Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,684 members, 7,820,386 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

Reconciliation: Winning Back Your Lost Partner In A Broken Marriage, How Easy? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reconciliation: Winning Back Your Lost Partner In A Broken Marriage, How Easy? (804 Views)

Pregnancy And Broken Marriage Plans - Please Advice / Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? / Children Produced From Green Card Marriage How Do They Feel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reconciliation: Winning Back Your Lost Partner In A Broken Marriage, How Easy? by tomakint: 10:47am On Oct 19, 2012
I am not too sure if what is obtainable in this world is anything to go by, but I have seen over the years and from events that have happened in many 'broken homes' that winning back a lost partner is almost a failure and most times if successful, the probability that it will still head for the rocks is high seems to be the reality on ground, why?
Re: Reconciliation: Winning Back Your Lost Partner In A Broken Marriage, How Easy? by Onegai(f): 4:00pm On Oct 19, 2012
I'd have said that, but I guess people can add pressure to the erring spouse's begging n make you take him back. A lady brought her niece to come help her in Lagos plus go to school. That was how niece started acting like wife to her hubby, in front of her. Neighbours began to gossip, so she got fed up, caused a scene. Hubby came and threw her and her kids out, and told niece to stay. 5 yrs of nacking niece n some other chicks, hubby came back to beg (with family, gifts and of course Pastor). She took him back last year. I don't know how a human being can treat another like that and she forgives him. There's no demon in the world that will possess you to forget your duties and be so shameless. Then expecting forgiveness and demanding that you be accepted back with love. Wow.

1 Like

Re: Reconciliation: Winning Back Your Lost Partner In A Broken Marriage, How Easy? by tomakint: 4:09pm On Oct 19, 2012
Onegai: I'd have said that, but I guess people can add pressure to the erring spouse's begging n make you take him back. A lady brought her niece to come help her in Lagos plus go to school. That was how niece started acting like wife to her hubby, in front of her. Neighbours began to gossip, so she got fed up, caused a scene. Hubby came and threw her and her kids out, and told niece to stay. 5 yrs of nacking niece n some other chicks, hubby came back to beg (with family, gifts and of course Pastor). She took him back last year. I don't know how a human being can treat another like that and she forgives him. There's no demon in the world that will possess you to forget your duties and be so shameless. Then expecting forgiveness and demanding that you be accepted back with love. Wow.

I was jolted after reading and still in shock now, just tell me that didn't happened! Ok?
Re: Reconciliation: Winning Back Your Lost Partner In A Broken Marriage, How Easy? by QueenAw(f): 4:34pm On Oct 19, 2012
Relationships consists of a whole lot. Trust, love, respect, etc. Like a string, once broken it can never be the same again. You could patch it back up, tie it back etc. But the string is no longer the same, it will become bent, shorter etc. You could try, but things can never be the same.
People can forgive, but very few forget. How can one live in love, trust, peace and happiness with someone who has hurt you so bad? Who has hurt you in a way probably no one else ever has? Therein lies your answer.
Perhaps it will be better if they both go their seperate ways for many years, probably see other people. If fate brings them back together again, the relationship is likely to fare better. After all, what better medicine is there to mend a broken heart than time?

1 Like

Re: Reconciliation: Winning Back Your Lost Partner In A Broken Marriage, How Easy? by tomakint: 4:44pm On Oct 19, 2012
QueenAw:

Relationships consists of a whole lot. Trust, love, respect, etc. Like a string, once broken it can never be the same again. You could patch it back up, tie it back etc. But the string is no longer the same, it will become bent, shorter etc. You could try, but things can never be the same.
People can forgive, but very few forget. How can one live in love, trust, peace and happiness with someone who has hurt you so bad? Who has hurt you in a way probably no one else ever has? Therein lies your answer.
Perhaps it will be better if they both go their seperate ways for many years, probably see other people. If fate brings them back together again, the relationship is likely to fare better. After all, what better medicine is there to mend a broken heart than time?

That's a nice one from you there Queen, you really dealt well with the topic, I like that!
Re: Reconciliation: Winning Back Your Lost Partner In A Broken Marriage, How Easy? by MrsChima(f): 5:48pm On Oct 19, 2012
There are incidents that occur that people have to be realistic in trying to convince people to stay when they have no idea nor play no part of the marriage.

Eye witnessing something chaotic is better than speaking about things you know nothing of.
Re: Reconciliation: Winning Back Your Lost Partner In A Broken Marriage, How Easy? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Oct 19, 2012
I ain't into leftover no matter how good it might taste.
Re: Reconciliation: Winning Back Your Lost Partner In A Broken Marriage, How Easy? by Onegai(f): 6:39pm On Oct 19, 2012
tomakint:

I was jolted after reading and still in shock now, just tell me that didn't happened! Ok?

Do not ever underestimate people's ability to always go for what they want, whether it is getting rid of you or begging you to come back. Nigerian women have been taught to endure any and everything. I keep saying, it's not the wives you should be worried about, look at the children learning the behaviour that they can do whatever they like, there will always be someone to forgive and understand and accept. Same reality in churches, hence no christian is afraid of God, because they have "claimed" forgiveness already before the sin. Same with relationships. The transgressor doesn't care about your feelings, they just want you back because you made them happy (at the cost of your happiness). So they will fight to mend things, and those type of people are the charmers. I'm yet to hear an erring hubby apologise because he hurt his wife's pride by cheating, they'll say "I can't help it I'm a man or the devil made me do it, or this is somehow your fault, but sha accept me back with the love you had before".
Re: Reconciliation: Winning Back Your Lost Partner In A Broken Marriage, How Easy? by Onegai(f): 6:47pm On Oct 19, 2012
tomakint:

And why are you shocked, lol? I know 3 separate cases of sisters fighting over the same man. One moved with her elder sis' hubby (they're still together), the other married her younger sis's toaster and the last 2 sisters were fighting over a guy who was toasting me while keeping his options very very open (I bailed). In each case, the men were charmers and cheaters.
Re: Reconciliation: Winning Back Your Lost Partner In A Broken Marriage, How Easy? by tomakint: 10:51pm On Oct 19, 2012
Onegai:

And why are you shocked, lol? I know 3 separate cases of sisters fighting over the same man. One moved with her elder sis' hubby (they're still together), the other married her younger sis's toaster and the last 2 sisters were fighting over a guy who was toasting me while keeping his options very very open (I bailed). In each case, the men were charmers and cheaters.
What! you lost me completely there! What is this world turning into, women can b dessperate attimes
Re: Reconciliation: Winning Back Your Lost Partner In A Broken Marriage, How Easy? by pendo89(f): 11:01pm On Oct 19, 2012
Love is like broken glass sometimes it's better to leave the pieces then hurt yourself trying to put them back together,
but one day you will find someone who will be able to put the pieces back together without even getting a scratch<3

Re: Reconciliation: Winning Back Your Lost Partner In A Broken Marriage, How Easy? by 190theclown: 11:05pm On Oct 19, 2012
Just buy salad and fried rice for her and she'll be back in your arms

please note this is only applicable for Nigerian girls

(1) (Reply)

Already Made Or In-the-making Partner: Which Do You Prefer? / Worried About Your Intense And Irresistible Libido? / Must Do's Before You Say I Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.