Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,697 members, 7,862,196 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:58 AM

Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! (14713 Views)

Obiano Sacks Aide Over Jonathan’s Re-Election Jingle / Anambra Election Protesters Are Not Igbos – Obi’s Aide / Okorocha, Umeh Are Ingrates — Obi’s Aide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by onomeasike: 3:04am On Oct 21, 2012
[b]Okorocha punches Governor Obi’s aide over seat

October 21, 2012 by OZIOMA UBABUKOH 9 Comments

Governor Rochas Okorocha
| credits:

Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State on Saturday punched a protocol officer who refused to allow him sit on a chair reserved for the Anambra State Governor, Mr. Peter Obi, at the 80th birthday celebration of former vice president, Chief Alex Ekwueme, in Enugu.

The incident occurred 20 minutes before most of the invited guests arrived.

SUNDAY PUNCH learnt that the seater was reserved for the host Governor, Mr. Sullivan Chime and Obi. The Deputy Governor, Mr. Sunday Onyebuchi, represented Chime who is still out of the country.

The protocol officer, Mr. Ifeanyi Onukuba, who works with Obi, was shocked at Okorocha’s action and before he could recover from it, a police officer attached to the Bomb Disposal Unit in Anambra State, Mr. Felix Alumona, pushed Okorocha when he was removing the tag bearing Obi’s name from the seat.

Our correspondent observed that Okorocha’s Aide de Camp, Gabriel Onu, immediately pounced on Alumona, hitting and tearing his uniform, while other security details attached to the Imo governor joined in the scuffle.

Sensing that the matter was beginning to attract people, Okorocha quickly waded in, saying, “Hey, please stop the fight! Let us not fight over an ordinary seat. I will share the seat with Peter Obi.”

Minutes after the fracas, Okorocha’s aides grumbled saying, “Why is it that anywhere we go, they always reserve a special seat for Obi. Is Okorocha not the leader of Ndigbo?”

When Obi arrived, he squeezed himself in the couch, sitting between Onyebuchi and Okorocha.[/b]

http://www.punchng.com/news/okorocha-punches-governor-obis-aide-over-seat/
Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by onomeasike: 3:09am On Oct 21, 2012
double post

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by onomeasike: 3:09am On Oct 21, 2012
the blood of the children starved by biafran soldiers at work.the ibos should await more calamity until they atone for the innocent civilians killed by starvation by biafran soldiers!!yeye

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by floriana(m): 3:36am On Oct 21, 2012
These south-east governors are a big disgrace. The last time I fought over a seat was when I was in the primary school. And looking back now, I always laughed at the foolishness of that action. Now in 2012, governors are fighting over seats? Have they so embezzled all the money that there is none remaining to purchase an additional cheap couch? SMH

6 Likes

Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by kenbee(f): 3:36am On Oct 21, 2012
I reserve my comment till I see and verify the link.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by Nobody: 4:47am On Oct 21, 2012
Interesting!
Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by SlyIg(f): 5:35am On Oct 21, 2012
And so? What less can you expect from our leaders.
Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by Maxymilliano(m): 6:46am On Oct 21, 2012
Achebe may not be far from the truth this time, the problem with the Igboman is Arrogance, coupled with self-righteousness.

I can't but agree with that assertion.

5 Likes

Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by eduson55(m): 7:00am On Oct 21, 2012
copy cat...
double post..
N/l MODERATORS
Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by CrazyMan(m): 7:00am On Oct 21, 2012
Rochas over reacted. Reserving a set for peter obi is no big deal. I'm very disappointed on how personal he took the whole thing.
Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by Nobody: 7:04am On Oct 21, 2012
if i say ibos are silly tribes,people go talk say i don start again.

why on earth,should someone fight over chair?
it shows the stupidity,and uncalled arrogance of the leaders of the dejected tribe called ibos.

it can never happen in a yoruba gathering..

i wonder,why the flood didnt flush the eastern part from the map of Nigeria.

silly tribe.

11 Likes

Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by mattsteve(f): 7:04am On Oct 21, 2012
Yeah yeah...they are actually displaying their talents.who cares
Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by ihebrooke(m): 7:06am On Oct 21, 2012
Very Shameful, if true.
Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by Nobody: 7:06am On Oct 21, 2012
If this story's true, pretty embarassing and disappointed..

unless maybe dem been dey play Musical chairs..
Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by Nobody: 7:07am On Oct 21, 2012
Yomieluv: if i say ibos are silly tribes,people go talk say i don start again.

it shows the stupidity,and uncalled arrogance of the leaders of the dejected tribe called ibos.

silly tribe.
I salute your intelligence and selflessness.. You're indeed a shining beacon of hope,peace and love.. May the Almighty continue to bless you abundantly

12 Likes

Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by ihebrooke(m): 7:14am On Oct 21, 2012

silly tribe.

