Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? (9335 Views)

Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? / Celebrating An Icon - Happy Birthday To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome / Prosperity Bath Spell, Money Ritual (harmless) Step By Step Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 20, 2012
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by Orikinla(m): 7:39pm On Oct 20, 2012
It depends on how you celebrate it.
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 20, 2012
I think Halloween is harmless as long as the pranks/tricks involved are harmless. I love the joy on the kids faces when you give them a treat, it is just priceless. I'm looking forward to it again this year.
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by manny4life(m): 7:54pm On Oct 20, 2012
VERY HARMLESS. Just because it has scary themes doesn't add anything otherwise to it.

If you're in the DC area, and you have kids, I free "BOO at the ZOO" tickets for your kids... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by 222Martins(m): 8:01pm On Oct 20, 2012
I believe there is something wrong with halloween. How can we celebrate the dead when the bible said that the living and the dead have nothing in common. If you can spend a few hours to read the book "He came to set the captives free" by Rebecca Brown, you will understand the true significance of halloween.

1 Like

Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 20, 2012
222Martins: I believe there is something wrong with halloween. How can we celebrate the dead when the bible said that the living and the dead have nothing in common. If you can spend a few hours to read the book "He came to set the captives free" by Rebecca Brown, you will understand the true significance of halloween.

For your sake, I hope you aint a christian or a muslim then becuae that would be one hypocritical statement

https://www.nairaland.com/1080087/re-halloween-christians-frosbel-omo
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by SisiKill1: 8:06pm On Oct 20, 2012
Lmao @ People getting all hot under the collar about Halloween. The same people who staunchly defend Nollywood and their witchcraft themed movies...movies they believe reflect "Our Culture"

Naija and hypocrisy sha!!!! cheesy
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by dayokanu(m): 8:14pm On Oct 20, 2012
Does Christmas not have a pagan root?

Is it not a celebration of the sun god?
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by plappville(f): 8:16pm On Oct 20, 2012
JeSoul: I don't understand the point of halloween.

And this is not based on the "it has pagan roots" etc etc or else there is plenty in our lives (christians) we would not celebrate at all. Not everything has to be "scriptural" before you ban or not ban it.

My argument is on the surface, basic instinct - what is fun in the idea of celebrating terror, death, gore, blood, evil, horror, darkness etc etc?? I just don't see it. Our rational sensibilities would tell us that its odd - if not for society has accepted it as 'normal'. Someone will say its just fun for the kids to dress up & get candy - can't I give my kids candy without dressing them up in ridiculous looking costumes in the name of whatever?

^just my 2cents.

I for no talk am better reach like this !!

1 Like

Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by dramenda(f): 8:20pm On Oct 20, 2012
Halloween is evil,u need to see my street now,RIP SIGN, COFFIN , SKELETON n stuff, we nigerians in united state dont join them in celebrating it. that day is when enemy target themself, cctv cant identify nobody cus of the custume n stuff.

1 Like

Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by plappville(f): 8:24pm On Oct 20, 2012
@OP, you have heard it, If you are a christian, protect your family from this devilish feast. "HALLOWEEN"

The society we live in today has initiated this feast in schools. But i thank God that My kids don't take part in thier feast.

I have made them understand it has no importance in thier lives so they are not to see it as fun.
They got some invitaions from thier friends, but i rejected the invitations.

I will take them to a better fun place while other children will be celebrating the dead saint days cool
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 20, 2012
JeSoul: I don't understand the point of halloween.

And this is not based on the "it has pagan roots" etc etc or else there is plenty in our lives (christians) we would not celebrate at all. Not everything has to be "scriptural" before you ban or not ban it.

My argument is on the surface, basic instinct - what is fun in the idea of celebrating terror, death, gore, blood, evil, horror, darkness etc etc?? I just don't see it. Our rational sensibilities would tell us that its odd - if not for society has accepted it as 'normal'. Someone will say its just fun for the kids to dress up & get candy - can't I give my kids candy without dressing them up in ridiculous looking costumes in the name of whatever?

^just my 2cents.

I cant believe that I missed a chance to debunk Jesoul!

