Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,069 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress (55788 Views)

Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch / Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment / Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (56) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by nduchucks: 2:09pm On Oct 19, 2012
Policewoman: Oyigbo.

hmmmm, Ngozi, so you are from Oyigbo.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Charlesnerd: 2:20pm On Oct 19, 2012
PointB: First, let me comment on Eze OnlyTruth's submission about the attitude of some council members, and his subsequent call upon me to resign and pick up the Ezeship nomination gauntlet.

Indeed, there were one, two, or more council members who for various reason did not live up to their billing. Whether it is an act of dissent, genuine lack of time, loss of interest, or feeling of redundancy, I wouldn't know. But what I do know is that leadership is a great responsibility and it is always easier if you have people that you can rely on, in thick and thin - agreement or disagreement. People you can always count on to be there when you need them, even though they might not agree with you always. Exception can be made for those who complained of tight schedules, out of coverage - these ones clearly made impact in the council while they were around, and the fact that you hardly see their comments on Nairaland suggests too they may have a point in their excuses. But for those who went AWOL, I believe they can at least offer Umu Igbo explanation for their action. I won't dwell further on this for now.

Secondly, the call by Eze Onlytruth that I resign and contest for Ezeship is indeed borne out of genuine concern for continuity, and perhaps what is good for Umu Igbo. I quite understand the intent and purpose, and I also feel humbled by other glowing tributes the Eze made on my person. Even though I feel there are some element of hyperbole in it. I thank him nonetheless.

But I am afraid, my responsibility at this point in time in ensuring we bequeath a lasting electoral guideline, which weeds out charlatans and ensures that only fit and proper Igbos gets close to the Ezeship, is one I take seriously. I do not arrogate upon myself the only one fit to do justice to that role, but I believe I should see this process through at this stage. If however, we fail to get top nominees to accept their nominations. I shall extend the nomination period, and stand down from the position of Electoral Commissioner, and pick up the gauntlet. That is the very least I can promise. I am very hesitant of changing the rule in the middle of the game.

In anycase, anyone interested in taking up the electoral commissioner job in that circumstance, or next year should indicate his/her interest so that the Council can make a quick decision.

Generally, I believe only those who show passionate interest in anything Igbo should be considered in both the Electoral members position and the Ezeship. Half-heartedness will take us no where.

Here I stand!

PointB
Electoral Commissioner.

An honorable clarification.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by PointB: 2:38pm On Oct 19, 2012
Let me say a few words about the guidelines with the hope that Igbos understand the thinking behind them. I am using my mobile phone, my responses will be limited.

Some of us have observed that the rule are meant to disqualify some people. I am afraid they are correct. Electoral rules in every nation or organisation aim to disqualify a lot of people while ensuring that the very qualified stands. On the contrary our rule seek to do the opposite.

it has been made clear that Igbo on Nairaland seeks unity - that is at the heart of Ezeship. This Ezeship will not pay for our browsing time. Nor will it offer paid employment, build schools and other infrastructure for Igbos on Nairaland. It is a symbolic position, which main objective to promote Igbo unity and values.

To this end, this Eze responsibility is to gradually align the minority opinions towards the majority, not the other way round. Let me give you a typical example, majority Igbo sees Achebe, Ojukwu as a heroes, the minority sees them differently. Should the minority who sees them differently be allowed to lord over the majority? Clearly, this is a recipe for discord and disunity. There is no way the majority will be drawn to such individual, and such Eze who goes about denigrating our heros, other Igbo groups and institution clearly represent himself and his skewed minority. The rule aims to stop such people from representing us. The best place to stop them is here, with the nomination and rules. We cannot allow the all and sundry on Nairaland to decide our fate.

PointB

If and when it becomes a popular Igbo way to denigrate or cause the denigration our heroes, other Igbo sub-group, and cultural institution, then people at the forefront of this will be promoted, at the expense of those who don't.

2 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by PointB: 2:40pm On Oct 19, 2012
Let me say a few words about the guidelines with the hope that Igbos understand the thinking behind them. I am using my mobile phone, my responses will be limited.

