Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,069 members, 7,835,607 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users (44750 Views)

Android 6.0 Marshmallow Allows In-app Text Translate For Users / Browse On Your Blackberry Phone. Without Bis / Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by Nobody: 11:01pm On Oct 16, 2012
hustla:

That's a lie,except you're a wobia,u shld be able to use airtel's 1.5gig data plan for a month.. Which the average bb user doesn't even use up to.. Ask dose using airtel for their BB too..

What's the lie? How much is airtel's 1.5g compared to Bb's 3-5GB for N1500?
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by wewe1(m): 11:01pm On Oct 16, 2012
Joshcoli: Any naija person criticizing BB is simply because they can't afford one,

I have em plenty in my office

That is a lie my Andriod phone is expensive than most of ur BAD BATTERY (B B) phones..
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by Nobody: 11:03pm On Oct 16, 2012
Wisdom is when you realize that blackberry is actually shiit.

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by hustla(m): 11:04pm On Oct 16, 2012
chyket: Mine is a different story,my blackberry Porsche had a problem in April 2012 and I tried to repair it here in Nigeria but it wasn't possible.My insurance Company GtAssurance now Mansard that insured the phone said the insurance was for theft and not Damage,so I was very upset and I dumped the phone and kept using my Samsung.A friend of mine who lives in the Uk took it to London and tried to repair it but it was not possible so the blackberry outlet in the Uk now told him to apply for a replacement with his credit card details since it was still under warranty and he did.
Two weeks later that was last week Thursday I was given a brand new blackberry Porsche for free and I now have no choice than to keep using it because I feel that I have been treated fairly by blackberry Inc

*yawns*
Who ask dis one plenrie story?
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by Nobody: 11:04pm On Oct 16, 2012
Everything in life must obey the law of diminishing return. Europe of all continents, is now experiencing daily economy breakdown, y? cos they have reached the peak of development, so destruction is the next step, which is already taking place

Same goes to American, reason u see China dominating global economy, & once they also reach the peak, they too must go down.

This law is applicable to RIM handset, a.k.a. BlackBerry Smart Phones. They got to the peak of global sales record, so they must go down, same must apply to samsung, iphone, etc.

Watch everything around u in this life, they must obey the law of diminishing return, so don't be scared when it occurs cos its a must, just be strong to start afresh smiley

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by chasy16(f): 11:06pm On Oct 16, 2012
berem: abeg go siddon joor! Was nigeria a 1st world before? Even if I have the money to buy Android or Iphone,I rather use it for something else! Am not a phone freak so all those yeye phones don't move me.BB all the way!

Poverty na problem grin
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by hustla(m): 11:06pm On Oct 16, 2012
TroGunn:

What's the lie? How much is airtel's 1.5g compared to Bb's 3-5GB for N1500?

How many bb users dey use up to 3Gig per month? E sure me die say not up to 10% exhaust it..
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by kam27(m): 11:06pm On Oct 16, 2012
hustla:

And yet u charged al tru abi? Lwkmd!
Has ur bold 5 crashed yet? It soon will :p free cheats dey errwia,multi links and mtn dey,I'd rather download wif pc :p :p

Na pple like u no allow this country move forward.

No weapon fashioned against my Bold 5 shall ...........

Its insured by Baba God. (A year plus with 32gb mobile ultra sdhc class 10, UHS speed class 1 memory card)
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by naturalwaves: 11:06pm On Oct 16, 2012
berem: exactly! That is the only problem I hate about BB.the battery drains like ice cream. Most people that use BB phones are always seen carrying chargers anywhere they go.before I had my BB,I use to laugh at my brother because he can go nutts if his BB phone is not charged.now I see am the one being laughed at! Lol!

The BB was designed to receive and refresh feeds almost everytime. You can set some of the Apps e.g facebook to refresh for new feeds every hour or as you wish.I assume your main line is not the one you are using for your BB, so, another very effective method is to turn off the network when you are not using your phone e.g when it is in your bag, when you are busy doing something else, when you want to sleep etc. You will definately get all your feeds once you switch on. This method works so well and it makes my own battery last so much. Infact,if I switch off network on my phone, I can play music for 12 hrs + without the battery dying off. Just try it!

