Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,181 members, 7,829,238 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Must A Born-again Christian Go To Church Every Sunday? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must A Born-again Christian Go To Church Every Sunday? (4453 Views)

Can A Born Again Give A Head During Sex? / Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? / Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must A Born-again Christian Go To Church Every Sunday? by pastormustwacc: 1:06pm On Oct 24, 2012
Now, based on so many views and comments from here and elsewhere.

I am now asking the born again christians here:

Do you go to church every sunday / must you go to church every sunday?

If not, will it forfeit your salvation??
Re: Must A Born-again Christian Go To Church Every Sunday? by JeSoul(f): 3:24pm On Oct 24, 2012
I think the real question should be 'why wouldn't you want to go to church every sunday'?

When you become a christian, you become joined to a larger family, a network of believers with Christ as the head. Just as you love your earthly family and enjoy spending time with them, so also you should enjoy spending time with your heavenly family.

I go to church because I honestly love my church, my pastor and my fellow brethren :-). I can see why it would be a chore if one didn't love their local church.
Re: Must A Born-again Christian Go To Church Every Sunday? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 24, 2012
Every christian should attend church services every sunday.As a catholic I know the church teaches that sunday mass is compulsory
Re: Must A Born-again Christian Go To Church Every Sunday? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 24, 2012
Every christian should attend church services every sunday.As a catholic I know the church teaches that sunday mass is compulsory.one more thing every baptised xtian is born again and one can't become a xtian until you are baptised so I think the phrase born 'again xtian' is an improper phrase since all xtians are indeed born again.
Re: Must A Born-again Christian Go To Church Every Sunday? by pastormustwacc: 4:01pm On Oct 24, 2012
chukwudi44: Every christian should attend church services every sunday.As a catholic I know the church teaches that sunday mass is compulsory
No, catholics have holy days of obligations that they MUST go to church.

Well, my thread remains the same. Because i am aware that a good number of christians do not go to church regularly both on this board, and according to my sources outside the country as well. Maybe this does not affect nairaland, but no, take a look at the thread

How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service?
Re: Must A Born-again Christian Go To Church Every Sunday? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 24, 2012
[/quote]No, catholics have holy days of obligations that they MUST go to church [quote]

Sunday mass is compulsory for catholics.The holy days of obligations refers to other days besides sunday that mass is compulsory
Re: Must A Born-again Christian Go To Church Every Sunday? by pastormustwacc: 6:34pm On Oct 24, 2012
chukwudi44: Sunday mass is compulsory for catholics.The holy days of obligations refers to other days besides sunday that mass is compulsory
U have just contradicted yourself. Anyway, I know what you meant to say.
Re: Must A Born-again Christian Go To Church Every Sunday? by CrazyMan(m): 7:34pm On Oct 24, 2012
Yes...Its mandatory that every born again christian must go to church.

The book of Hebrews clearly says that we are not to forsake the assembling of ourselves as is the manner of some in

Hebrews 10:24-25. 24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: 25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Now it would be hard to “spur one another on toward love and good deeds” if we are sitting at home and watching a TV or Internet evangelist.

Also...Hebrews 13:17 is an impossible command for the Christian to follow (if he doesn't go to church) since it says Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith.”

You can not imitate what you do not see and you can not remember church leaders if you never attended a church service.
Re: Must A Born-again Christian Go To Church Every Sunday? by pastormustwacc: 7:42pm On Oct 24, 2012
Very good. Next =>
Re: Must A Born-again Christian Go To Church Every Sunday? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 24, 2012
YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO GO TO CHURCH. ITS A WICKED THING TO GO TO CHURCH. PEOPLE WHO GO TO CHURCHES ARE NOT SEEKING THE LORD. THEY ARE SEEKING SE-X PARTNERS, COMPANION, MONEY, SHOWING OFF THEIR WEALTH, SOCIALIZING,ETC. SCRIPTURE SAYS YOUR BODY IS THE CHURCH. THE 'PHYSICAL CHURCH' AS IN ORGANIZED RELIGION IS ONE OF THE MARK OF THE BEAST. THIS IS A PHILOSOPHY YOU RECEIVE INTO YOUR FOREHEAD ( MIND )FROM THE WICKED RULERS OF THE WORLD. SCRIPTURE SAYS GET OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE, MEANING GET OUT OF THE MINDSET OF THE RULERS OF THIS WORLD OR YOU WILL RECIEVE OF HER PLAGUES

