Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,839 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men (7759 Views)

Kenyan Girl Has This To Say About Nigerian Guys / Three(3) Common Misconceptions Women Believe About Men / "Never Let a Man Define Who You Are" - Oprah Winfrey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by ITbomb(m): 10:59pm On Oct 24, 2012
HEAR WHAT OPRAH WINFREY HAD TO SAY ABOUT MEN :
If a man wants you, nothing can keep him away. If he doesn't want you, nothing can make him stay.
Stop making excuses for a man and his behavior. Allow your intuition (or spirit) to save you from heartache. Stop trying to change yourself for a relationship that's not meant to be.
Slower is better. Never live your life for a man before you find what makes you truly happy. If a relationship ends because the man was not treating you as you deserve then heck no, you can't "be friends". A friend wouldn't mistreat a friend. Don't settle. If you feel like he is stringing you along, then he probably is.
Don't stay because you think "it will get better"You'll be mad at yourself a year later for staying when things are not better.The only person you can control in a relationship is you.

2 Likes

Re: What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by ITbomb(m): 11:02pm On Oct 24, 2012
Avoid men who've got a bunch of children by a bunch of different women.He didn't marry them when he got them pregnant, why would he treat you any differently?
Always have your own set of friends separate from his. Maintain boundaries in how a guy treats you. If something bothers you, speak up.
Never let a man know everything.* He will use it against you later. You cannot change a man's behavior.* Change comes from within. Don't EVER make him feel he is more important than you are...Even if he has more education or in a better job.Do not make him into a quasi-god.
He is a man, nothing more nothing less.
Never let a man define who you are. Never borrow someone else's man. If he cheated with you, he'll cheat on you. [/b]A man will only treat you the way you ALLOW him to treat you.[b] All men are NOT dogs.
Re: What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by ITbomb(m): 11:04pm On Oct 24, 2012
This space is intentionally kept empty
Re: What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by ITbomb(m): 11:06pm On Oct 24, 2012
You should not be the one doing all the bending...Compromise is two way street. You need time to heal between relationships...There is nothing cute about baggage...Deal with your issues before pursuing a new relationship. You should never look for someone to COMPLETE you...A relationship consists of two WHOLE individuals...Look for someone complimentary...not supplementary.
Dating is fun...even if he doesn't turn out to be Mr. Right. Make him miss you sometimes...when a man always know where you are, and you're always readily available to him - he takes it for granted
Never move into his mother's house. Never co-sign for a man. Don't fully commit to a man who doesn't give you everything that you need.*Keep him in your radar but get to know others. Scared of being alone is what makes a lot of women stay in relationships that are abusive or hurtful:
Dr. Phil says You should know that: You're the best thing that could ever happen to anyone and if a man mistreats you, he'll miss out on a good thing. If he was attracted to you in the 1st place, just know that he's not the only one.They're all watching you, so you have a lot of choices.Make the right one.
Ladies take care of your own hearts...
Re: What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by Nobody: 11:32pm On Oct 24, 2012
what more can I say?!
Re: What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by Caracta(f): 11:33pm On Oct 24, 2012
acidosis™:
what more can I say?!
check
Re: What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by Caracta(f): 11:35pm On Oct 24, 2012
Nice.I'm not a great fan of Oprah, but i love this post
Re: What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by Caracta(f): 11:37pm On Oct 24, 2012
ITbomb: .
All men are NOT dogs.
Really?
Re: What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by 190theclown: 11:41pm On Oct 24, 2012
chronicules of an angry wrong ugly black woman

Make I go sleep abeg - post is wrong from A-Z
Re: What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by DExplorer1: 11:47pm On Oct 24, 2012
ITbomb, you got brain. The bolded are real keys but Oprah's opinion here is absolutely one-sided.
Re: What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by ATMC(f): 11:56pm On Oct 24, 2012
Will read this later when i'm less busy
Re: What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by Rooneyboy(m): 12:18am On Oct 25, 2012
This woman should go and sit down jaree, how much does she know about men

An old cargo that has just bluntly refused to accept the fact that she's old .

Or does she think she knows better than the ladies of this era
Re: What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by Nobody: 2:01am On Oct 25, 2012
Bleep Oprah he don't even have a man
Re: What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by ITbomb(m): 5:39am On Oct 25, 2012
D-Explorer:
ITbomb, you got brain. The bolded are real keys but Oprah's opinion here is absolutely one-sided.
What more would u expect from a woman right activist .
I don't agree with her 100% but some girls should use their brain in a relationship .

Her equal right stuff won't work in Nigeria cos even the Nigerian woman knows she has to be submissive to her partner
Re: What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by Nobody: 6:24am On Oct 25, 2012
Oprah Oprah! Well not bad but highly biased. An old woman who lacks a man in her life wanna talk about relationships. Hmnn!
Re: What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by Rooneyboy(m): 7:28am On Oct 25, 2012
very silly lady indeed !
She herself can even withstand the challenges that comes with relationships and she's trying to advice ladies like she's conquered all.
Re: What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by Rooneyboy(m): 7:29am On Oct 25, 2012
tpacalipse: Oprah Oprah! Well not bad but highly biased. An old woman who lacks a man in her life wanna talk about relationships. Hmnn!

disastrous advice u may call it
Re: What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by DExplorer1: 7:33am On Oct 25, 2012
ITbomb:
What more would u expect from a woman right activist .
I don't agree with her 100% but some girls should use their brain in a relationship .