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by cikadile: 11:08pm On Oct 16, 2012
Joshcoli: Any naija person criticizing BB is simply because they can't afford one,

I have em plenty in my office

Hi, I am naija, and I do not have a blackberry or i-phone...
and I certainly can afford one
I just choose not to...the craze embarrassed me, I tell you
another reason is that my techno-savvy is not too hot
A third is that with the way I got addicted to a TV show, I know it will happen with BB, and I am avoiding that
I also get a kick outta saying, "oh sorry I don't have a BB"....and then witnessing the looks of pity, scorn, wonder, disgust, admiration, that follow
Like I said before I can be really contrary and stubborn

You are wrong dude....just saying

BTW, all my peeps have BBs, so I am not judging owners o.....but I am always amused at social functions where a girl has a handbag but always keeps a BB at right angles to her body...it is funny I must say, truly

Also I work with a Toshiba laptop, mtn modem, not even i-pad, I be bush oo, for real....but happy with the choice

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by hustla(m): 11:09pm On Oct 16, 2012
DailyNews: Everything in life must obey the law of diminishing return. Europe of all continents, is now experiencing daily economy breakdown, y? cos they have reached the peak of development, so destruction is the next step, which is already taking place

Same goes to American, reason u see China dominating global economy, & once they also reach the peak, they too must go down.

This law is applicable to RIM handset, a.k.a. BlackBerry Smart Phones. They got to the peak of global sales record, so they must go down, same must apply to samsung, iphone, etc.

Watch everything around u in this life, they must obey the law of diminishing return, so don't be scared when it occurs cos its a must, just be strong to start afresh smiley

Ehn ehn, u funny sha
When Blackberry Ever surpass Nokia for market? Even htc sef.. Tell me pls.. They've never been up,gbagbe oshy
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by Nobody: 11:10pm On Oct 16, 2012
DailyNews: Everything in life must obey the law of diminishing return. Europe of all continents, is now experiencing daily economy breakdown, y? cos they have reached the peak of development, so destruction is the next step, which is already taking place

I very much agree. Nokia, BB once dominated. Iphone dominates now but could be on the decline soon. It's all creative destruction in view leading to innovative products. And the customer wins at the end of the day
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by Nobody: 11:14pm On Oct 16, 2012
hustla:

How many bb users dey use up to 3Gig per month? E sure me die say not up to 10% exhaust it..

What they use is their biz. Fact remains they get a better data plan than Android and iPhone users.
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by hustla(m): 11:18pm On Oct 16, 2012
kam27:

Na pple like u no allow this country move forward.

No weapon fashioned against my Bold 5 shall ...........

Its insured by Baba God. (A year plus with 32gb mobile ultra sdhc class 10, UHS speed class 1 memory card)

U no even get confidence in ur own device!sotey u. Gats kal God wey give u brain to choose beta option to help u!
Nawa o!
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by hustla(m): 11:18pm On Oct 16, 2012
dowjones: the replies on this thread can only prove that Nigeria is 3rd world. See blackberry supporters.

I plan starting a business soon and I've told my future partners they must have Androids and Iphones. only a stack illiterate will call blackberry when productive Iphone and Android users are talking.

Stark raving mad one!
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by dowjones(m): 11:21pm On Oct 16, 2012
berem: abeg go siddon joor! Was nigeria a 1st world before? Even if I have the money to buy Android or Iphone,I rather use it for something else! Am not a phone freak so all those yeye phones don't move me.BB all the way!

woman, if I commented on a nollywood topic you can quote me all you want. you don't need to be a phone freak to know Androids are cheaper than BBs when you consider their functions. I have initiated a lot of People to the Android cult and they have only good things to say. ignorant woman
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by kam27(m): 11:23pm On Oct 16, 2012
hustla:

U no even get confidence in ur own device!sotey u. Gats kal God wey give u brain to choose beta option to help u!
Nawa o!

Some pple jealous me.
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by Nobody: 11:24pm On Oct 16, 2012
All these yeye android users and iphone users forming tech savvy. My Bb offers me unlimited data downloads and I'm for just 1500....Try am with ur droid or iphone naaa...What u guys don't understand is that in the U.S they have many WIFI hotspots unlike in naija. For my 1500 every month I download average of 3gb data. What is a smartphone without having enuff data. I have friend that use droids and sometimes turn of data sending capability of their fones cos they av limited data. Kk u av Flip board, temple run etc but wat is the use of all these without data. Mschewwww. Bb is the fone of choice in Nigeria. Why? CHEAP DATA.

