Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,982 members, 7,835,292 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British (14992 Views)

Banned By The Ayatollah Again! From Today, No More Christian Bashing! / Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers / The British Spy In SCOAN; What Did He Find? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 11:32pm On Oct 20, 2012
Standing5:
^^ waiting for answer . . .

Calm down, I was taking some bashin and had to return some counters and one-twos!

Now, the remaining that dont go to church are still christians.

What is your point? There are many that tick that they dont believe in god not counting your cultural christians
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by seyibrown(f): 11:45pm On Oct 20, 2012
grin
Logicboy03:
Sharia courts, you say? What power and jurisdiction do they have? Hmm? Can they overrule British courts and their secular laws? They are mostly arbirary and can only be used when both parties agree.

Can you compare that to sharia courts in Nigeria or Saudi?
------------------

What best life? To be intolerant of atheists and agnostics? To hate gays? lmao? For women to besilent in churches according to Paul in the new testament?
------------------

Slavery is regulated in the bible and the same missionaries defended slavery. So shut up. Please read

http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/christianity/history/slavery_1.shtml
-----------------

Intolerance to unbelievers is the hallmark of religious morality
------------------

Rubbish. We have seen many countries drop the importance of religion and maintain decency and development. That is the usual trend.

Where are the 85 Christian Courts of limited jurisdiction to match in an 'equality preaching society' since you argued that religious morality was problematic?

Yes, slavery is regulated in the Old Testament but it is unfortunate that people in the past pulled the wool over your eyes to support slavery and commit barbaric acts. Were those slaves treated as prescribed in the Bible? No, they were not. Did you read the Old Testament rules that apply to freeing slaves? No, you obviously haven't. Do you know the Old Testament differentiates between 'slavery' and 'kidnap'? No, you obviously don't. The Old Testament does not prescribe the maltreatment of slaves. Greedy Africans who did not have the gospel or the love of God in their hearts kidnapped their fellow countrymen and sold them as slaves. Greedy Slave buyers who had the gospel but did not have the love of God in their hearts treated the 'kidnapped people' inhumanely!

Christ commands all me to come to him as they are (includes ga.y.s, thieves, robbers, rapists, murders). When they come to him, they will know to love and obey him. Those who love God and obey his commandments do not practice sod.o/my, theft, fornication, adultery, lying, murder etc. You well know Christ commands to love God and all neighbours. Watching my neighbour go down a path of ruin is not any part of loving him. Loving him is pointing out his error and helping him change. Christ gives us freewill and that is why you are free to choose not to follow him.

Decency is issuing contraceptives to 11 and 12 year olds? Innit? grin grin Decency is upholding the human rights of the offender and at the expense of justice to the victim, and his own human rights? angry angry

This world has gone to the dogs. Following God's commandments in spirit and in truth is the only hope we have!

Logicboy03:
Fail
My problem is not with the british but the religion.
Troll harder

Just found this confession of yours! grin grin grin Your problem is Christianity! Or is it Christ? You prefer man who believes he is not accountable to God (secularism) to be your Lord, rather than Christ. grin grin You shouldn't have brought Britain into it in the first place. You should have approached it like this: Nigerian Christians, why don't you forsake Christ to become atheists?
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by elampiro(m): 11:46pm On Oct 20, 2012
Logicboy03:

/basic understanding of economics is lacking. Not all European countries were devastated by the financial crisis.

The economic situation of some of these countries you are talking about are in resurgence!

What you dont understand is that these Western countries have had their economy grown to monumental size. Sometimes too much growth will lead to a crash and then stagnmation and then growth. An economic cycle of boom and bust.

Even at the stages of bust and gloom your African economy is no where near theirs

How dso you mean that basic understanding of economics is lacking? Do you know what grade I obtained in school and in what discipline?

