Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,392 members, 7,861,096 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:17 AM

Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! (14711 Views)

Obiano Sacks Aide Over Jonathan’s Re-Election Jingle / Anambra Election Protesters Are Not Igbos – Obi’s Aide / Okorocha, Umeh Are Ingrates — Obi’s Aide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 21, 2012
Omen100:

He or she owned nobody nothing & for those that are mad with his/her comment can visit Yaba left, that is for those that reside in lagos & those outside lagos can make use of Uselu cognitive medical facility in Benin city, the Edo state capital, stupid & arrogant thwarts.
Someone blasphemed against God by calling His creation mistake and wished death on people without reason and you're defending him?
Because of his senselessness some I.diots are also cursing other peoples tribe and you're cool with it. What a shame!
Seriously there shld be some sort of age restriction to this website.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by Chuksaluta(m): 1:28pm On Oct 21, 2012
Yomieluv: if i say ibos are silly tribes,people go talk say i don start again.

why on earth,should someone fight over chair?
it shows the stupidity,and uncalled arrogance of the leaders of the dejected tribe called ibos.

it can never happen in a yoruba gathering..

i wonder,why the flood didnt flush the eastern part from the map of Nigeria.

silly tribe.

I think this is a racist comment, I wonder what the moderators are doing. As for the poster, you are a fooolish coward. I bet you can't say this in your office or in public... You just choose a faceless forum to say trash.
I have been in nairaland for over 5years now and have started noticing that most of the threads are opened for igbo trashing. The homepage used to be informative, but this days its just a mixture of topics from lindaikejis blog and rascist threads.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by Josh316(m): 2:02pm On Oct 21, 2012
onomeasike: the blood of the children starved by biafran soldiers at work.the ibos should await more calamity until they atone for the innocent civilians killed by starvation by biafran soldiers!!yeye

Simply put, YOU ARE A WANKED OUT BASTARD... Your father Awo(Frog) didnt do much to give you a brain afterall angry
Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by Omen100(m): 2:34pm On Oct 21, 2012
Josh316:

Simply put, "YOU ARE A WANKED OUT BASTARD"... Your father Awo(Frog) didnt do much to give you a brain afterall angry

See d craseman wey dey caution me about whom to defend & who not defend & trying to fight God's fight, who told u God can't defend himself? & if God can't defend himself then he is not God. ur comment above has portray u as infant & has also brought out the real igbolistic attitude in you, " Napoleoun is always right" these arrogant thwarts are quick to abuse other people's kinsman & shielding theirs from abuse, the same attitude was applied to the 1st military coup in Nigeria, you killed leaders from the North to the south & from south to west, but shield yours " tortoise who will demand for the killing of other animal's mother while hiding his mother in a cave until cave was struck by a great lightening & his mother was buried alive" & thanks to Muritala for the ethic Cleansing, stupid & arrogant thwarts.
Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 21, 2012
Dude look b4 u leap......it might save u some embarrassment.
Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by dayokanu(m): 2:47pm On Oct 21, 2012
Its not surprising given that they wake their fathers with sliding tackle
Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 21, 2012
Why am I not surprised?? It's in the DNA...aggressive nature.
Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by talktimi(m): 3:14pm On Oct 21, 2012
I hav travelled wide in this country and one thing I have noticed is that the average yoruba man is a tribalist who will insult you even when he is laughing with you. So sad but true.
If this article is true and I believe it is then I will only advice gov Okorocha to respect himself and his office next time.
Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by Nobody: 3:14pm On Oct 21, 2012

it shows the stupidity,and uncalled arrogance of the leaders of the dejected tribe called ibos.

silly tribe.

y was bola ige's cap removed at d ooni of ife's home? Wat of Obj n Fayose? Ewu ofia!
Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by Fidelcruiz(m): 3:18pm On Oct 21, 2012
onomeasike: [b]Okorocha punches Governor Obi’s aide over seat

October 21, 2012 by OZIOMA UBABUKOH 9 Comments

Governor Rochas Okorocha
| credits:

Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State on Saturday punched a protocol officer who refused to allow him sit on a chair reserved for the Anambra State Governor, Mr. Peter Obi, at the 80th birthday celebration of former vice president, Chief Alex Ekwueme, in Enugu.