3 Likes

Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by dowjones(m): 11:27pm On Oct 16, 2012
ItsModella: Wisdom is when you realize that blackberry is actually shiit.

are you a nigerian lady? na the first time i go see naija woman against BB. the ones who use Iphones and co use it by accident !
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by mj(m): 11:32pm On Oct 16, 2012
As an App Developer, I follow the latest news on technologies to know what is selling in the market, to be sincere with you blackberry is not there, I use a blackberry phone, but I find myself always wanting to use my friend's Android phone. Apple Store and Android market is the main thing, where developers like me get to make lots of cash selling apps, BlackBerry 10 will be out by January, RIM is falling, the only thing that can save RIM is if Blackberry 10 makes a hit, but I can tell you now that Samsung are looking into buying RIM if Blackberry 10 fails since it will lead to the company's total collapse in the smartphone market. I have look at surveys on smartphones, but to be sincere with you BlackBerry is not regarded as one, pls tell me what are the smart things that Blackberry can do?
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by mflexy8(m): 11:34pm On Oct 16, 2012
Never have I seen so many have their ego mangled in a ruthless way as the write up did to my Naija pips. I recalling countless times I received insults cos I don't have a BB even though I had costlier n more effective phones. The bandwagon mentality of Nigerians is nauseating. By my projections, 70% of Naija suffer from very low self esteem. That is what made the Bb popular. An I.d to social cool. Bleep that. For all the pips who have been saying their Bb is for pride n shit... Am talking to you! The way u carry yourself should give you pride NOT THE SH1T YOU ARE CARRYING. Shoutout to all who have remained true to their style. You re the true stars, let the rest copy.
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by AnselmA(m): 11:37pm On Oct 16, 2012
Finally their eyes hav open.
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by kpolli(m): 11:42pm On Oct 16, 2012
What the fork is this article talking about? Except she is still using a first generation pearl, she shud not bark. . . . Plus seems ppl still hate on the BB, I tot iphone was better, why still hate?
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by naijathings(m): 11:42pm On Oct 16, 2012
[size=18pt]very slow piece of sheit phone.
slow internet,
lack of innovation and creativity, imagine BB porsche has 5mp camera after all the hype.
bold 2 and bold 4 no difference,
u have to be on 3,000 plan in order to add more than one email on ur BB.
i got so bored with my BBbold 5 that i had to start designing the back cover.
then i got tired.
iPhone is the bomb, Samsung is the shizzle.
I think the BB was made to bury the blacks.. Black Bury.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by Nobody: 11:43pm On Oct 16, 2012
Anselm A: Finally their eyes hav open.
My eyes have always been open and I'm very tech savvy...I also know the cool things u can do with ur Iphone or droid in the U.S like find restaurant, shops etc but not in Nigeria. How many houses are well numbered sef. My bb is smart enuff for me. I can read the news, browse NL, tweet, social network, check fb,send and receive e-mails and instant messages.Even listen to internet radio. So iphone and android users kindly tell me what u use ur fones for in naija that really works (other than all those fancy looking apps) and games (which I'm not interested in).

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by Akainzo(m): 11:45pm On Oct 16, 2012
hustla: I think the worst ever decision I made tech-wise was dumping my iPhone 3G in 2008 for a Blackberry 8520 (Curve 2) ..I felt like crying..no 3D games,slow browser,annoying battery that becomes hot when 3G is on (Bold 2/Bold 4 and Torch1 that I used) ..asides the data plan,unlimited downloads (I still downloaded rap albums of about 400mb wif etisalat 3G 2day) and compressed data,blackberry z utterly worthless..I mean very worthless..
I have two batteries and I still have to carry about a charger :/ smh4 dem..

The most annoying part is the way they churn out fones stupidly,no innovation,nothing.. What's the difference between Curve2/Curve 3,Bold2/Bold3/Bold4, Torch1/Torch 2 Storm 1/Storm 2, Bold1/Bold5/Bold6 ssmh!

