Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election (15852 Views)

Gov. Mimiko Appoints Lasisi Oluboyo As The New Deputy Governor Of Ondo State / APC Leads In Seven Lgas In Yobe - The Nation / Breaking News: GEJ Declares State of Emergency in selected LGAs in Borno, Yobe, Niger and Plateau. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by disdorm(m): 7:09am On Oct 21, 2012
LIVE REPORT OF ONDO GOVERNORSHIP ELECTION.......
....... By SaharaReporters, These are the election
results officially announced by the Independent
National Electoral Commission of Nigeria. S/N LGA
ACTION CONGRESS PARTY/ LABOUR PARTY /
PEOPLES DEMOCRATIC PARTY 1. Akure North 5,671 /10,857 /4,916 2. Akoko North East 8,693/
12,153/ 6,847 3. Akoko North West
9,138/ 11,675/ 7,847 4 Ifedore 5,522/ 11,062/
3,978 5. Ile Oluji/Oke Igbo 9,061/ 11,945/
6,521 6. Irele 5,066 /9, 435/ 9,341 7. Ondo East
2,750/ 8, 404/ 3,933 8. Ondo West 7,225/ 41,280/ 6,669 9. Owo Local Govt 17, 967/ 14,870/
6,058 10. Ose Local Govt 6,376/
11,071/ 5, 833 11. Akure South 11,955/
49,915/ 12,467 12. Okitipupa 8,495/ 11,968/
21,024 13. Idanre 5,111/ 15,990/ 5,923 14
Akoko S. East 3,330/ 6,316/ 3,425
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by Nobody: 7:11am On Oct 21, 2012
Laalamed: .tinubu is spoiling show for acn.like of adams and young politicians should take charge of acn.i do not know much about tinubu,but it seems people hate him absolutely.
You have a point. Tinubu has to take himself out of the political equation of ACN, he is a daint on the party.
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by Nobody: 7:15am On Oct 21, 2012
ijigbamigb: One sure thing is ACN would have defeated the PDP if both are left to face each other.
From the results coming in, seems ACN would have found it difficult to even defeat PDP.
lazbay: I'm sad that while Osun state is wallowing poverty, pple don't have money, Aregbesola still took our money to go & fight a senseless battle against Iroko in Ondo state. He has wasted so much of osun money on this election. But I'm so hapi & relieved dat Tinubu has been reduced to an ordinary man by Iroko. This is a great lesson for A C N. Propaganda & lies can't hold water for too long. Aregbe should be ready for d battle of his life come next election.
GBAM!
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by politician(m): 7:15am On Oct 21, 2012
ijigbamigb: I think Mimiko is the only one capable of countering the antics and politics of the ACN.
One sure thing is ACN would have defeated the PDP if both are left to face each other. But Mimiko is surely not a baby-politician. He really has the intelligence and political charisma to stand as a better opposition to the ACN in d entire south west. But my fear is that, aside Mimiko in dt party, the rest are onlookers. He's d alpha and omega of that party.

I wish him a successful second term, but he has to start grooming acceptable personalities if he wants to remain in power even after leaving office.
I voted for him simply because d other candidates appear unprepared.

Well said!!
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by slimyem: 7:32am On Oct 21, 2012
hahahahahahahaha...
Where are the ACN nairaland noise makers o...
You have been shamed!!!
Hahahhahahahahahah
Iroko jooor!!!
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by lanreni: 7:34am On Oct 21, 2012
IROKO stand gidigba! kudos to those who didn't sell their conscience.mimiko agbewao!!
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by lanreni: 7:44am On Oct 21, 2012
the IROKO stand gidigba! kudos to those who didn't sell their conscience. MIMIKO ati ONDO STATE AGBEWAO!!
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by Adeks(m): 7:46am On Oct 21, 2012
Imagine how those people have been insulting our dear governor because he refused to submit to their tactics! though i wasn't in Ondo state to vote, i am proud of my people. We are enlightened and we will never give thugs a chance to rule over us. LONG LIVE THE SUNSHINE STATE
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by Jjc2000(m): 7:49am On Oct 21, 2012
"Politics is how authoritative allocation of values are made and executed for the society". What i hate with acn govt is their employment policy. I think recruiting 20,000 youth and graduates wt stipend of 10k is underemployment because other govt comes in and sacks them. And another thing is dis 'Godfatherism' Lagos Oracle. Tinubu. The citizens are watching ,come 2015 there wil be more political changes.
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by Khayordhe: 8:05am On Oct 21, 2012

iroko jooor gbasibeeeeee..... Make i dey wait 4 my main man at alagbaka..

