Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,752 members, 7,820,590 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? (9334 Views)

Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? / Celebrating An Icon - Happy Birthday To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome / Prosperity Bath Spell, Money Ritual (harmless) Step By Step Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by agohavivi(f): 9:35pm On Oct 20, 2012
As far as I'm concerned it's a satanic festival and a proper christian should not partake in it for whatever reason.

2 Likes

Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by chucky234(m): 9:36pm On Oct 20, 2012
Omo Alata:

LOL. He's so happy no be small. The poor man. I insist that he must enter our house at the stroke of midnight bringing in good luck with him. This longsuffering man will come in holding charcoal and bread like a lunatic grin grin grin
That's great,hmmm we are always hold in bondage by our beliefs,good you have a change of heart about your assumed first-footing.
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 20, 2012
Most people in Nairaland is always talking about being pro-God but they are the worst of devils when it comes to insulting their President. Does it mean satan is now an enemy of God, cos last I checked, both so called satan and so called God are in talking terms.
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Oct 20, 2012
What is halloween,it is like new yam festival cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Oct 20, 2012
but halloween's day is sane and fun-filled with scary carved pumpkins and lightnings.
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by Leobreezy(m): 10:01pm On Oct 20, 2012
As christians are we supposed 2 celebrate festivals dat have a pagan origin? Y'all should read 2 corinthians 6:15-18. No matter how innocent ur motives are, as long as God, in His infinite wisdom, did not deem it fit 2 include these celebrations in d bible, what gives u d inkling dat He would be happy seeing us merrying over a pagan festival?? Jesus Christ who is our quintessential exemplar never asked us 2 celebrate his b-day talkless of a festival with pagan roots. Would u pick a piece of candy from the gutter even if it looks attractive? THINK

1 Like

Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by Ignatio(m): 10:17pm On Oct 20, 2012
Billyonaire: Most people in Nairaland is always talking about being pro-God but they are the worst of devils when it comes to insulting their President. Does it mean satan is now an enemy of God, cos last I checked, both so called satan and so called God are in talking terms.

This reminds me of what happened before Job was struck in the bible.
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 20, 2012
could be.

but its just a useless and dumb holiday.
smiley
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 20, 2012
Ignatio:

This reminds me of what happened before Job was struck in the bible.
You mean Job's wife ?
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by 222Martins(m): 10:37pm On Oct 20, 2012
Julieccentric:

My brother,,that book is a must read,its an eye-opener, I read it while still in high school. Very scary buh full of the bitter truthh,
Exactly, and for those who are arguing in support of halloween, the choice is yours. If you think it's okay, then you are free to indulge in it. Remember the bible said that the canal mind can never understand the things of the spirit. Halloween is a celebration of satanism. In the spiritual world, it's called black sabbath. He who has ears, let him hear. I rest my case.
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by Leobreezy(m): 10:40pm On Oct 20, 2012
manmustwac: Well its all harmless fun as far as am concerned. Your just depriving your kids of their childhood. Christmas too originated from a pagan celebration and everybody celebrates that.
So should u as a "christian", celebrate something that has a pagan origin? Do u have any idea what "pagan" means sef?? SMH.
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 20, 2012
i saw the Halloween decor at chocolat-royale this evening...i guess its cool ''oyinbo'' stuff, but my church-mind got me thinking it was so fetish, like, am sure some christian customers would not like the idea of hanging skulls, ghouls, dark brides, vampires and all sort of fetish stuff. And those stuff would keep the Nigerian kids awake at night too, as a matter of fact, even some adults!
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Oct 20, 2012
^^now here is a rather clear cut example of paranoia of the highest order.
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by Leobreezy(m): 10:51pm On Oct 20, 2012
JeSoul: I don't understand the point of halloween.

And this is not based on the "it has pagan roots" etc etc or else there is plenty in our lives (christians) we would not celebrate at all. Not everything has to be "scriptural" before you ban or not ban it.
Yes it MUST be scriptural. Read
Revelation 22:18&19. Don't add your own ideas when its not in the bible. If its not there, then just know that its not relevant.

1 Like

Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by Ndipe(m): 10:57pm On Oct 20, 2012
JeSoul: I don't understand the point of halloween.

And this is not based on the "it has pagan roots" etc etc or else there is plenty in our lives (christians) we would not celebrate at all. Not everything has to be "scriptural" before you ban or not ban it.

My argument is on the surface, basic instinct - what is fun in the idea of celebrating terror, death, gore, blood, evil, horror, darkness etc etc?? I just don't see it. Our rational sensibilities would tell us that its odd - if not for society has accepted it as 'normal'. Someone will say its just fun for the kids to dress up & get candy - can't I give my kids candy without dressing them up in ridiculous looking costumes in the name of whatever?

