Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,978 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users - Phones (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users (44743 Views)

Android 6.0 Marshmallow Allows In-app Text Translate For Users / Browse On Your Blackberry Phone. Without Bis / Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by Nobody: 8:12am On Oct 17, 2012
Billyonaire: I cant do without a BlackBerry!. The fvcking iPhone I got is gathering dust and the fvcking Galaxy Note's battery dies too quick. I got them all, but my BBM ? nothing like it.
I beg na lie you talk so. Say the truth, I started using  with the storm Ǎ̜̣̍Ϟd thought maybe the spec was too low Ǎ̜̣̍Ϟd bought a top of the line , battery drains like mad Ǎ̜̣̍Ϟd the apps in the phone are so scanty, the bold 9900 can't even match what galaxy pocket can do, I just hope when bbm 10 comes online, it Iڪ totally worth it else I'm closing shop with them. Horrible device Ǎ̜̣̍Ϟd OS.

Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by EmmyDe25(m): 8:18am On Oct 17, 2012
semid4lyfe: Or was this article sponsored? tongue
I guess so. Ds is more lyk a campaign of calumny against d BlakBerry, shudnt hv made d front page. Mtcheew
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by llouis: 8:21am On Oct 17, 2012
BB will soon be extinct, like how the computer fazed out the typewriter, or how the disc man fazed out the walkman, its only a matter of time.

Technologies come and go, at one time we used floppy diskettes on our computers, then zip drives, then flash drives, then external disks and now we have solid states.

The time will come in the near future that data rates in nigeria will crash, at that time bb wud cease to exist. Its time has come and gone, we need to embrace new technology to keep up with the changing times.

Truth be told, RIM is fighting a war it knows it can no longer win. When everything goes sideways they will fold up and count their losses. Nigeria is way to small to keep them running.
By then Apple would have developed cheaper products like its ipad mini and samsung also would follow suit.

In another 5 years or less apps like whatsapp would replace bbm and we would all come back to this thread to reminisce the days when bb was a status symbol

Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by Nobody: 8:27am On Oct 17, 2012
#Bullshit! SomeOne on Nairaland has been payed 2 downcast BB. Even the pple complaining aint Nigerians. As Far as Naija is concerned, BB Rules! If U Think am Lying, Go n Ask #Unijos #Unilag #Unigwags #Unical #Bsu BABES
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by Overlord999(m): 8:31am On Oct 17, 2012
Lmfao. It's really funny & pitiful to find out that the last remnants of blackberry users in America hide their Bbs because they are being discriminated. Too bad Nigerians don't know that. Swithed from Bold 5 to Galaxy s2, Never going back to blackberry again,everything is just to outdated. Planning on buying Galaxy S3 or Galaxy Note 2. BlackBerry is dead, RIP RIM. IMHO Samsung Galaxy phones are currently the best. My fellow nigerians the world has moved on to Android & iphones, nobody wants blackberry anymore except in Nigeria & other African countries. Embrace technology & throw away that outdated brick called blackberry. I hope someday you will see the light. Enough said
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by Akainzo(m): 8:37am On Oct 17, 2012
Overlord999: Lmfao. It's really funny & pitiful to find out that the last remnants of blackberry users in America hide their Bbs because they are being discriminated. Too bad Nigerians don't know that. Swithed from Bold 5 to Galaxy s2, Never going back to blackberry again,everything is just to outdated. Planning on buying Galaxy S3 or Galaxy Note 2. BlackBerry is dead, RIP RIM. IMHO Samsung Galaxy phones are currently the best. My fellow nigerians the world has moved on to Android & iphones, nobody wants blackberry anymore except in Nigeria & other African countries. Embrace technology & throw away that outdated brick called blackberry. I hope someday you will see the light. Enough said

Yeah, I see that Obama hides his BlackBerry, Jay-Z as well. Kanye West, Beyonce and all others. Plus the various heads of the federal agencies across the world.

