Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

POWER DISTRIBUTION: We Won’t Allow Firm To Operate -Edo, Ekiti, Delta Govtss - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / POWER DISTRIBUTION: We Won’t Allow Firm To Operate -Edo, Ekiti, Delta Govtss (6245 Views)

Power Distribution Firms Reject Supply From Generating Plants / We Won’t Present Candidate Against Wike In Rerun – IPAC / We Won’t Allow PDP Senators To Disqualify Ministerial Nominees - APC Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: POWER DISTRIBUTION: We Won’t Allow Firm To Operate -Edo, Ekiti, Delta Govtss by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:40am On Oct 19, 2012
With all due respect Governor Uduaghan, your government has got to be the most clueless and utterly useless in the whole of Nigeria. He has not even managed to sustain the roads Ibori was able to do before he left. Uduaghan has done nothing, zilch, nada for Delta state. So he can give contracts to your political associates so that you would remain in power come next election and they have sub contracted and sub contracted and sub sub sub sub sub contracted contracts till they make no more meaning and workers cannot even be mobilized, is that what you want us to entrust in power distribution to you as well? Where else has the "knowledge" of this troubled area brought development?
Saying they would not co operate to make life easier for the people of their states because they did not win the bid is nauseating and to think that Adams whom I had small respect for is part of this is just shocking.

2 Likes

Re: POWER DISTRIBUTION: We Won’t Allow Firm To Operate -Edo, Ekiti, Delta Govtss by Puntae: 9:57am On Oct 19, 2012
These bunch of 'Hooligans' still want to hold us to ransom with their act of selfishness, which have continued to geopardize our enhancement and relegating us to the stone age...
Of what essence will a man want to interrupt a transformation process?
It is obvious these 'Gansters' have personal interest and to the glory of development, have been sidelined; which lies the birth of their irrelevant ranting...
Please,we re tired of the ranting disperse by these shenanigans... In as much as these companies remain competent and effective, who cares if the Governors were part of the bidding...
It' an era of COMPETENCY and QUICK RESULT, no more FAVORITISM and INEFFICIENCY!
Re: POWER DISTRIBUTION: We Won’t Allow Firm To Operate -Edo, Ekiti, Delta Govtss by Vogue50: 10:18am On Oct 19, 2012
take dat: That was racketeering and not bidding. Emeka Offor is a guy who lacks credibility, how well did he his Chrome manage all the TAM contracts he collected or is it the Kastec gas pipeline fraud. Where did Abdulsalam get his money? Abacha's recovered loot. Gbolade Osibodu is simply a front man .All these guys are worse than the state governors.
Abdusalami's past has nothing to do with the bidding process. For example , his company was the only company that bidded for Yola distribution company ; what do u expect? If his company meet the prerequisite requirement and won the bid ; they should go ahead and work ! All we need is results , revitalizing the power sector and not to dwell on history !
Re: POWER DISTRIBUTION: We Won’t Allow Firm To Operate -Edo, Ekiti, Delta Govtss by initiate: 10:30am On Oct 19, 2012
Where can I get a list of Firms who won the business

Thanks
Re: POWER DISTRIBUTION: We Won’t Allow Firm To Operate -Edo, Ekiti, Delta Govtss by bank2k4real(m): 11:46am On Oct 19, 2012
The governors thought its politics ( election) that when you loose,you go go court and win....no way....
Re: POWER DISTRIBUTION: We Won’t Allow Firm To Operate -Edo, Ekiti, Delta Govtss by bokohalal(m): 12:42pm On Oct 19, 2012
dridowu: So hapi because its combo of PDP and ACN , so politics apart

It actually includes Ondo State.So add LP.
I think the governors' grouse is that they have invested heavily in the power sector in their various states and have a more accomplished technical partner than the winner and that the bidding process itself was flawed.
Re: POWER DISTRIBUTION: We Won’t Allow Firm To Operate -Edo, Ekiti, Delta Govtss by Policewoman(f): 1:14pm On Oct 19, 2012
And so what if they had heavily invested in power generation? Does that guarantee success in distribution? If NO, then why don't they leave it for the experts? Our Governors always want tp politicise everything. The citizens of Edo, Delta and Ondo don't give a hoot who manages the DISCOs, as long as they see the bulb light when they flick the switch on.

1 Like

Re: POWER DISTRIBUTION: We Won’t Allow Firm To Operate -Edo, Ekiti, Delta Govtss by SkyBlue1: 1:24pm On Oct 19, 2012
These people should stop playing politics with everything. What "peculiar" situations in the Niger Delta is Uduaghan talking about? The only reason they can be talking of "banning" any company is because it is government owned infrastructure.
Re: POWER DISTRIBUTION: We Won’t Allow Firm To Operate -Edo, Ekiti, Delta Govtss by SkyBlue1: 1:28pm On Oct 19, 2012
bokohalal:

I think the governors' grouse is that they have invested heavily in the power sector in their various states and have a more accomplished technical partner than the winner and that the bidding process itself was flawed.