1 Like

Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by Idealkocep: 8:06am On Oct 21, 2012
Tinubu + Sw governors - ondo govenor = Tony Anenih. I dey laf muke-muke. Anoda topic pls.
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by takedat(m): 8:07am On Oct 21, 2012
ijigbamigb: I think Mimiko is the only one capable of countering the antics and politics of the ACN.
One sure thing is ACN would have defeated the PDP if both are left to face each other. But Mimiko is surely not a baby-politician. He really has the intelligence and political charisma to stand as a better opposition to the ACN in d entire south west. But my fear is that, aside Mimiko in dt party, the rest are onlookers. He's d alpha and omega of that party.

I wish him a successful second term, but he has to start grooming acceptable personalities if he wants to remain in power even after leaving office.
I voted for him simply because d other candidates appear unprepared.
Won't Mimiko be going the Tinubu way if he decides to spread its reach outside Ondo to other states. He needs heavy investment to do that and the only way to get fund for such project is to use Ondo state's money. Mind you Tinubu's woes started just like that when he wanted to extend ACN to other state he had to use Lagos State money. Let us thread softly. While basking in euphoria of Mimiko's victory so as not to create another godfather

1 Like

Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by FIRSTFOCUS: 8:13am On Oct 21, 2012
†ђξ fact is that Mimimo is using power of incumbency to win †ђξ heart of hungry citizen and that is Nigeria politics. ACN still have a lot of work to do before they could win that state, Akeredolu is not †ђξ right candidate for ACN, they should go and re-strategise against next election.
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by alphonsok: 8:14am On Oct 21, 2012
mimiko wil fail in d next 4yrs.mimiko s a bad governor wen it comes 2 performance n ondo shu prepare 4 fruitless yrs.ondo ppl r like a dog that want 2 get loss wil nt yield 2 d whistle of a hunter.good luck 2 ondo state ppl as dey continue in poor governance.dat s their destiny
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by Idealkocep: 8:15am On Oct 21, 2012
Mimiko has proven that he is incharge of ondo state. The Margin is wild enof to give him victory irrespective of the outcome of the remaining LG's.
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by flexya: 8:16am On Oct 21, 2012
FIRSTFOCUS: †ђξ fact is that Mimimo is using power of incumbency to win †ђξ heart of hungry citizen and that is Nigeria politics. ACN still have a lot of work to do before they could win that state, Akeredolu is not †ђξ right candidate for ACN, they should go and re-strategise against next election.

By next ondo elections, ACN won't av its current firepower
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by politician(m): 8:20am On Oct 21, 2012
Result so far.

15 LGAs counted and remaining 3.

The breakdown according to political party;

ACN 116,662,

LP 222,448

PDP 113,688

New Futa VC to announce the cumulative and final results!!

For political inclined individuals, can we have an intellectual and critical analysis of the cause, effects and back-effects of the polity and politics of this election (pls not mimiko vs tinubu blabbing)!! A fragmentation within the opposition!!

The appeal to pity of LP!!
The megalomaniac tendencies of ACN stalwarts!!
The role of PDP!!
the tricks and politics!!

Some of us know the two parties so well than to start blabbing mimiko/tinubu!! Let's analyse pls!!

The tale of a Godfather, Godson and the Principal!!!

The economies of regional integration as a tool for national relevance( towards 2015) ....( At least jona go pay more with 6 states)!