^just my 2cents.

Applause
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Oct 20, 2012
Logicboy03:

I cant believe that I missed a chance to debunk Jesoul!

Jesoul is a christian that celebrates the brutal murder/sacrifice of a man Jesus christ. She goes on sunday to a Church that has the ghastly picture o a man nailed to a cross. Can you imagine the pain of being nailed to a cross?

Jesoul does all this ghastly things in the name of her religion, yet she has the mind to call Halloween "terror, death and gore"?

Jesus bled during his whipping and the placement of thorns on his head- gore

Jesus cried in terror "God, God why hast thou forsaken me?"- terror

Jesus died on the cross- death

cool cool cool cool

.......logicboy, exposing religious hypocrisy since 2012......

Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by adesojiaderemi(m): 10:59pm On Oct 20, 2012
For me I don't see any any diff. between our local masquerade "Ojuju Calabar,Eyo,..." and Halloween they are all from the grave.

1 Like

Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by 222Martins(m): 11:02pm On Oct 20, 2012
Sometimes, when i think of the pro halloween activists, i'm forced to ask this question: what joy do you derive from hanging skulls, and evil looking costumes on your doorway, all in the name of halloween? Does halloween glorify the name of Jesus Christ? I want you to bear in mind that every festival or whatsoever term you use, is a worship of something. Whether you are conscious of it or not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by Ndipe(m): 11:02pm On Oct 20, 2012
inurmind:

Poor kids. You can as well ban them from watching disney and nick and all the other kid channels since people say they are controlled by illuminatti.
Not even Dora the explorer is suitable.
Also ban them from celebrating christmas on the 25th of december since it also has pagan origins.
Then u can ban them from going to school because u never know who's who.
Please realise that inorder to raise healthy and happy children you should allow them go through the wonderful experiences that other kids go through. What memories would they be able to share with others and even your grand kids except ''Momma banned me from doing it. Never understood why.''

I mean, what harm has trick or treaty done to your kids apart from making them happy?

So, you are depriving kids of their childhood because they are not allowed to partake in halloween activities? (smh)
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by StarFlux: 11:35pm On Oct 20, 2012
I recetly asked myself this very question. I did a bit of research. The thing with Halloween which everyone needs to know, is that it nost likely has it's origination in pagan beliefs. Dressing up on Halloween is a way to avoid "dead spirits" or souls i I remember correctly, by tricking them. At some point, even human sacrifice might've been present. Now, there is also a Christian Halloween, which was originally in May (All Saint's day), but it is now 1st November. But, even the "Christian" version now is about souls that have not yet reached heaven and some may want vengeance. As you see, souls still wandering earth and "vengeance" are a bit problematic combined with Chrisianity.

As long as the costumes wore are represemtable and not overly over the top, then Halloween might be OK. But have a mind of pure thoughts, and don't let anything on this day corrupt you. I sometimes doubt if Halloween is something a Christian or any other person, apart from people following some pagan belief, should celebrate. When there's doubt, it's better to not engage in the act.

I could also be wrong and Halloween harmless, but I ought you all to do your research beforehand.

1 Like

Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Oct 20, 2012
Ndipe:

So, you are depriving kids of their childhood because they are not allowed to partake in halloween activities? (smh)

Nope! He is debugging the junk that wires your brain's hemisphere together and replacing them with quality upgraded spares.

There is nothing wrong in halloween as there is nothing wrong in children's day.
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Oct 20, 2012
StarFlux: I recetly asked myself this very question. I did a bit of research. The thing with Halloween which everyone needs to know, is that it nost likely has it's origination in pagan beliefs. Dressing up on Halloween is a way to avoid "dead spirits" or souls i I remember correctly, by tricking them. At some point, even human sacrifice might've been present. Now, there is also a Christian Halloween, which was originally in May (All Saint's day), but it is now 1st November. But, even the "Christian" version now is about souls that have not yet reached heaven and some may want vengeance. As you see, souls still wandering earth and "vengeance" are a bit problematic combined with Chrisianity.

As long as the costumes wore are represemtable and not overly over the top, then Halloween might be OK. But have a mind of pure thoughts, and don't let anything on this day corrupt you. I sometimes doubt if Halloween is something a Christian or any other person, apart from people following some pagan belief, should celebrate. When there's doubt, it's better to do engage in the act.

