Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,749 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! - Sports (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! (18325 Views)

Poll: Which team will win?

Super Eagles Of Nigeria: 55% (64 votes)
National Team of Benin Republic: 17% (20 votes)
A 0-0 draw.: 27% (32 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 / Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September / Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by LoveKing(m): 11:40pm On Jan 29, 2008
Nairaland Forum: Home Of Nigerians And Friends Of Nigeria. Welcome!
Making Movies/TV/Ads
Nigerian Dating Zone
Featured Forum Links (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) {Recent Posts}
[b] Nigeria (1) Vs Benin (0) - Will Face Ghana[/b]Nations Cup Coverage
Preachers In Commercial Buses
Nigeria Versus Benin Republic In Ghana 2008
The 'Super Fowls' Of Nigeria
Berti Vogts Must Go?
Ghana 2008 Match: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Mali (0)
Exchanging Blows On A Moving Airplane
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by Meedu(m): 11:49pm On Jan 29, 2008
talkin bout[b] SUPER CHICKENS[/b] Ghana pls send these chickens back home they are lost.
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by prince84(m): 11:59pm On Jan 29, 2008
@ all posters

the super fowls will still be fowls.

the era of the eagles are over.

super fowls strike back grin grin grin grin
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by folahann(m): 12:04am On Jan 30, 2008
Well they are trying to prove they are chickens; they will only be Eagles if they lift the cup
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by McOmo(m): 12:25am On Jan 30, 2008
fools abound !  tongue

I wonder why its so hard for u to do some psycho-analysis at least to save your lives

like I said earler, more because of PERSONAL GLORIFICATIONS CIV had a lot to lose by not defeating Mali . . .and rightly so Drogba comes to mind  cool

Drogba needed to score and could not have been bovvered about Mali pulling a draw especially as KANOUTE and Essien had gotten into the scorers' chart !  cool

anyone remember how CIV has been having it tough with Mali in the recent past ? do u think they would have given up the opportunity of thumping them hard because of some Francophone fixing shebang postulated ? them send una ?

at least for now CIV is the best team, most balanced in the continent and they surely would have wanted to avaoid Ghana as hosts, and rightly so, what we are faced with is WE ARE FORCED TO MEET GHANA which I am happy about  cool

THE BOYS WILL RISE UP TO THE OCCASSION NOT COS THEY ARE GOOD, BUT COS I FEEL THERE IS THAT DIVINE THING GOIN FOR THEM, THE SAME IS WHAT I FELT WHEN I REITERATED HERE THAT WE WILL QUALIFY  DESPITE ALL THE PESSIMISM EXPRESSED cool

BUT BERTI VOGTS SHOULD STILL BE SACKED . . . . regardless of our even winning the cup . . .why couldnt he just toe Kaspersack's line BY RESIGNING ?  angry

the boys played for themselves, and I am happy for Mikel, he was as outstanding as Osaze  wink

and I wonder why we blame Yakubu this much . . .what if he hadnt converted the 2nd goal ? am confortable with someone playing rubbish for 89 minutes and scoring the decisive goal in the 90th min . . .God bless u YAKU-BULL  grin
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by PurestBoy(m): 1:11am On Jan 30, 2008
aroti:

PurestBoy--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don talk am befor say na we we get the cup

for ssying this you are definately a plunker!!!

Hmmmmmmmmm

Thanks anyway
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by folahann(m): 1:17am On Jan 30, 2008
Mc Omo:

THE BOYS WILL RISE UP TO THE OCCASSION NOT COS THEY ARE GOOD, BUT COS I FEEL THERE IS THAT DIVINE THING GOIN FOR THEM, THE SAME IS WHAT I FELT WHEN I REITERATED HERE THAT WE WILL QUALIFY  DESPITE ALL THE PESSIMISM EXPRESSED cool

BUT BERTI VOGTS SHOULD STILL BE SACKED . . . . regardless of our even winning the cup . . .why couldnt he just toe Kaspersack's line BY RESIGNING ?  angry

the boys played for themselves, and I am happy for Mikel, he was as outstanding as Osaze  wink

Well, who doesn't know that Kanu did the coaching today. Even with that; I only saw God helping Nigeria
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by solokay(m): 1:18am On Jan 30, 2008
saved by Ivory coast. shame
No chance against Ghana
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by gbolio4(m): 1:21am On Jan 30, 2008
Well, Now That Osaze is gone, [2 yellow cards] ,