ACTS 17 VS 24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

ACTS 7 VS 48 "However, the Most High does not dwell in houses made by human hands; as the prophet says:

SEEK THE COMPANY OF OTHER BELIEVERS BUT NOT IN ORGANIZED RELIGION. GO TO EACH OTHERS HOUSES AND MINISTER TO EACH OTHER. SCRIPTURE SAYS WHERE ONE OR TWO ARE GATHERED IN MY NAME THERE I WILL BE.

AND ON THE ISSUE OF SUNDAY ? THIS IS A PAGAN DOCTRINE OF SUN WORSHIP. YOU HAVE TO GET OUT OF THE MINDSET OF THIS WORLD IF YOU WANT TO INHERIT THE KINGDOM. YOU CANT CELEBRATE XMAS, EASTER, GO TO CHURCH AS IN ORGANIZED CHURCH ETC ETC. BUT HEY ? SCRIPTURE SAYS THE WAY TO HEAVEN IS NARROW SO I GUESS THE QUESTION IS HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT ?

2 Likes

Re: Must A Born-again Christian Go To Church Every Sunday? by ogoamaka99(m): 8:00pm On Oct 24, 2012
chukwudi44: Every christian should attend church services every sunday.As a catholic I know the church teaches that sunday mass is compulsory.one more thing every baptised xtian is born again and one can't become a xtian until you are baptised so I think the phrase born 'again xtian' is an improper phrase since all xtians are indeed born again.
@ chukwudi44,
Sorry chukwudi you don't know what it means to be born again. To be Baptized is not is not born again but a religious ritual.

1 Like

Re: Must A Born-again Christian Go To Church Every Sunday? by Horus(m): 8:08pm On Oct 24, 2012
No they should not go to church on Sunday. If God went to sleep on the seventh day and Christ is worshipped on Sunday then who are they (Sunday churchgoers) praying to? Because God is sleeping, unless you are trying to wake him up and serve him on his day of sleeping . . . God worked a whole six days and now on Sunday morning he’s laying in his bed. This is how he makes this sound. God is sitting in his chair, or laying in his bed he goes to sleep on Sunday morning, and you go to church on Sunday morning and go, “oh God, oh God, oh God.” Then you’re wondering why your prayers are not being answered. The reason why your prayers are not being answered is quite simple; because God sleeps on Sunday. You have to change the day – try Wednesday when God is up working. Have you ever tried to disturb your mother and father when they were working or sleeping? You don’t thank God for health and the gifts that you have. You’re in church on Sunday begging for more stuff.
Re: Must A Born-again Christian Go To Church Every Sunday? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 24, 2012
Horus: No they should not go to church on Sunday. If God went to sleep on the seventh day and Christ is worshipped on Sunday then who are they (Sunday churchgoers) praying to? Because God is sleeping, unless you are trying to wake him up and serve him on his day of sleeping . . . God worked a whole six days and now on Sunday morning he’s laying in his bed. This is how he makes this sound. God is sitting in his chair, or laying in his bed he goes to sleep on Sunday morning, and you go to church on Sunday morning and go, “oh God, oh God, oh God.” Then you’re wondering why your prayers are not being answered. The reason why your prayers are not being answered is quite simple; because God sleeps on Sunday. You have to change the day – try Wednesday when God is up working. Have you ever tried to disturb your mother and father when they were working or sleeping? You don’t thank God for health and the gifts that you have. You’re in church on Sunday begging for more stuff.

Kids of today will laugh at this comment you made. How many prayers of yours has Jesus answered? Please be honest
Re: Must A Born-again Christian Go To Church Every Sunday? by Horus(m): 8:21pm On Oct 24, 2012
ifeness:

Kids of today will laugh at this comment you made. How many prayers of yours has Jesus answered? Please be honest

I am not religious at all, you should be able to recognise my sarcasm toward religion when reading my post.
Re: Must A Born-again Christian Go To Church Every Sunday? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 24, 2012
Really? Some people are saying going to church is compulsory?