Some of us have observed that the rule are meant to disqualify some people. I am afraid they are correct. Electoral rules in every nation or organisation aim to disqualify a lot of people while ensuring that the very qualified stands. On the contrary our rule seek to do the opposite.

it has been made clear that Igbo on Nairaland seeks unity - that is at the heart of Ezeship. This Ezeship will not pay for our browsing time. Nor will it offer paid employment, build schools and other infrastructure for Igbos on Nairaland. It is a symbolic position, which main objective to promote Igbo unity and values.

To this end, this Eze responsibility is to gradually align the minority opinions towards the majority, not the other way round. Let me give you a typical example, majority Igbo sees Achebe, Ojukwu as a heroes, the minority sees them differently. Should the minority who sees them differently be allowed to lord over the majority? Clearly, this is a recipe for discord and disunity. There is no way the majority will be drawn to such individual, and such Eze who goes about denigrating our heros, other Igbo groups and institution clearly represent himself and his skewed minority. The rule aims to stop such people from representing us. The best place to stop them is here, with the nomination and rules. We cannot allow the all and sundry on Nairaland to decide our fate.

PointB

If and when it becomes a popular Igbo way to denigrate or cause the denigration our heroes, other Igbo sub-group, and cultural institution, then people at the forefront of this will be promoted, at the expense of those who don't.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Ejine(m): 2:47pm On Oct 19, 2012
Double Post.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by PointB: 2:51pm On Oct 19, 2012
Since we aim to build unity not to continue in the atmosphere of rife, I would like to ask Okija_juju to make peace with those who strongly oppose his candidacy and obtain endorsement from the incumbent Eze.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Ejine(m): 2:55pm On Oct 19, 2012
PointB: Let me say a few words about the guidelines with the hope that Igbos understand the thinking behind them. I am using my mobile phone, my responses will be limited.

PointB

Gbam! Okwu ebigo!
Okija Juju, take heart smiley
You fit fight am for courts though grin wink
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 19, 2012
Una Noise too much sef....I beg give us some quiet time on N/L please!! tongue

Whoever nominates Dende1 (that retarded and senile old f0ol) is a mor0n.!

I want to nominate Tomakint (Fake Yoruba man) and Ikeyman00....(a big mor0n since 2007 I know him on NL)

Una no get shame..some people dey even nominate the King of Nairaland Asahwoo as Eze!!!

That Ashawoo Berem aka Gbanikiti too dey nominate? Wonder shall not end for N/L..!!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Chubhie: 3:19pm On Oct 19, 2012
Am banking on Pa Eziachi's experience and objectivity. Udo di.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by PointB: 3:52pm On Oct 19, 2012
I am also seriously considering the position of 'Lolo' in this election. I would like to see them rather as female Council members. Having seen the exploits of Dora, Ezekwesili, NOI, I believe that our women are more than capable of holding their own. Moreover, Igboland is a place where female empowerment is taken seriously, I believe our Nairaland should reflect this. I will therefore be willing to add two or more women to the list to give us this balance representation. The title they will go by, is however open for deliberation. But how to deploy them would be the responsibility of the incoming Eze.

So lets add a female each to our nomination while we deliberate on the appropriate title and responsibility to assign them. It will however cost us nothing to drop the idea if it is unworkable.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by ujchief(m): 3:53pm On Oct 19, 2012
Policewoman: I hereby nominate DEDE because he has been a bufallo soldier fighting for the Igbo cause. Hope i'm qualified cos i'm a Rivers state Igbo. Anyi kwesiri ihoputa onye ga na ewlite onodu ndigbo na ogbako a. Daalunu rinne.
theres no such thing as 'Rivers state igbo, or Delta igbo', theres just 'igbo', and an igbo is an igbo, plain and simple.
We all know why some igbo towns were carved into other states, its just political. Madam onye uwe ojii, i bu nwafor tozuru oke! U're one of us and ur nomination counts.

2 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Onlytruth(m): 4:06pm On Oct 19, 2012
Now, that PointB has given some serious thoughts to the issues I raised, I can now look forward to a more credible leadership for umu Igbo.