The analysts said RIM would lose customers, but as the Q3 results show, they gained 2 Million more customers and had over a billion dollars in cash. Go figure that out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Oi_eYPbtqoU
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by kenono(m): 9:25am On Oct 17, 2012
The truth is that I haven't seen any other better choice ƑƟя "Unlimited" browsing in Naija, samsung Galaxy users pay up to 8000 a month just to browse.MY BB still Rocks Joor grin
And let the Americans send me the ones they are ashamed of using, I will gladly become rich with it grin
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by naturalwaves: 9:26am On Oct 17, 2012
It is so funny to see how a lot of people debate with sentiments. The fact is that, an average Nigerian that's always on the move particularly Lagosians do not have time for fanciful APPs and HD games. It is so childish to say one will purchase a phone because it has HD and TECH games like soccer etc even at an advanced age. It is games like RIVER TEST, CHESS etc that looks cool when being played on a mobile device. I mean, if you need to play games, go get a proper game console.

Moreover, what on earth will an average Nigeria do with 200+ APPS? I tell you, most Nigerians are always on the move and have no time for those sh.its. Even some of those with the BB are yet to utilize it to it's full functions.

The question is, what is/ are the needs of an average Nigeria with respect to phones?
#A phone that can offer a good social networking platform as well as a good, fast, cheap or affordable, reliable internet access + entertainment and a phone that can do serious work e.g Business when the need arises#. I tell you, only the BB satisfies all the above.

Like I said earlier, until we have an effective wireless system in Nigeria where one can easily connect to, BLACKBERRY and not phones that drink credits like water will remain the NO 1 choice wrt smart phones. With a maximum of 3k and for as low as 1.5K, one can get an UNLIMITED INTERNET ACCESS for a full blown 30 days. Common, this is more than enough reasons to chose the BB over other types of smart phones.This is a very great + IF YOU KNOW HOW TO USE THE INTERNET. As for me, I pay 1,500 and get a value worth more than 6k every month. I download a lot, from movies to music, to books. I do live streaming at incredulous speed.All my social platforms are well taken care of, Push mails etc. I mean, what more is the need of an average Nigerian? Moreover, the BB has a large user base and there is a default platform for all the users to gather and share resources, the BBM.Lolz.

Why should I pay btw 10K to 30k a month for a limited internet access? 10k on a BB can give one an unlimited internet access for 6 months plus. Ordinary 20K can give one an unlimited internet access for 1 year and a month. Is this not a matter of common sense? Well, like someone once said, COMMON SENSE IS NOT A COMMON COMMODITY IN ANY GIVEN COMMUNITY.

Some people argue that the BB has a very
terrible battery life when compared to Nokia, Samsung etc. Very funny! The feeds the BB receives every minute from the different social networking platforms and mail accounts is just like browsing non stop on a Nokia phone. Infact,it is much more than that cos one can only do one thing at a time while browsing but the BB does all. If U are in doubt, pick up a nokia E5, make a full charge and launch on the internet. Browse on it non stop for 7hrs and see if the battery will not turn red.

If you want to use the BB or if you are using one, you must know how it works particularly the feeds and the battery. Do not turn on any APP you are not using, turn off the network ( I am assuming that your main line isn't in it) anytime you are not using your BB e.g when you are busy, when you want to put it in your bag,when you want to sleep, when you want to drive etc.The good thing is that you get all your feeds IMMEDIATELY you switch on the network. That's the method I use and with a full charge, my own battery stays up to 9 hours at least. Just try it!

I understand that we are gadget crazy in Nigeria and lay our hands on every new thing.I understand that we like to show class and flaunt latest tech phones in other people's eyes. I understand that,the Android, Apple phones are not getting their deserved attention and usage in Nigeria hence, some users of such phones are pained and are always asking the same question of what is in this so called BB that's taking a shine off other supposed superior smart phones? Which we are tired of hearing.All the points above should answer some of their questions.

#THE TYPE OF PHONE ONE USES SHOULD NEVER BE A DEFINITION OF ONE'S SOCIAL STATUES#.

Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 17, 2012
naturalwaves:
Thank you my brother. Some of points you raised were already talked about by me but obviously, the moderator or whoever coded the spambot is a BB hater too. They hid my post and I didn't have a single link there or use an abusive word.
Please can I get a list of international radio/music streaming apps that work with BIS please? Thanks

EDIT The post is no longer hidden.
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by naturalwaves: 9:53am On Oct 17, 2012
Zeddicus:
Thank you my brother. Some of points you raised were already talked about by me but obviously, the moderator or whoever coded the spambot is a BB hater too. They hid my post and I didn't have a single link there or use an abusive word.
Please can I get a list of international radio/music streaming apps that work with BIS please? Thanks

Don't mind them jare.Truth, they say, is bitter.I think the advert was sponsored and that was why your post was hidden for no just cause. I like Nairaland because, it is the highest online gathering of intellectuals in Nigeria. You cannot post poo here and expect everyone to follow your line of reasoning or thinking.The OP's post would have made more sense if it had come in an open debate but they made up very very childish stories filled with lies. Like someone suggested, the said lady that was ashamed of her BB needs to see a Psychiatrist ASAP.Moreover, is she not earning the same amount with her colleagues with other phones? If she doesn't like the BB, why not pick up whatever she likes instead of behaving like she has been restricted or as if she was in a cage.Is she making a formal report or what? The person that designed that cork and bull story and the OP must be good Dramatists.

For the Radio App, try NOBEX RADIO.The channels are so numerous, infact, the channels are by continents which means you should get more than 100 stations on it but there are only about 5-6 stations on it from Nigeria. It's been a while I used mine but just download the APP free of charge and see things for yourself.

Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by magnumx: 10:08am On Oct 17, 2012
it works for me so i dont care
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by kukus01(m): 10:16am On Oct 17, 2012
magnumx: it works for me so i dont care
try galaxy s3 you will never regret it
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 17, 2012
naturalwaves:

Don't mind them jare.Truth, they say, is bitter.I think the advert was sponsored and that was why your post was hidden for no just cause. I like Nairaland because, it is the highest online gathering of intellectuals in Nigeria. You cannot post poo here and expect everyone to follow your line of reasoning or thinking.The OP's post would have made more sense if it had come in an open debate but they made up very very childish stories filled with lies. Like someone suggested, the said lady that was ashamed of her BB needs to see a Psychiatrist ASAP.Moreover, is she not earning the same amount with her colleagues with other phones? If she doesn't like the BB, why not pick up whatever she likes instead of behaving like she has been restricted or as if she was in a cage.Is she making a formal report or what? The person that designed that cork and bull story and the OP must be good Dramatists.

For the Radio App, try NOBEX RADIO.The channels are so numerous, infact, the channels are by continents which means you should get more than 100 stations on it but there are only about 5-6 stations on it from Nigeria. It's been a while I used mine but just download the APP free of charge and see things for yourself.
Thanks for the app bro. Will try it now. As for the topic, it is a marketing stunt. I should know because a percentage of my income comes from writing these kind of pieces. Pick some useless quotes from anyone and sprinkle it with facts and voila, you have your "authoritative article".
Anyway, I'm not going to continue the debate with them. To each his own.

Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by Aksally(m): 10:31am On Oct 17, 2012
#story dat touch# A potency drug seller doing marketing, ' after Oga finish d first one Madam dey expect anoda one, na im Oga start story of how he go GSM village, he come see how iPhone dey push BB, n Galaxy dey one corner dey watch. B4 u go say Adriod truck full of armed Nokia just land......'. Meanwhile that is not Madam problem for now.
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by bibiking7(m): 10:50am On Oct 17, 2012
my office mails - check,
pdf files - check,
downloads - check,
excel files - check,
regular updates from fine girls - check,

Iphone can kiss my A.S.S.

who needs a ski map, we dont even have snow in nigeria.
and to all my BB users, na una go understand this my language well....... galaxy tab on my mind... grin

later people...... elegushi in a bit.. cheesy cheesy cheesy ..lollllzz
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by bibiking7(m): 11:01am On Oct 17, 2012
naturalwaves: It is so funny to see how a lot of people debate with sentiments. The fact is that, an average Nigerian that's always on the move particularly Lagosians do not have time for fanciful APPs and HD games. It is so childish to say one will purchase a phone because it has HD and TECH games like soccer etc even at an advanced age. It is games like RIVER TEST, CHESS etc that looks cool when being played on a mobile device. I mean, if you need to play games, go get a proper game console.

#THE TYPE OF PHONE ONE USES SHOULD NEVER BE A DEFINITION OF ONE'S SOCIAL STATUES#.

