Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:49 AM

Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress (55786 Views)

Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch / Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment / Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (56) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by PointB: 8:32pm On Oct 18, 2012
berem: how can some of them nominated accept when the thread has refused to be migrated to the front page? Not everyone visits the political section except topics are moved to the FP.I think its high time you guys did something about it.

Good point.

Most of the nominees so far are veterans of the politics section - they cut their teeth here. With few exception, here is their default playground when the visit nairaland. Nevertheless, I have asked (jsut) the Mod to push the thread to the FP. I believe they will oblige soon enough. Hope that addresses your concern.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by PointB: 8:40pm On Oct 18, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
As a wife of an Igbo man, I have validity and means to nominate any Igbo person I want regardless if someone likes it or not however if you guys are picky about which Igbo should be nominated then it should be specified so that further confusion can desist.

To me an Igbo is an Igbo is an Igbo.

My dear Mrs. Chima, as a matter of fact you have the right to nominate any 2 Igbo person. And I agree with you that an Igbo is an Igbo. But because by their fruit ye shall know them, we have set standard for Igbo with certain 'fruits.' Simply put, the rules are set to enable us identify 'fit and proper' person by general consensus of Igbo forumers on Nairaland to lead us. We want a figure that unifies not the one that creates disunity, or disaffection. We will scrutinize every character, especially the ones that generate controversy when nominated.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by PointB: 8:42pm On Oct 18, 2012
@Chosen,

Your nomination is noted, and will reflect in the next update. Thanks for participating.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Noiseless2: 8:48pm On Oct 18, 2012
Umu Igbo mmamanu! Well, i nominate our brother EJINE to come and contest for the leadership.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by abouzaid: 10:35pm On Oct 18, 2012
Ndị igbo ekene mụ unu, biko a na m eweputa mazi odumchi na mazi eziachi maka oche a. Udo chia.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by spyder880(m): 11:14pm On Oct 18, 2012
I nominate Afam4ever and Eziachi
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by LordNaya: 11:29pm On Oct 18, 2012
@ Odeni Igbo Aroli, Nri Priest, am not in anyway what you describe of me and watch what you write. I have defended the Anambra people through the various thread i have created, the last thread i created clearly dispel and nullify the claim by Kogi state concerning the oil well located in the Anambra basin with historical and legal facts. I single handedly chased away igala e-warriors and other ethnic begots with my facts and vindicated the position of the Omabala people, this made the controversial Chino to apologise and have a change of heart and we are in good terms till today. I have also contributed to promoting all part of Igboland check my previous posts. So think before you write. In the thread on the similarities btw Igbo and Ibibio you insulted the Ngwas of Abia by challenging their Igboness. Mind you am not an Ngwa man, and others i cant remember. As a Full Blooded Igbo guy i will confront you if u write something sacastic against your village, local govt or state becos i believe in the ONYE AHANNA NWANNE YA Principle that doesnt mean i hate you becos i can cooperate with you to resist attempt by an outsider to portray Ndi Igbo in bad light be it Anambra, Imo, Anioma or not. I appreciate the fact that you have resisted some attempts by ethnic and religious bigots to paint Ndi Igbo in bad light. Finally my dear brother, lets put the pasts where it belongs and always remember that IGWE BU IKE and keep in mind that ADIGHI AZU NWANNE N'AHIA when we post our reactions to various Igbo threads in order not to create discord. Lets not derail this thread pls. Point B keep the fire burning.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by LordNaya: 11:30pm On Oct 18, 2012
@ Odeni Igbo Aroli, Nri Priest, am not in anyway what you describe of me and watch what you write. I have defended the Anambra people through the various thread i have created, the last thread i created clearly dispel and nullify the claim by Kogi state concerning the oil well located in the Anambra basin with historical and legal facts. I single handedly chased away igala e-warriors and other ethnic begots with my facts and vindicated the position of the Omabala people, this made the controversial Chino to apologise and have a change of heart and we are in good terms till today. I have also contributed to promoting all part of Igboland check my previous posts. So think before you write. In the thread on the similarities btw Igbo and Ibibio you insulted the Ngwas of Abia by challenging their Igboness. Mind you am not an Ngwa man, and others i cant remember. As a Full Blooded Igbo guy i will confront you if u write something sacastic against your village, local govt or state becos i believe in the ONYE AHANNA NWANNE YA Principle that doesnt mean i hate you becos i can cooperate with you to resist attempt by an outsider to portray Ndi Igbo in bad light be it Anambra, Imo, Anioma or not. I appreciate the fact that you have resisted some attempts by ethnic and religious bigots to paint Ndi Igbo in bad light. Finally my dear brother, lets put the pasts where it belongs and always remember that IGWE BU IKE and keep in mind that ADIGHI AZU NWANNE N'AHIA when we post our reactions to various Igbo threads in order not to create discord. Lets not derail this thread pls. Point B keep the fire burning.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by PointB: 11:36pm On Oct 18, 2012
^^^^
Thank you my brother. I hope this put the matter to rest.

