Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,062 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users (44730 Views)

Android 6.0 Marshmallow Allows In-app Text Translate For Users / Browse On Your Blackberry Phone. Without Bis / Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by chucky234(m): 8:14pm On Oct 16, 2012
abbey621: Whoever wrote this post must have been sleeping for the past 5 years, Blackberry was never a major force in the American market, the market is controlled by Apple and Android, Blackberry's major power rests in Europe and Africa, so people do not panic!
Then you must be sleeping under mount Everest for God knows how long,the first blackberry was released in 1999 and was the number one selling business/security phone in the world,Apple released the original iPhone in June 2007 and had to wait for 3 years to beat RIM as the number selling phone company.
The first android phone HTC Dream (T-Mobile G1) was released in 2010 and was able to push blackberry and iPhones sales in mid 2010 by HTC and Samsung devices,always ask questions before you comment.

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by CrazyMan(m): 8:14pm On Oct 16, 2012
She was right about the battery issue.

Most blackberry phones have poor batters. And believe me, this frustrates its users.

The company should do something about this or Nigerians would be their only customers.
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by muktarmtt(m): 8:17pm On Oct 16, 2012
I still lyk my blackbeery past dan iphones or any adriod phone cos am not 2much in 2 tuch screem phone
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by cecegorz(m): 8:17pm On Oct 16, 2012
highlandre: Na dem sabi for Los Angeles o; for Lagos where we dey, if u never use blackberry phone, u're either new from village or saving towards getting one. smiley
You nailed it bro!

Now let's even get serious. For all the
folks joining the US bandwagon on BB hating, how many of you can stay connected on your data bundle for a year uninterrupted with your Apple and Android devices at a matching rate to what BB delivers here?
I am on BES, that requires working on my mails on the go, I discovered that when I use iPad to respond to a mail, it loses most of the graphic layout content, including the signature card, which is critical in identifying the mail bearer.
BB on the other hand, will deliver a perfect replica of your mail content.
Until Apple and Androids promoters comes up with a unique package for heavy data users over here, RIM will continue to enjoy increasing patronage here.

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by chucky234(m): 8:17pm On Oct 16, 2012
Billyonaire: Nwane, your profile shows you are located in Nigeria and your picture's background is so Nigerian. Is there something you are not telling us ?
Thought as much

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by oubi: 8:20pm On Oct 16, 2012
Joshcoli: Any naija person criticizing BB is simply because they can't afford one,

I have em plenty in my office

Hahahaha.... Dis same rubbish ws wht one yoruba boy told me whn I hadn't a blackberry aπd still critisized it a lot. Little did I know dat my nokia E75 cost more dan his BB curve2
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by tomakint: 8:23pm On Oct 16, 2012
still the usual 'discriminatory factor' that cuts across virtually everything human! the good looking discriminates against the not-too good looking, the rich against the poor, the normal-skinned against the albino, the six-packed guys against the fat guys,the tall ones against the shorts, the employed against the un-employed the list is endless in a world we are all expected to believe we are EQUAL!!
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by Nobody: 8:23pm On Oct 16, 2012
oubi:

Hahahaha.... Dis same rubbish ws wht one yoruba boy told me whn I hadn't a blackberry aπd still critisized it a lot. Little did I know dat my nokia E75 cost more dan his BB curve2
You cant afford BB if you are still using Curve2, why not give Bold5 and Porsche a try. I use both, Bold5 for business and Porsche to show my status.
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 16, 2012
Lol. Coming from the New York Times, it is authoritative. Dem don pour sand sand for inside these fake azz naija wannabes garri.

I imagine it must be very painful to find out that the yeye 'Bold 5' you bought as a status symbol is in fact a source of embarrassment. The BB would die a slow, painful death in Nigeria too. When dumb girls realise that they are no longer impressing each other or anyone else by displaying their latest Bold this or Torch that, then the BB brand would evaporate even faster than Motorola.
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by chucky234(m): 8:24pm On Oct 16, 2012
Got HTC One X,iPhone and BB phones,sold my iPhone to a Nlander who live in Ibadan last week because of the stress that come with carrying 3 phones all day,the choice of sellinG the iphone was easy one because my BB takes care of my businesses why my One X is untouchable.

