Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda (25444 Views)

The Murder Of The Fulani: Yugoslavia Unfolding (buhari's Ethnic Agenda)-ffk / Onyeka Onwenu Reacts To Dismissal, Accuses FG Of Ethnic Agenda / Is Sanusi Lamido Really About Ethnic Agenda As Cbn Governor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by Akanbiedu(m): 3:22pm On Oct 23, 2012
pazienza:

You don't know what you are talking about,igbo leaders have always fought for equality and justice for igbos even in those military era,but seeing as we became a conquered region in post 1970 nigeria,there was no escape for us,we just had to endure it. Heck! Not long ago,peter obi was still talking about the need for one more igbo state, but did fashola(yoruba) come out straight to support him? No, rather he went into an ambigious drivel and ended up saying everything and nothing at the same time.

I followed that thread all through,how many of the yoruba posters here backed peter obi? none.

We know those who benefited immensly from the fall of the east in 1970,and from the injustice metted on easterners,and would like to maintain the status quo,we know the region . This is just the beginning,wait till we get the presidency.

Did you read the article at all? In what way exactly would Fashola have supported Obi who spoke after him?
Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by magmegas: 3:35pm On Oct 23, 2012
More than 40 Managers from South west removed and replaced. common who is practicing Tribalism here if not the people that saturated the place with just those from the southwest. Stella is merely trying to maintain balance of appointments. just dont bother much, more of you will still be shown the way out and be filled with more competent hands. support the change.
Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by geeez: 3:39pm On Oct 23, 2012
FreeGlobe:
wikepedia is no link you illiterate. didnt you go to school. what of if I put up an article disproving that your bogus link on the same wikepedia will you believe it. What resources is there in yorobberland. What are you feedin on, you lazy owanbe people. The whole yorobberland is encapsulated in poverty except lagos. Why is jonathan building almajiri schools in ibadan. you guys must be grateful for eating off our sweats and resources. ungrateful pigs.

Okay then check the National Bureau of Statistics and see poverty level in the states yourself

Anambra is 56% while Oyo is 51%. Also unemployment rate in Oyo is 8.9% while that of Anambra is 12.2%

You can compare for other states and feel sorry for your Igboland

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/information/details/Oyo
http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/information/details/Anambra

Even poverty and unemployment in Yoruba's poorest state of Ekiti are lower than Anambra's. now tell me I manipulated that one again. Ode

You think we are as lazy and retrogressive as you Igbos
Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by Circle360: 3:51pm On Oct 23, 2012
I dnt knw how sum pple read self. The problem isnt only that she employs her pple bt that most of them ar not suited becouse they lack experience hence cnt provid proper management need to suge d ministery forwod.
Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by geeez: 4:00pm On Oct 23, 2012
Check the NBS website click on the map of the state

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/information

The SE is far poorer and has more unemployed people than the SW

Lagos
Poverty Rate=48.6%
Unemployment Rate= 8.3%

Osun
Poverty Rate=37.9%
Unemployment Rate=3%

Ondo
Poverty Rate=45.7%
Unemployment Rate= 12.5%

Ekiti
Poverty Rate=52.4%
Unemployment Rate= 12.1%

Oyo
Poverty Rate=51.8%
Unemployment Rate= 8.9%

Ogun
Poverty Rate=62.3%
Unemployment Rate= 22.9%

Anambra
Poverty Rate=56.8%
Unemployment Rate= 12.2%

Enugu
Poverty Rate=62.5%
Unemployment Rate= 25.2%

Imo
Poverty Rate=50.5%
Unemployment Rate= 26.1%

Abia
Poverty Rate=57.4%
Unemployment Rate= 11.2%

Ebonyi
Poverty Rate=73.6%
Unemployment Rate= 23.1%
Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 23, 2012
^^^Only several years ago stats released by he central bank indicated the opposite of what you show, with the SE having the lowest poverty rate in the country.

As the World Bank indicated in an article somewhere here statistics on poverty in Nigeria are VERY unreliable.

