Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,979 members, 7,821,419 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election (15848 Views)

Gov. Mimiko Appoints Lasisi Oluboyo As The New Deputy Governor Of Ondo State / APC Leads In Seven Lgas In Yobe - The Nation / Breaking News: GEJ Declares State of Emergency in selected LGAs in Borno, Yobe, Niger and Plateau. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by pheemmii(m): 9:18am On Oct 21, 2012
But Gov. Fashola of Lagos' case is different, try to have a taste of it..... Law & Politics goes 2geda, r d best.
torres2: Think Aketi should know that law & politics are two different field of life your been successful in law doesn't determine that of politics. Pple don't like you shikenah; if you like go to court na you sabi you go lose sotey.
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by bashydemy(m): 9:21am On Oct 21, 2012
ijigbamigb:

Yes that is what i am saying as well, that the Beginning and the end of the LP is Ondo State...and people should stop nailing Tinubu because every Nigerian politician is a prospective GODFATHER...Mimiko is the beginning and the end of the Labor Party and gradually building himself into a godfather also though a weak one. He is enjoying his ride now and isolation seem to be working for him, but it wont work for life...even in Ondo state because he is the only vote-able person in that party. The rest are just onlookers...

The ACN selection style did not work this time, but has worked before (Oyo,Ekiti,Osun,etc) and can work again, the LP is worst than ACN if we are talking about internal democracy as we only have ONE MAN in the Party and the PDP that encourages internal democracy produces candidates of questionable characters for the South West...

I voted for him because I know he has not performed so badly and it is almost an impossible mission to remove him from office. The easiest way to fight Godfathers is to provide the people with the dividends of democracy. FASHOLA would have won a second term even as an INDEPENDENT candidate without a party.

My suggestion, people should ignore these parties and just vote for the best persons in our elections...
Well said bro
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by Alxmyr(m): 9:24am On Oct 21, 2012
Its a call to the likes of Ayo Fayose to return to Labour Party and stop frolicking with PDP.
PDP will not fly in SW. ACN is gathering much hatred and stemming from Mimiko's victory, a rapport with Mimiko will sway people's sympathy to him.
SW always want to be seen as independent. Fayose will do better, if he start building his strong in LP.
Likewise, Ladoja should find his way to LP. This will automatically give him a better stand and an independent candidature free from PDP and Tinubu.
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by hassan123(m): 9:28am On Oct 21, 2012
d issue is that ACN was able 2 take over Southwest due 2 d poor performance of d PDP governors. But Mimiko is able 2 retain his post cos he is seen as a better option. Now, it will be difficult 2 defeat d incumbency in most of d states in Nigeria cos d current governors av woken up 2 d reality & av learnt lessons 4rm d bad experience of d past governors whose main concerns were 2 embezzle money. Also, now, rigging election has become d thing of d past. So, each governor is sure it is only his performance that can qualify him 4 2nd term.

1 Like

Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by Alxmyr(m): 9:28am On Oct 21, 2012
ijigbamigb:

Yes that is what i am saying as well, that the Beginning and the end of the LP is Ondo State...and people should stop nailing Tinubu because every Nigerian politician is a prospective GODFATHER...Mimiko is the beginning and the end of the Labor Party and gradually building himself into a godfather also though a weak one. He is enjoying his ride now and isolation seem to be working for him, but it wont work for life...even in Ondo state because he is the only vote-able person in that party. The rest are just onlookers...

The ACN selection style did not work this time, but has worked before (Oyo,Ekiti,Osun,etc) and can work again, the LP is worst than ACN if we are talking about internal democracy as we only have ONE MAN in the Party and the PDP that encourages internal democracy produces candidates of questionable characters for the South West...

I voted for him because I know he has not performed so badly and it is almost an impossible mission to remove him from office. The easiest way to fight Godfathers is to provide the people with the dividends of democracy. FASHOLA would have won a second term even as an INDEPENDENT candidate without a party.

My suggestion, people should ignore these parties and just vote for the best persons in our elections...

Ayo Fayose contested as LP candidate for senate in 2011.
Paullen Tallen contested as LP governor in 2011.
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by ubandire(m): 9:33am On Oct 21, 2012
Yes it's happening again,the fly that refused to listen ends in the grave with the corpse,Tinubu and his gang must be consulting salami by now,but nothing can ever help them this time,they have failed woefully,they have been thoroughly and mercilessly beaten and battered.The coalition of evil has been disgraced.

I am sitting glued to my devices awaiting the final result of the election,which is already another testimony to GEJ's resolve of conducting free and fair elections.Congrats in advance the IROKO!