@Spyder880,
Afam is a member of the election tribunal, he is 'insulated' from nomination. Kindly pick a different person as your second nomination.

Other nominations are noted.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Onlytruth(m): 12:21am On Oct 19, 2012
PointB: ^^^^
Thank you my brother. I hope this put the matter to rest.

@Spyder880,
Afam is a member of the election tribunal, he is 'insulated' from nomination. Kindly pick a different person as your second nomination.

Other nominations are noted.

My brother PointB you have a way with words! grin cheesy cheesy
Point taken. cool
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:26am On Oct 19, 2012
Lord Naya: @ Odeni Igbo Aroli, Nri Priest, am not in anyway what you describe of me and watch what you write. I have defended the Anambra people through the various thread i have created, the last thread i created clearly dispel and nullify the claim by Kogi state concerning the oil well located in the Anambra basin with historical and legal facts. I single handedly chased away igala e-warriors and other ethnic begots with my facts and vindicated the position of the Omabala people, this made the controversial Chino to apologise and have a change of heart and we are in good terms till today. I have also contributed to promoting all part of Igboland check my previous posts. So think before you write. In the thread on the similarities btw Igbo and Ibibio you insulted the Ngwas of Abia by challenging their Igboness. Mind you am not an Ngwa man, and others i cant remember. As a Full Blooded Igbo guy i will confront you if u write something sacastic against your village, local govt or state becos i believe in the ONYE AHANNA NWANNE YA Principle that doesnt mean i hate you becos i can cooperate with you to resist attempt by an outsider to portray Ndi Igbo in bad light be it Anambra, Imo, Anioma or not. I appreciate the fact that you have resisted some attempts by ethnic and religious bigots to paint Ndi Igbo in bad light. Finally my dear brother, lets put the pasts where it belongs and always remember that IGWE BU IKE and keep in mind that ADIGHI AZU NWANNE N'AHIA when we post our reactions to various Igbo threads in order not to create discord. Lets not derail this thread pls. Point B keep the fire burning.

Nwanne,I'm sorry I called you names which doesn't depict who you are but I was really dissapointed by the way you painted my image and I took to it. I felt like I'm being smeared and that explains my outburst. I have always preached for a united Igbo nation and all our brothers who are familiar with my stance know that. About Chinenye; this is a boy who never sees any good in Igbo nation and will go at any lenght to bring discord and confusion amongst us and none of his Ngwa brothers here has ever cautioned nor rebuked him for that. This is the same guy that says the only thing that makes Ngwa Igbo is their involvement in the Biafran war! I feel guilty for the insult I threw at the Ngwas but somehow I felt they deserved it. Chino,quite alright has said some despicable things about other Igbo and I have on countless occasion disassociated my self from these opinions and also begged him to appologise. To say the least I was shocked when I read your post and even more frustrated that most ppl who knew me didn't correct you.I have nothing againt any Igbo but my words are my dignity! Once again,I appologise for my behavior and I also ask my fellow Igbo to forgive.

Deme nu!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by PointB: 12:28am On Oct 19, 2012
Onlytruth:

My brother PointB you have a way with words! grin cheesy cheesy
Point taken. cool

Lol.

That is when I am not being PointBlank grin grin
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Onlytruth(m): 1:12am On Oct 19, 2012
Umu Igbo, let me share some thoughts that have been on my mind for a few days since the beginning of this process.

I want to -as part of our (Igbo) cultural revolution - make an observation, and put forward a suggestion.