Funny...the GDPs statistics provided here are at serious odds with the poverty statistics by Nigerian Stats, for a number of states.
Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by demmy(m): 4:32pm On Oct 23, 2012
Don't worry soon your yanch will show

[b]Nigeria: FG Flags Off GDP Computation for States
4 August 2012

Ikeja — The Federal Government has flagged off the computation of the States Gross Domestic Product (SGDP) for the South West region.

Mr Shamsudeen Usman, the Minister of National Planning, who inaugurated the programme at the Government House, Ikeja on Friday, said the computation was part of Federal Government's strategy at stimulating the economic development of the states.

The scheme was aimed at providing a measure of the size of economic activities of each state.

The Federal Government had flagged off the SGDP of states in other south political zones.

The programme is an initiative of the National Planning Commission and the Federal Bureau of Statistics with support from the Governors' Forum.

Usman said the computation of SGDP and its inclusion in the national data framework would enhance the data's comprehensiveness and promote the predictability of the national economy.

"The computation and the inclusion of State's Domestic Product (SGDP) in the national framework data will also promote accountability and create awareness of the outcomes of efforts at the sub-national levels.

"With the disaggregated data and information on economic activities available, it will give room for improved management of both the sub-national and national economies, as well as generate healthy competition among states."

Usman said the published data of states GDP would also serve as a basis for effectively benchmarking the economies of such states and facilitating their rating by rating agencies.

The minister said that a road map had been put place for the implementation of the SGDP project which would be done in two phases and would be completed in June 2013.

He said the government had already completed the listing and updating of establishments in all the 774 local Government Areas preparatory to the data collection exercise to be held in pilot state.

"The key message from the exercise is that over 1000 new firms were identified and listed.

"The next set of activities in the first phase includes development of instruments and the training of statistical officers and data enumerators.[/b]
Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by Xris74: 4:41pm On Oct 23, 2012
GEEZ,

Stop peddling fake stats all over the place. Guess who manages tha fake NBS website:Dr Yemi Kale
The fact that Ekiti is placed before Anambra speaks volume of the extent you Yorubas will go to doctor any stats.

Here is the true situation on the ground

https://www.nairaland.com/554457/anambra-poverty-rate-lowest-nigeria
https://www.nairaland.com/307986/nigeria-poverty-northerner
https://www.nairaland.com/371485/regional-poverty-nigeria-north-south-west
https://www.nairaland.com/813289/poverty-d-reason-d-loudness

1 Like

Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by geeez: 4:45pm On Oct 23, 2012
Xris74: GEEZ,

Stop peddling fake stats all over the place. Guess who manages tha fake NBS website:Dr Yemi Kale
The fact that Ekiti is placed before Anambra speaks volume of the extent you Yorubas will go to doctor any stats.

Dr. Kale is not a web administrator and he won't be on ground in Anambra getting those stats. And how come you're posting 2009 and 2010 reports in 2012 and besides what you posted isn't a stat
Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by demmy(m): 4:46pm On Oct 23, 2012
nnenna.1:
^^^Only several years ago stats released by he central bank indicated the opposite of what you show, with the SE having the lowest poverty rate in the country.

Provide the data then

nnenna.1:

As the World Bank indicated in an article somewhere here statistics on poverty in Nigeria are VERY unreliable.

Funny...the GDPs statistics provided here are at serious odds with the poverty statistics by Nigerian Stats, for a number of states.

Olodo oloju eja, your GDP may be high and your poverty rate high as well. India has GDP that runs into trillions of dollar yet per capital income is merely a thousand dollar.
Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by Xris74: 4:46pm On Oct 23, 2012
Yemi Kale suddenly becomes the head of a moribund NBS and the stats change overnight? SW must be miracle makers to move the region from second poorest in less than 5 years ago to the least poor now: statistical wonders from our Yoruba brothers.hahahahahahh
Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by geeez: 4:47pm On Oct 23, 2012
demmy:

Provide the data then

Olodo oloju eja, your GDP may be high and your poverty rate high as well. India has GDP that runs into trillions of dollar yet per capital income is merely a thousand dollar.

