Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,072 members, 7,811,008 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

Omotola: Nollywood Can "Compete" With Hollywood - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Omotola: Nollywood Can "Compete" With Hollywood (9461 Views)

Nollywood Can Turn Nigerian Tourism Into A Billon Dollar Industry / Jeta Amata Is Working On A New Thriller With Hollywood / Nollywood Cannot Be Compared With Hollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omotola: Nollywood Can "Compete" With Hollywood by Nightingale(m): 3:24pm On Oct 22, 2012
Let them compete with bollywood first before racing against hollywood
Re: Omotola: Nollywood Can "Compete" With Hollywood by PriceOfGarri(m): 3:25pm On Oct 22, 2012
Pls d kinda films OmotoLIE is competing with is it films like: 24... Prison Break...Legend of seeker... Merlin etc?

*continues drinking my garii copiously*
Re: Omotola: Nollywood Can "Compete" With Hollywood by VillageBoi(m): 3:35pm On Oct 22, 2012
port1976: Though the woman is boosting her ego and exaggerating their humble effort, but the truth is; go anywhere in Afirca, Nollywood reigns. For people that travels around Africa can testify to the humble achievement of Nollywood. Before it used to be super eagles players folks asked after if they know you are from Nigeria, but now it is Nollywood stars. I was in Angola of recent where Portugese is offcial language, believe me they follow Nollywood more than we Nigerians,very funny indeed. I am ignorant of some Nollywood stars they asked after. To me it is far better than asking me about 419 guys, boko haram problem, crime, election rigging and drug peddlers.

Thank you very much for your fantstic post. Nollywood is doing positive things... what good has Hollywood said about Nigeria? - NONE!!
Re: Omotola: Nollywood Can "Compete" With Hollywood by Mckybarf(m): 3:49pm On Oct 22, 2012
Eish, omotola jalade, you go too far now. Nollywood is best in africa, admitted, but the gap between nollywood and hollywood is a galaxy apart. Nollywood's bestest isnt even a micrometer of hollywood. Wishful thinking jor!
Re: Omotola: Nollywood Can "Compete" With Hollywood by Ikamenze(m): 4:12pm On Oct 22, 2012
Abujafood: In Hollywood, Tom Cruise gets paid for one movie what all the Movie producers in Nollywood can only put together in 5 years to shoot thousands of movies. Omotola wake up O, this is no longer make believe.

And how does what you just said translate to Quality? Who says if it isn't big budget it can't be successful?
Go and watch this film Knight and Day starring ur beloved Tom Cruise......#SpoilerAlert.....Its whack!!!
Re: Omotola: Nollywood Can "Compete" With Hollywood by salam001(m): 4:32pm On Oct 22, 2012
fulli_16:
judgin from what u just said, i dont tink you really watch hollywood movies. have you watched movies like '7 pounds', 'pursuit of happiness', slum dog', '3 idiots(bollywood)' if no, then u need 2 reconsider ur comment. as far as i am concernd, nollywood has nothing to offer me...abi na akin an pawpaw part 5 dey wan release
I watch movie whether from Hollywood,ghollywood Nollywood ugandanwood blah blah blah,guy use ur head for once now,pls just for once,must you guys dish anything Nigerian,na wa oo?
Re: Omotola: Nollywood Can "Compete" With Hollywood by Gamuguma(m): 5:20pm On Oct 22, 2012
Nollywood 'comedy' still remains the best in the world
Re: Omotola: Nollywood Can "Compete" With Hollywood by Gamuguma(m): 5:29pm On Oct 22, 2012
dumb babies. you have to promote whatever thing you are doing. What would she have said before? Think positive NL. Our country is bad that doesnt mean we should sell it out very cheap to BBC . Moreover This is advert!.
Re: Omotola: Nollywood Can "Compete" With Hollywood by babyboy3(m): 6:01pm On Oct 22, 2012
Ikamenze:

And how does what you just said translate to Quality?

