Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,487 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) (101658 Views)

Lighthouse In Amazon (Complete Novel) / Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) / LOVE AND MARIJUANA (The Complete Novel) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by Iaz93: 9:43pm On Nov 15, 2012
Yes...i knew it! I knew it was Daniel! Haha! I badt gan... *clapping for myself*

1 Like

Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by Iaz93: 9:46pm On Nov 15, 2012
Really enjoying it. .daniel go start with hm own explanation...lwkmd.... This Lot na goat...lmao
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by LarrySun(m): 10:17pm On Nov 15, 2012
Iaz93: Yes...i knew it! I knew it was Daniel! Haha! I badt gan... *clapping for myself*

You really deserve the applause, at least. What gave you the impression that it was Daniel who did it?
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by Adinije(f): 10:18pm On Nov 15, 2012
I knew it was Daniel who pulled the trigger but what I couldn't get straight were the mysteries surrounding the suitation.
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by Adinije(f): 10:31pm On Nov 15, 2012
'
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by Adinije(f): 10:37pm On Nov 15, 2012
' Lot noticed blood oozing from
the scratch marks on the police officer’s left wrist but he didn’t comment about it, it wasn’t any of his
business, he thought.' copied from ch 10. The moment I came across this, my instinct told me it was Daniel who committed the murder.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by LarrySun(m): 10:41pm On Nov 15, 2012
Adinije: ' Lot noticed blood oozing from
the scratch marks on the police officer’s left wrist but he didn’t comment about it, it wasn’t any of his
business, he thought.' copied from ch 10. The moment I came across this, my instinct told me it was Daniel who committed the murder.

You're so very shrewd. Do you have any theory about the motive behind Daniel's action?
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by Iaz93: 10:45pm On Nov 15, 2012
Larry-Sun:

You really deserve the applause, at least. What gave you the impression that it was Daniel who did it?
meHn...i just had that feeling that he was the one, after chapter 10, where Lot saw scratch marks on his arm
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by LarrySun(m): 10:54pm On Nov 15, 2012
Iaz93:
meHn...i just had that feeling that he was the one, after chapter 10, where Lot saw scratch marks on his arm

It's a pity that Lot wasn't as clever. If it were you, I know you'd have found out the reason behind the bruises.
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by Iaz93: 11:28pm On Nov 15, 2012
Larry-Sun:

It's a pity that Lot wasn't as clever. If it were you, I know you'd have found out the reason behind the bruises.
LOL!! For sure na... I must ask questions oh

1 Like

Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by Adinije(f): 11:43pm On Nov 15, 2012
Thanks for the compliment. I am the most lazy reader in the world but this crime thriller has got me hooked. All I do is lurk around waiting for update. You are unarguably good. May your ink never run dry Amen.

As for the motive behind Daniel action, three possible motives are going up in my mind. Its either for the love he had for Abigail or someone paid him to kill mc or Mc have wronged him in the past and he decided to take his pound of flesh.
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by LarrySun(m): 12:32am On Nov 16, 2012
Adinije: Thanks for the compliment. I am the most lazy reader in the world but this crime thriller has got me hooked. All I do is lurk around waiting for update. You are unarguably good. May your ink never run dry Amen.

As for the motive behind Daniel action, three possible motives are going up in my mind. Its either for the love he had for Abigail or someone paid him to kill mc or Mc have wronged him in the past and he decided to take his pound of flesh.

Wow! I've said it before, and I'll say it again: YOU'RE VERY IMAGINATIVE! But the story did not really go in that direction.
My intention was to post the next chapter tomorrow, but I'll post it now because of you.
Thanks.
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by LarrySun(m): 12:33am On Nov 16, 2012
Book now available for sale. To get the full copy, contact the author via larrysundynasty@gmail.com. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 2:47am On Nov 16, 2012
brokoto: ok. pls Daniel is innocent. I'm the one who killed Cain Martins
YOU LIE! ! I killed Cain Martins. cheesy
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by Adinije(f): 6:21am On Nov 16, 2012
Larry-Sun:

Wow! I've said it before, and I'll say it again: YOU'RE VERY IMAGINATIVE! But the story did not really go in that direction.
My intention was to post the next chapter tomorrow, but I'll post it now because of you.
Thanks.