The incident occurred 20 minutes before most of the invited guests arrived.

SUNDAY PUNCH learnt that the seater was reserved for the host Governor, Mr. Sullivan Chime and Obi. The Deputy Governor, Mr. Sunday Onyebuchi, represented Chime who is still out of the country.

The protocol officer, Mr. Ifeanyi Onukuba, who works with Obi, was shocked at Okorocha’s action and before he could recover from it, a police officer attached to the Bomb Disposal Unit in Anambra State, Mr. Felix Alumona, pushed Okorocha when he was removing the tag bearing Obi’s name from the seat.

Our correspondent observed that Okorocha’s Aide de Camp, Gabriel Onu, immediately pounced on Alumona, hitting and tearing his uniform, while other security details attached to the Imo governor joined in the scuffle.

Sensing that the matter was beginning to attract people, Okorocha quickly waded in, saying, “Hey, please stop the fight! Let us not fight over an ordinary seat. I will share the seat with Peter Obi.”

Minutes after the fracas, Okorocha’s aides grumbled saying, “Why is it that anywhere we go, they always reserve a special seat for Obi. Is Okorocha not the leader of Ndigbo?”

When Obi arrived, he squeezed himself in the couch, sitting between Onyebuchi and Okorocha.[/b]

http://www.punchng.com/news/okorocha-punches-governor-obis-aide-over-seat/
Shame on them.
Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by Nobody: 3:27pm On Oct 21, 2012
Dat d office of d governor of Imo state ws nt recognised in such an event smacks of political undertone. Methinks Obi n Okorocha are secretly slugging it out 2 step in2 late Ikemba's shoes n capture d soul of APGA.
Okorocha shld have acted lyk a governor. Instd of fighting over chair(wch is symbolic of wat 9ja politicians fight n cry over), dey shld know dat whoever champions d cause of d igbos might step in2 ikemba's shoes.
Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by COOLDUN: 3:32pm On Oct 21, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]
Omen100:

You are just being a bushman like your name implies, did you check the name of nairalander you quite? His name was Onome & which I believed makes him/her an origin of Delta state & again how does Pa. Rilwane's became a Yorubaman? If you lack knowledge, kindly seek for it so that you won't open up your mouth & start vomiting shits.
Now I know that, all that has being said about the igbo-man are completely truth & there is nothing anyone of you igbos can do about it. The other day, One bigoted bigot said something about flood wiping away lagos & ogun states together & that Nigerian economy activities will migration from the west to east & non of you arrogant thwarts saw anything wrong or condemned that statement in & here we are today, a Yoruba son has paid you back in your own coin, you are all here calling him names & demanding for his head.
Igboman is still suffering the biefra war hangover, stupid & arrogant thwarts.
[b]
Omen100:

You are just being a bushman like your name implies, did you check the name of nairalander you quite? His name was Onome & which I believed makes him/her an origin of Delta state & again how does Pa. Rilwane's became a Yorubaman? If you lack knowledge, kindly seek for it so that you won't open up your mouth & start vomiting shits.
Now I know that, all that has being said about the igbo-man are completely truth & there is nothing anyone of you igbos can do about it. The other day, One bigoted bigot said something about flood wiping away lagos & ogun states together & that Nigerian economy activities will migration from the west to east & non of you arrogant thwarts saw anything wrong or condemned that statement in & here we are today, a Yoruba son has paid you back in your own coin, you are all here calling him names & demanding for his head.
[/b]
Omen100:

Sorry for your Papiluwe English, we are talking of a fool and a foolish man appeared on the forum Ogun evil forest again. With all your free education you cannot even make a correct sentence. This illiteracy has touched your brains as a people. Instead of me to be a yorrober man, I better remain tribe less. Silly bigots.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 21, 2012

silly tribe.

undecided undecided undecided undecided

one of Seun's stoogies? as you all can see, this kind of filth only belongs on Bleep websites, it's pointless, base, and hate filled..typical of all the types of post Seun Osewa wants on his website or else he would take action against such filth, instead of hunting down Garri advocates... undecided undecided undecided undecided
As always i say not every clown or half arsed visual studio dabbler, or dream waver enthusiast should own a website, because this debacle called nairaland is the result, a place for low life frustrated people to come out and spew this kind of baseless hate which people like Oluwaseun Osewa encourages
Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by Afolabs101: 5:01pm On Oct 21, 2012
Ignore tribalists! All it takes is for one comment insulting the tribe of someone in the article and that's it!!!