Most countries of Europe are experiencing the worst economic and financial woes since the great depression, the leaders aren't sleeping and this has been a subject of debates in summits all the time, yet you are here trivializing it. If not for bailout, how many countries would have by now be bankrupt and cash trapped? In Spain, report has it that some senior citizens search dustbin for disposed food items. Italy has a record of several suicides. Nigeria may be poor, but people without jobs still survive by leaning on family members.

As I said, we cannot model our belief after some sinking economies. They are suffering lack of faith and it is reflecting in their lives. It is same lack of faith prophesied by the gospel.

As fo Nigeria not been able to measure up to western economies, you should ask yourself how old is Nigeria economy compared to the west?
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 11:53pm On Oct 20, 2012
elampiro:

How dso you mean that basic understanding of economics is lacking? Do you know what grade I obtained in school and in what discipline?

Most countries of Europe are experiencing the worst economic and financial woes since the great depression, the leaders aren't sleeping and this has been a subject of debates in summits all the time, yet you are here trivializing it. If not for bailout, how many countries would have by now be bankrupt and cash trapped? In Spain, report has it that some senior citizens search dustbin for disposed food items. Italy has a record of several suicides. Nigeria may be poor, but people without jobs still survive by leaning on family members.

As I said, we cannot model our belief after some sinking economies. They are suffering lack of faith and it is reflecting in their lives. It is same lack of faith prophesied by the gospel.

As fo Nigeria not been able to measure up to western economies, you should ask yourself how old is Nigeria economy compared to the west?

What does faith have to do with economics?

You want to model your economy on Jesus's Isreal that was run on slave labour?

You live in fantasy land. Even in Lekki where the rich live in lagos, try to go clubbing and you will se hungry area boys that will fight to park your car.

People are eating from dustbin on a daily basis. Poverty is extreme in Nigeria and you have the nerve to point at another economy?
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by SHOPPERS(m): 12:02am On Oct 21, 2012
@OP. One mistake you're making here is "generalisation". The fact that "most" British people are not attending churches does not mean that "All of Britain Don't"! It's not as if all Africans attend Churches too, or you no be African? Abi you dey attend church?

And I'm seriously wondering what concerns you about the fact that others are attending Churches- if you're not attending, fine. Leave others- you're turning yourself to "an Atheist Preacher/Fanatic!"

1 Like

Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 12:04am On Oct 21, 2012
SHOPPERS: @OP. One mistake you're making here is "generalisation". The fact that "most" British people are not attending churches does not mean that "All of Britain Don't"! It's not as if all Africans attend Churches too, or you no be African? Abi you dey attend church?

And I'm seriously wondering what concerns you about the fact that others are attending Churches- if you're not attending, fine. Leave others- you're turning yourself to "an Atheist Preacher/Fanatic!"

Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by seyibrown(f): 12:09am On Oct 21, 2012
SHOPPERS: @OP. One mistake you're making here is "generalisation". The fact that "most" British people are not attending churches does not mean that "All of Britain Don't"! It's not as if all Africans attend Churches too, or you no be African? Abi you dey attend church?

@ Logicboy03:

Is that a 'facepalm' of you giving up in defeat? SHOPPERS got your right there! grin grin! Especially with your confession as below:

Logicboy03:
Fail
My problem is not with the british but the religion.
Troll harder
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 12:12am On Oct 21, 2012
seyibrown:

@ Logicboy03:

Is that a 'facepalm' of you giving up in defeat? SHOPPERS got your right there! grin grin! Especially with your confession as below:

Seriously? sad
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by elampiro(m): 12:15am On Oct 21, 2012
Logicboy03:

What does faith have to do with economics?

You want to model your economy on Jesus's Isreal that was run on slave labour?

You live in fantasy land. Even in Lekki where the rich live in lagos, try to go clubbing and you will se hungry area boys that will fight to park your car.

People are eating from dustbin on a daily basis. Poverty is extreme in Nigeria and you have the nerve to point at another economy?