Selling my Blackberry on nairaland soon,Tumababa will get me a 4S.. wink
Moving on

My guy, the worst decision you made was caused by you. You left an iPhone 3GS for a Curve2! You are the architect of your own unhappiness. What you did is like leaving a Copy-class mercedes for a Peugeot 404 and expecting the same performance.

When you wanted a BB, did you not see the Bold or the Torch By yourself, you cast aspersions on your claim of being tech savy.
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by Akainzo(m): 11:48pm On Oct 16, 2012
mj: As an App Developer, I follow the latest news on technologies to know what is selling in the market, to be sincere with you blackberry is not there, I use a blackberry phone, but I find myself always wanting to use my friend's Android phone. Apple Store and Android market is the main thing, where developers like me get to make lots of cash selling apps, BlackBerry 10 will be out by January, RIM is falling, the only thing that can save RIM is if Blackberry 10 makes a hit, but I can tell you now that Samsung are looking into buying RIM if Blackberry 10 fails since it will lead to the company's total collapse in the smartphone market. I have look at surveys on smartphones, but to be sincere with you BlackBerry is not regarded as one, pls tell me what are the smart things that Blackberry can do?

Why don't you share with me what the iPhone or SG3 can do that the BB cannot do? That would be a fair start.
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by Nobody: 11:49pm On Oct 16, 2012
naijathings: [size=18pt]very slow piece of sheit phone.
slow internet,
lack of innovation and creativity, imagine BB porsche has 5mp camera after all the hype.
bold 2 and bold 4 no difference,
u have to be on 3,000 plan in order to add more than one email on ur BB.
i got so bored with my BBbold 5 that i had to start designing the back cover.
then i got tired.
iPhone is the bomb, Samsung is the shizzle.
I think the BB was made to bury the blacks.. Black Bury.[/size]
That's if u need one than one POP email. Personally I do but I have found work arounds and still pay 1500. And Mr those pictures u take. Where do they usually end? Is it not on fb or twitter? and on most websites a 5MP is scaled down so even having 20MP camera on ur fone wouldn't make ur pics luk much better anyway since they would still be scaled down to a far less pixel size. The only thing I rily lack on my bb for now is Instagram and the makers of the app are hating on bb like most pple here and have refused to make a blackberry version of the app.
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by VirginFinder: 11:49pm On Oct 16, 2012
mflexy8: Never have I seen so many have their ego mangled in a ruthless way as the write up did to my Naija pips. I recalling countless times I received insults cos I don't have a BB even though I had costlier n more effective phones. The bandwagon mentality of Nigerians is nauseating. By my projections, 70% of Naija suffer from very low self esteem. That is what made the Bb popular. An I.d to social cool. Bleep that. For all the pips who have been saying their Bb is for pride n shit...

Yes ooooo

I have never given a damnabout the BB,my whole life.

I almost never follow the crowd.

My younger ones use it though.
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by Akainzo(m): 11:53pm On Oct 16, 2012
mflexy8: Never have I seen so many have their ego mangled in a ruthless way as the write up did to my Naija pips. I recalling countless times I received insults cos I don't have a BB even though I had costlier n more effective phones. The bandwagon mentality of Nigerians is nauseating. By my projections, 70% of Naija suffer from very low self esteem. That is what made the Bb popular. An I.d to social cool. Bleep that. For all the pips who have been saying their Bb is for pride n shit... Am talking to you! The way u carry yourself should give you pride NOT THE SH1T YOU ARE CARRYING. Shoutout to all who have remained true to their style. You re the true stars, let the rest copy.

Since the US President had to have a special BlackBerry made for him, does that qualify him as suffering from bandwagon mentality too? Sorry since the US, UK, Israel, Russia, Iran, Australian governments all use Blackberries we can say they are fucktards too and suffer from low self esteem. SMH.
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by Abbott(m): 11:56pm On Oct 16, 2012
Why do people write such hurtful stuffs? I'm a staunch Nokia homeboy but I feel it hurts the people that own this company when you write articles that is intentional cutting and acerbic. Universal cringes? Imagine stuffs like this written against Ruff n Tumble or Dangote etc Aint fair @ all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

How To Create Yahoo Mail With Phone / How Do I Push Etisalat Browsing Settings To My Phone. / Here Is How I Got Scammed Of 320k Yesterday At Computer Village

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.