Am trying to think of Tom Cruises worst movie compared to the best that came out of Nollywood

Top Gun

Vanilla Sky

Mongolia
Re: Omotola: Nollywood Can "Compete" With Hollywood by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 22, 2012
Re: Omotola: Nollywood Can "Compete" With Hollywood by Nobody: 9:09pm On Oct 22, 2012
laugh don open hole for my wall...no nigerian movie has reached the cartoon standard, na normal movie una wan do...i pity you..
Re: Omotola: Nollywood Can "Compete" With Hollywood by guvna(m): 9:19pm On Oct 22, 2012
One word - DUNCE!!
Re: Omotola: Nollywood Can "Compete" With Hollywood by Joshcoli(m): 9:26pm On Oct 22, 2012
Let's compare Igodo and Battleship
Which one thrill pass
Re: Omotola: Nollywood Can "Compete" With Hollywood by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 22, 2012
Hollywood can make anyfin... Do people really hv a deep thought on wat hollywood makes... Create settings and character so real that you tend to beliv they exist...avater,star wars,inception,Tintin...
We can be optimistic buh for now hollywood is like a might god to nollywood
Re: Omotola: Nollywood Can "Compete" With Hollywood by Maximus85(m): 10:40pm On Oct 22, 2012
Omo Sexy!!! Let's start from Matrix. Titanic. Ordinary cartoon, nollywood can't make. In nollywood, scripts are written in 2weeks, shooting 3days. The whole movie - 3weeks. While in Hollywood, it might take like 2years to complete a movie script. And the budget too is good to talk about.
Stupid mistakes, crazy subtitles, zero continuity, bad pictures, bad sounds. Unnecessary Parts.

I once saw a younger act with gap tooth and when he grew old, the gap tooth don disappear. Or a driver well dressed than the car owner.

Omotola, I am proudly Nigerian but let's face the fact, Nollywood can never meet Hollywood.
Re: Omotola: Nollywood Can "Compete" With Hollywood by jiljosh(m): 12:01am On Oct 23, 2012
CLIQBOY: Until a ghost stop looking both left and right before crossing the road

looooooooool
Re: Omotola: Nollywood Can "Compete" With Hollywood by jmoore(m): 6:57am On Oct 23, 2012
I_A_J_A: It’s ‘supposedly’ the third largest movie industry in the world,” replied Omotola

Quantity and quality are not the same. These people should stop focusing on the quantity aspect, that's the beginning of your "no improvement".

I have interest in being a movie producer in the future, quality is what matters. When I am ready I am going for world class movie cameras. You cannot compete with a standard good while your own product is sub-standard.

Nigeria is rich with stories that can be transformed into good movies, there is space for us in the movie world. Until we learn to focus on quality we are heading nowhere.
Re: Omotola: Nollywood Can "Compete" With Hollywood by salam001(m): 10:19am On Oct 23, 2012
saintkola:

You are seriously deranged for that comment what can you learn from the cliche storylines of Nollywood movies? Smh
Just so you know, Spartacus & Merlin are tv series and can't be classified as Hollywood production.
Please educate yourself before spewing your ignorance on here.
Cheers

Re: Omotola: Nollywood Can "Compete" With Hollywood by Goldieluks: 5:15am On Oct 24, 2012
acidtalk: That's so true.
They will even beat hollywood hands down.

Only and only if we are talking of Ritual scenes and poor picture quality.

Lmao....
grin
Re: Omotola: Nollywood Can "Compete" With Hollywood by Frankbaro(m): 1:53pm On Oct 25, 2012
Na 2day? The butterfly thinks himself a bird.Hahahahaha,I dey laugh oooooooo!!!!!
Re: Omotola: Nollywood Can "Compete" With Hollywood by Horus(m): 2:00am On Oct 26, 2012
To compete with Hollywood Nigerians producers have to look for accredited investors to invest in film projects and create high-budget movies.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nollywood Goes Gaga, Casts Naked Actress (photo) / Supernatural Fan Page {plus SEASON9 discussions} / FAST AND FURIOUS 8 - What To Expect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.