You make a very strong point there and that 'grouse' has legitimacy, but ask yourself this, how has power improved in those states as a result of their 'investments'? Don't be fooled, states are actually in this administration allowed to generate power for their exclusive consumption as allowed by NERC. So if you state has not light the blame can now be shared between the federal and state government.
Re: POWER DISTRIBUTION: We Won’t Allow Firm To Operate -Edo, Ekiti, Delta Govtss by Puntae: 1:30pm On Oct 19, 2012
bokohalal:

Seriously, invested in power sector! What is to show of it?
Their outcry is as a result of haven lost the bid through their company, else, this dust won't have been raised were it be that Southern Electricity Company emerged successful.
Their claim that they weren't informed to be part of the bidding is indeed premature and lacks merit... coz for an occasion that important, the who is who got ears.
Re: POWER DISTRIBUTION: We Won’t Allow Firm To Operate -Edo, Ekiti, Delta Govtss by SkyBlue1: 1:35pm On Oct 19, 2012
Puntae:
Seriously, invested in power sector! What is to show of it?
Their outcry is as a result of haven lost the bid through their company, else, this dust won't have been raised were it be that Southern Electricity Company emerged successful.
Their claim that they weren't informed to be part of the bidding is indeed premature and lacks merit... coz for an occasion that important, the who is who got ears.

That is my only worry. If we can become privvy to the judging criteria and more importantly, what made on company picked over the other, and we can all see it as fair and applied consistently based on competence, then they have little to stand on. People just want light. Better yet, they should explain specific details of their discontent, what makes the company they want better suited than the one chosen? Simple.
Re: POWER DISTRIBUTION: We Won’t Allow Firm To Operate -Edo, Ekiti, Delta Govtss by FrankC3: 1:44pm On Oct 19, 2012
If they have so invested excellently, why is the sector not succesful? If how much invested is the determinant of who wins the bid, then the FG's interests should go unchallenged. The problem with this kind of protest is that its poverty of ideology. What is the idea behind privatization in the first place?
This protest sounds more like #occupyWallStreet or fuel subsidy protest.
Re: POWER DISTRIBUTION: We Won’t Allow Firm To Operate -Edo, Ekiti, Delta Govtss by lumeneng22: 2:20pm On Oct 19, 2012
Jenams: Edo,delta & ekiti governors shud pls STFU! They will nt remain in power forever! Wat if wen their tenure expires & a silly govt ƇϑmƏ onbaord? †ЂΞ best tin they shud ask for is τ̅o be allowed τ̅o co-operate wit whoeva wins †ЂΞ bid for †ЂΞ said Benin Disco. Sekina
.Gbaam! Where were these governors since over three years now when vigeo consortium has been on ground in their respective states installing prepaid meters? A billions of naira project?
Re: POWER DISTRIBUTION: We Won’t Allow Firm To Operate -Edo, Ekiti, Delta Govtss by Puntae: 2:21pm On Oct 19, 2012
Sky Blue:

That is my only worry. If we can become privvy to the judging criteria and more importantly, what made on company picked over the other, and we can all see it as fair and applied consistently based on competence, then they have little to stand on. People just want light. Better yet, they should explain specific details of their discontent, what makes the company they want better suited than the one chosen? Simple.
These people who lacks the ability to air details of their discontent, can NEVER highlight nor give reason(s) why their claimed company is better than the other; rather, they will continue to feed us with the shit they already gave us, as an excuse to a continual sought of notice...
Re: POWER DISTRIBUTION: We Won’t Allow Firm To Operate -Edo, Ekiti, Delta Govtss by wandeay: 2:47pm On Oct 19, 2012
Written by Ayodele Adesanmi, Abuja
Friday, 19 October 2012

BARELY two days after the Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE) opened the bidding of the distribution companies under the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) and sold the Benin Disco to Vigeo Power Consortium, the Edo, Ekiti and Delta states governments have protested, saying they would not allow it to operate within their domains.

The states, under the company name Southern Electricity Distribution Company, equally bid but lost to Vigeo which is partly owned by Mr Victor Gbolade Osibodu, a businessman.

The governors of Edo, Ekiti and Delta states, in a joint briefing, said “our states have invested heavily in power generation, transmission and distribution across the length and breath of our respective state as we recognised the importance of power as the pre-condition for socio-economic growth and industrialisation of our states.”

Delta State governor, Dr Emmanuel Uduaghan, who spoke on behalf of others, informed that their participation was based on the technical competence and that they had the consortium that is most suited to the peculiarities of their region.