I want to observe that one of the biggest socio-political (and yes cultural!) problem we (Igbo) tend to have, which is really a by-product of our republicanism, is POOR FOLLOWERSHIP.
In my humble opinion, no one can make a leader (never even mind a great one) if the person is "mmuo na eti onwe ya" (a lone masquerade; someone not beholden to any group interests, feelings - a selfcentered person; a rebel!). Every great nation has a great leadership history, and a strong followership and succession culture.

From the very first day we (I and my council members) came into office, some of the currently nominated members (whose names I will not mention, but they know themselves) basically went underground and rejected or absconded from roles assigned to them. Some never even accorded us any recognition; though they never openly stated so, it was easy to decipher from their comments that they were rebelling to the leadership. Some accepted to be council members, but skipped town also immediately afterwards.

Umunne m, I would not be saying anything new if I say that leading Ndigbo is one of the most challenging tasks anyone can undertake. That is part of why I will personally continue to revere Ojukwu till I die. He did the impossible for almost three years and lived to tell the story. The job is a SELFLESS and PAYLESS job. It is SELF MOTIVATED and SELF PROPELLED. The current electoral commissioner is doing it from his personal energy, resources and time. He keeps many sleepless nights to serve umu Igbo, uncompensated, and even unsung.

The question is HOW MANY OF THE NOMINEES CAN DO THESE?

Umunne m, I do not want to dampen your spirits (particulary the genuine altruistic contestants who should take over from us). I am only cashing in on an opportunity (presented by this election) to ensure that runaway and rebelious folks don't come back to ascend the very same position the occupant of which they despised and poopooed. We should NEVER reward such people.

If you reject the Ezeship of your brother, why should we accept yours?

So, followership is even more important than leadership- in this case Eze(ship); and I will support and follow any new Eze installed, so help me God! cool

As I stated before, I really do not want to continue in office (on principle). I have been doing some serious thinking (and even meditation) on the possibility of continuing in office for another term. I discovered that I am thoroughly torn between sticking to my principles, and removing myself from a job that I know how well to do.
I would not easily forgive myself if I fail in either. Yes, my dilemna is that bad!
At the very least, I would prefer that a current member of the council should succeed me, but I don't want to over-reach my powers by endorsing anyone.
If I were to endorse anyone, I would ask our electoral commissioner [b]PointB [/b]to resign from his current duty and contest in my place.

I guess I'm putting the case in the court of umu Igbo.

Umunne m, jisie nu ike.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by PointB: 3:10am On Oct 19, 2012
Nominations update

Below is the updated nomination list. I shall be back later in the day to comment of Eze Onlytruth's submission.

Name Nominations
Odumchi - 9
Eziachi - 8
One_Naira - 4
Andre Uweh - 3
Dede1 - 3
ezeagu - 2
Agaba123 - 1
Elueme - 1 ?
Nchara - 1
Obiagu1 - 1
Sam Ikenna - 1
Bashr - 1
Chyz - 1
EzeUche - 1
Ejine - 1
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by MrsChima(f): 3:54am On Oct 19, 2012
I nominate myself to be the future eze's assistant!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by PointB: 3:57am On Oct 19, 2012
^- Nice one. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by spyder880(m): 4:50am On Oct 19, 2012
I must say I am enjoying the process, great thread my brothers and sisters, what do you all say to Eze Onlytruth's suggestion that PointB offer himself for election?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Odunnu: 4:55am On Oct 19, 2012
PointB should be free to be elected I dont buy that his 'electoral officer' excuse.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by lateef4me(m): 5:46am On Oct 19, 2012
Okija juju's name has mysteriously disappeared from the nomination list despite having like 2 or 3 nominations.
Is this a case of omission or 'ojoro'
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by ebere1712: 5:47am On Oct 19, 2012
I nominate DEDE1
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by dayokanu(m): 6:21am On Oct 19, 2012
Onlytruth: From the very first day we (I and my council members) came into office, some of the currently nominated members (whose names I will not mention, but they know themselves) basically went underground and rejected or absconded from roles assigned to them. Some never even accorded us any recognition; though they never openly stated so, it was easy to decipher from their comments that they were rebelling to the leadership. Some accepted to be council members, but skipped town also immediately afterwards.