Now you ask the question about faith and economy. Lol. Where did this topic start from? You people wanted us to become circular like the british. You said the British who are more advanced have dropped christianity. Now, I am pointing to you that they are sinking economically. As a result they cannot be our model. We don't want to be like them. I am trying use same logic you introduced, otherwise I could have argued this from another angle.

To cut a long story short, it is lack of faith the west are suffering, we cannot follow them. It is in the bible that before Armageddon, many will grow cold in faith and there will be many false prophets and false miracle workers. We cannot discourage the people from believing in God just because people who first preach it have become so weak in faith.
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by seyibrown(f): 12:18am On Oct 21, 2012
@ Logicboy03:

I countered your misgivings about slavery in the Bible some 7 posts back. Please, check. Off to bed now. Sleep tight. Nice thread! grin grin
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 12:20am On Oct 21, 2012
elampiro:

Now you ask the question about faith and economy. Lol. Where disd this topic start from? You people wanted us to become circular like the british. You said the British who are more advanced have dropped christianity. Now, I am pointing to you that they are sinking economically. As a result they cannot be our model. We don't want to be like them. I am trying use same logic you introduced, otherwise I could have argued this from another angle.

To cut a long story short, it is lack of faith the west are suffering, we cannot follow them. It is in the bible that before Armageddon, many will grow cold in faith and there will be many false prophets and false miracle workers. We cannot discourage the people from believing in God because people who first preach it have become so weak in faith.

I was talking about human advancement and you mentioned that the west's economies are in decline. Does recession depend on faith?

You amaze me, anigerian claiming that Westerners are suffering. Have you looked at your religious country?
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 12:24am On Oct 21, 2012
seyibrown: grin

Where are the 85 Christian Courts of limited jurisdiction to match in an 'equality preaching society' since you argued that religious morality was problematic?

Yes, slavery is regulated in the Old Testament but it is unfortunate that people in the past pulled the wool over your eyes to support slavery and commit barbaric acts. Were those slaves treated as prescribed in the Bible? No, they were not. Did you read the Old Testament rules that apply to freeing slaves? No, you obviously haven't. Do you know the Old Testament differentiates between 'slavery' and 'kidnap'? No, you obviously don't. The Old Testament does not prescribe the maltreatment of slaves. Greedy Africans who did not have the gospel or the love of God in their hearts kidnapped their fellow countrymen and sold them as slaves. Greedy Slave buyers who had the gospel but did not have the love of God in their hearts treated the 'kidnapped people' inhumanely!

Christ commands all me to come to him as they are (includes ga.y.s, thieves, robbers, rapists, murders). When they come to him, they will know to love and obey him. Those who love God and obey his commandments do not practice sod.o/my, theft, fornication, adultery, lying, murder etc. You well know Christ commands to love God and all neighbours. Watching my neighbour go down a path of ruin is not any part of loving him. Loving him is pointing out his error and helping him change. Christ gives us freewill and that is why you are free to choose not to follow him.

Decency is issuing contraceptives to 11 and 12 year olds? Innit? grin grin Decency is upholding the human rights of the offender and at the expense of justice to the victim, and his own human rights? angry angry

This world has gone to the dogs. Following God's commandments in spirit and in truth is the only hope we have!

Just found this confession of yours! grin grin grin Your problem is Christianity! Or is it Christ? You prefer man who believes he is not accountable to God (secularism) to be your Lord, rather than Christ. grin grin You shouldn't have brought Britain into it in the first place. You should have approached it like this: Nigerian Christians, why don't you forsake Christ to become atheists?

Yawn......

The old Testament supports slavery.
The New Testament supports slavery.

Leviticus 25:44
"Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves."

Romans 13:1-5
" 1 Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.
2 Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.
3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you.
4 For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.
5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience."

Titus 3:1,
"Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good."