We'll be back home on Monday at the very Latest, ,, ,

Osaze odemwingie is without a doubt the Eagle's most consistent performer this tournament, . ,
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by Rolali: 2:11am On Jan 30, 2008
Naira landers,
i think since despite us not deserving this quater finals,as we didnt play like the super eagles we use to know,dont somebody thinks its neccessary for us to say thank u Lord for pardoning us and allowin us to see the nxt level?Isnt is neccessary we start prayin for God's intervention in what westerhof called "match of the tournament"?
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by Rolali: 2:13am On Jan 30, 2008
Naira landers,
i think since despite us not deserving this quater finals,as we didnt play like the super eagles we use to know,dont somebody thinks its neccessary for us to say thank u Lord for pardoning us and allowin us to see the nxt level?Isnt is neccessary we start prayin for God's intervention in what westerhof called "match of the tournament"?
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by edwardaigb: 5:53am On Jan 30, 2008
we sabi decieve ourselves well, instead make our good for nothing coach sidon and think of how him go fit win Ghana, he allow people to carry him. anyway, that same people go trow wey him after Ghana beat the hell out of us. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by princekay1(m): 6:38am On Jan 30, 2008
up Naija, we're playing Ivory Coast in finals
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by salinco(m): 7:49am On Jan 30, 2008
Thank God we won the match. But I don’t know what to expect from the Ghana match. Kanu was impressive on the bench. grin grin smiley smiley
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by obasanjo2(m): 7:50am On Jan 30, 2008
cool Well, well, well,  On page four of this thread, I said Nigeria would defeat Benin and play in the Semi-Finals. I just hope the Super Eagles would raise their game and then the referees would stop favouring Ghana with their 'ojoro' in their last three matches. Mikel needs to link up more with the attack and spray those killer passes. The gap between the midfield and the attack has been too much lately. We need more mobility, creativity, positional play, positive attitude and sharpness in front of goal. My best Eagles against The Squirrels were Osaze (he was simply the best!), Mikel, Ejide, Uche and Yobo. Let's enjoy the moment.    wink
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by uchetobi(f): 8:27am On Jan 30, 2008
Congrats Nigeria,

Lets pray for them against Ghana tho, at this rate anything is possible, the Eagles seem to perform when nobdy least expect and the goalless jinx has been broken, so lets cross our fingers and hope for the best. Osazie will be missed in that matc
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by chukz4real(m): 8:32am On Jan 30, 2008
Well, congratulations Nigeria. But remember Super Fowls of Nigeria is one match away from going back to their respective clubsides.

@makin
Thanks for that good one from the BBC.

shocked grin grin grin grin undecided
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by Nobody: 8:49am On Jan 30, 2008
gbolio4:

Well, Now That Osaze is gone, [2 yellow cards]

i don't think Osaze is gone, cos normally when u move from preliminaries to knockout stages in any championship, the cards u earn during the previous stages are wiped clean

so we can say he is free to play for the next match, but i sure would need clarifications on that

Up super Chickens of Nigeria

enjoy
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by uchetobi(f): 8:56am On Jan 30, 2008
kaecy5:

i don't think Osaze is gone, because normally when u move from preliminaries to knockout stages in any championship, the cards u earn during the previous stages are wiped clean

so we can say he is free to play for the next match, but i sure would need clarifications on that

Up super Chickens of Nigeria

enjoy

I hope so
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by mamaorga(f): 8:59am On Jan 30, 2008
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
       Ghana people sabi blow their horns, i just dey listen their morning shows  for radio today,
dem they talk say they go show us fire,
We need an excellent performance on sunday to win that match, We for pray tooo say make God let luck shine for our side,
        But with Osaze out frm that match i dont know, cos he is one of the best players in our team, but God dey sha,
 I go represent for that Accra stadium live,
 That match is known as the clash of the titans,
 When it comes to Ghana we shall bring out our best , trust me,
  Guys keep the faith,
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by prince84(m): 9:02am On Jan 30, 2008
@ all super owls need to do the foolowing,
play a more robust wing game
play just two strikers
play 4-4-2 diamond formation against ghana.
the ghanaians has very poor strikers just like we do grin grin
there game is in the middle, with essien and mutari causing all sorts.
there defence is not as strng as they look.

for the formation i suggest
                                                  ejide

yobo  shittu
nwaneri                                                                                   taye
                                              etuhu

mikel                osaze( or some other fowl)

uche
            nsofor                                         martins

subs used in last 30mins
yakubu 4 nsofor
kanu 4 uche
eromoghie 4 etuhu.

