct 23, 2012
Odumchi appears to be well grounded in leadership skill and igbo culture. He should make a good Eze.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Osiris211: 6:29am On Oct 23, 2012
Maurice Iwu = PointB
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by ujchief(m): 6:33am On Oct 23, 2012
Osiris.211:
Maurice Iwu = PointB
quit whining! Get over it already.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Gboliwe: 6:35am On Oct 23, 2012
IMO, against Odumchi, Okija juju will lose only if true Igbos vote. But then, we know the power of multiple IDs.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Chiemekaorizu(m): 6:49am On Oct 23, 2012
When Is the actual voting going to start? I pray this election will be credible and transparent.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Nobody: 7:00am On Oct 23, 2012
lastpage:
Thank you PointB.
I make a request (about Observer Status, back then, a lot of pages behind), which l presume you read but decided to be "mute" about it!
I have made it very clear that l am "Yorobo" from the onset thus, l cannot be accused of "Trolling".

I appreciate what is going on and l think "the process" is really enlightening and thus educative.
I also "observed" your quote below:

I want to assure you that we can differ on issues, ideas, opinions and all sort of things like "who should have done what" concerning the civil war, but in the end, l still see all of us as Nigerians first, then our "tribes", second!

I think a time will come when we can rise above "pettiness" in our dealings and not always look at each other with so much suspicion! By the way, l am also guilty of this, at times.

Like "Lady Ivy" has said, "Leadership" has to rise above tribal-mudslinging's" and l am surprised that you made such, one of your 'cardinal principles' for Eze Igbo NL qualification! What about "Leaders that build BRIDGES across ethnic lines"?

Dont you think such a leader (detribalized) would portend better for Ndigbo, than one that fuels tribalism?

In a wider perspective, l have pointed out in one of my previous post that "No one tribe can win a war (lets assume secession gets bloody, as in 1967) of secession without the support of "at least one other major tribe in Nigeria". Even if it does not and we go into "a vote", only one with "an ally or alliance" will carry the day since no one tribe is bigger or more than the other two!

Thus, this is the point where we need people that can "build bridges across ethnic divides" to lead us out of this contraption called Nigeria.

*Yorubas can NEVER win a secession bid out of Nigeria without the support of Igbos or Huasas
*Igbos have a better experience at what it means to have the support of another tribe anyways.
*Hausas might not be so eager right now but if something happens that gives them the edge or make staying-put impossible, they are stuck without the support of Yoruba or Igbo. SIMPLE!

A cursory look at the elections since 1999, will emphasize my postulations.
Just look at the "winners" on national level and tell me what you see.
Look at the "history" of Buhari as well, and you will see what l am saying.
Thus the critical nature of "bridge builders", as Leaders.

As per "Okija Juju", l do not hold any sympathy for him (you will agree he is quite a thorn in the flesh of "Yoruba folks" grin when it comes to tribal E-war!) but l am very much interested in "A Political process" which allows the Voters to directly decide their leader, without any form of "padding".

I think this is what other people (like Ekt Bear, Ndu Chuks, (Coogar), e.t.c) are saying as well.

They are not showing "fake sympathy" as you put it.

As it is, "outgoing Eze, OnlyTruth" has openly declared that he is not running again.... but still loiters on the Ballot box!
If odumchi is the only other candidate that has "accepted nomination, does it not makes it look like this is all "pre-planned in advance", since he would just get elected "by default"! ....especially when the only other person willing and ready to accept nomination (as at this moment) is getting "disqualified"!!

Others might just wrongly/rightly think this is just "a charade", that "Odumchi" is the selected candidate ab initio. (this is not to infer that Odumchi is not eminently qualified, going by what others have said about him)

But l am sure even "Odumchi" would have preferred to "flatten" Okija-juju at the "open polls" than to be elected by default!
There is so much confidence and joy in thrashing your opponent at a public vote; it gives energy to your administration, going forward because it "guarantees" that the majority are on your side!.

Well, its your election, its your people and its your show;

.... but this is being done on a "publicly available internet" and l feel it is a representation of "who we are, how we are and how we do it" to the outer and wider world!
I understand one should not take this things too serious, anyway. wink wink

I hail the process, l hail all the participants. kiss kiss

Cheers,

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by ParisLove1: 7:17am On Oct 23, 2012
Is the nomination still on?

I nominate Okija_juju. Not really a regular on Politics section.

I think you guys should let him run if this is really democratic.

My 2cents
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by ifyalways(f): 7:41am On Oct 23, 2012
PointB, I reject my nomination as eze nwanyi or lolo.

Thank you.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by nosagold(m): 7:41am On Oct 23, 2012
Eeeemmmm *clears throat*.......

Ndi igbo mmammanu!

Cha cha cha cha igbo mmammanu!

Imo state mmammanu!

Anambra mmammanu!

Enugu state mmammanu

Abia mmammanu!