Titus 2:9
"Teach slaves to be subject to their masters in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them"

1 Peter 2:18
"Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh."

Col 3:22
"Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to win their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord."

1 Cor 7:21-22
"21 Were you a slave when you were called? Don't let it trouble you—although if you can gain your freedom, do so.
22 For he who was a slave when he was called by the Lord is the Lord's freedman; similarly, he who was a free man when he was called is Christ's slave."

Eph 6:5
"Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ."
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by elampiro(m): 12:36am On Oct 21, 2012
Logicboy03:

I was talking about human advancement and you mentioned that the west's economies are in decline. Does recession depend on faith?

You amaze me, anigerian claiming that Westerners are suffering. Have you looked at your religious country?

There is a connection between faith and welbeing. It might sound illogical to you because I have to make reference to the bible again. Every time Isrealites worhsipped false gods, they lost battles and fell into starvation or even diseases. Same when Adam and Eve fell. It is hard to explain, but I can tell categorically that that is what is affecting the economy of the west.

They have chosen false gods in sexual immoralities, abortion, homosexuality, fame, lust of money, power over love and worship of God. Now God wants to get their attention.

You might not understand because it is spiritual. As for me, I believe in hard work and prayer.

I want to sleep now.

Wait, can you define human advancement?
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 12:39am On Oct 21, 2012
elampiro:

There is a connection between faith ands welbeing. It might sound illogical to you because I have to make reference to the bible again. Every time Isrealites worhsipped false gods, they lost battles and fell into starvation or even diseases. Same when Adam and Eve fell. It is hard to explain, but I can tell categorically that that is what is affecting the economy of the west.

They have chosen false gods in sexual immoralities, abortion, homosexuality, fame, lust of money, power over love and worship of God. Now God wants to get their attention.

You might not understand because it is spiritual. As for me, I believe in hard work and prayer.

I want to sleep now.

me too....Ihave been arguing over 8 pages....I'm exhausted"
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by ektbear: 12:43am On Oct 21, 2012
The smackdown has been laid upon Logicboy:

Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 12:45am On Oct 21, 2012
ekt_bear: The smackdown has been laid upon Logicboy:

lol....u dey craze
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by ifebosco: 1:10am On Oct 21, 2012
how my eyes opened about religion,,,i was raced up in a very strong christian home, 10years ago i brought my parents to spain,(madrid)to live withme for some time and my mother usually goes to church every day for her morning prayers.so while going to church she made her own friends who speaks english.after about two years of attending church everyday she discovered that the church is always full up with people of her age.mostly retired and old people,so my mother one day walked up to the father and ask him this question.father please, why since over two years i have been coming to church and i don´t see many youths on weekly days for church activities??The father told my mother that, the youths are working building the their nation and the old ones are in churchs to beg GOD for forgiveness to their sins,my mother was confused with the answer. two months later i took my parents to visite vatican city,my mother saw with her two eyes how pope and his cardinals enjoylife.my mother cameback from rome more confused and filed betrayed by the so called catholic hierarchy.

my take on this mater is that, please fellow nigerians the opium that the whiteman and arabs brought to us to distract us from the real problem THAT WE HAVE is call ((RELIGION)))Until we free ourselfs from this madness call religion,we are going to remain under developED country for live.now is the time to ask our government to provide us social amenities.open your eyes brothers.GOD BLESS AFRICA

1 Like

Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 1:11am On Oct 21, 2012
quimbi: I'm not surprised abt d argument against christianity.its d end-time;its expected.so wateva anybody says abt christianity,I won't stop believing in $ following Jesus.. CHRISTIANITY IS AN INDIVIDUAL RACE.

