Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,513 members, 7,830,526 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress (55935 Views)

Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch / Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment / Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (56) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by dayokanu(m): 5:10pm On Oct 19, 2012
Demdem:

Is it a must that the Eze of NL must be a Ojukwu worshiper? That to me is sttupid if true such should have a mind of his own.

On this forum and anywhere, I have spoken against Awolowo whom many Yorubas rever, But that would never make me less Yoruba than the next person
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Okijajuju1(m): 5:15pm On Oct 19, 2012
PointB: Since we aim to build unity not to continue in the atmosphere of rife, I would like to ask Okija_juju to make peace with those who strongly oppose his candidacy and obtain endorsement from the incumbent Eze.

Nwanne..

With all due respect, Okija Juju is at peace with all Igbos. We may have had our differences in the past, but I took none to heart. I also dont see why I should get an endorsement from Eze Onlytruth either as that isnt stated in the election laws as one of the requirements for a nominated candidate to be qualified. Now should it be a matter of seeking his endorsement for my campaign to win, then thats a different kettle of fish.

Echefu kwa na'm bu Eze Mmuo Alusi Okija..
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Okijajuju1(m): 5:17pm On Oct 19, 2012
berem: I don't care if he is an ojukwu worshipper or not! But whoever causes division amongst ndi igbo must be ruled out! He is not fit to be an Eze.I have never seen on NL where Ogun state indigenes throw curses on Ondo indigenes.or Lagosians insult Ekiti people.But people like Okija juju are fond of passing their hatred especially to Imo state.we want an Eze who would not bring hatred among NL igbos or always speak in favour his own state.

OKIJA JUJU CAN NEVER BE AN EZE!!

EWOOOOOOOOOO!!!! shocked shocked

Onye na ekwu i fa?! shocked shocked shocked shocked

Berem!!!!!

Mba... It cant be.. Not her!! This is an impostor..
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by 9jaIhail(m): 5:20pm On Oct 19, 2012
PointB: I am also seriously considering the position of 'Lolo' in this election. I would like to see them rather as female Council members. Having seen the exploits of Dora, Ezekwesili, NOI, I believe that our women are more than capable of holding their own. Moreover, Igboland is a place where female empowerment is taken seriously, I believe our Nairaland should reflect this. I will therefore be willing to add two or more women to the list to give us this balance representation. The title they will go by, is however open for deliberation. But how to deploy them would be the responsibility of the incoming Eze.

So lets add a female each to our nomination while we deliberate on the appropriate title and responsibility to assign them. It will however cost us nothing to drop the idea if it is unworkable.

The issue of Lolo is something worth consideration and serious deliberation if possible by the Eze council members alone. If time is not on our side to allow the council member to deliberate on this issue and come out with final decision, i will suggest we the electoral Team look into it as we did in the case of re-electing Eze onlytruth.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Okijajuju1(m): 5:25pm On Oct 19, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

The issue of Lolo is something worth consideration and serious deliberation if possible by the Eze council members alone. If time is not on our side to allow the council member to deliberate on this issue and come out with final decision, i will suggest we the electoral Team look into it as we did in the case of re-electing Eze onlytruth.

How did you become a mediator in Igbo customary matters when you obviously dont know Omenani..

YOU CANT ELECT A LOLO!!!! Tufiakwa!!! angry Do you want to bring the wrath f the gods on us?!

An Eze Nwayi (maybe) but definitely not a 'Lolo'. The reason being that LOLO is not 'an office' anywhere in Igbo land.. Dont

2 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 19, 2012
PointB: I am also seriously considering the position of 'Lolo' in this election. I would like to see them rather as female Council members. Having seen the exploits of Dora, Ezekwesili, NOI, I believe that our women are more than capable of holding their own. Moreover, Igboland is a place where female empowerment is taken seriously, I believe our Nairaland should reflect this. I will therefore be willing to add two or more women to the list to give us this balance representation. The title they will go by, is however open for deliberation. But how to deploy them would be the responsibility of the incoming Eze.

So lets add a female each to our nomination while we deliberate on the appropriate title and responsibility to assign them. It will however cost us nothing to drop the idea if it is unworkable.