Onlytruth, Why cant you just be a man and call out Andre Uweh instead of skirting around like a biatch that you are.

Everyone knows Andre Uweh is a coward he probably got it from his time studying in UI and unfit to lead Umuyibo

As useless as Onlytruth is he, as far as I know goes by only one username, Unlike Andre who goes by abadaba, Ngodigha, and lately started claiming he is Yoruba "Tomakint" what could be more disgusting? A contester for the topmost Igbo position on NL wishing inside that he was Yoruba.

You should all reject anyone who is ashamed of Igbo so much that he has multiple username and claims to be Yoruba

Ndyibo kwenu, Ko ni da fun Ojuku
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by tyson55(m): 6:23am On Oct 19, 2012
Igbo kwenu! Igbo kwezenu!!

I hereby nominate Odumchi Dede1
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by abouzaid: 6:35am On Oct 19, 2012
Umunne m, oge erugo mgbe a ga eweputa onye igbo ga abụ modelator na akuku politics, ife mụ ji ekwu ya bụ na ndị ofe mmanụ na almajiri na enye anyị nsogbu ebe a. Dayokanu,bittend,ndụ_chucks were dịrị gawa
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Odunnu: 6:40am On Oct 19, 2012
lateef4me: Okija juju's name has mysteriously disappeared from the nomination list despite having like 2 or 3 nominations.
Is this a case of omission or 'ojoro'
He isnt eligible. Dont you get it?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by ektbear: 7:16am On Oct 19, 2012
tyson55: Igbo kwenu! Igbo kwezenu!!

I hereby nominate Odumchi Dede1

Wait a sec...i thought you are from the western side of southern nigeria
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by ujchief(m): 7:17am On Oct 19, 2012
Odunnu: PointB should be free to be elected I dont buy that his 'electoral officer' excuse.
you are not alone in this school of thought. Eze Onlytruth has made this suggestion also. Speaking, not as a member of the electoral tribunal, but as ujchief, i'd say this is a sound idea. Our Eze has made a glaring observation and remark, we should accord him his due respect and oblige, PointB should resign as electoral officer and stand in for nomination.
Its obvious he took upon himself this duty for the interest of ndi igbo, and i also believe the same passion he has for interest of ndi igbo online community can make him a great Eze.
An electoral tribunal member can assume his current position, preferable afam4ever, and a female member apointed to complete us at the tribunal (ify or berem).
Lets make this important adjustment b4 this thread hits frontpage.
Click 'Like' if u suport this idea.

2 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by lateef4me(m): 7:44am On Oct 19, 2012
He isnt eligible. Dont you get it?

How is he not eligible for be nominated or voted for ? I get it,becos of his stance on ojukwu and biafra war abi

Ok ,I get it !
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Gboliwe: 8:37am On Oct 19, 2012
Sorry I am reporting a bit late.
PointB and Ezeuche are mine
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Gboliwe: 8:41am On Oct 19, 2012
ujchief:
you are not alone in this school of thought. Eze Onlytruth has made this suggestion also. Speaking, not as a member of the electoral tribunal, but as ujchief, i'd say this is a sound idea. Our Eze has made a glaring observation and remark, we should accord him his due respect and oblige, PointB should resign as electoral officer and stand in for nomination.
Its obvious he took upon himself this duty for the interest of ndi igbo, and i also believe the same passion he has for interest of ndi igbo online community can make him a great Eze.
An electoral tribunal member can assume his current position, preferable afam4ever, and a female member apointed to complete us at the tribunal (ify or berem).
Lets make this important adjustment b4 this thread hits frontpage.
Click 'Like' if u suport this idea.
For females, i'll nominate Ifyalways and Kobojunkie. I understand Odunnu isnt Igbo
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Afam4eva(m): 8:45am On Oct 19, 2012
Why's this thread not yet on the frontpage?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by spade: 8:48am On Oct 19, 2012
Ndi Igbo kwenu!
Kwenu!
Kwezuenu ooo!

I nominate Obiagu1 and Ejine.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (56) (Reply)

Samuel Achi: Pantami Was Imam When ATBU Muslims Killed My Son In A Mosque / Olujonwo, Obasanjo's Son Embracing His Father After Declaring Support For Buhari / Osinbajo Makes New Appointments (Full List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.