Imagine spending 20k on data monthly doing business on android with poor email messaging,BB's email push and camera is unequaled.

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by oubi: 8:28pm On Oct 16, 2012
CrazyMan: She was right about the battery issue.

Most blackberry phones have poor batters. And believe me, this frustrates its users.

The company should do something about this or Nigerians would be their only customers.

If battery ws BB,§ only problem den we r safe bt check out a fone dat dosnt ђa√ع functions dat even d smallest nokia fone has
BB is far from fragile (I neva fit find word for am)
BB is not compatible wit applications even its one applications gotten 4rm its app world.)
And so many oda disadvantages
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by Clemzy16(m): 8:28pm On Oct 16, 2012
Blackberry has actually lost it value. It is now a commodity for cheap individuals who intends to showcase their level of mentally derailed publicity stunt. iphone5 and Samsung Galaxy seems to be the phone for the big boys now.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by bigtt76(f): 8:32pm On Oct 16, 2012
Dear Mr. Milla,
Thank you for the advice and sense of loyalty. We've noted carefully every point you made. In a couple of days, we'll be sending down a team of BDMs and associates to take it up woth the personalities mentioned.

In appreciation, we'll be sending you our latest device which you'll be shocked about ...the all new 10900 (Android based). In return, we will appreciate your feedbacck on its look and feel as well as performance. It comes with a dedicated secured BIS so you need worry about monthly subscription.

Warm Regards,

Jakamoko Clinton (EMEA)
Research In Motion

Sam Milla: Deat RIM the BB maker, dont worry. There is a certain Country in West Africa called Nigeria where you can still sell your Blackberry.
The reasons why you are going to make a lot of cash in that COUNTRY are :
1 - Over 80 percent of the girls between 15 and 30 years in that Country love Blackberry even though they dont know up to half of its functions.

2 - The same girls mentioned above dont buy the BB with their money. The money usually comes from a male partner or friend. The punishment for not buying it for them is that you will not get s3x. That is the prize of their unclothedness.

3 - The same girls are semi illiterates who went to Unis and polys to waste a few years because their major objective in life is to boast to other girls that my University is better than yours. And not what they achieved during those wasted years. They dont know the meaning of android.

Dear RIM, all you need to do is simple. There is a certain man called Seun Osewa that runs a popular discussion forum. Contact him, give him some money, ask him to make a topic about how BB is better than iPhone and Android phones. Then tell him to lock the post so that people who know the truth can't post on the topic.
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by oubi: 8:33pm On Oct 16, 2012
Billyonaire: You cant afford BB if you are still using Curve2, why not give Bold5 and Porsche a try. I use both, Bold5 for business and Porsche to show my status.

Mr man, since ūя̲̅ pride n sense of showey display has beclouded ūя̲̅ ability to read btwn d lines... I now use a BB.
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by safarigirl(f): 8:34pm On Oct 16, 2012
Abuja-estates:
Who are the fools judging others unfairly by the kind of gadgets they carry with them? People can be really daft!
Honestly, if people are ashamed of their blackberrys, what about those who are still using Sagem x5 and visafone? And those who can't even afford phones? Humans can be so shallow-minded. If a phone can perform the basics of making and receiving calls, who gives a hoot if it takes pictures, has internet and all that? We're talking bout world hunger and global warming and some Barbie is making a fuss over something as trivial as a phone. If you let your gadget define who you are as a person, then you need a lesson on self-worth

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by benzion72(m): 8:36pm On Oct 16, 2012
Reading this and responding with my BB 8520. I careless with Aerican review. I am Ben an African from Nigeria. I don't care who use what phone so far my phone serve my need.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by samnix(m): 8:37pm On Oct 16, 2012
acidtalk:

You are WRONG!!!
I use a Blackberry, Iphone, HTC and Sony Ericson and my brother I will tell you the Blackberry is the WORST og them all.

Iphone is damn too rugged. This phone has dropped on everything you can thing of, From pavement, mable floor, Rug, granite, just name it and is has not only never had a crash but also Never had a fault.

The blackberry is not just the most fragile amongst them but also the least impressive in terms of applications and all.

Truth be told, if not for the fact people will mis my company in my several groups and contact (the have begged when I tried to stay off BB), I would have long dumped that piece.

