Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,152 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? (2157 Views)

Origin And History Of Anambra Towns / The Origin And Etymology Of Assassination / The Origin Of The Igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? by naturalwaves: 7:14pm On Oct 27, 2012
tomakint:

I have not been too frequent at the music section for sometimes but pays constant visits to the politics, romance, culture, sectarian politics sections.So, I have been around for a while now. I once read ur comment on the Mimiko's election sometimes, takia bro!

Okay....I hardly visit sections too. Sometimes, I just operate on the front page, it all depends on my mood. This your thread has turned from a supposed one line answer/ reply to stories, no thanks to Dayokanu and co.
Re: Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? by slimyem: 7:19pm On Oct 27, 2012
tomakint:

Nope, I can't speak the dialect am not from Akure wink At least I can speak some Ondo, Idanre, Ikale dialects.I am an Ondo town man (that's my Dad's) the people that speak like they are singing.Of course, when AKure people are talking I do understand them. Are u from Akure? I have just gone thru ur diaries, very loaded and insightful as 4 ur cousin's wedding comin up soon, just keep prayin 4 her
I was going to ask to ask to to convince your doubter on this thread about your origin...but scratch that.
Anyways,i am a proper Ondo town geh...:Dand i also understand all the other surrounding dialects too...
Can your read something wriiten in Ondo dialect..
See this thread..Its not my writing but....https://www.nairaland.com/1006546/ode-beautiful-home
lol@my diary...#no comment on that#smileysmiley
Re: Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? by Cuteobi(f): 7:36pm On Oct 27, 2012
Complete Delta babe!!
Re: Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? by tomakint: 7:42pm On Oct 27, 2012
naturalwaves:

Okay....I hardly visit sections too. Sometimes, I just operate on the front page, it all depends on my mood. This your thread has turned from a supposed one line answer/ reply to stories, no thanks to Dayokanu and co.
It's a pity some of us still retain tribalistic notions for our fellow compatriots in a modern Nigeria, as for that guy for now he is my town crier! I am really enjoying him he is really 'tomakintphobic'! But the guy strong oo, doggin me around
Re: Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 27, 2012
Cuteobi: Complete Delta babe!!

Where in delta are you from?
Re: Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 27, 2012
Nigeria - the heartbeat of Africa, Nigeria is Africa.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? by dayokanu(m): 7:55pm On Oct 27, 2012
slimyem: I was going to ask to ask to to convince your doubter on this thread about your origin...but scratch that.
Anyways,i am a proper Ondo town geh...:Dand i also understand all the other surrounding dialects too...
Can your read something wriiten in Ondo dialect..
See this thread..Its not my writing but....https://www.nairaland.com/1006546/ode-beautiful-home
lol@my diary...#no comment on that#smileysmiley

Yemi Tell me you actually believe a Yoruba so would write the blow about his own tribe?

tomakint:

Omo you are just there, indeed this is the absolute truth! [size=18pt]Very unpredictable set of people and highly fearful[/size]. Right on point pal!

https://www.nairaland.com/1007745/ogoniland-declares-independence/8#11674909
Re: Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? by tomakint: 8:15pm On Oct 27, 2012
@slimyem le o ye iigrin wao u really made my day with that other thread i really enjoy d digs between u and honeric01grin se we da je lokili pe, sure I understood what u wrote (u can call my fone to verify). Doubters? please slimyem don't go there, i owe those bigots no explanation in case u dont know Dayokanu is a scammer, very soon he can even say u are me. U are very cute and funny, why not attempt a novel, I am proud of youwink Ondo,Idanre (my mom's place) and ile oluji av almost d same dialect.
Re: Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? by dayokanu(m): 8:27pm On Oct 27, 2012
Surely someone who describes "his own tribe" as fearful and unpredictable would have no explanations for it
Re: Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? by slimyem: 8:46pm On Oct 27, 2012
dayokanu:

Yemi Tell me you actually believe a Yoruba so would write the blow about his own tribe?