1 Like

Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by politician(m): 9:35am On Oct 21, 2012
take dat: The first thing I noticed from this election is that they seem to be a lot of voters apathy. One would have thought with the election fever that pervaded everywhere before the actual election, more voters would have turned out to cast their votes for a candidate of their choice.

From my own view this is still a good showing from LP. The mere fact that Mimiko got high votes in perceived ACN and PDP stronghold shows that the people of Ondo likes him.

ACN also tried even with all the anti Tinubu sentiment he still pulled a 100k plus votes out of say 500k valid votes. Not minding the it has more of a political novice as its candidate and it is a relatively new party in Ondo State (reasons for a long time they dilly dialled with Mimiko thinking he was going to decamp to ACN. Guess there started putting in structures on ground in Ondo just say 2yrs ago).

PDP just lost that seat less than 4yrs ago, one would have thought they should still have structures on ground. Some people from Abuja (ie Agagu, minister representing Ondo, Kuku etc) just didn't put things right and I think they had this problem of imposition just like ACN.

Mimiko himself stated in an interview that he co operates with the ACN governors when it comes to regional integration. Mind you Governors Forum has no political colouration.

The people of Ondo have made their choice

What you have said is just the TRUTH!!
I worked with Mimiko campaign orgainzation in 2007! Ȋ̝̊̅ wrote articles for the partisan newspaper he used to flush agagu!!

ACN made a mistake of TRUST!! Something that does not exist in politics!!
Let's leave performance index, this election is about an agreement!! -- help me to fight my enemy, Ȋ̝̊̅ would join you.

ACN left ondo state out of the political scheme during the last election believing mimiko would cross carpet!!

Prof boroface + others could not renegade on the agreement, they joined ACN from LP!!

The prof days are numbered as a senator as a petition is on ground already!!

ACN funded mimiko's court cases, even used adaba Fm to counter OSRC!!

And ACN that i know( yes i do) knew it was a lost-cause, little wonder, they didn't even try to rig!!
The alleged riggers were all LP!!

The choice of akeredolu further stress the system of fielding technocrats by ACN!! Accomplished professionals in their field and that was a mistake in this case, olusola oke on an ACN platform will have closed the gap!! Ale was just too musch of a gentleman!

Jagaban taking the election personal too really fuelled mimiko' strategy of ''appeal to pity''.
Mimiko survives only as a one-man entity!!
A very good strategist!!

As for the apathy, some people were I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ a dilemma on who to vote for, others are just too scared to be seen voting the opposition!!

ACN played politics of brotherhood----- trust and investment gone awry!!

And bro, the people of Ondo did not like mimiko
,they are proud people who will rather have a bad son than bow to a foreigner,
they only hate tinubu, can't forget the Cocoa house issue and want to protect their oil from the so-called tinubu-company!!
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by politician(m): 9:41am On Oct 21, 2012
Alxmyr: Its a call to the likes of Ayo Fayose to return to Labour Party and stop frolicking with PDP.
PDP will not fly in SW. ACN is gathering much hatred and stemming from Mimiko's victory, a rapport with Mimiko will sway people's sympathy to him.
SW always want to be seen as independent. Fayose will do better, if he start building his strong in LP.
Likewise, Ladoja should find his way to LP. This will automatically give him a better stand and an independent candidature free from PDP and Tinubu.

If all this should happen as you professed,

And what would that make MIMIKO...... A GODFATHER too..

Just a cycle of events... One Godfather down, another rise from the ashes!!!
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by garrigangster: 9:52am On Oct 21, 2012
politician:

I worked with Mimiko campaign orgainzation in 2007! Ȋ̝̊̅ write articles for the partisan newspaper he used to flush agagu!!

Let's leave performance index, this election is about an agreement!! -- help me to fight my enemy, Ȋ̝̊̅ would join you.

ACN left ondo state out of the political scheme during the last election believing mimiko would cross carpet!!

Prof boroface + others could not renegade on the agreement, they joined ACN from LP!!

And ACN that i know( yes i do) knew it was a lost-cause, little wonder, they didn't even try to rig!!

The choice of akeredolu further stress the system of fielding technocrats by ACN!! Accomplished professionals in their field and that was a mistake in this case, olusola oke on an ACN platform will have closed the gap!! Ale was just too musch of a gentleman!

Jagaban taking the election personal too really fuelled mimiko' strategy of ''appeal to pity''.
A very good strategist!!

As for the apathy, some people were I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ a dilemma on who to vote for, others are just too scared to be seen voting the opposition!!

And bro, the people of Ondo did not like mimiko, they only hate tinubu, can't forget the Cocoa house issue and want to protect their oil from the so-called tinubu-company!!