Does it mean that if you do not go to church on Sundays, you are hell bound There are false prophets and pastors teaching perverted theology out there; I'm tired of their BS that's why I prefer studying the Bible @home / TV programs or sharing with brethren online like this to attending Church services.

I'll never risk being misled because I think attending church service is a pre-requisite to making Heaven! I haven't come across it anywhere in the Bible.

Shikena~!

2 Likes

Re: Must A Born-again Christian Go To Church Every Sunday? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Oct 24, 2012
seriallink: Really? Some people are saying going to church is compulsory?

Does it mean that if you do not go to church on Sundays, you are hell bound There are false prophets and pastors teaching perverted theology out there; I'm tired of their BS that's why I prefer studying the Bible @home / TV programs or sharing with brethren online like this to attending Church services.

I'll never risk being misled because I think attending church service is a pre-requisite to making Heaven! I haven't come across it anywhere in the Bible.

Shikena~!
LOL YOU ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK. ATTENDING ORGANIZED CHURCH IS SURE ENOUGH THE WAY OUT OF HEAVEN. BRAH ? WE ARE VERY CLOSE. I CAN FEEL IT. IT IS GOING TO GET VERY ROUGH BEFORE THE KINGDOM SURFACES. 3RD WOE AND ARMAGGEDON. AFTER WHICH WE WILL INHERIT THE KINGDOM, GOD WILLING WE ARE IN THE NUMBER
Re: Must A Born-again Christian Go To Church Every Sunday? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Oct 24, 2012
^^^Thank you bro; some people don't have the eyes to see all these things! False Prophets & Pastors just dey brainwash dem grin
Re: Must A Born-again Christian Go To Church Every Sunday? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Oct 24, 2012
seriallink: ^^^Thank you bro; some people don't have the eyes to see all these things! False Prophets & Pastors just dey brainwash dem grin
FEW ARE CHOSEN BRO. YOU ALREADY KNOW grin

1 Like

Re: Must A Born-again Christian Go To Church Every Sunday? by pastormustwacc: 3:41am On Oct 25, 2012
Now, the thread is taking a very good turn around. It is almost as if i could see this coming.

So now, we have 2 groups of people on this thread:
1. Those that support "organized churches" or "organized worship" - majority
2. Those that support "unorganized worships" - where 2 or 3 are gathered in my name. - minority

Thank you to everyone that contributed so far.

Now, is it possible that minority is right?

MORE Please =>
Re: Must A Born-again Christian Go To Church Every Sunday? by Nobody: 3:47am On Oct 25, 2012
@ogoamaka

Please baptism is same thing as born again.it is not just one of those ritual.Any unbaptised person is not born again no matter the no of verbal 'confessions' being made by that person.you must be baptised with water and receive the holy spirit before you are born again
Re: Must A Born-again Christian Go To Church Every Sunday? by pastormustwacc: 3:53am On Oct 25, 2012
^^^You must be baptised with water and fire
Re: Must A Born-again Christian Go To Church Every Sunday? by Ubenedictus(m): 5:56am On Oct 25, 2012
ogoamaka99:
@ chukwudi44,
Sorry chukwudi you don't know what it means to be born again. To be Baptized is not is not born again but a religious ritual.
actually chukwudi is right on point, what did Jesus describe as "born again"? He said "born of water and the holyspirit". If ur friend or preacher tell u othewise, challenge him.
Re: Must A Born-again Christian Go To Church Every Sunday? by ijawkid(m): 6:27am On Oct 25, 2012
chukwudi44: @ogoamaka

Please baptism is same thing as born again.it is not just one of those ritual.Any unbaptised person is not born again no matter the no of verbal 'confessions' being made by that person.you must be baptised with water and receive the holy spirit before you are born again

You are correct.....

That is why persons or servants of God who existed before Jesu§ aren't born agains...

They never experienced baptism by water.....

Chukwu u correct joor......
Re: Must A Born-again Christian Go To Church Every Sunday? by pastormustwacc: 7:26pm On Oct 25, 2012
Thank you all for your responses.

(1) (Reply)

Elaho: The Most Powerful Benin Diety / The Christian God The HOLY SPIRIT Is An " IT" / Biblical Prophesy Fulfilled In Nigeria!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.