GDP in the SE is low. The only thing that is high is their poverty rate
Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by Xris74: 4:48pm On Oct 23, 2012
geeez:

Dr. Kale is not a web administrator and he won't be on ground in Anambra getting those stats. And how come you're posting 2009 and 2010 reports in 2012 and besides what you posted isn't a stat

The stats given to Dr Kale was doctored in his office. read my links from NAPEP and others on the ground
Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by demmy(m): 4:49pm On Oct 23, 2012
Xris74: GEEZ,

You dismiss Nigeria Bureau of Statistics and peddled a 2010 story in champion newspaper? Igbo logic
Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 23, 2012
demmy:

Provide the data then

I am typing from my phone cannot provide links or sources, sorry!

And I know that poverty rates and Gdp are not that directly correlated. I wanted to point it out to those who provide GDP AND Poverty rates in tandem as proof of something.
Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by demmy(m): 4:53pm On Oct 23, 2012
geeez:

GDP in the SE is low. The only thing that is high is their poverty rate

I wasn't replying to you. Its to the idiot Igbo who thought that you can infer poverty rate from GDP necessarily.
Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by Xris74: 4:53pm On Oct 23, 2012
demmy:

You dismiss Nigeria Bureau of Statistics and peddled a 2010 story in champion newspaper? Igbo logic

I gave you four links. One was from Punch, the Yoruba mouthpiece
Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by geeez: 4:55pm On Oct 23, 2012
Xris74:

The stats given to Dr Kale was doctored in his office. read my links from NAPEP and others on the ground

I posted GDP of states from Wikipedia, you said it was doctored, now I've posted NBS data and you still insist it was doctored. You're as pathetic as they come I must confess.

I've headed regional services for a multinational covering all the SE states and 4 SS states and the SE states reek of poverty
Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by Xris74: 4:56pm On Oct 23, 2012
demmy:

I wasn't replying to you. Its to the idiot Igbo who thought that you can infer poverty rate from GDP necessarily.

That's what you and Geez do exactly inferring poverty from GDP which at best is paper work and does not account for skewness of the wealth to the few rich. Wealth in Igboland is evenly distributed, making IGBOLAND the least impoverished in Nigeria. Even a donkey knows that.

1 Like

Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by Xris74: 4:58pm On Oct 23, 2012
Evene Aregbesola confirmed that his people are so poor they cannot be taxed
Can you post me any report about poverty in Igboland?
Read these https://www.nairaland.com/813289/poverty-d-reason-d-loudness about poverty in Yorubaland.
Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by Xris74: 4:59pm On Oct 23, 2012
geeez:

I posted GDP of states from Wikipedia, you said it was doctored, now I've posted NBS data and you still insist it was doctored. You're as pathetic as they come I must confess.

I've headed regional services for a multinational covering all the SE states and 4 SS states and the SE states reek of poverty
Because they have no bearing with what is on the ground. I have posted links to info on the ground. NAPEP is the poverty organization in Nigeria, they know better. It is headed by a non IGBO. Apart from Lagos which Igbos also co-control, the rest states in SW are pits of poverty and lack
Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by demmy(m): 5:02pm On Oct 23, 2012
Xris74:

That's what you and Geez do exactly inferring poverty from GDP which at best is paper work and does not account for skewness of the wealth to the few rich. Wealth in Igboland is evenly distributed, making IGBOLAND the least impoverished in Nigeria. Even a donkey knows that.

The wealth is evenly distributed. Yeah. That would explain all the kidnappings and armed robberies then.
Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by geeez: 5:02pm On Oct 23, 2012
Xris74:

I've been to every nuke and cranny of the east and west and I've seen poverty at its peak in the east. The stats I posted corroborate this. How come your people run away from your 'supposed' goldmines in droves and come to your Eldorado - Yoruba land
Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by Xris74: 5:08pm On Oct 23, 2012
demmy:

The wealth is evenly distributed. Yeah. That would explain all the kidnappings and armed robberies then.