He, therefore, stated that they would never allow Vigeo Power Consortium to operate in their states, because “you cannot succeed in operating the utility without the participation of the state governments on the ground, knowledge and relationships with the different stakeholders such as youths, communities, leadership. Our consortium possesses all these and no other does.”

Governor Uduaghan added: “Why would a company whose current service territory is 500 square kilometre be technically qualified to operate a 57,000 square kilometre service territory in an area like the Niger Delta Region, without any local knowledge of this troubled area at all?”

He added that the process was fraudulent and not acceptable, saying that for it to work, the host states need to be involved, adding that “we need to be involved and we are crying to Nigerians.”

Source
Re: POWER DISTRIBUTION: We Won’t Allow Firm To Operate -Edo, Ekiti, Delta Govtss by ngooka: 2:50pm On Oct 19, 2012
Let every state generate there own power, I listen to governor rochas okorocha on his lecture in university of nigeria nsukka and there I realize that our problem is in our hand, we are landlord in nigeria but leave like tenant, the problem of this great country is bad leadership, leaders without vision, let every state generate and supply power on its own
Re: POWER DISTRIBUTION: We Won’t Allow Firm To Operate -Edo, Ekiti, Delta Govtss by mrendowed2: 4:46pm On Oct 19, 2012
Yes, these states have actually invested so much on power generation and in fact have been generating huge megawatts of electricity but of course the parasite(federal Government) decides how to transmit nd distribute the generated megawatts. This is the major reason why the states do not enjoy d constant power they generate.
A typical example is the power station established by d Delta state government in Agbor.this station generates over 500 MW of electricity daily but even the communities around the power station are in darkness.
Secondly,if these Governors say that the bidding process was fraudulent, then they could be speaking the truth for a Governor like uduaghan know exactly what fraud means.(thief dey know thief).
Prior to this time, many states have been glamouring for the FG to allow them transmit and distribute the power they generate but the FG refused and thought (still thinks) privatization is the answer.The reason is not far fetched, they cannot afford to loose all the billions been offered them by these private companies.As we speak or write, the FG already know exactly how much they plan to realise from privatizing the power sector.
Re: POWER DISTRIBUTION: We Won’t Allow Firm To Operate -Edo, Ekiti, Delta Govtss by bokohalal(m): 9:50pm On Oct 19, 2012
Something really went wrong because the bid by Akwa Ibom,Bayelsa,Cross River and River states was accepted while all other states lost .The South East states are also claiming surprise at the outcome of the process.
Re: POWER DISTRIBUTION: We Won’t Allow Firm To Operate -Edo, Ekiti, Delta Govtss by Ozonna(m): 10:43pm On Oct 19, 2012
take dat: That was racketeering and not bidding. Emeka Offor is a guy who lacks credibility, how well did he his Chrome manage all the TAM contracts he collected or is it the Kastec gas pipeline fraud. Where did Abdulsalam get his money? Abacha's recovered loot. Gbolade Osibodu is simply a front man .All these guys are worse than the state governors.

Chei!!! SE states are doomed!!!

Emeka Offor's company won? Why

Hope SE states will protest. I pray so.
Re: POWER DISTRIBUTION: We Won’t Allow Firm To Operate -Edo, Ekiti, Delta Govtss by codedguy1(m): 11:06pm On Oct 19, 2012
In nigeria the absurd looks normal while the norma thing looks absurd to a very large extent. I am one that believes that some essential commodities like power should be provided by the govt to allow the pple have a sense of belonging, but the way it has been managed over the years we see the clamour for privatisation.

Recently some state govt have invested heavily in power eg lagos and PH and the truth if they are schemed out through a transparent process that would be unfortunate as we are seeing now some states. Which brings me to how tranparent the process is, I cannot for the life of me understand how Abdulsalami's coys would win 5 discos including ikeja and eko in lagos. we know how well lagos has invested in that area, we also know that power generation transmission amd distribution has never been associated with abdusalami. But his coys have won 5.

Pls someone shud enlighten me more, it seems am missing something in all this!
Re: POWER DISTRIBUTION: We Won’t Allow Firm To Operate -Edo, Ekiti, Delta Govtss by Ozonna(m): 11:28pm On Oct 19, 2012
coded guy: In nigeria the absurd looks normal while the norma thing looks absurd to a very large extent. I am one that believes that some essential commodities like power should be provided by the govt to allow the pple have a sense of belonging, but the way it has been managed over the years we see the clamour for privatisation.

Recently some state govt have invested heavily in power eg lagos and PH and the truth if they are schemed out through a transparent process that would be unfortunate as we are seeing now some states. Which brings me to how tranparent the process is, I cannot for the life of me understand how Abdulsalami's coys would win 5 discos including ikeja and eko in lagos. we know how well lagos has invested in that area, we also know that power generation transmission amd distribution has never been associated with abdusalami. But his coys have won 5.