DK, prof corruption, demdem,PointB, gbawe, and other political minded and mature NLs!! Let's the info flow! Ȋ̝̊̅ am willing to learn!!

Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by takedat(m): 8:24am On Oct 21, 2012
flexya:

By next ondo elections, ACN won't av its current firepower
I agree with you. Who would have thought that PDP that just lost Ondo state 4yrs ago would have no Solid political structure on ground to at least test Mimiko's popularity. The problem with our politicians is that they are quick to dump a loosing party for the one in power.
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by politician(m): 8:27am On Oct 21, 2012
take dat: Won't Mimiko be going the Tinubu way if he decides to spread its reach outside Ondo to other states. He needs heavy investment to do that and the only way to get fund for such project is to use Ondo state's money. Mind you Tinubu's woes started just like that when he wanted to extend ACN to other state he had to use Lagos State money. Let us thread softly. While basking in euphoria of Mimiko's victory so as not to create another godfather

You nailed it bro!!

The tale of a Godfather and Godson!!

A new Godfather has just hatched!!

ACN should just count their losses and know they have been beaten!!
An investment gone awry!!

Mimiko--- a master at what he does!!
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by Nobody: 8:28am On Oct 21, 2012
I said it that ACN is not smelling that seat. Same way they won't smell presidential seat come 2015.
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by takedat(m): 8:30am On Oct 21, 2012
politician: Result so far.

ACN 116,662,

LP 222,448

PDP 113,688

For political inclined individuals, can we have an intellectual and critical analysis of the cause, effects and back-effects of the polity and politics of this election (pls not mimiko vs tinubu blabbing)!! A fragmentation within the opposition!!

The role of PDP!!

Some of us know the two parties so well than to start blabbing mimiko/tinubu!! Let's analyse pls!!

The economies of regional integration as a tool for national relevance( towards 2015) ....( At least jona go pay more with 6 states)!

DK, prof corruption, demdem,PointB, gbawe, and other political minded and mature NLs!! Let's the info flow! Ȋ̝̊̅ am willing to learn!!
This is very thoughtful of you, I would advice you open a new thread for this. It will be an interesting discourse.
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by omiobo: 8:30am On Oct 21, 2012
Why are you all speaking against A.CN? A.CN has done anything wrong? My happiness is that PDP is kicked out of SW. Mimiko has done well so he deserves to be governor again.
I will blame Obasanjo instead of Tinubu because Obasanjo sold SW to PDP while Tinubu bought SW back. Simple!
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by cheatguy1(m): 8:31am On Oct 21, 2012
alphonso k: mimiko wil fail in d next 4yrs.mimiko s a bad governor wen it comes 2 performance n ondo shu prepare 4 fruitless yrs.ondo ppl r like a dog that want 2 get loss wil nt yield 2 d whistle of a hunter.good luck 2 ondo state ppl as dey continue in poor governance.dat s their destiny
sorry bros if u call mimiko's govt a bad one then, aketi govt will be worsten aketi also loose in his ward .... 2 bad because in neighour and townpeople kn0ws he is not okey 4 d post if i may add dat aketi is not a son of d soil and let me add iroko dey try jooh GBAM!
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by Mcfemad(m): 8:35am On Oct 21, 2012
...and where is that bastard who left his state to interfere in Ondo's state matter- Aregbesola?
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by jude33084(m): 8:35am On Oct 21, 2012
CrazyMan: [s]I won't be surprised if INEC declears ACN winner.[/s]

I would therefore suggest that we keep our fingers crossed till the main results comes out.

Sorry mate you are still in ∂ stone age undecided

It was people like you in Edo state Ŧħåϯ were carrying τhe rumour Ŧħåϯ voters voice won't count Ŧħåϯ PDP will carry τhe ƉăŸ

Plzz wake up before it is too late tongue
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by omiobo: 8:38am On Oct 21, 2012

ACN 116,662,

LP 222,448

PDP 113,688

The role of PDP!!