I can also be wrong and Halloween harmless, but I ought you all to do your research beforehand.
anyways, me i find those costumes and decors really creapy
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by thatchic: 11:54pm On Oct 20, 2012
@op I am really torn about this halloween thing. The school amps the kids up and then my neighbors go into this decorating frenzy. I still have my fears and superstitions but I also don’t want my kids to feel left out, so I let them dress up only in super hero costumes. I buy assorted candies and when I get home I throw away the candies and replace it with my own stash. My oldest is six but he still talks fondly about last year’s halloween.
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by Nobody: 11:58pm On Oct 20, 2012
IF YOU ARE GOING TO PARTAKE IN THIS FOLLY JUST MAKE SURE YOU DONT LET THEM TRICK AND TREAT IN WHITE FOLKS HOMES. THEY PUT BLADES IN THE CANDY FOR BLACK KIDS SO YOU CAN CUT YOUR THROAT AND DIE

1 Like

Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by Nobody: 12:21am On Oct 21, 2012
frosbel: It is not fun, stop them immediately !

Fucking hypocrite!

@Op According to a Church Father named Chrysostom (c. A.D. 344/354 - 407), All Saints Day, once known as "All hallows" and "Hallowmass," was celebrated by the Church to honor all saints, known and unknown. "Its origin probably lies in the common commemoration of martyrs who died in groups or whose names were unknown."Reference1 In the seventh and eighth centuries, the celebration was held in May in a Roman temple called the Pantheon which had been recaptured from the barbarians by Emperor Phocas and given to Pope Boniface IV. "No longer were Roman pagans gathering to pray to the goddess Cybelé for their dead," writes John W. Howe. "Now the Roman Catholics were gathering to pray to the goddess Mary for their dead.

You dig for more! Let em children have the TOT fun
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by coded042(m): 12:26am On Oct 21, 2012
no need banning kids from doing what others do....u can allow them go with other kids to hallowen party and be with other kids but u need to sit them down and explain to them what all these celebrations entail.....make them understand u allowing them becos they have to integrate but not to wear the costumes and take the celebrations back home, the hallowen should end in school and thats all, then u share the word of God with them, stressing y u are against hallowen and wat they should know and do.......believe me, u would be surprised at their reaction
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by Horus(m): 2:25am On Oct 21, 2012
Halloween is one of the most important dates on the Satanic calendar. THE CELEBRATION OF DEATH. According to the Satanic Calendar Halloween, October 31st is a night for Human sacrifice. (31 All hallow's Eve (Halloween): One of the two most important nights of the year. Attempts are made to break the bond which is keeping the doors to the underworld closed. Blood and sexual rituals. Sexual association with demons, animals and humans. Many strange deaths by car accidents, murders,etc are happening at Halloween. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that something sinister is happening that day.

1 Like

Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by Bright2(m): 3:50am On Oct 21, 2012
Well,to me it all depends on your state of mind before attending how ever,you can still decide for thh kids & say no to this as it stop them from gallivanting for more tomorrow.
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by Nobody: 6:23am On Oct 21, 2012
inurmind:

Poor kids. You can as well ban them from watching disney and nick and all the other kid channels since people say they are controlled by illuminatti.
Not even Dora the explorer is suitable.
Also ban them from celebrating christmas on the 25th of december since it also has pagan origins.
Then u can ban them from going to school because u never know who's who.
Please realise that inorder to raise healthy and happy children you should allow them go through the wonderful experiences that other kids go through. What memories would they be able to share with others and even your grand kids except ''Momma banned me from doing it. Never understood why.''

I mean, what harm has trick or treaty done to your kids apart from making them happy?

sometimes keeping kids temporarily "happy" has far greater negative consequences than we tend to accept.

Lets look at a simple example - all kids want a limitless supply of candy and it makes them happy... however is it in their long term interests to gorge on candy all day long? Medically it is not advisable.

Moral of the story - keeping kids "happy" should not be the primary goal of the parent as against raising them to be principled and productive members of the society. Part of that principle includes being able to decipher right from wrong even if everyone is doing it.

1 Like

Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by hrhobi1(m): 6:24am On Oct 21, 2012
Nonsense over sabi , ban kids from enjoying Halloween, I buys over 10 comic masks on my every trip to d uk during Halloween for the kids in neighborhood here in naija and till tomorrow they love me like their big daddy , cause i bring fun and joy .
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by OmoAlata(f): 7:08am On Oct 21, 2012
Silkmoth33:

Nope! He is debugging the junk that wires your brain's hemisphere together and replacing them with quality upgraded spares.

Blimey shocked shocked I was born in the UK and never heard such grammar before grin grin
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by Nobody: 7:26am On Oct 21, 2012
Omo Alata:

Blimey shocked shocked I was born in the UK and never heard such grammar before grin grin

See this Omo Ajegunle claiming born in the UK. grin grin grin

Blimey ni, Innit ko

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? / Ninth Circle Satanic Child Sacrifice Cult: The Christiandom Connection / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.