We can go back and forth for infinity about which tribe is better or which tribe is a waste. What's the point

Back to the article, Rochas should have never punched the officer, its unbecoming of a Governor. But the bomb disposal cop pushed a Governor??!! And he still has his job? The whole thing could have been settled peacfully but trust ego's of big men and police
Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by Afam4eva(m): 5:06pm On Oct 21, 2012
How exactly are we gonna confirm that that's exactly what happened?
Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by Eziachi: 5:36pm On Oct 21, 2012
onomeasike: the blood of the children starved by biafran soldiers at work.the ibos should await more calamity until they atone for the innocent civilians killed by starvation by biafran soldiers!!yeye
In whose starved child bloods was was the likes of Daramola, Funsho William, Bola Ige, Dipo Dina murdered?
And you are busy worrying about a report that some idle people were shoving each other over an empty seat, which they eventually actually did share.
By the way how credible is this report and that reported event did actually happened?
Tribal Bigots.
Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by sarutobie(m): 5:42pm On Oct 21, 2012
musKeeto:
I salute your intelligence and selflessness.. You're indeed a shining beacon of hope,peace and love.. May the Almighty continue to bless you abundantly
For a self proclaimed atheist using phrases such as 'may the Almighty bless you'..confused,deluded bunch of people..
Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by joeyfire(m): 5:52pm On Oct 21, 2012
This is such childish bullshyte. Do u really think like this?

Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by joeyfire(m): 6:07pm On Oct 21, 2012
You say it can't happen in a yoruba gathering abi? When Tokyo comot Bola Ige cap for gathering for ibadan nko

silly tribe.
Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by redsun(m): 6:15pm On Oct 21, 2012

silly tribe.

For people to commend this,with nine likes shows how demoralized nigerians are.They are like brain dead human beings,walking corpes.
Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by fio(m): 6:42pm On Oct 21, 2012
ihebrooke:

You are just silly. Where in the world would people not behave unseemingly?

You wonder why the flood didn't flush the eastern part.

Do you think that it is only the ibos that occupy the eastern part. Most of your brothers are here too. Foolish thought pattern.

We are all brothers...bozo
Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by fio(m): 6:44pm On Oct 21, 2012
[quote author=Yomieluv]if ur silly tribe is better than mine,what are u doing on my land,ode[/quote

Lol!! Please stop
Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by fio(m): 6:47pm On Oct 21, 2012
jamp:

Did I hear u say ur land? Who develop ur land? Igbos own 80% of ur land.keep quite and contribute wisely instead of making urself look stupid

Be guided accordingly

DINDINRIN...u own 100%
Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by fio(m): 6:52pm On Oct 21, 2012
When u see two dogs fighting over bone....-t's very STUPID to insult them.
Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by ba7man(m): 7:21pm On Oct 21, 2012
You can't compare this to the one that happend in the National House of Assembly.
Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by odowueze(m): 8:24pm On Oct 21, 2012
Both of them are from the same party. Igbo people are the most blessed people on earth the ISrael of africa the china of the world the most blessed land on earth
Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by redsun(m): 8:41pm On Oct 21, 2012
Nigerian leaders does not represent true nigerians,they represent foo-lish nigerians.Those that believe in them are just as crooked and foo-lish as them and enemies of rationality.
Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by Nobody: 12:57am On Oct 22, 2012
I don't understand why yorubas hate igbos so much. HMMMM. God will surely judge
Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by BabaTony: 6:37am On Oct 22, 2012
Please............I don't believe this story, at govt occasions are seats not reserves for most dignitaries and I know governors are not ppl to forget. Hw can they say they reserved a seat for obi and not rochas-a governor. Whoever started this knows his intention.
Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by Manbush: 9:03am On Oct 22, 2012
Omen100:

Keep quite, you people are killers. Why did you kill Funsho Williams? Is he not a Yoruba man? In your entire life, have you read of political assassinations in Igbo land? Your leader thought you not to value human lives and that is why you hang tyres easily on the neck of petty thieves and burn them alive in Lagos. Your OPC started killing enmasse before Boko Haram. Just stop being blood tasty.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 22, 2012
Good for that aide , next time he should know his boundary. Telling a Governor not to seat, they should have reserve seat for everybody. Ekwueme is the son of UMU IGBO not only Anambra.