Poor result for an incumbent governor.
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by jude33084(m): 8:49am On Oct 21, 2012
alphonso k: mimiko wil fail in d next 4yrs.mimiko s a bad governor wen it comes 2 performance n ondo shu prepare 4 fruitless yrs.ondo ppl r like a dog that want 2 get loss wil nt yield 2 d whistle of a hunter.good luck 2 ondo state ppl as dey continue in poor governance.dat s their destiny

Why are you calling τhe Ǧ☺☺ϑ people Ondo dog?
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 21, 2012
I have come to understand that those NLanders that wished ACN wins Ondo state are not even living in that state but it seems that everyone living in ondo state is in support of Iroko.

#ACNDAYSARENUMBERED
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by olaezebala: 8:57am On Oct 21, 2012
Southwest's libration from the claw of Tinubu has started. aregberascal-the only tout to rule a state is next. Their brooms are old and can no longer sweep well so we have to either throw such brooms away or burn them.
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by takedat(m): 9:04am On Oct 21, 2012

ACN 116,662,

LP 222,448

PDP 113,688

The role of PDP!!

The first thing I noticed from this election is that they seem to be a lot of voters apathy. One would have thought with the election fever that pervaded everywhere before the actual election, more voters would have turned out to cast their votes for a candidate of their choice.

From my own view this is still a good showing from LP. The mere fact that Mimiko got high votes in perceived ACN and PDP stronghold shows that the people of Ondo likes him.

ACN also tried even with all the anti Tinubu sentiment he still pulled a 100k plus votes out of say 500k valid votes. Not minding the it has more of a political novice as its candidate and it is a relatively new party in Ondo State (reasons for a long time they dilly dialled with Mimiko thinking he was going to decamp to ACN. Guess there started putting in structures on ground in Ondo just say 2yrs ago).

PDP just lost that seat less than 4yrs ago, one would have thought they should still have structures on ground. Some people from Abuja (ie Agagu, minister representing Ondo, Kuku etc) just didn't put things right and I think they had this problem of imposition just like ACN.

Mimiko himself stated in an interview that he co operates with the ACN governors when it comes to regional integration. Mind you Governors Forum has no political colouration.

The people of Ondo have made their choice
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by ijigbamigb(m): 9:04am On Oct 21, 2012
politician:

You nailed it bro!!

The tale of a Godfather and Godson!!

A new Godfather has just hatched!!

ACN should just count their losses and know they have been beaten!!
An investment gone awry!!

Mimiko--- a master at what he does!!

Yes that is what i am saying as well, that the Beginning and the end of the LP is Ondo State...and people should stop nailing Tinubu because every Nigerian politician is a prospective GODFATHER...Mimiko is the beginning and the end of the Labor Party and gradually building himself into a godfather also though a weak one. He is enjoying his ride now and isolation seem to be working for him, but it wont work for life...even in Ondo state because he is the only vote-able person in that party. The rest are just onlookers...

The ACN selection style did not work this time, but has worked before (Oyo,Ekiti,Osun,etc) and can work again, the LP is worst than ACN if we are talking about internal democracy as we only have ONE MAN in the Party and the PDP that encourages internal democracy produces candidates of questionable characters for the South West...

I voted for him because I know he has not performed so badly and it is almost an impossible mission to remove him from office. The easiest way to fight Godfathers is to provide the people with the dividends of democracy. FASHOLA would have won a second term even as an INDEPENDENT candidate without a party.

My suggestion, people should ignore these parties and just vote for the best persons in our elections...
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by olatunde1234: 9:15am On Oct 21, 2012
AMINSCO: Tunibu please stop deceiving d entire south west and the masses ,cos ur era is numbered .if u re truly a yoruba pls kindly accept
D ARE ONA KAKANFO OF YORUBA LAND
you want him to overthrow Benjamen Adekunle right?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Suicide Bomber Strikes In Chad Capital, Kils 10 / Ugochinyere Ikenga: Court Orders DSS, Dalung To Pay N20m For Illegal Detention / Yusuf Datti: Atiku Is An Ethnic Bigot, Can’t Unify PDP, Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.