You do know Jesus was a Jew and not a Christian, right?
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 1:16am On Oct 21, 2012
tevinsolt:

dude just shut up if you don't know.....the English bible was translated directly from the Greek and Hebrew (original versions) if you don not believe it you can hug a transformer for all i care

Go pick up an history book and stop wasting your life away at the Cyber Cafe.
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 1:36am On Oct 21, 2012
So, according to Christianity "Nigerian-Style", you can call someone a fool for disagreeing with you:

PastelChic: ha ha ha...if my style of writing..no wait, if what I am saying is beyond Your comprehension, all you need is ask for a simple explanation and no, i don't have to impress a bunch of faceless people on how intelligent I am...I only stated the obvious and thank you for making me aware that you are indeed another fool in the bandwagon...welcome to the show

Then Justify it with this? A Bible verse?! Lmao

PastelChic: Your rejoinder is so lame and infantile...adults are supposed to be having some form of discussion here...besides Psalm 14 vs 1 : The fool hath said in his heart, there is no GOD..if quoting this scripture, you find it an insult or curse, I will gladly crown you with the Toga of "the grandest of them all...now if you grew up in a Christian backround, and those that were supposed to teach you or help you shape your values in life were hypociritical, don't blame it on the rest of the world and assume all that believe in CHRIST, are hypocrites....that my friend, is an assumption even a fool will not make...now what was it the question you require an answer?

What a rich religion.

Oh, and by the way, my hypocritical friend, never once did I denounce ALL christians. Go through my posts again. I just know hypocrites when I see and hear them, and, oh boy is the buzzing loud whenever Nigerian "Christians" converge.
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 6:37am On Oct 21, 2012
ifebosco: how my eyes opened about religion,,,i was raced up in a very strong christian home, 10years ago i brought my parents to spain,(madrid)to live withme for some time and my mother usually goes to church every day for her morning prayers.so while going to church she made her own friends who speaks english.after about two years of attending church everyday she discovered that the church is always full up with people of her age.mostly retired and old people,so my mother one day walked up to the father and ask him this question.father please, why since over two years i have been coming to church and i don´t see many youths on weekly days for church activities??The father told my mother that, the youths are working building the their nation and the old ones are in churchs to beg GOD for forgiveness to their sins,my mother was confused with the answer. two months later i took my parents to visite vatican city,my mother saw with her two eyes how pope and his cardinals enjoylife.my mother cameback from rome more confused and filed betrayed by the so called catholic hierarchy.

my take on this mater is that, please fellow nigerians the opium that the whiteman and arabs brought to us to distract us from the real problem THAT WE HAVE is call ((RELIGION)))Until we free ourselfs from this madness call religion,we are going to remain under developED country for live.now is the time to ask our government to provide us social amenities.open your eyes brothers.GOD BLESS AFRICA

A thinking mind always find out the truth.

Cheers bro!
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by epot: 6:43am On Oct 21, 2012
Very simple, if the British did abandon xtianity for secular judgment,for those of you passing judgment, what has been your contribution to the nation called Nigeria?.
it is easy for you to sit behind key pads and spew out rubbish, if the British where lazy azz jungle monkeyz and sit back in their country,the enlightment you're championing will have been a dream for you, probably by now you would have been on your to the farm with cutlass in one hand and basket with the other.

Remeber, it is only a man who has not seen tribulation that thinks he is strong......... Ti iya ba pa e lori wa mon pe olorun wa.
Why I'm even wasting my time......off to church. U fit kill ur sef it e pain u o.
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 6:43am On Oct 21, 2012
Logicboy03:

A thinking mind always find out the truth.

Cheers bro!

this is my problem. Religion is more of a social exercise... atheism is quite clearly no different. I would be wary of trading one for the other while pretending to be more enlightened.

1 Like

Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 6:47am On Oct 21, 2012
epot: Very simple, if the British did abandon xtianity for secular judgment,for those of you passing judgment, what has been your contribution to the nation called Nigeria?.
it is easy for you to sit behind key pads and spew out rubbish, if the British where lazy azz jungle monkeyz and sit back in their country,the enlightment you're championing will have been a dream for you, probably by now you would have been on your to the farm with cutlass in one hand and basket with the other.

