Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,024 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users - Phones (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users (44729 Views)

Android 6.0 Marshmallow Allows In-app Text Translate For Users / Browse On Your Blackberry Phone. Without Bis / Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by Nobody: 12:01am On Nov 29, 2012
Nokia seeks Blackberry sales bans . link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20523377
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by ochukoccna: 1:56pm On Nov 29, 2012
Is Nokia not trying to do an Apple vs Samsung on BB now that BB10 is almost here?
The timing of this is very suspect.
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by GeorgeD1(m): 4:18pm On Nov 29, 2012
here we go again!
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by 3kay945(m): 5:03pm On Nov 29, 2012
naturalwaves: Until we have an effective wireless system in Nigeria where one can easily connect to, BLACKBERRY and not phones that drink credits like water will still maintain the No 1 spot in Nigeria.
I hope you 're not referring to android? cos If you do then you're a novice!
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by bush4ker(m): 10:19pm On Nov 29, 2012
still useless
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by GeorgeD1(m): 6:06pm On Dec 20, 2012
they pushing more bbs to this part of the world nowadays seeing as this is the few remaining countries
where the bb craze is yet to hit a decline. lipsrsealed
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by azpekuliar: 9:29pm On Dec 20, 2012
naturalwaves:

Yeah, Multi tasking is a very good thing in technology and that was why the Microsoft OS sold a lot when it was first introduced.Playing games on mobile phones is not much of a bad idea provided they are soft ones like Chess, River test etc but the way my friends mention and describe the type of HD games they play,it looks so serious like something that will be similar to handling a proper console.That was Y I said that.Nice argument U got there though.

Hahahaha...You completely lost that argument! Ciphoenix killed you right there man!

Lmao...@ mobile HD gaming being childish. Dumbest shitt I ever heard.
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by GeorgeD1(m): 11:29am On Dec 21, 2012
lets keep arguing while rim keeps dumping more outdated piece of crap on our market.

i'm sure they'll be the one that laugh last. lipsrsealed
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by highlandre(m): 2:09pm On Dec 21, 2012
[quote author=Sam Milla]Dear RIM the BB maker, dont worry. There is a certain Country in West Africa called Nigeria where you can still sell your Blackberry.
The reasons why you are going to make a lot of cash in that COUNTRY are :
1 - Over 80 percent of the girls between 15 and 30 years in that Country love Blackberry even though they dont know up to half of its functions.

2 - The same girls mentioned above dont buy the BB with their money. The money usually comes from a male partner or friend. The punishment for not buying it for them is that you will not get s3x. That is the prize of their unclothedness.

3 - The same girls are semi illiterates who went to Unis and polys to waste a few years because their major objective in life is to boast to other girls that my University is better than yours. And not what they achieved during those wasted years. They dont know the meaning of android.

Dear RIM, all you need to do is simple. There is a certain man called Seun Osewa that runs a popular discussion forum. Contact him, give him some money, ask him to make a topic about how BB is better than iPhone and Android phones. Then tell him to lock the post so that people who know the truth can't post on the topic.

I like your post

Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by bush4ker(m): 11:59pm On Jan 11, 2013
omoh eh if u see how I take hate day Bb of a thing.kai even my gf tell me make I dey use am ping her but I no gree .I prefer galaxy pocket to blackberry porch. I swear
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by SamMilla1(m): 8:18am On Jan 13, 2013
This latest blackberry is cool though
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by GeorgeD1(m): 1:56pm On Jan 14, 2013
aye, i guess! wink
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by mabebe1(f): 10:08pm On Jan 14, 2013
we dnt do tins because the US said so, if u like it den buy..US n 9ja nr b mate o, was dat nt wat dey used in 24series lipsrsealed
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by eagleeye007: 9:40pm On Jan 31, 2013
rim is in trouble. but come to think of it, they're not as bad as pple say na
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by eagleeye007: 9:42pm On Jan 31, 2013
its not as bad as pple say na.. haba
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by GeorgeD1(m): 11:33am On Feb 01, 2013
yeah, with the recent launch of bb10 looks like it will no more be all that 'shameful' for anyone to
carry a bb handset around anymore! wink grin
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by bukky1: 5:35am On Jun 08, 2013
try a tecno phantom (f7) or a Gionee Dream (d1) n u will b singing a new song. Android has come to take over and stay!!!!!!!!! i know the ISPs are working reak hard about the internet subscriptions. BBs are nt really worth it nowadays due to high price. havent u noticed the BB torch 3 n Z10 which they made with a feel of the andriod? thats to tell u that they are now trying to catch up with the trend.
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by bigiyaro(m): 9:04am On Jun 08, 2013
Naija guys, Rejoice bb will soon become as cheap as nokia torch lite.
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by naturalwaves: 11:28am On Jun 09, 2013
azpekuliar:

Hahahaha...You completely lost that argument! Ciphoenix killed you right there man!

Lmao...@ mobile HD gaming being childish. Dumbest shitt I ever heard.

....And what's bad in losing a debate even if u think I did?
Yeah, playing serious HD games like a proper console on a mobile device is childish...I still maintain my stance on this.
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by ddjay: 7:28pm On Sep 24, 2013
Ladies and gentlemen,please may i (referee) blow d final wistle, ANDROID 1 - BB 0.congratulations android os,uve won the argument
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by Nobody: 7:34pm On Sep 24, 2013
BB maker RIM has been sold to a consortium led by Fairfax Financial Holdings for $4.7 billion. Rest in peace BB!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/blackberry-to-be-sold-to-group-led-by-fairfax-financial-1.1864922
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by azpekuliar: 8:03pm On Sep 24, 2013
naturalwaves:

....And what's bad in losing a debate even if u think I did?
Yeah, playing serious HD games like a proper console on a mobile device is childish...I still maintain my stance on this.