And you bigots in this thread let us deal our issues the way we want it , go face ur numerous problems.
Re: Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! by naptu2: 10:53am On Oct 22, 2012
It's always good to hear from both sides before concluding. So let's hear (or read) from the other side.

[size=14pt]Insiders from both camps confirm Governor Rochas Okorocha DID NOT punch Obi’s aide.[/size]

by ADMIN on Oct 21, 2012 • 5:36 PM

16 comments

The internet has been awash with a report in the SUNDAY PUNCH alleging that Governor Rochas Okorocha got into an altercation with Governor Peter Obi’s aide over a seat.  Contrary to the reports that the Imo State Governor punched the aide who attempted to challenge him, no physical contact was made.

Responding to the inquiry from SouthEastNigeria.com, the Imo State Commissioner for Information & Strategy, Chinedu Offor dismissed the report as an over-active imagination by the writer.

“…..I was at the event. Never happened. Governors’ seats are usually reserved for them by their advance teams of Protocol officers so this is someone’s over active imagination at work.

Very funny that at an important event for a revered son of Igbo land, a paid hatchet person masquerading as a journalist wants to reduce it as a squabble for seats. Please take a look at the event pictures.

All the brother governors of Imo, Anambra, Abia, and the deputy governors of Enugu and Ebonyi were seated side by side. Those wanting to divide Igbos by planting fictious imaginary stories will not succeed."

SouthEastNigeria.com also made contact with Governor Okorocha’s Chief of Protocol, Mr.Alfred Ononugbor. Reacting to the report,  he said that there was no physical contact between Governor Okorocha and the aide. He further explained that upon their arrival, they met a vacant space  on the sofa where the Enugu Deputy Governor was already seated. Collectively, the protocol team agreed that provision should be made for  Governor Okorocha since the sofa  was spacious enough to  accomodate more than two people. The one voice who opposed this decision was Governor Peter Obi’s protocol officer (Ifeanyi Onukuba).

Upon Governor Okorocha’s arrival, he was ushered to his seat only for Obi’s protocol officer to challenge Okorocha’s entourage  insisting that the space was reserved for Obi  who was yet to arrive. A shouting match ensued from both camps.

Embarrassed by the scenario and unaware of what had transpired earlier,  we learnt the Imo State governor opted for a chair on the second row till the Enugu Deputy Governor, Mr.Onyebuchi (Host) rose from his seat and invited Okorocha to join him on the sofa.

A member of Governor Peter Obi security team who spoke to SouthEastNigeria.com on conditions of anonymity admitted that the protocol officer was unruly. He however said that that the Imo State Governor was not being victimized and expressed regret that the journalist failed in making an adequate presentation of the scenario.

"The truth of the matter is that the people at Enugu did not make adequate seating arrangement. Its not like it was directed at Rochas. It was only one long chair and the rest were plastic chairs. Even Ochendu  (Abia state governor, T.A Orji) was sitting on a plastic chair…Even though one can say the boy  over reacted but  Rochas did not touch him. You know how some of our press behave, they can write anything just to sell their paper….take it from me that nothing like that happened." 

Barr.Emeka, Chief of Protocol to the Enugu Deputy Governor declined to comment.

Culled from  SouthEastNigeria.com

http://www.imostateblog.com/2012/10/21/inside-story-governor-rochas-okorocha-did-not-punch-obis-aide/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2019: I Am Not Campaigning For PMB, Dankwambo Says / Rivers: APC To Complete State-owned Refinery, Polytechnic / Our President Will Soon Become A Hero

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.