I've noticed how you keep personalizing the whole process here....I doubt if any free and fair process can be achieved when only one person determines how the process should run.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by PointB: 5:30pm On Oct 19, 2012
@9ja_I_hail,
I agree the Electoral Team should quickly look at it come up with a proposal. In the meantime we should expand the nomination to 3 per person, where the third nominee is female.

Like I said earlier, if the idea is unworkable we can discard it.

Please let's keep nomination coming.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Policewoman(f): 5:30pm On Oct 19, 2012
Hahahaa.... Okija na ayozi biko. Ndi be anyi ka anyi gbaghara ya. Plsss let him run. It's d votes dat will decide.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Librate(m): 5:31pm On Oct 19, 2012
I humbly nominate Malawian n Librate,
Igbo kainyi ga nu ife ekwe n'ekwu na ama
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by gbanikiti(m): 5:32pm On Oct 19, 2012
Okija_juju:

EWOOOOOOOOOO!!!! shocked shocked

Onye na ekwu i fa?! shocked shocked shocked shocked

Berem!!!!!

Mba... It cant be.. Not her!! This is an impostor..

but that's the plain truth! Atugha m asi? You were the first person that came to my mind about the Ezeship nominee but I have being following your comments and found out that you don't say anything good about Imo state.you,chino11 and Zubby77 are fond of causing wahala among ndi igbo.you might take it as a joke but its not funny at all! Someone who constantly makes ridicule of his fellow ndi igbos is not fit to be an Eze gburu gburu!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by 9jaIhail(m): 5:32pm On Oct 19, 2012
PointB: Let me say a few words about the guidelines with the hope that Igbos understand the thinking behind them. I am using my mobile phone, my responses will be limited.

Some of us have observed that the rule are meant to disqualify some people. I am afraid they are correct. Electoral rules in every nation or organisation aim to disqualify a lot of people while ensuring that the very qualified stands. On the contrary our rule seek to do the opposite.

it has been made clear that Igbo on Nairaland seeks unity - that is at the heart of Ezeship. This Ezeship will not pay for our browsing time. Nor will it offer paid employment, build schools and other infrastructure for Igbos on Nairaland. It is a symbolic position, which main objective to promote Igbo unity and values.

To this end, this Eze responsibility is to gradually align the minority opinions towards the majority, not the other way round. Let me give you a typical example, majority Igbo sees Achebe, Ojukwu as a heroes, the minority sees them differently. Should the minority who sees them differently be allowed to lord over the majority? Clearly, this is a recipe for discord and disunity. There is no way the majority will be drawn to such individual, and such Eze who goes about denigrating our heros, other Igbo groups and institution clearly represent himself and his skewed minority. The rule aims to stop such people from representing us. The best place to stop them is here, with the nomination and rules. We cannot allow the all and sundry on Nairaland to decide our fate.

PointB

If and when it becomes a popular Igbo way to denigrate or cause the denigration our heroes, other Igbo sub-group, and cultural institution, then people at the forefront of this will be promoted, at the expense of those who don't.

Thank you Honorable commissioner. I am seconding you on the statement of you stepping down and contest if the need be. Thank you for accepting the call to lead your people. One thing i will like to make clear right here is that it will be a shambolic and fruitless exercise if after the expiration of Eze Onlytruth tenure Ndigbo Nairaland mistakenly vote in someone who is unfit to climb the throne knowing how enemy surrounded us. Umu nne m cheta kwanu na ndi igbo kwuru si onye ndi enro gbala gburu gburu na eche ndu ya nche oge nine.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 19, 2012
berem: I don't care if he is an ojukwu worshipper or not! But whoever causes division amongst ndi igbo must be ruled out! He is not fit to be an Eze.I have never seen on NL where Ogun state indigenes throw curses on Ondo indigenes.or Lagosians insult Ekiti people.But people like Okija juju are fond of passing their hatred especially to Imo state.we want an Eze who would not bring hatred among NL igbos or always speak in favour his own state.

***drags berem to a corner***

Ezi nwanyi, kpakpando ututu.. Nwa-amaka... Ichoro akpa ego ole?