Oh chief, you are too much. i dont have daughters yet, i would dashed you one of them to marry. tell them. i was with a friend's iphone for like 2 days, he did not complain. just people's stats update on BBM sometimes, make my day. if i want to play games, i would buy a sony PSP.
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by naturalwaves: 11:02am On Oct 17, 2012
Zeddicus:
Thanks for the app bro. Will try it now. As for the topic, it is a marketing stunt. I should know because a percentage of my income comes from writing these kind of pieces. Pick some useless quotes from anyone and sprinkle it with facts and voila, you have your "authoritative article".
Anyway, I'm not going to continue the debate with them. To each his own.

You're welcome!
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by Anthiga(m): 11:13am On Oct 17, 2012

Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by naturalwaves: 11:22am On Oct 17, 2012
bibiking7:
Oh chief, you are too much. i dont have daughters yet,
sad sad sad . Why now?.....Okay, do you have sisters?wink wink wink
bibiking7: i would av dashed you one of them to marry.

I can wait sir cheesy cheesy cheesy. I will wait for them.
grin grin .

bibiking7: tell them. i was with a friend's iphone for like 2 days, he did not complain. just people's stats update on BBM sometimes, make my day. if i want to play games, i would buy a sony PSP.
Exactly! Why should I buy a phone because of HD games when I have more than enough games on my laptop and the Playstation console? Won't it look strange playing such kind of games on a phone like a Toddler? That point is just so so lame.
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by Bunchersstab(m): 11:27am On Oct 17, 2012
Y blackberry? Y not why not whiteberry?
BlackBerry = berry d blacks
Blackmarrier = Maria is black
Nothing is parmanent
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by candieangel12(f): 11:37am On Oct 17, 2012
Yes BB is the main phone in Nigerian and it serves its purpose for the users there BUT the fact still remains that BB is not up to par with other phones. RIM is really falling behind, not only with the phones but also with the tablets. I purchased a BB playbook in Feb. It was a waste, I later dashed it to my 6 year old sister and then bought the iPAD 3. Love the iPAD 3 so much more to do with it than the useless playbook. RIM either needs to play harder or get lost.
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by Nobody: 11:50am On Oct 17, 2012
I own an iphone4s,a laptop and a javeline I bought 3yrs ago,I would not deny the functional prowess of the iphone but blackberry is still the cheapest way to surf the net,and would be until we have an efficient wireless connection. And anybody who is ashamed for a device they used their hard earned money to buy is stu.pid and has no class.

Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by naturalwaves: 12:14pm On Oct 17, 2012
candieangel12: Yes BB is the main phone in Nigerian and it serves its purpose for the users there BUT the fact still remains that BB is not up to par with other phones. RIM is really falling behind, not only with the phones but also with the tablets. I purchased a BB playbook in Feb. It was a waste, I later dashed it to my 6 year old sister and then bought the iPAD 3. Love the iPAD 3 so much more to do with it than the useless playbook. RIM either needs to play harder or get lost.

Yes, BB might be below par when compared to other smart phones but it still remains the most SENSIBLE, ECONOMICAL and BEST choice to make in Nigeria.

You dashed a BB playbook to a 6 year old girl?undecided undecided and you think that's the best thing she needs at the moment? At 6, she needs something that will be of a better benefit to her. At that age, internet access on the system should even be done with restrictions talkless of handing such kind of a device to her. You appear to be spoiling her.
Take caution so you won't spoil her beyond repairs.

#My lil advice#
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by candieangel12(f): 12:23pm On Oct 17, 2012
naturalwaves:

Yes, BB might be below par when compared to other smart phones but it still remains the most SENSIBLE, ECONOMICAL and BEST choice to make in Nigeria.

You dashed a BB playbook to a 6 year old girl?undecided undecided and you think that's the best thing she needs at the moment? At 6, she needs something that will be of a better benefit to her. At that age, internet access on the system should even be done with restrictions talkless of handing such kind of a device to her. You appear to be spoiling her.
Take caution so you won't spoil her beyond repairs(that is if what you wrote is the truth)