NOTE. ghana has a poor strike force, the game will go into extra time.
experience, strenght, and concentration will be needed.

me i still think the super fowls are still fowls, they are yet to play one good game.

anyhow sha i go still watch the match.
@CIV una try no be small, one drogba for all the CIV PLAYERS. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by Chukacarlo(m): 9:08am On Jan 30, 2008
I was very happy for the nigeria victory,but i think mali deserves to qualify.
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by divanaija1: 9:12am On Jan 30, 2008
angry
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by viceb: 9:18am On Jan 30, 2008
goallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
SUPER EAGLES--------------SUPER FOWLS-----------------SUPER SUPRISES
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by coolkaboom(m): 9:27am On Jan 30, 2008
while i am decidedly happy that CIV saved us by defeating Mali, i am still saddened by the fact that we have to struggle so hard to survive round 1.if wqe cant go all d way, we might as well not bother.i am almost sure that Ghana will humble us, i pray the incosnsistent eaglse make my day and proove me wrong again.

unconfirmed reports have it that Yar-adua made a phon call to Benin's president with a veiled threat to shut down our border with Benin indefinitely if his boys don't co-operate with us.me thinks they got d message.

no be me talk am o.na 4 beer parlour me too hear d gist.
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by divanaija1: 9:30am On Jan 30, 2008
shocked  shocked

coolkaboom:

unconfirmed reports have it that Yar-adua made a phon call to Benin's president with a veiled threat to shut down our border with Benin indefinitely if his boys don't co-operate with us.me thinks they got d message.

shocked  shocked

grin no wonder. . . .
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by dejiavu(m): 9:36am On Jan 30, 2008
I WARNED, DON'T SACK BERTI BECAUSE OF 2010 WORLD CUP "DISASTER"
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by ololakenny: 9:44am On Jan 30, 2008
i am happy we qualified. now we are at about 50% fit in tactics and formation to play in the tournament.

i was not happy at that jubilation, y on earth should somebody carry vogts in jubilation! either we win or loose, he should go. we need homebase coaches that has a track of our football successes.

odewinge was the man of that match. fast and purposeful.

we play ghana next. i need taye taiwo in 11, odewinge in 7, martins and yak as 9 & 8 respectively. please if anyone could reach vogts, help tell me to avoid fielding olofinjana or at best play him in T/taiwo stead in the defense.

i wish we could win, but sincerely yours, the confidence has waned over the past few days.
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by Nobody: 10:13am On Jan 30, 2008
Olofinjana Ke?
Tufiakwa.
we dont need someone that will cause penalty against ghana
abeg make him carry him wahala go
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by metro(m): 10:31am On Jan 30, 2008
prince84:

@

for the formation i suggest
                                                  ejide

yobo  shittu
nwaneri                                                                                   taye
                                              etuhu

mikel                
osaze

uche
            nsofor                                         martins

subs used in last 30mins
yakubu 4 nsofor
kanu 4 uche
eromoghie 4 etuhu.

your formation is not bad xccept dat utaka shud stat in place of nsoforand osazee shud play on the left side of midfield anf for Osazee's second bokin according to the regulation by FIFA, after the preliminary round of any tournament, all cards weda red or yellow is fulfitted, for kanu even if his injury problems get over he shud not stat the match against Ghana but sud assist the couching crew and come from the bench after the hour mark.  

pleaseeeeeeeeee after dis natin cup even if we bring the cup back which is only a big dream couch betty volks shud leave us alone for gud we nid a couch who can paly modern trend of futball we nid to try another dutch couch maybe luis van gaal who wants to couch a aountry to 2010 and his contract with A Z Alkmaar is ending dis season or any other couch but some one who has d pedegree either in club or country but not dat bettle made from volks grin grin
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by salinco(m): 11:13am On Jan 30, 2008
:-x :-x :-x
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by Emad(f): 11:17am On Jan 30, 2008
Well the players shd not rejoice too much
They will have Ghana to deal with at the quarter finals
and from the way i saw the Benin players threatening them, they better prepare to go home after that angry angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

FG Recognises Pinnick As NFF President To Avoid FIFA Ban / Liverpool Vs Chelsea: Lampard Reveals How He Will Replace Hazard / Wayne Rooney Given Interim Role At Derby After Cocu Dismissal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.