3 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Ournaija: 5:44pm On Oct 19, 2012
Abeg make una free Okija Juju to contest this election. He makes the whole exercise fun. His presence attracts observers from within and outside the land. I like his Nigerian way of contesting elections. grin grin

Let him contest atleast to give the minority (which he represent) a chance to participate.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by 9jaIhail(m): 5:46pm On Oct 19, 2012
Okija_juju:

How did you become a mediator in Igbo customary matters when you obviously dont know Omenani..

YOU CANT ELECT A LOLO!!!! Tufiakwa!!! angry Do you want to bring the wrath f the gods on us?!

An Eze Nwayi (maybe) but definitely not a 'Lolo'. The reason being that LOLO is not 'an office' anywhere in Igbo land.. Dont

I feel your point bro but don't address any mistake or error in aggressive manner. I will advice you to re-read the proposal made by Honorable commissioner pointB, if you as nwa afo igbo read it and comprehend it adequately you will find out that he made mention that as the nomination is going on the electoral team will deliberate on the title that will suit the lady perfectly, it is not as if we have arrived to the conclusion that we are electing LOLO. Lolo is a starting point and will be change as event unfolds.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by gbanikiti(m): 5:47pm On Oct 19, 2012
Imanuelle:

***drags berem to a corner***

Ezi nwanyi, kpakpando ututu.. Nwa-amaka... Ichoro akpa ego ole?
eji kwanu m ego gi eme gini? Nke a bukwa okwu ego. Ihe di m n'obi ka m kwuputara. Anyi achogi Eze ga ekebi umuigbo ka ha nwe nsogbu. Ama m na Okija Juju bu onye ma Omeenala nke ukwu mana, anyi choro onye ga achikota anyi onu.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by DerideGull(m): 5:54pm On Oct 19, 2012
Demdem:

Is it a must that the Eze of NL must be a Ojukwu worshiper? That to me is sttupid if true such should have a mind of his own.

No, Eze of NL must not be Ojukwu's worshoper. Howvever, I guess Mazi Okija_juju contravened the foremost cardinal rule in politics, thus, all politics are local. Ojukwu had been placed on my crosshair for a blunder commiited while handling certain aspect of civil war but never for standing against the aggressors who wanted easterners annihilated.

The scathing diatribes leveled against Ojukwu when few offspring of the aforementioned aggressors wanted the image of Ikemba tarnished did not sit well with most Biafrans. Ndigbo are not praise singers as evidenced during certain senatorial election in Nigeria where Ojukwu was soundly defeated by an out-of-town physician.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Charlesnerd: 5:54pm On Oct 19, 2012

Lolo calm down grin grin.Its not a crime to be independent minded.Okija is logically correct ,but unfortunately there is an overwhelming sentiment against him by his fellow brothers and members of the electoral committee who feel strongly on the need to protect Igbo culture and the legacy of the current Eze.Going forward,I think there is a need to be more open minded and accommodating of different opinions and mindset,we should allow the process evolve by open and transparent participation,instead of the closed system which is presently in place;that is how great democracies are built and the Igbos are known to be republican in nature,that is why you hear people say "onwe ka oga adi,ekpulu nkata n'isi gwa Eze na onu ya na esi isi" grin grin grin.

Personally,I feel Okija should be allowed to contest,if he is elected by majority vote,so be it ,instead of the electoral team foreclosing his chances and alienating his supporters,who may be in the minority or majority as the case may be,they are Igbos too,and their voice should be heard.I dont think you would like to see anyone create another thread and elect a parallel Eze,that would be more abominable than allowing Okija stand for elections.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by DerideGull(m): 6:00pm On Oct 19, 2012
ilugunboy:

I will decisively reply you all after the charade going on here....

Who gives a ratazz about what Olodoboy says pertaining to any topic possibly? Fact remains it takes the son of Ashawoo to recognize a woman he branded as Ashawoo, period.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 19, 2012
gbanikiti: eji kwanu m ego gi eme gini? Nke a bukwa okwu ego. Ihe di m n'obi ka m kwuputara. Anyi achogi Eze ga ekebi umuigbo ka ha nwe nsogbu. Ama m na Okija Juju bu onye ma Omeenala nke ukwu mana, anyi choro onye ga achikota anyi onu.