Lamentations of Job
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by Alxmyr(m): 9:52am On Oct 21, 2012
politician:

Mimiko need not be a godfather.
The system is already divided against ACN.
People will not go back to PDP.
ACN is performing less than their expectation and more importantly, people are seeing ACn as another PDP in a new garb.
Mimiko election is the tipping point that another political strategist in SW can latch on and capitalise on.
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by takedat(m): 9:55am On Oct 21, 2012
politician:

I worked with Mimiko campaign orgainzation in 2007! Ȋ̝̊̅ write articles for the partisan newspaper he used to flush agagu!!

A very good strategist!!

And bro, the people of Ondo did not like mimiko, they only hate tinubu, can't forget the Cocoa house issue and want to protect their oil from the so-called tinubu-company!!

I concur. For ACN to still have a little appeal they most not challenge the outcome of this election if not that will spell doom for them. I'd expect them to be the first to congratulate Mimiko so that other SW neutrals won't see them as bad losers.
In the long run I see ACN, LP and some other parties merging. The only way to get rid of god fatherism is by having Mega Parties in Nigeria.
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by Tunmosh(m): 9:56am On Oct 21, 2012
Nice one! We should not allow someone or a group of people to determine our future for us
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by cheleku(m): 9:59am On Oct 21, 2012
dimeji2009dj: that is how it should be. To before warn is to before harm.
To be forewarned is to be forearmed. ....thats the right aphorism.
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by TJ3(m): 9:59am On Oct 21, 2012
God purpose be fulfilled in every state of this country.
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by omiobo: 10:02am On Oct 21, 2012
politician:

Abegi,leave all this Godfather bullshit! Do you know what it takes to be a godfather? Money!!
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by olatunde1234: 10:06am On Oct 21, 2012
alphonso k: mimiko wil fail in d next 4yrs.mimiko s a bad governor wen it comes 2 performance n ondo shu prepare 4 fruitless yrs.ondo ppl r like a dog that want 2 get loss wil nt yield 2 d whistle of a hunter.good luck 2 ondo state ppl as dey continue in poor governance.dat s their destiny
a dog that want 2 get loss wil nt yield 2 d whistle of a hunter? We that voted for acn in oyo state are now regreting

1 Like

Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by takedat(m): 10:07am On Oct 21, 2012
Alxmyr:

ACN is performing less than their expectation and more importantly, people are seeing ACn as another PDP in a new garb.
Mimiko election is the tipping point that another political strategist in SW can latch on and capitalise on.
This election is a warning to ACN governors that people will judge them according to their performance. This is also to ACN's advantage as they will start covering their loop holes and re strategise. The next election in the SW is still a year from now, I believe this is a saving grace for ACN governors now in their respective states to perform more so as to meet people's expectation.

1 Like

Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by politician(m): 10:13am On Oct 21, 2012
omiobo:

Abegi,leave all this Godfather bullshit! Do you know what it takes to be a godfather? Money!!

Let's discuss as mature adult pls!! Words like bullshit isn't really portraying that pls sir!

And you said it all, they need money to be whatever( stalwarts, party Big boy etc) and they will use the STATE FUND ( both ACN, LP, PDP)!

You made a very good point that other politicians can key into that to dislodge ACN and Ȋ̝̊̅ cannot but concur!! But for ♓☺w long can we keep recycling!! Why can't we just have parties with a fixed ideology!!

Once you are a member, your ideology is clear!!
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by garrigangster: 10:14am On Oct 21, 2012
take dat: I concur. For ACN to still have a little appeal they most not challenge the outcome of this election if not that will spell doom for them. I'd expect them to be the first to congratulate Mimiko so that other SW neutrals won't see them as bad losers.
In the long run I see ACN, LP and some other parties merging. The only way to get rid of god fatherism is by having Mega Parties in Nigeria.
The AC-HEN and LP can't merge. Darkness and Light can't work together
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by politician(m): 10:18am On Oct 21, 2012
Alxmyr:

Ȋ̝̊̅ am willing to learn from you sir!!

PDP is still winning is some area I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ lagos and accord party is very strong I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ oyo state!!

Dislodging ACN won't really bring an end to bad governance just a respite!!
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by politician(m): 10:22am On Oct 21, 2012
garri_gangster:

When you wrote ''lamentation of job''. Ȋ̝̊̅ wanted to reply! But this statement just gave you away sir!!

I am not an ACN member and i have attacked tinubu's megalomaniac moves severally, even got a ban for it!!