You must have been living under a cave. The future of the gaming industry is in smartphone based games. Aside paid game apps, in-app game purchases is one of the highest sources of gaming revenues on the ios & andriod app stores and are already eclipsing the revenues of Nintendo & Sony. As smartphone use broadens, more and more people are choosing to play games on the move.
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 24, 2013
azpekuliar:

You must have been living under a cave. The future of the gaming industry is in smartphone based games. Aside paid game apps, in-app game purchases is one of the highest sources of gaming revenues on the ios & andriod app stores and are already eclipsing the revenues of Nintendo & Sony. As smartphone use broadens, more and more people are choosing to play games on the move.

I still think the future of gaming is going to be on consoles as usual.
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by GeorgeD1(m): 2:11pm On Sep 25, 2013
and blackberry sells out - while we're all here busy at each other's throats.... grin
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by naturalwaves: 5:38pm On Oct 06, 2013
all4naija:

I still think the future of gaming is going to be on consoles as usual.

Same thing I wanted to tell him. Thanks!
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by wizzyblast(m): 10:59pm On Oct 07, 2013
bukky1: try a tecno phantom (f7) or a Gionee Dream (d1) n u will b singing a new song. Android has come to take over and stay!!!!!!!!! i know the ISPs are working reak hard about the internet subscriptions. BBs are nt really worth it nowadays due to high price. havent u noticed the BB torch 3 n Z10 which they made with a feel of the andriod? thats to tell u that they are now trying to catch up with the trend.

About 2 years ago, people would do almost anything for a blackberry.. a teenager was shot on the knee while trying to escape arrest after plans to steal a blackberry was busted... girls sold themselves out just to own one.. and I used to wonder, What's special about it anyways? And the prices are very high with the little features they offer: almost next to nothing. Imagine someone buying blackberry because He or she wants to ping.. rubbish!!! It's just a business phone!! No fun in it compared to android phones!!! Thank God android has arrived. Overhyped phone!!!
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by wizzyblast(m): 11:03pm On Oct 07, 2013
azpekuliar:

Most game consoles have been ported to android. Even the mighty psp has an android emulator... android rocks!!
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by wizzyblast(m): 11:12pm On Oct 07, 2013
bush4ker: u are talking abt pc gaming ryt?whats the most porpular gpu they use in some high end laptops for gaming?everybody knows its nvidia so are u trying to tell me android phones are nt using nvidia tegra chips?oboy some android games looks like psp/ps2 throw dat ur bb away

Seconded ✔✔
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by wizzyblast(m): 11:26pm On Oct 07, 2013
druid06: I've never really liked the blackberry phone.As an iPhone user, I'm not just being descriminating or being biased because of my love for iPhone. I just don't like that phone. The behaviour of Nigerian users who irritatingly flaunt their blackberry phones has made me have a total distaste for that phone out of the norm. First, it has battery problems, the batteries never last. I understand that all smart phone are that way but that of BB is just worse. Most of the programs on there are always crashing when you're doing something important init. I bought a fairly used one from a friend because of the cheap internet service, I couldn't use it for a week, It was so annoying that I sold it for a lesser amount than I got it. If you want to use a smart phone that's not all too expensive why not try good phones like the samsumg galaxy, nokia too has some nice phones and I just saw an advert from Motorola with this new touch screen smart phone. Backberry is just total crap. Q.E.D.

Seconded ✔✔
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by wizzyblast(m): 11:33pm On Oct 07, 2013
llouis: BB will soon be extinct, like how the computer fazed out the typewriter, or how the disc man fazed out the walkman, its only a matter of time.

Technologies come and go, at one time we used floppy diskettes on our computers, then zip drives, then flash drives, then external disks and now we have solid states.

The time will come in the near future that data rates in nigeria will crash, at that time bb wud cease to exist. Its time has come and gone, we need to embrace new technology to keep up with the changing times.

Truth be told, RIM is fighting a war it knows it can no longer win. When everything goes sideways they will fold up and count their losses. Nigeria is way to small to keep them running.
By then Apple would have developed cheaper products like its ipad mini and samsung also would follow suit.

In another 5 years or less apps like whatsapp would replace bbm and we would all come back to this thread to reminisce the days when bb was a status symbol

Embrace change people. Android surpasses blackberry
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by wizzyblast(m): 11:45pm On Oct 07, 2013
solomonkane: Can't help feeling sorry for all the "tech savvy' cretins ranting on this thread; "BB is bad, Iphone is good"; who gives a rat's furry crack? None of you had any hand in producing or designing them yet you're screaming as if your sperm(s) were the essential ingredient deployed in creating or destroying these gadgets. He that wants a BB should get a BB, don't hate what you can't have, he that wants an Apple, Android or Samsung smartphone should do same. You are all Nigerians and when RIM, Apple, Samsung et al look at you, all they see are dollar signs. E.O.D!!!

Cool!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Amazing Photos I Took With My Phone / Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide / How Do I Push Etisalat Browsing Settings To My Phone.