Account gi nke ozo ejiri 'berem' mara, odikwa nke oma?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Okijajuju1(m): 6:10pm On Oct 19, 2012
gbanikiti: but that's the plain truth! Atugha m asi? You were the first person that came to my mind about the Ezeship nominee but I have being following your comments and found out that you don't say anything good about Imo state.you,chino11 and Zubby77 are fond of causing wahala among ndi igbo.you might take it as a joke but its not funny at all! Someone who constantly makes ridicule of his fellow ndi igbos is not fit to be an Eze gburu gburu!

Nne mma, Biko gba aram, odo'm anya kita na iche na ma furo ndi Owerri na anya. I have alway loved all Igbos without malice or prejudice, Owerri and Imo state is no exception. The only beef I have is with Rochas Okorocha as a person and his policies that I find ridiculous and of no value to the people of Imo state in general.

If I gave off that impression, please forgive me.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by MrsChima(f): 6:12pm On Oct 19, 2012
Please come and sooth your throat with my good ethnic soup and cornbread. (looking at the men)
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Okijajuju1(m): 6:20pm On Oct 19, 2012
DerideGull:

No, Eze of NL must not be Ojukwu's worshoper. Howvever, I guess Mazi Okija_juju contravened the foremost cardinal rule in politics, thus, all politics are local. Ojukwu had been placed on my crosshair for a blunder commiited while handling certain aspect of civil war but never for standing against the aggressors who wanted easterners annihilated.

The scathing diatribes leveled against Ojukwu when few offspring of the aforementioned aggressors wanted the image of Ikemba tarnished did not sit well with most Biafrans. Ndigbo are not praise singers as evidenced during certain senatorial election in Nigeria where Ojukwu was soundly defeated by an out-of-town physician.

[b]Nna

On the subject of Ojukwu and Biafra, we all experienced and felt that war in different ways. My fiancées father and I had a discussion on the subject not too long ago and I was amazed how many Igbos were affected. I lost four uncles in that war, my grandparents told me tales from the war that could make any of us take a gun and go hunting for northerners. I realise today the errors I made from the last elections.. I made rather strong unpopular comments about Ojukwu and as if that wasn't bad enough, I made those comments at a time when many Igbos were mourning his passing. That was rather insensitive and and recognise that now, and that was what affected my campaign last year.

Anyways, I have made my peace with Ojukwu, Biafra and the civil war and vowed not to revisit the issue ever again.

My agenda for this years election was reconciliation and progress.. However, it's obvious that my campaign has failed even before take off..

I shall observe the pre-election proceedings and issue a formal statement in due time.[/b]
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 19, 2012
Imanuelle:

Account gi nke ozo ejiri 'berem' mara, odikwa nke oma?
sorry about that.was trying to change my password.seems some idiaaats were trying to hack my mail.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by ujchief(m): 6:25pm On Oct 19, 2012
No one has explicitly disqualified okija. If okija feels a section in the by-laws was purposely aimed at disqualifying him, he should direct his complains to we, the election tribunal. He should stop raising dust and seeking unnecesary sympathy from ndi igbo by playing the victim card.
This is an open system, the people's vote must count. If theres need for constitutional amendment, theres always a due process to follow.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Okijajuju1(m): 6:25pm On Oct 19, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

Thank you Honorable commissioner. I am seconding you on the statement of you stepping down and contest if the need be. Thank you for accepting the call to lead your people. One thing i will like to make clear right here is that it will be a shambolic and fruitless exercise if after the expiration of Eze Onlytruth tenure Ndigbo Nairaland mistakenly vote in someone who is unfit to climb the throne knowing how enemy surrounded us. Umu nne m cheta kwanu na ndi igbo kwuru si onye ndi enro gbala gburu gburu na eche ndu ya nche oge nine.

Obu mua ka I na kpo 'onye ilo' ?! shocked

How do you determine an 'onye ilo' and an 'ezigbo madu'!?