I use an HTC and a Samsung Note as well buh I cant let go of my BB ... try and dump yours and see how miserable life can get ... noone will tell u b4 u go get it back I have had friends who did ... buh in no long a time they are back on BB so stop Sweating it ... Until we have good, reliable and affordable data service then ... BB is still IT in Nigeria ...

Also taking about Ruggedness ... I use a Bold 5, even my mini Nokia fone sef no fall reach am ... am a very careless fone user, my BB has stood test of fall, kicks and all and it is still working so fine... may b u are using a London used BB ...

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by Nobody: 8:37pm On Oct 16, 2012
oubi:

Mr man, since ūя̲̅ pride n sense of showey display has beclouded ūя̲̅ ability to read btwn d lines... I now use a BB.
Well come to the club. Send me your BBPIN, may be I could hook you up with some shorties!
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 16, 2012
chucky234: Got HTC One X,iPhone and BB phones,sold my iPhone to a Nlander who live in Ibadan last week because of the stress that come with carrying 3 phones all day,the choice of sellinG the iphone was easy one because my BB takes care of my businesses why my One X is untouchable.

Imagine spending 20k on data monthly doing business on android with poor email messaging,BB's email push and camera is unequaled.

I second. I also have a HTCone x and bold 5. D Bb takes care of businesS in a way the iPhone5 can't but I truly wish we had steadier 3g in Lagos/Nigeria--It makes mockery of smart phone usage sometimes
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 16, 2012
RUBBISH! This is a calculated attempt to bring down the company.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by francis247(m): 8:43pm On Oct 16, 2012
dazzy4real: This must be a joke did anybody read dis textbook to d last page?
Believe it or not I read it out loud.
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by flux101(m): 8:43pm On Oct 16, 2012
I pay N1500 nd I cn surf d net,ping,stream videos,tweet,unlimited download,check nd send emails..e.t.c.. grin..Iphone ni eyephone kor
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by francis247(m): 8:43pm On Oct 16, 2012
Believe it or not I read it out and loud.
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by azimibraun: 8:44pm On Oct 16, 2012
Bastard in a sweat shirt and a plank in Aluu jst may hv just used his killer plank on BB.. Una sure say no b d Aluu video shootin done with bb dey cos dis one so?
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by francis247(m): 8:44pm On Oct 16, 2012
Believe it or not, I read it out and loud.
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by oubi: 8:45pm On Oct 16, 2012
safarigirl: Honestly, if people are ashamed of their blackberrys, what about those who are still using Sagem x5 and visafone? And those who can't even afford phones? Humans can be so shallow-minded. If a phone can perform the basics of making and receiving calls, who gives a hoot if it takes pictures, has internet and all that? We're talking bout world hunger and global warming and some Barbie is making a fuss over something as trivial as a phone. If you let your gadget define who you are as a person, then you need a lesson on self-worth

My dear,..Ʊ wuld also prefair d fulani radios dan a good sound system, aπd a black aπd white television to a coloured..phone has gone beyond jst receiving aπd making calls. Stop living in the past.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by mu2sa2: 8:45pm On Oct 16, 2012
Americans wear jeans, so we also wear jeans. American music we listen to like crazy. Americans love fast food, so we eat junk food like mad. Now, our mental colonial masters have dumped blackberry ....

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by oubi: 8:49pm On Oct 16, 2012
Billyonaire: Well come to the club. Send me your BBPIN, may be I could hook you up with some shorties!

I shuld be d one to giv Ʊ shawdies cos I am tired of wht I get on their DPs. (Unnecesary Showey displays)
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by Emmy9ite(m): 8:52pm On Oct 16, 2012
*wears all black and mourns for blackberry*
RIM needs to change their business plan and market strategy.
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by Nobody: 8:53pm On Oct 16, 2012
You are never as good as they say you are when you are winning, and you are never as bad as they say you are when you are losing. Too bad rim doesntt have a steve jobs who will save the company he started

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by dayokanu(m): 8:55pm On Oct 16, 2012
Blackberry is like a dinosaur

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Amazing Photos I Took With My Phone / Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide / How Do I Push Etisalat Browsing Settings To My Phone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.