Remeber, it is only a man who has not seen tribulation that thinks he is strong......... Ti iya ba pa e lori wa mon pe olorun wa.
Why I'm even wasting my time......off to church. U fit kill ur sef it e pain u o.

Who are you to ask me what I have done to help Naija? Just because you cant take the first step to mental liberation doesnt mean that you get the right to tear down others who do.

How do you even assume that people talking about secularism are lazy azz monkeys? So much for your religious morality.
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 6:48am On Oct 21, 2012
davidylan:

this is my problem. Religion is more of a social exercise... atheism is quite clearly no different. I would be wary of trading one for the other while pretending to be more enlightened.

See this bigot.

Atheism is not a religion, neither is it a social exercise.
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 6:49am On Oct 21, 2012
Logicboy03:

Who are you to ask me what I have done to help Naija? Just because you cant take the first step to mental liberation doesnt mean that you get the right to tear down others who do.

How do you even assume that people talking about secularism are lazy azz monkeys? So much for your religious morality.

What is funny though is that this thread was set up to tear down others who remain christian (calling them irrational for one). Read the thread title... ironic how you accuse others of the very sin you are guilty of.
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 6:50am On Oct 21, 2012
Logicboy03:

See this bigot.

Atheism is not a religion, neither is it a social exercise.

your opinion bro. If you opened your eyes you would see the woods for the trees.

1 Like

Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 6:54am On Oct 21, 2012
davidylan:

What is funny though is that this thread was set up to tear down others who remain christian (calling them irrational for one). Read the thread title... ironic how you accuse others of the very sin you are guilty of.

Epic Fail!

There remains a difference between criticism and abuse. Calling an irrational behaviour "irrational" is quite different from calling people "lazy azz monkeys" with no justification.

False equivalence.

Troll harder!
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 6:56am On Oct 21, 2012
davidylan:

your opinion bro. If you opened your eyes you would see the woods for the trees.

Atheism is the simple disbelief in god.

How does that translate to a religion? Wait, you cant find fault with the atheist position and so you project the flaws of your religion to bash atheism. You are not the first or last to take this pitiful road down to hypocrisy!
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 7:05am On Oct 21, 2012
Logicboy03:

Epic Fail!

There remains a difference between criticism and abuse. Calling an irrational behaviour "irrational" is quite different from calling people "lazy azz monkeys" with no justification.

False equivalence.

Troll harder!

Lets not try to be disingenuous here... if i referred to your behavior as "irrational"... would you chalk that up as mere "criticism"? there is no justification to call another a lazy azz monkey... neither is there one for calling another irrational for the simple reason of private decisions that have no bearing on you.

1 Like

Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 7:06am On Oct 21, 2012
Logicboy03:

Atheism is the simple disbelief in god.

How does that translate to a religion? Wait, you cant find fault with the atheist position and so you project the flaws of your religion to bash atheism. You are not the first or last to take this pitiful road down to hypocrisy!

that's what you think. If it were just that then atheists would not be here night and day trying so hard to convince others of the validity of their point of view. You've been on an evangelism crusade here in the last 1 yrs... far more zealous than most christians... and you decieve yourself that you're not a religion? bro common now.

2 Likes

Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 7:08am On Oct 21, 2012
davidylan:

Lets not try to be disingenuous here... if i referred to your behavior as "irrational"... would you chalk that up as mere "criticism"? there is no justification to call another a lazy azz monkey... neither is there one for calling another irrational for the simple reason of private decisions that have no bearing on you.

If a behaviour is irrational and I call it irrational, doesnt that make sense? I laid out a clear and concise argument showing the failed rationalizations of being more "christian" than the British.

Jeez, try harder with your false equivalence!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Why Are Atheists All Over The World So Slow And Irrational / CAC Members Fight Over Church Leadership(video) / 3 Things That Take The Place Of God In Your Christian life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.