I must really have a lot of haters... Darn!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 19, 2012
Okija_juju:

Nne mma, Biko gba aram, odo'm anya kita na iche na ma furo ndi Owerri na anya. I have alway loved all Igbos without malice or prejudice, Owerri and Imo state is no exception. The only beef I have is with Rochas Okorocha as a person and his policies that I find ridiculous and of no value to the people of Imo state in general.

If I gave off that impression, please forgive me.
nsogbu adighi. I hope all imo indigenes will forgive you also.for me I have forgiven.I will be watching your utterances about imo state.if eventually you become an Eze and you yarn dust about Imo state,walahi talahi I shall stage a war for your dethronment!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 19, 2012
DerideGull:

Who gives a ratazz about what Olodoboy says pertaining to any topic possibly? Fact remains it takes the son of Ashawoo to recognize a woman he branded as Ashawoo, period.
Am seeing your userid for the 1st time on this forum ..obviously a moniker from one of these useless fo0ls

You are looking for attention..I will not make you trend.

Oya move on...ive heard you!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by MrsChima(f): 6:34pm On Oct 19, 2012
Wow. So to prove if someone is Igbo online..they must show fierce supporting motions regarding Igbo culture/tradition regardless if no one online can authenticate if such person is Igbo or not?

I am just asking questions because I see a lot of objections about who is Igbo and who isn't Igbo especially if the person is commenting that they are Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Okijajuju1(m): 6:37pm On Oct 19, 2012
ujchief: No one has explicitly disqualified okija. If okija feels a section in the by-laws was purposely aimed at disqualifying him, he should direct his complains to we, the election tribunal. He should stop raising dust and seeking unnecesary sympathy from ndi igbo by playing the victim card.
This is an open system, the people's vote must count. If theres need for constitutional amendment, theres always a due process to follow.

Mr. Electoral Tribunal Member sir..

With all due respect, I will like to draw your attention to Section B, Article 1 of the constitution upon which your honourable Commitee was formed;

Eze Ndi Igbo election constitution 2012:
EZE NDI IGBO ONLINE ELECTION 2012

THE ELECTION TRIBUNAL

SECTION B
1. The Election Tribunal may not change the rules governing the election

You do not have the power to change the rules governing this election. So I don't see the reason why I should even bother seeking redress from your tribunal on a matter that is above your jurisdiction and scope of work, that's why I took it straight to the two heightest officers in the process.. Eze Onlytruth (whose endorsement I apparently need to be qualified to run) and the Electoral chairman and constitution maker PointB.

Once again I apologise, but I am only acting according to the conditions I se on ground.

Thanks.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Okijajuju1(m): 6:40pm On Oct 19, 2012
berem: nsogbu adighi. I hope all imo indigenes will forgive you also.for me I have forgiven.I will be watching your utterances about imo state.if eventually you become an Eze and you yarn dust about Imo state,walahi talahi I shall stage a war for your dethronment!

I shall surely do my very best to live up to your expectations... Thanks
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Dede1(m): 6:47pm On Oct 19, 2012
From the ongoing, with respect to the nomination, I did not sense an idea the electoral committee handpicked or shortlisted the would-be nominees. I thought the nomination process is open and different from the main election. Based on this assumption, it is foolhardy to debate the issue of Mazi Okija_juju’s qualification for the Ezeship of NL.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by dayokanu(m): 7:12pm On Oct 19, 2012
Dede1: From the ongoing, with respect to the nomination, I did not sense an idea the electoral committee handpicked or shortlisted the would-be nominees. I thought the nomination process is open and different from the main election. Based on this assumption, it is foolhardy to debate the issue of Mazi Okija_juju’s qualification for the Ezeship of NL.

The usual tripe as expected. Once a Mor0n always a m0r0n.

abdulDENDE, Nna How market? (pronouced markate) Kedu ma ka ahia grin cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (56) (Reply)

Russian Trolls Meddling In 2020 US Elections Take Cover In Nigeria - CNN / #TrashChallenge: See What Youths In Ibadan Did At Agodi Gate - Photos / Davido Mocks APC At Presidential Rally In Port Harcourt Today (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.