You are just silly. Where in the world would people not behave unseemingly?

You wonder why the flood didn't flush the eastern part.

Do you think that it is only the ibos that occupy the eastern part. Most of your brothers are here too. Foolish thought pattern.

9 Likes

Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by esteemedconcept: 7:21am On Oct 21, 2012

silly tribe.

I have neva in my life seen sum1 as dumb and stupid as u.. Its ur likes dat started dis boko haram issue in d north.. Wat makes u feel ur tribe is beta dan any tribe in dis Country? Am sure poverty is frustrating u and ur family so ur looking for were to transfer ur frustration.. Pls go get a life.. Asshole..

27 Likes

Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by bashr8: 7:21am On Oct 21, 2012
ihebrooke:

You are just silly. Where in the world would people not behave unseemingly?

You wonder why the flood didn't flush the eastern part.

Do you think that it is only the ibos that occupy the eastern part. Most of your brothers are here too. Foolish thought pattern.
hapu ndi iberibe ka ha na eme ka ozu nwulu anwu

6 Likes

Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by Nobody: 7:24am On Oct 21, 2012
musKeeto:
I salute your intelligence and selflessness.. You're indeed a shining beacon of hope,peace and love.. May the Almighty continue to bless you abundantly
Amen,no mind those riffraffs called ibos.
God made a mistake by creating that tribe.

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by ayansegun: 7:25am On Oct 21, 2012
Rochas Okorocha disappointed me big tym.
Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by cheleku(m): 7:26am On Oct 21, 2012
onomeasike: the blood of the children starved by biafran soldiers at work.the ibos should await more calamity until they atone for the innocent civilians killed by starvation by biafran soldiers!!yeye

How in any way is this a calamity? That some persons puportedly had a scuffle over a seat,and all of a sudden it becomes a calamity. It's either you're a junkie or you're burning with so much hatred and jealousy over not being an Igbo. And I much suspect the latter. Either way, go hug a transformer!

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 21, 2012
Yomieluv:

Does it matter? You wont find dem in their states anyway. Most of them are immigrants.

musKeeto:

Lmao grin grin grin
Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by mrhansome12(m): 7:34am On Oct 21, 2012
Yomieluv: Amen,no mind those riffraffs called ibos.
A tribe dat is beta dan ur tribe foolish goat ewu npama

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by Nobody: 7:37am On Oct 21, 2012
if ur silly tribe is better than mine,what are u doing on my land,ode
mrhansome12: A tribe dat is beta dan ur tribe foolish goat ewu npama

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by jamp: 7:42am On Oct 21, 2012

How can u say God made mistake by creating the igbo, the most industrious tribe in d whole wide world. Mind how u talk about God the creator before he wipes ur tribe out from dis world. Remember he said I will bless those who bless u and curse those who curse u.

Be guided accordingly

6 Likes

Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by bashr8: 7:45am On Oct 21, 2012
and yet some people will call achebe a tribalist for pointing out the obvious, bunch of bitter bastards, the more you hate the more we deal with you economically
Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by jamp: 7:46am On Oct 21, 2012
Yomieluv: if ur silly tribe is better than mine,what are u doing on my land,ode

Did I hear u say ur land? Who develop ur land? Igbos own 80% of ur land.keep quite and contribute wisely instead of making urself look stupid

Be guided accordingly

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by bashr8: 7:46am On Oct 21, 2012
Yomieluv: if ur silly tribe is better than mine,what are u doing on my land,ode
common sense is not common but i wont educate you, keep wallowing in ignorance after all its to our own benefit that your ignorant and st upid.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by pastormmadu(m): 7:46am On Oct 21, 2012

silly tribe.

This is why I wonder if Ʊ yorubas are really created by God. ♓☺w d Ʊ ppl think? Y must Ʊ guys bring tribe into everything? Make una change oooooo. Tufiakwa, ihe dika unu adikwala. Ʊ ppl are all disgrace, including U̶̲̥̅̊я father, Awolowo(Rat poison man)

4 Likes

Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 21, 2012
You mean God makes mistakes ? Getting interesting.
Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by yertyr(m): 7:48am On Oct 21, 2012

silly tribe.
two things: either u're high on some gas fumes or simply stupid... Y don't u name u tribe and i wud giv u 10 public flaws commited.
Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by Sealeddeal(m): 7:50am On Oct 21, 2012
Igbos are competitive in nature.No respect for anyone except God.however,Okorocha should not dare Anambra.i will be saddened by that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Electricity Tariff Will Come Down Same Way SIM Cards, Phones Did - Adelabu / Bama:Military Orders Arrest Of General For Running Into Bush With Troops In Fear / Residents Of Mafa, Borno State Return To Their Homes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.