We need someone with:

-Broad knowledge
-Broad mind (to understand that we umu Igbo must unite ourselves and our region)
-Sound education (to be able to confront and defeat Igbo enemies with sound arguments and command of English language)
-Militancy (show example of never backing down from a confrontation, a king must lead in front of his army)
-Organized (someone who never allows his personal foibles to upturn the applecart of umu Igbo)
-Futuristic (someone not fixated with the past, though never forgets the past)
-Great communicator

PointB, Ahu dimkpa, ahu ogologo imi ya! cool
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Odunnu: 4:35pm On Oct 19, 2012
Ifyalways for 'Lolo'
Ifyalways for 'Lolo'
Ifyalways for 'Lolo'
Ifyalways for 'Lolo'
Ifyalways for 'Lolo'
Ifyalways for 'Lolo'
Ifyalways for 'Lolo'
Ifyalways for 'Lolo'
Ifyalways for 'Lolo'
Ifyalways for 'Lolo'

2 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Charlesnerd: 4:38pm On Oct 19, 2012
PointB: I am also seriously considering the position of 'Lolo' in this election. I would like to see them rather as female Council members. Having seen the exploits of Dora, Ezekwesili, NOI, I believe that our women are more than capable of holding their own. Moreover, Igboland is a place where female empowerment is taken seriously, I believe our Nairaland should reflect this. I will therefore be willing to add two or more women to the list to give us this balance representation. The title they will go by, is however open for deliberation. But how to deploy them would be the responsibility of the incoming Eze.

So lets add a female each to our nomination while we deliberate on the appropriate title and responsibility to assign them. It will however cost us nothing to drop the idea if it is unworkable.

Thank you for understanding that political education and emancipation is a critical component.You would be surprised at the turn out of ladies from the romance board who would be very much interested in participating in this election,either as candidates,nominators or spectators.

In no particular order,I would like to nominate the following,based on the interest they have shown in the political process.

A) Odunnu

B) ifyalways

C) Berem
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Nobody: 4:45pm On Oct 19, 2012
As for UGOEZE title, I have to go with Ogugua.I just love the way she represents ndi igbo especially our igbo food.I got salivating after she opened a thread on our various igbo delicacies.no igbo man who saw that thread would not salivate also.
I hereby nominate OGUGUA for LOLO.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 19, 2012
Angry!!
Last year, chief okija juju was disqualified for no just cause!
If chief okija_juju is not allowed to contest again this year, then ndigbo Nairaland will become ungovernable!

My nominations

Okija_juju na okija_juju
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by OdenigboAroli(m): 4:50pm On Oct 19, 2012
Odunnu: Ifyalways for 'Lolo'
Ifyalways for 'Lolo'
Ifyalways for 'Lolo'
Ifyalways for 'Lolo'
Ifyalways for 'Lolo'
Ifyalways for 'Lolo'
Ifyalways for 'Lolo'
Ifyalways for 'Lolo'
Ifyalways for 'Lolo'
Ifyalways for 'Lolo'

Please,this isn't a joke section!!!!!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Okijajuju1(m): 4:52pm On Oct 19, 2012
Ejiné:

Gbam! Okwu ebigo!
Okija Juju, take heart smiley
You fit fight am for courts though grin wink

[b]Nwanne, I am not flustered by the obvious manipulations of the rules to evict my person. A group were diversity of opinions is not welcomed is definitely one that I dont want to be a part of. If my becoming Eze Ndi Igbo is going to ride on my worshipping Odimegwu Ojukwu and singing the praises of Rochas Okorocha, then please let me remain a commoner. In a civilized society, a mans right to vote and be voted for does not ride on his acceptance of any one person as a 'Hero' or 'Villian'. We might as well add that a 'MUSLIM IGBO' is also disqualified as thats not one of the widely accepted religions in Igbo land. INFACT.. If you are non-catholic, you should also be disqualified and over 85% of Igbos are Catholics. If our differences are grounds to disqualify anyone, then what’s the point?! You all are Ezes then.. Just pick anybody you like. I bring a difference of opinion to the table. A divergent view from the norm and I am proud of it. If Obamma and Romney shared the same views, then there wouldnt be a need for the debate.. Diversity should be embraced not rejected. I'm sure that at some point in Igbo land, the people who opposed the Osu cast systemm were once the minority..