I analysed and predicted this victory on NL here! So if you don't mind, let's discuss as adult!!
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by takedat(m): 10:27am On Oct 21, 2012
garri_gangster:
All political parties are the same but with different individuals. My only reason for them to merge is because we can't keep creating god fathers in the SW and so that Tinubu's power can be usurped. The people in LP today were in AD the day before and PDP yesterday. Politicians are all the same all they need is a platform
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by politician(m): 10:38am On Oct 21, 2012
take dat: All political parties are the same but with different individuals. My only reason for them to merge is because we can't keep creating god fathers in the SW and so that Tinubu's power can be usurped. The people in LP today were in AD the day before and PDP yesterday. Politicians are all the same all they need is a platform

Like i said sir!! The discussion is for mature minds and adult!!

Pls ask him, where is the former ondo state chairman of LP -- olaiya oni!!

Carrying an ACN membership card!!

Senator Prof boroface -- LP -ACN

And mimiko too was. AD -- PDP--LP

Ȋ̝̊̅ won't mention the jumpology to PDP!!

The problem is with the system!! We often vote parties out hoping for a change and they just turn out to be the same!!
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by omiobo: 10:49am On Oct 21, 2012
politician:

Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by garrigangster: 11:08am On Oct 21, 2012
politician:

Like i said sir!! The discussion is for mature minds and adult!!

Pls ask him, where is the former ondo state chairman of LP -- olaiya oni!!

Carrying an ACN membership card!!

Senator Prof boroface -- LP -ACN

And mimiko too was. AD -- PDP--LP

Ȋ̝̊̅ won't mention the jumpology to PDP!!

The problem is with the system!! We often vote parties out hoping for a change and they just turn out to be the same!!
And u just had to insult me cos I choose to face opposite sides? Fair enough Mr Adult
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by mancol(m): 11:09am On Oct 21, 2012
I am begining to be impressed by the new observed face of Nigeria elections. I am equally thrilled as well as enthralled by the unannounced return of voting power of the electorate.
The asset in voters' card has surely been reviewed upwards. I can see why I have to regret for the disdain regard I had for the one I reluctanctly obtained. Who says the status quo wont change in Nigeria someday?
I am not a prophet. I have'nt prophesized and yet not trying to do so here. But, I foresee this little voters card of ours becoming more powerful and indeed working greater magics subsequently.
My advice is that everyone should guard his/hers jealously. I foresee this card serving as a collateral someday! I cant wait for dawn to negotiate with my bank manager on the modalities of safeguarding mine in his bank's custody!!! I am serious though.
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by omiobo: 11:32am On Oct 21, 2012
From the onset,PDP didn't have political structure in SW. As far as PDP is kicked out,I'm happy.
I'm not a member of A.CN,but I so much cherish their strong ideology to stand against PDP. Hadn't been Tinubu is not strong enough to stand against PDP,mimiko won't be where he is today. Tinubu fought for him to retain his mandate.
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 21, 2012
CrazyMan: I won't be surprised if INEC declears ACN winner.

I would therefore suggest that we keep our fingers crossed till the main results comes out.

That will definitely be crazy like your name implies grin grin grin grin
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 21, 2012
Maxymilliano: Failure is indeed an orphan, where are the online voters who were screaming Aketi for governor few weeks ago?

The era of propaganda is over and this should served as lessons to Tinubu and his Asiwaju Corporation of Nincompoop, you can't force your will on people.

The expected outcome of the election will sure prove to the whole world that Tinubu is just a human afterall, and not a god.

What a waste of time and money for Tinubu, what a misadventure, what a way to be demystified.

I have asked the same question too. ACN apologists have disappeared cos the shame is too much to bear or probably they are at Bourdillon consoling the godfather! grin grin grin
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by olaezebala: 12:17pm On Oct 21, 2012
Can't believe PDP even have more votes than A-Sh*t-Hen. Osun state is next. Bye bye to looters using Awo's name to loot southwest. Oh my Osun people, time to librate urself from their claws. If Ondo can do it, u can do it too
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 21, 2012
omiobo: From the onset,PDP didn't have political structure in SW. As far as PDP is kicked out,I'm happy.
I'm not a member of A.CN,but I so much cherish their strong ideology to stand against PDP. Hadn't been Tinubu is not strong enough to stand against PDP,mimiko won't be where he is today. Tinubu fought for him to retain his mandate.

There are no permanent friends nor enemies in politics but permanent INTERESTS!
Re: Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 21, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Does Southeast Have Most Tall Residential Buildings? / Corruption Allegation Against Me Is Without Proof — Amaechi / Kokori, N-delta APC Leaders Stoking My Row With EFCC —tompolo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.