Her equal right stuff won't work in Nigeria cos even the Nigerian woman knows she has to be submissive to her partner
You just gave my thought a voice. I read this excerpt "Don't fully commit to a man who doesn't give you everything that you need" and someother lines. Such won't work here. Her advise though more of personal experiences and conclusion of her condition will no-doubt help some ladies in more ways than one.
Re: What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by DExplorer1: 7:35am On Oct 25, 2012
Rooneyboy: very silly lady indeed !
She herself can even withstand the challenges that comes with relationships and she's trying to advice ladies like she's conquered all.
Don't you know it's failures that advice better?
Re: What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by nikkyshyne(f): 8:05am On Oct 25, 2012
You sure all these are Oprah's quotes? I like them though.
Re: What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by Nobody: 8:14am On Oct 25, 2012
ITbomb: .
Never borrow someone else's man. If he cheated with you, he'll cheat on you. [/b]A man will only treat you the way you ALLOW him to treat you.[b] All men are NOT dogs.
i agree with this. but what i dont understand is why men who act like dogs run their mouths like biatches when they get beaten at their own game?
Re: What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by Nobody: 8:34am On Oct 25, 2012
True talk! Everything she said is generally true...but the sad thing is,our ladies don't give a damn.They always hope it will turn blissful in a r/ship with the wrong guy,even when trouble is staring at them...
Re: What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by sKy007: 8:52am On Oct 25, 2012
Oprah is 90% true , ladies should use their head , change is from inside . If a man had use a certain attitude to grow to 25 yrs , don't expect to change by giving punny
Re: What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by Nobody: 9:08am On Oct 25, 2012
I agree with most of what she has said.
For those who say she is an old lady not having a man. so what?
she is very successful. she has made it from rags to riches. I look up to her. And she has made it without a man grin

2 Likes

Re: What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 25, 2012
carefreewannabe: I agree with most of what she has said.
she is very successful. she has made it from rags to riches. I look up to her. And she has made it without a man grin
Real talk

1 Like

Re: What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 25, 2012
Rooneyboy: very silly lady indeed !
Rooneyboy:
disastrous advice u may call it

Just because the advice came from Oprah doesn't make the advice disastrous. I'm not an Oprah fan myself, but she has a point.
She may be an unmarried woman, but she's not ignorant when it comes to issues of men. She has a lover whom she's been dating for over a decade (and she did have others before him).
Just because she doesn't define herself through marriage doesn't mean that she can't offer relationship advice.
For instance, she states, "Avoid men who've got a bunch of children by a bunch of different women. He didn't marry them when he got them pregnant, why would he treat you any differently?".....
Is there anything wrong with the above piece of advice? Aren't these the exact words you'd tell your daughter? Aren't these the very same words your mother would tell your sisters? You now have a problem with the very same advice simply because it came from Oprah? Good advice is good advice regardless of who is relaying it.

1 Like

Re: What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 25, 2012
Good Girl:

Just because the advice came from Oprah doesn't make the advice disastrous. Am not an Oprah fan myself, but she has a point.
She may be an unmarried woman, but she's not ignorant when it comes to issues of men. She has a lover whom she's been dating for over a decade (and she did have others before him).
Just because she doesn't define herself through marriage doesn't mean that she can't offer relationship advice.
For instance, she states, "Avoid men who've got a bunch of children by a bunch of different women. He didn't marry them when he got them pregnant, why would he treat you any differently?".....
Is there anything wrong with the above piece of advice? Aren't these the exact words you'd tell your daughter? Aren't these the very same words your mother would tell your sisters? You now have a problem with the very same advice simply because it came from Oprah? Good advice is good advice regardless of who is relaying it.

thank you so much. I totally agree with you. Didn't know she has been in a relationship for so long. And this makes her even more entitled to give relationship advice. BECAUSE: she might not be married but she has been able to maintain a relationship that is not bound by law but solely by free will. some people are married but only remain so because divorce is frown up by the society they live in. she is together with someone because she chooses to be with the person every single day. not because she has to but because she wants to.
Re: What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by ATMC(f): 10:31am On Oct 25, 2012
Nothing unique and about d advice but its ok
Re: What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 25, 2012
Let's attempt at logic, shall we? Nobody has flayed her for giving career or business advice. Her critics on this have criticised the issues she raised in terms of the 'relationship' advice she gave.
Whether or not she can run a mile in 10secs has no direct bearing on this thread.
Re: What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by Dipwater(m): 11:00am On Oct 25, 2012

Are u sure.

She made without a man ? Wow
I pity u o

The part I hate in that useless write up is when she said "all men are dogs "
Generalization is not a good thing ,if u agree with her on this that means ur father is a dog ,ur pastors are dogs ,ur husband is a dog and every male in ur family is a dog

Stu/pid talk from a useless old prosti/tute . Its only a useless woman that wuld listen to the idiota.

I wuldnt blame her ,cuz she has tasted all the men in the world including lil children to know that they are dogs
Re: What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by ITbomb(m): 11:22am On Oct 25, 2012
Dipwater:

Are u sure.

She made without a man ? Wow
I pity u o

The part I hate in that useless write up is when she said "all men are dogs "
Generalization is not a good thing ,if u agree with her on this that means ur father is a dog ,ur pastors are dogs ,ur husband is a dog and every male in ur family is a dog

Stu/pid talk from a useless old prosti/tute . Its only a useless woman that wuld listen to the idiota.

I wuldnt blame her ,cuz she has tasted all the men in the world including lil children to know that they are dogs
I'm sure u didn't read that well your brain just manipulated u into seeing what u expected to see

Never let a man define who you are. Never borrow someone else's man. If he cheated with you, he'll cheat on you. A man will only treat you the way you ALLOW him to treat you. All men are NOT dogs.
Re: What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by Idowuogbo(f): 11:28am On Oct 25, 2012
hahahahha! who she dey advice? nigerians? oh gawd!!! some points? tick! others? bullshyte to d power of gazillions

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Ate His Money, What Do I Do? / Where Can I Get A Lovely Engagement Ring? / Why Are Flowers Not Presented To Men As Gift?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.