https://www.nairaland.com/1007745/ogoniland-declares-independence/8#11674909
lol.
I just scanned thru that page...
I'd want to believe that was a slip in writing...if he is truly yoruba.
...and that's the only post that makes you doubt him...isn't it?
Besides,I don't see why anyone would want to deny his own place and claim some other random state on a harmless thread..but then this is Nairaland...
If he isn't an omo oodua...and he's claiming to be,doesn't it just mean we rock and he likes to be us?smiley
...and then doubting and seeking out fake people on a forum like this is so much energy i'd rather save for other things...
Re: Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? by slimyem: 8:54pm On Oct 27, 2012
tomakint: @slimyem le o ye iigrin wao u really made my day with that other thread i really enjoy d digs between u and honeric01grin se we da je lokili pe, sure I understood what u wrote (u can call my fone to verify). Doubters? please slimyem don't go there, i owe those bigots no explanation in case u dont know Dayokanu is a scammer, very soon he can even say u are me. U are very cute and funny, why not attempt a novel, I am proud of youwink Ondo,Idanre (my mom's place) and ile oluji av almost d same dialect.
lol@wa je lokili pe...smiley
Attempt a novel?? cheesy
Writing is not really my thing o..
I'm a lazy person.
I do try sometimes though but stuff i write are too personal and not for the public...cheesy
Re: Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? by dayokanu(m): 8:58pm On Oct 27, 2012
Slip in writing that would make a Yoruba son call his own people fearful and unpredictable

He has been found out to be a fraud actually he is Andre Uweh aka Abadaba and Ngodigha. The motive of snakes like him is to cause discord. Its like saying I am Slimyems brother, and I say our ancestors are useless, The point now becomes, "if Slimyems brother can admit that their ancestors and useless people then It would hold some weight"

How about another slip in writing shown below

tomakint: It is no longer news that the N’digbo are warming up to present a candidate for the 2015 Presidential race, in my own candid opinion it is a dream project that has long been overdue. Indeed, [size=18pt]this is the time we as a people [/size](should rally round our Igbo brothers and sisters in unison and see how this dream can be actualized come 2015 but still on one ground, that is, if and only if the entity called Nigeria will still be ONE!

How I wish my Igbo brothers and sisters will stop pursuing different agenda and come together under a unified voice for the common good of their FUTURE! [size=18pt]To my Igbo compatriots I say to you all,[/size]

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? by tomakint: 9:21pm On Oct 27, 2012
@slimyem pls if u want us to relate I am afraid the involvement of that grandson of Chief S.L Akintola (Dayokanu) may scuttle that.I don't fraternize with haters (read his posts) he is too Yorubacentric for my liking. If u take him too seriously I am out! He is tryin 2 derail this thread. Even if I tell him my tribe 1billion times he is too dead to his bigoted views to believe, avoid him like a plaque!
Re: Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? by slimyem: 9:35pm On Oct 27, 2012
dayokanu: Slip in writing that would make a Yoruba son call his own people fearful and unpredictable

He has been found out to be a fraud actually he is Andre Uweh aka Abadaba and Ngodigha. The motive of snakes like him is to cause discord. Its like saying I am Slimyems brother, and I say our ancestors are useless, The point now becomes, "if Slimyems brother can admit that their ancestors and useless people then It would hold some weight"

How about another slip in writing shown below

That post doesn't expressly make him igbo if i understand it well.
He called the igbo his brothers which isn't such a bad thing IMO.i could say the same too..depending on the context
I give up anyways..
You both obviously know yourselves better..
We have derailed this thread enough.
Re: Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? by slimyem: 9:35pm On Oct 27, 2012
Double post!!!
Re: Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? by aljharem(m): 3:30pm On Oct 28, 2012
slimyem: That post doesn't expressly make him igbo if i understand it well.
He called the igbo his brothers which isn't such a bad thing IMO.i could say the same too..depending on the context
I give up anyways..
You both obviously know yourselves better..
We have derailed this thread enough.

Trust me the OP is Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? by abbeyty(m): 10:39pm On Oct 28, 2012
i bet he is an igbo man who has been living in ondo town for only God knows how many year. some Igbos write and speak Yoruba fluently. dont be deceived. it is only a bastar.d that talks evil of where he or she comes from

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Onitsha Ofala Festival / Do Igbo ,ibibio And Efik Relate Historically / Benin Slangs!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.