In the first Eze Ndi Igbo elections, I was not serious at all. I participated just for the fun of it. It was obvious from the start that I could never win, not with my posts about Ojukwu still fresh in the minds of people. After I was maliciously rigged out, someone said to me 'If I want to gather the support of Igbos, I should stop commenting on anything Biafra related and I took that advise. But its quite funny that I was even considered a threat enough for the election by-laws to the altered just to kick me out.. lol grin

Anyways, I don’t mind.. However, if we are going to do this, then it must be done right. PointB must have rules governing him and a tenure as well. His reign shouldnt be forever and his decisions shouldnt be absolute. An election tribunal must be set-up immediately after the polls are collated and all aggrieved parties can channel their complaints there and the Tribunal should have the powers to cancel an election and call for fresh ones where they believe that an election wasn’t free and fair, especially now that there is no more 'electronic poll' to count the votes.

Anyways what’s the point.. NOMINATION hasn’t even started, the bad blood towards Okija has started..

Election nka ga di egwu..[/b]

4 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Ejine(m): 4:54pm On Oct 19, 2012
Imanuelle: Angry!!
Last year, chief okija juju was disqualified for no just cause!
If chief okija_juju is not allowed to contest again this year, then ndigbo Nairaland will become ungovernable!

My nominations

Okija_juju na okija_juju

Okija Juju don already shiiit for church.
We shall rig him out. Just watch and see. He will never occupy that seat.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Okijajuju1(m): 4:56pm On Oct 19, 2012
Ejiné:

Nna ogini di?! ezu'm gi ori mbu?! angry
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Nobody: 4:58pm On Oct 19, 2012
Ejiné:

Before i agree to this,
1. U must show me the shit
2. U must taste it, to make sure its shit
3. We must give him an opportunity to come to the palace and defend himself!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Demdem(m): 4:58pm On Oct 19, 2012
Okija_juju:

If my becoming Eze Ndi Igbo is going to ride on my worshipping Odimegwu Ojukwu and singing the praises of Rochas Okorocha, then please let me remain a commoner. In a civilized society, a mans right to vote and be voted for does not ride on his acceptance of any one person as a 'Hero' or 'Villian'. We might as well add that a 'MUSLIM IGBO' is also disqualified as thats not one of the widely accepted religions in Igbo land. INFACT..

Is it a must that the Eze of NL must be a Ojukwu worshiper? That to me is sttupid if true such should have a mind of his own.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 19, 2012
berem: As for UGOEZE title, I have to go with Ogugua.I just love the way she represents ndi igbo especially our igbo food.I got salivating after she opened a thread on our various igbo delicacies.no igbo man who saw that thread would not salivate also.
I hereby nominate OGUGUA for LOLO.

Even tho u are unpatriotic and have refused to pay your nepa bills,
I still nominate u 'berem' for LOLO grin
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Ejine(m): 5:04pm On Oct 19, 2012
Okija_juju:

Nna ogini di?! ezu'm gi ori mbu?! angry

I meela onu ka i maro ife i melu? Nsogbu adiro. Mgbe oge ruru, i ga elota ife i melu.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 19, 2012
Demdem:

Is it a must that the Eze of NL must be a Ojukwu worshiper? That to me is sttupid if true such should have a mind of his own.

Yes º°˚ !
We must rise against chief maurice PointB iwu.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Okijajuju1(m): 5:07pm On Oct 19, 2012
Ejiné:

I meela onu ka i maro ife i melu? Nsogbu adiro. Mgbe oge ruru i ga elota ife i melu.

Nna biko iwe gi adina oku.. Ima na ibu one of my campaign financiers. Ife obuna mme gi, biko, ejim chukwu ayo gi.. Gba' aram. Biko,
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 19, 2012
Demdem:

I don't care if he is an ojukwu worshipper or not! But whoever causes division amongst ndi igbo must be ruled out! He is not fit to be an Eze.I have never seen on NL where Ogun state indigenes throw curses on Ondo indigenes.or Lagosians insult Ekiti people.But people like Okija juju are fond of passing their hatred especially to Imo state.we want an Eze who would not bring hatred among NL igbos or always speak in favour his own state.

OKIJA JUJU CAN NEVER BE AN EZE!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (56) (Reply)

Olujonwo, Obasanjo's Son Embracing His Father After Declaring Support For Buhari / Osinbajo Makes New Appointments (Full List) / Governor Aregbesola And Oyetola Celebrate On The Streets After Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.