Much as the poverty in SW explains all the human rituals for money, armed robberies, certificate forgeries, corruption by every single Yoruba govt official, and gbomogbomo, right?
Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by Xris74: 5:10pm On Oct 23, 2012
geeez:

I've been to every nuke and cranny of the east and west and I've seen poverty at its peak in the east. The stats I posted corroborate this. How come your people run away from your 'supposed' goldmines in droves and come to your Eldorado - Yoruba land

I was born in the West (Lagos) and worked there (Osu, Oyo, Ondo, Ogun and Ekiti)for the highest international rural development agency. I know what am talking about. I know every Yoruba town and village like the back of my hands.
Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by demmy(m): 5:11pm On Oct 23, 2012
Xris74:

Much as the poverty in SW explains all the human rituals for money, armed robberies, certificate forgeries, corruption by every single Yoruba govt official, and gbomogbomo, right?

I never claim that wealth is evenly distributed in the west. And certainly its not in the east either.
Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by Xris74: 5:14pm On Oct 23, 2012
demmy:

I never claim that wealth is evenly distributed in the west. And certainly its not in the east either.

It is more evenly distributed in the East than anywhere else in Nigeria. Igbo women are also more economically, socially and educationally liberated than other Nigerian women.
Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by 4chi: 5:16pm On Oct 23, 2012
geeez: Check the NBS website click on the map of the state

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/information

The SE is far poorer and has more unemployed people than the SW

Lagos
Poverty Rate=48.6%
Unemployment Rate= 8.3%

Osun

Poverty Rate=37.9%

...so after exporting zoo much poverty to other parts of Nigeria, Igbos still gat soo much to spare! Infertile land, erosion ravaged,landlocked and barren. IT REALLY SUCKS TO BE Igbo!
Unemployment Rate=3%

Ondo
Poverty Rate=45.7%
Unemployment Rate= 12.5%

Ekiti
Poverty Rate=52.4%
Unemployment Rate= 12.1%

Oyo
Poverty Rate=51.8%
Unemployment Rate= 8.9%

Ogun
Poverty Rate=62.3%
Unemployment Rate= 22.9%

Anambra
Poverty Rate=56.8%
Unemployment Rate= 12.2%

Enugu
Poverty Rate=62.5%
Unemployment Rate= 25.2%

Imo
Poverty Rate=50.5%
Unemployment Rate= 26.1%

Abia
Poverty Rate=57.4%
Unemployment Rate= 11.2%

Ebonyi
Poverty Rate=73.6%
Unemployment Rate= 23.1%
Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by Xris74: 5:19pm On Oct 23, 2012
Unemployment rate in Lagos is 8.3% Hahahaha Fake NBS data. Is that for Lagos indigenes alone, or for all Yoruba indigenes in Lagos, or for all Nigerians in Lagos, regardless of their states of origin? NBS is a joker. Overall unemployment in Lagos can't be anything less than 20 % and that is being modest.
Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by geeez: 5:19pm On Oct 23, 2012
Xris74:

See an Igbo man calling Yoruba a criminal. Tell me who the biggest ritualist ever in 9ja was? Tell me who the biggest fraudsters ever caught were? Tell me who tops the list for kidnappings and robberies?
Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by geeez: 5:20pm On Oct 23, 2012
Xris74: Unemployment rate in Lagos is 8.3% Hahahaha Fake NBS data. Is that for Lagos indigenes alone, or for all Yoruba indigenes in Lagos, or for all Nigerians in Lagos, regardless of their states of origin? NBS is a joker. Overall unemployment in Lagos can't be anything less than 20 % and that is being modest.

Well I have a job and virtually everyone I know either works or has set up a business. Speak for your sorry ass
Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by Xris74: 5:24pm On Oct 23, 2012
geeez:

Well I have a job and virtually everyone I know either works or has set up a business. Speak for your sorry ass

You know the more than 20 million Nigerians in Lagos right? You are a loser. You have no facts to back your claim. I live amongst the poor Yoruba working, not for a Yoruba-owned organization, but for an unbiased one, and I know what I see on the ground.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Reno Omokri: Cee-C Is Better Than Buhari For Apologizing After Insulting Tobi / Sit At Home: Why Has Nigerian Government Failed To Arrest Simon Ekpa? / Reno Omokri reacts to President Buhari's re-election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.