#My lil advice#

Well don't point fingers at me. Children in the USA start using technology at an early age. My 6yr old sister has a bb playbook n a laptop which she got as a gift from my parents for graduating from kindergarten and into the 1st grade. I see no harm in it n my parents don't see any harm in it either. Many of her classmates have cellphones but she is yet 2 get 1 yet. Lol the 1 thing that did shock me was she opened a Twitter account 4 herself, of course I made her delete it when I found out.
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by solomonkane(m): 12:26pm On Oct 17, 2012
Can't help feeling sorry for all the "tech savvy' cretins ranting on this thread; "BB is bad, Iphone is good"; who gives a rat's furry crack? None of you had any hand in producing or designing them yet you're screaming as if your sperm(s) were the essential ingredient deployed in creating or destroying these gadgets. He that wants a BB should get a BB, don't hate what you can't have, he that wants an Apple, Android or Samsung smartphone should do same. You are all Nigerians and when RIM, Apple, Samsung et al look at you, all they see are dollar signs. E.O.D!!!

Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by naturalwaves: 1:35pm On Oct 17, 2012
candieangel12:

Well don't point fingers at me. Children in the USA start using technology at an early age. My 6yr old sister has a bb playbook n a laptop which she got as a gift from my parents for graduating from kindergarten and into the 1st grade. I see no harm in it n my parents don't see any harm in it either. Many of her classmates have cellphones but she is yet 2 get 1 yet. Lol the 1 thing that did shock me was she opened a Twitter account 4 herself, of course I made her delete it when I found out.

Of course, I know children in the US get used to Technology at a very tender age. The point is that, they still require follow ups with Parental monitoring, site control/ restrictions etc. I tell you, the Twitter example you gave is a small one. Don't be surprised if you see her looking through P.orn stuffs lateron.
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by SamMilla1(m): 1:45pm On Oct 17, 2012
After reading most of the posts here, i have decided to buy a BB. Can someone recommend a good one between 45 and 60k.
I am talking of a new one because i dont think all the killers of Cynthia Osokogu have been arrested.

But what is gonna happen to my E6 and HTC?

Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by luluosas(m): 2:04pm On Oct 17, 2012
Watin concern me for this matter? If I use my money buy my phone, waiting go come make me to be ashamed in using it? My LG GX500 rules!!!
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by GeorgeD1(m): 2:05pm On Oct 17, 2012
i wish all those blackberry babes could read this! grin
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by bobolekepee(m): 2:22pm On Oct 17, 2012
Sam Milla: Dear RIM the BB maker, dont worry. There is a certain Country in West Africa called Nigeria where you can still sell your Blackberry.
The reasons why you are going to make a lot of cash in that COUNTRY are :
1 - Over 80 percent of the girls between 15 and 30 years in that Country love Blackberry even though they dont know up to half of its functions.

2 - The same girls mentioned above dont buy the BB with their money. The money usually comes from a male partner or friend. The punishment for not buying it for them is that you will not get s3x. That is the prize of their unclothedness.

3 - The same girls are semi illiterates who went to Unis and polys to waste a few years because their major objective in life is to boast to other girls that my University is better than yours. And not what they achieved during those wasted years. They dont know the meaning of android.

Dear RIM, all you need to do is simple. There is a certain man called Seun Osewa that runs a popular discussion forum. Contact him, give him some money, ask him to make a topic about how BB is better than iPhone and Android phones. Then tell him to lock the post so that people who know the truth can't post on the topic.
LWJMD4H OOOO
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by naturalwaves: 2:26pm On Oct 17, 2012
Sam Milla: After reading most of the posts here, i have decided to buy a BB. Can someone recommend a good one between 45 and 60k.
I am talking of a new one because i dont think all the killers of Cynthia Osokogu have been arrested.

But what is gonna happen to my E6 and HTC?

You are so so funny. The reason you gave for wanting a new one got me reeling with laughter.

Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by mikron(m): 2:37pm On Oct 17, 2012
berem: Why should I be ashamed to use a phone I bought with my hard earned money? Even if am using a Nokia 3310, whose business is it?
I send anybody message? Mtscheeew! undecided
im not surprised for at ur outburst, you are a lady, blackbuddy sorry blackberry is their best friend. but what is worrisome here is that this is the same phone people especially ladies use to pose barely 2 years ago but the phone just went down. very worthless now. so worrisome, i never liked the phone anyway.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Here Is How I Got Scammed Of 320k Yesterday At Computer Village / How Do I Push Etisalat Browsing Settings To My Phone. / Amazing Photos I Took With My Phone

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92