Jesoul is a christian that celebrates the brutal murder/sacrifice of a man Jesus christ. She goes on sunday to a Church that has the ghastly picture o a man nailed to a cross. Can you imagine the pain of being nailed to a cross?

Jesoul does all this ghastly things in the name of her religion, yet she has the mind to call Halloween "terror, death and gore"?

Jesus bled during his whipping and the placement of thorns on his head- gore

Jesus cried in terror "God, God why hast thou forsaken me?"- terror

Jesus died on the cross- death

cool cool cool cool

.......logicboy, exposing religious hypocrisy since 2012......

1 Like

Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 20, 2012
plappville: @OP, you have heard it, If you are a christian, protect your family from this devilish feast. "HALLOWEEN"

The society we live in today has initiated this feast in schools. But i thank God that My kids don't take part in thier feast.

I have made them understand it has no importance in thier lives so they are not to see it as fun.
They got some invitaions from thier friends, but i rejected the invitations.

I will take them to a better fun place while other children will be celebrating the dead saint days cool

lol

Logicboy03:

I cant believe that I missed a chance to debunk Jesoul!

Jesoul is a christian that celebrates the brutal murder/sacrifice of a man Jesus christ. She goes on sunday to a Church that has the ghastly picture o a man nailed to a cross. Can you imagine the pain of being nailed to a cross?

Jesoul does all this ghastly things in the name of her religion, yet she has the mind to call Halloween "terror, death and gore"?

Jesus bled during his whipping and the placement of thorns on his head- gore

Jesus cried in terror "God, God why hast thou forsaken me?"- terror

Jesus died on the cross- death

cool cool cool cool

.......logicboy, exposing religious hypocrisy since 2012......

Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by manmustwac(m): 8:30pm On Oct 20, 2012
manny4life: VERY HARMLESS. Just because it has scary themes doesn't add anything otherwise to it.

If you're in the DC area, and you have kids, I free "BOO at the ZOO" tickets for your kids... grin grin grin
Its harmless fun but we africans who are still superstitous believe in witches and wizards will fear when they see their children wearing a Dracula costume, Skeleton Costume Witch Costume or a Devil Costume. If our kids develop any sickness or falls ill we will say its because of Halloween and send the kids for deliverance. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by plappville(f): 8:31pm On Oct 20, 2012
dramenda: Halloween is evil,u need to see my street now,RIP SIGN, COFFIN , SKELETON n stuff, we nigerians in united state dont join them in celebrating it. that day is when enemy target themself, cctv cant identify nobody cus of the custume n stuff.

Its horrible, scaring for little children who have no ideal of what it is.

My neighbor is a celebrant freak, she will boy some chemical liquid to mix in searching for blood, She will invite all the kids in the street for a party. I saw a video she made last yr, it was horrible. she seem to be flowing like everyone in the West so, for her is fun.
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by plappville(f): 8:33pm On Oct 20, 2012
Logicboy03:

lol

You dey grin abi? This one sweet you for body no be small grin grin grin
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by plappville(f): 8:35pm On Oct 20, 2012
dayokanu: Does Christmas not have a pagan root?

Is it not a celebration of the sun god?

To me, Xmas and Halloween are wearing thesame shoe grin grin grin
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by Ignatio(m): 8:35pm On Oct 20, 2012
Wetin concern Nigerians with Halloween? :/
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by dayokanu(m): 8:37pm On Oct 20, 2012
plappville:

To me, Xmas and Halloween are wearing thesame shoe grin grin grin

So why are people who celebrate Xmas with pomp suddenly condemning Halloween as being a Pagan celebration
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by 190theclown: 8:41pm On Oct 20, 2012
if halloween was done in NIGERIA

the real witches would intermingle with the fake ones and there would be blood bath everywhere

everything about Nigeria so backward undecided
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Oct 20, 2012
plappville:

You dey grin abi? This one sweet you for body no be small grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin

lol.....you are a joker
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by plappville(f): 8:44pm On Oct 20, 2012
dayokanu:

So why are people who celebrate Xmas with pomp suddenly condemning Halloween as being a Pagan celebration

They may not know the origin of Xmas because it doesn't look too feltish like Halloween.