Thank you
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by IZUKWU(m): 7:24am On Nov 16, 2012
What a twist .what a tale
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by LarrySun(m): 7:30am On Nov 16, 2012
IZUKWU: What a twist .what a tale

The story hasn't ended.
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by Adinije(f): 7:34am On Nov 16, 2012
am really impressed, finally everyone was free, free from the devil, free from conscience.
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by UjSizzle(f): 7:59am On Nov 16, 2012
Awww i love this. Richard is free and gets the girl smiley. Everyone's finally able to let go of their guilt and find peace.
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by Iaz93: 8:21am On Nov 16, 2012
The story hasnt ended na....what of Richard and Abigail, won't they kiss?
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by zayhal(f): 8:41am On Nov 16, 2012
Kudos Larrysun, you're doing a wonderful job. Writing is not an easy thing.

A few comments on chapter twenty-one:
I think the narrations of Kish and Richard are too long and smooth without interjections. I suggest you chip in reactions from their listeners every now and then. For example, when Richard mentioned how much he loves Abigail, she shifted uneasily in her seat/she looked up at him surprisingly... You know something like that. Let your readers feel the reactions of the other people in the living room. It will make it more real.

Again, Richard's narration is too comfortable and smooth for reality. He was not narrating like someone under tension. His speech was too smooth; giving details of time, professing undying love for Abigail, giving comparisons here and there and so on. I think you should inject some level of apprehension/nervousness in his narration.

And again, I expected that Hakeem would have been long dismissed. What's he still doing there listeneing to all the details. In a real life situation, I doubt if his presence would still be needed at that particular time.

Hope I make some sense to you.

Let me quickly go to chapter 22. This story is captivating!

4 Likes

Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 11:59am On Nov 16, 2012
Larry-Sun:

The story hasn't ended.
i know. the last part is where detective lot is arrested for masterminding everything. tongue tongue *just joking*
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by LarrySun(m): 12:03pm On Nov 16, 2012
zayhal: Kudos Larrysun, you're doing a wonderful job. Writing is not an easy thing.

A few comments on chapter twenty-one:
I think the narrations of Kish and Richard are too long and smooth without interjections. I suggest you chip in reactions from their listeners every now and then. For example, when Richard mentioned how much he loves Abigail, she shifted uneasily in her seat/she looked up at him surprisingly... You know something like that. Let your readers feel the reactions of the other people in the living room. It will make it more real.

Again, Richard's narration is too comfortable and smooth for reality. He was not narrating like someone under tension. His speech was too smooth; giving details of time, professing undying love for Abigail, giving comparisons here and there and so on. I think you should inject some level of apprehension/nervousness in his narration.

And again, I expected that Hakeem would have been long dismissed. What's he still doing there listeneing to all the details. In a real life situation, I doubt if his presence would still be needed at that particular time.

Hope I make some sense to you.

Let me quickly go to chapter 22. This story is captivating!

Thank you, Zayhal, thanks so much. You're very right. You see, I wrote this script over two years ago. I've not really taken time to revisit the plottings and characterizations. I was busy writing another one. However, I shall do that asap. Thanks again. I wish to see more of your comments and observations.
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by LarrySun(m): 12:06pm On Nov 16, 2012
brokoto: i know. the last part is where detective lot is arrested for masterminding everything. tongue tongue *just joking*

LOL! That would really spoil the story. A detective isn't supposed to be the criminal.
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 12:08pm On Nov 16, 2012
i was *just joking*
Larry-Sun:

LOL! That would really spoil the story. A detective isn't supposed to be the criminal.
but Daniel was a detective, no?
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by LarrySun(m): 12:20pm On Nov 16, 2012
brokoto: i was *just joking* but Daniel was a detective, no?

Yes, Bro. I know you were joking.
Daniel wasn't a detective; he was an ordinary police-officer assisting a detective in the investigation.
And, he didn't commit a crime...he was only at the wrong place. May GOD protect us all. LOL!
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by LarrySun(m): 12:26pm On Nov 16, 2012
Iaz93: The story hasnt ended na....what of Richard and Abigail, won't they kiss?

Iaz, they've kissed before, remember?
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by Splendblex(f): 1:01pm On Nov 16, 2012
chaii...i am really enjoyin dis story.welldone larry
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 16, 2012
subscribing.
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by Iaz93: 2:31pm On Nov 16, 2012
Larry-Sun:

Iaz, they've kissed before, remember?
yeah, but they need to kiss again
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by movmentish(m): 7:57pm On Nov 16, 2012
Larry-Sun you are good,very good!!!!!!!
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by LarrySun(m): 9:31pm On Nov 16, 2012
Book now available for sale. To get the full copy, contact the author via larrysundynasty@gmail.com. Thanks.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

The Day The World Ended / #my Life / Tormented

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.