Ebonyi mmammanu!

Igbo nile kwezuonu!!!!!.....

Eeeemmmm.....obi juputaram nnoo n'obi anuri ugbua na ihe ana eme n'ebea ugbua, Wђɑ̤̥̈̊† U̶̲̥̅̊ guyz re doing here is quite educating Ť☺ βξ honest, I ve read bout 40 pages nw, I ve bin reading all ur comments since yesterday and I believe I ve learnt so much, nd I must say Ŧħåϯ nairaland site is †ђξ best site I ve ever visited.

PointB....U̶̲̥̅̊ re doing a great job my big bro, chukwu gozie gi ofuma nwanne, kama if U̶̲̥̅̊ ask ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥, I think okija's disqualification aint tight at all, I don't see him winning so y taking him off? Odumchi stands a better chance, so allow okija Ť☺ participate......I don't know okija too well buh watever he has done in †ђξ past, pls U̶̲̥̅̊ guys should forgive him

I nominate myself as nwa igwe(prince).....I'm 16yrz old
I promise Ť☺ βξ a very good prince.....I will nt wish my father(igwe) Ť☺ βξ dead juz Ť☺ βξ †ђξ nxt king
I want Ť☺ βξ crowned as prince......ka unu nebanu ya anya......udo diiri unu
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by oluomad(m): 7:47am On Oct 23, 2012
ogugua88: It's this kind of "I'm better than you attitude" that made me run away in the first place. If it isn't resolved soon, then I'll kindly step aside and move onto other things once again. Some people like to make 1 + 1 advanced Calculus.

eziokwu nnem... Biko dnt step down
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Okijajuju1(m): 7:57am On Oct 23, 2012
Gboliwe: IMO, against Odumchi, Okija juju will lose only if true Igbos vote. But then, we know the power of multiple IDs.

Sadly.. The issue of multiple I.D voting isnt perciliar to just one candidate... everyone can use that method to manipulate the outcome.. thats why votes by I.Ds under 2 weeks will not be accepted, and votes by known & proven Aliases (Not this rubbish of me being everyother person on Nairaland) wont be accepted either.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Demdem(m): 7:57am On Oct 23, 2012
This fraud is ongoing. Its typical of PointlessB.
I have seen more of rejection by nominees than acceptance. Who in his right frame of mind will want to be associated with a fraud.
Nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Okijajuju1(m): 7:59am On Oct 23, 2012
ifyalways: PointB, I reject my nomination as eze nwanyi or lolo.

Thank you.

This is indeed very sad..

Please nne, reconsider.. For the sake of a few ndi Igbos like myself.. So we could still have some sort of faith in atleast one person up there..

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by nosagold(m): 8:05am On Oct 23, 2012
Okija juju my vote is 4 sale o.....uche gi adiya? Ka anyi mee business o
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by ifyalways(f): 8:05am On Oct 23, 2012
I don't know what's going on in some peoples head but please, odumchi was NOT selected or handpicked by any "cabal" and that includes the incumbent eze.
odumchi's nomination was well earned as a result of his cool, matured stance and his deep knowledge of ala/ndi Igbo. He's not a noise maker and won't be found engaging in meaningless debates aimed at showing off(self adulation/vain glory), he's a bridge builder. A simple, down to earth young man who believes in "live and let live". He's got a lowly spirit too and does not see himself as "all knowing"(my way or no way) hence you see him seeking peoples opinion, asking questions. Odumchi is not a stranger to igbo culture and his knowledge of igbo land is not limited to one state or region.
A vote for odumchi is a vote for peace, unity and democracy.
Vote for Odumchi!!!

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by ikekings(m): 8:13am On Oct 23, 2012
Lol... Take a lookt at campaign... Anyways, I nominate “OKIJA JUJU”...
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Okijajuju1(m): 8:19am On Oct 23, 2012
nosa gold: Okija juju my vote is 4 sale o.....uche gi adiya? Ka anyi mee business o

NNA bia na my shade na Upper Iweka ka anyi pka business ofuma..
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by nosagold(m): 8:27am On Oct 23, 2012
Okija_juju:

NNA bia na my shade na Upper Iweka ka anyi pka business ofuma..

Nna nwanne anom na shadi gi na......kee ebe ino?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Nobody: 8:27am On Oct 23, 2012
Demdem: This fraud is ongoing. Its typical of PointlessB.
I have seen more of rejection by nominees than acceptance. Who in his right frame of mind will want to be associated with a fraud.
Nonsense.
bros why you talk that kind thing? why! why! dont people have the right to decline their nomination? which one come be fraud again? na wa for you o bros!

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (56) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Fat Police Woman Causes Stir In Lagos As She Sits On Passenger Laps / Ben Bruce Reacts To AMCON Closing Silverbird / Patrol Helicopter Touched Down In Ihiala On Election Monitoring

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.