Christmas tree and the pumpkin
Which one look feltisg to you?

Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 20, 2012
190-the-clown:
if halloween was done in NIGERIA

the real witches would intermingle with the fake ones and there would be blood bath everywhere

everything about Nigeria so backward undecided

There are no real witches
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by chucky234(m): 8:57pm On Oct 20, 2012
Omo Alata: Thanks. I've never thought it harmful as I know we don't worship satan in our house shocked but as I've started studying the word more and praying more, I'm beginning to doubt some certain things we've allowed. For instance, on the 1st of January, there's a tradition that a man should enter the house first, he should be carrying coal and bread and this will signify wealth throughout the new year. It's called first-footing. We've been doing this yearly, on my insistence, with my husband bearing the goodies grin However, I have banned it henceforth since believing it's not scriptural smiley And hubby is relieved cheesy
Thank God that Ghana man is finally relieved of carrying coal and bread for first-footing
lol
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 20, 2012
222Martins: I believe there is something wrong with halloween. How can we celebrate the dead when the bible said that the living and the dead have nothing in common. If you can spend a few hours to read the book "He came to set the captives free" by Rebecca Brown, you will understand the true significance of halloween.

My brother,,that book is a must read,its an eye-opener, I read it while still in high school. Very scary buh full of the bitter truthh,
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by freshdew: 9:08pm On Oct 20, 2012
Omo Alata: Thanks. I've never thought it harmful as I know we don't worship satan in our house shocked but as I've started studying the word more and praying more, I'm beginning to doubt some certain things we've allowed. For instance, on the 1st of January, there's a tradition that a man should enter the house first, he should be carrying coal and bread and this will signify wealth throughout the new year. It's called first-footing. We've been doing this yearly, on my insistence, with my husband bearing the goodies grin However, I have banned it henceforth since believing it's not scriptural smiley And hubby is relieved cheesy
It is of most interest to note that the most important day in the religion called satanism is ones birthday.Because satanists holds that each individual is a god if he chooses to view himself as one.Thus,to celeberate one's birthday is to celeberate the birthday of a god. It might interest you to know that the next most holy day on the Satanists' calender are walpurgis Night and "HALLOWEEN.Check for the root and implications of what you celeberate,they are not just fun-harmless fun.They have their religious implication for the various religions of the world.
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by freshdew: 9:13pm On Oct 20, 2012
frosbel:

Well, I am not perfect, nobody is , many of these holidays are steeped in pagan tradition with the involvement of witchcraft etc.

Honestly, every person for themselves but I will never let my kids engage in this stuff.

Blessings.
Thanks frosbel,very on point.
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by OmoAlata(f): 9:15pm On Oct 20, 2012
chucky234: Thank God that Ghana man is finally relieved of carrying coal and bread for first-footing
lol

LOL. He's so happy no be small. The poor man. I insist that he must enter our house at the stroke of midnight bringing in good luck with him. This longsuffering man will come in holding charcoal and bread like a lunatic grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Oct 20, 2012

You dont celebrate the dead but christians and muslims celebrate jesus and mohamed. How ironical?

There is nothing wrong celebrating halloween. It is only the remembrance of Atlantis.
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by OmoAlata(f): 9:21pm On Oct 20, 2012
ifeness:

It is only the remembrance of Atlantis.

Jesus I know. Mohammed I know. But who is Atlantis? grin

2 Likes

Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Oct 20, 2012
Omo Alata:

Jesus I know. Mohammed I know. But who is Atlantis? grin

Make your research dude. Atlantis was destroyed over 10,000 years ago. It used to be a huge city on the modern day atlantic ocean. The ancient traditions originated from there which includes,voodoo,ifa etc. it were an advance civilization that was destroyed out of greed. The story of noah came out from there.

There is a lot people need to know ........which the edited bible wont tell
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by OmoAlata(f): 9:29pm On Oct 20, 2012
ifeness:

Make your research dude.

I'm not a dude wink - just saying smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Many Prayers Are Returned To The Prayer Himself, It's Funny / Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? / Homosexuality Is The Most Disgusting Sin To God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.