Pls someone shud enlighten me more, it seems am missing something in all this!

I thot dat d essence of privatisation is to avoid/stop any form of monopoly? Now Abdulsalam has 5 discos,largest in nigeria and He'll monopolize everytin. If Abdulsalam sneezes,9ja power sector will catch cold.

If there's a time for senate to pass a resolution and GEJ led executive to obey the resolution, that time is now.
Re: POWER DISTRIBUTION: We Won’t Allow Firm To Operate -Edo, Ekiti, Delta Govtss by Gorillaunit: 11:33pm On Oct 19, 2012
Abeg no be madness be this?
Re: POWER DISTRIBUTION: We Won’t Allow Firm To Operate -Edo, Ekiti, Delta Govtss by Nobody: 11:39pm On Oct 19, 2012
No be only DISCO, na REGGAE.mtscheeew! All we want is 24hrs power supply.who cares about the company in charge of distribution? All these bad belle governors sef! They don't want life to be better for the common man.smh.
Re: POWER DISTRIBUTION: We Won’t Allow Firm To Operate -Edo, Ekiti, Delta Govtss by Nobody: 11:42pm On Oct 19, 2012
Ozonna:

Chei!!! SE states are doomed!!!

Emeka Offor's company won? Why

Hope SE states will protest. I pray so.

Wicked people. They scheme Bartholomew Nnaji who has the technical ability and professionalism to revamp the energy in the south east out for that professional criminal and portfolio manager Emeka offor.

Nigeria will never get it right. It was a simple case of compensating politicians and government cronies.

These Jonathan is a sorry a*se. He cleverly hands port Harcourt disco to his brothers,sold enugu disco to a criminal known for incompetence and further hands off the other vibrant disco to an old northern retired soldier. If Jonathan like let him sale Nigeria economy to the hausa man to appease them they will not stop bombing and destabilising his government.

Tomorrow someone will wake up and said Nigeria should divide when the economic power of the nation is been transferred to our very enemy willingly just because of political benefits.

Just country is sef...

2 Likes

Re: POWER DISTRIBUTION: We Won’t Allow Firm To Operate -Edo, Ekiti, Delta Govtss by Ozonna(m): 11:56pm On Oct 19, 2012
^^^ Lastapostle, u may not be far from the truth. Pres. Goodluck Jonathan has sold us out cos of fear or 2015.

Earlier today @ AIT, I saw the press conference and Oshiomole said that BPE gave their consortium 896 points and Vigeo got 857points. U see this wickedness!!!

For God's sake Emeka Offor has a history of not finishing/doing any contract/job given to him. This man is bad, very bad.

Well wishers of Pres GEJ abeg tell him to intervene.
Re: POWER DISTRIBUTION: We Won’t Allow Firm To Operate -Edo, Ekiti, Delta Govtss by akpumping7720(m): 8:50am On Oct 20, 2012
No mind dis yeye governors jare. Infact their respective state should be privatise and not only their corporations.
Re: POWER DISTRIBUTION: We Won’t Allow Firm To Operate -Edo, Ekiti, Delta Govtss by beespak7(m): 2:01pm On Oct 20, 2012
These governors want to keep us in eternal darkness it wont work.like the saying goes govt has no business doing private business 52yrs of darkness has punished nigerians enough . GEJ should use the hard obj style, utilise EFCC to put fire on the asss of any noisemaking governor especially that uduagan. Nothing must stop this privatisation proccess.
Re: POWER DISTRIBUTION: We Won’t Allow Firm To Operate -Edo, Ekiti, Delta Govtss by Default01: 3:02pm On Oct 20, 2012
I support d govornors and i knw dat de wold win dis if u luck at southern electricity it has evry capacity to do a gud job.dos states hav invested alot de bought abt 5000 transformers.escravos gas to liquid project was mad a reality bcus of all dos govornors.i tink d system is flawed,go to delta u wold se lyt in evry nuk and crany of delta bcus d state dis evrytin posible to conect it 2 d national grid
Re: POWER DISTRIBUTION: We Won’t Allow Firm To Operate -Edo, Ekiti, Delta Govtss by Default01: 3:02pm On Oct 20, 2012
I support d govornors and i knw dat de wold win dis if u luck at southern electricity it has evry capacity to do a gud job.dos states hav invested alot de bought abt 6000 transformers.escravos gas to liquid project was mad a reality bcus of all dos govornors.i tink d system is flawed,go to delta u wold se lyt in evry nuk and crany of delta bcus d state dis evrytin posible to conect it 2 d national grid

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Communal War Rages On; Nkerehi And Umuchukwu (a Village With Two Names) / Proof That Reno Omokri Steals Posts From Nairaland And Use It On Twitter / See What The Gun Men That Attack Owerri Prison Told Prisoners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.