Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,677 members, 7,823,915 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. (16136 Views)

Mega-City: Lagos Ranked Alongside NewYork & Beijing (photo) / Lagos Ranked As The Most Corrupt State In Nigeria In 2014 / Lagos Ranked 4th World’s Worst City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by wellmax(m): 11:47am On Oct 25, 2012
I believe this. I have always maintained that, good laws or bad laws, Lagos appears to be the only state that is thinking in Nigeria. Look at other state, its just business as usual. With time things will indeed be better.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by Slyp: 11:48am On Oct 25, 2012
Super1759: lagos is the largest lunatic home in africa as well. Smh

it does not really mean: u find the best and worse things in America

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 25, 2012
mikron: THERE IS NOTHING YOU LL FIND THAT YOU LL NOT GET IN LAGOS, TRUELLY LAGOS IS THE MOST INNOVATIVE CITY IN AFRICA, THE RANKING WAS ACCURATE
They have enjoyed monopoly that's why you find everything you what. All shipment via air and sea comes to lagos. By the time they open onitsha port for commercial activity we will see if the average yoruba man imports goods. Its just a matter of time...
Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by wellmax(m): 11:52am On Oct 25, 2012
^^^

Onye ara, we are not talking about importation here but innovations. gerrit?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by omiobo: 11:53am On Oct 25, 2012
Anti-fashola has nothing say to this. O ma se o! What a set of dumb ape, ignoramus ideeoovtic peole.grin
Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by yohannazack(m): 11:56am On Oct 25, 2012
Som how its true
Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by 5alive(m): 11:58am On Oct 25, 2012
one_man: Lagos was built with federal government funds. Look at most of the road federal government built and island that was developed duing colonial era, third mainland bridge, etc. what is the new thing fas has done? The roads are so bumpy, the bridges are shaking.
There is no dopt that fash is trying to put things in place regarding management of those infrastructure.
If Abuja becomes a state tomorrow, the governor there will be winning metals for maintenance because the city is already built.
The dump site at ojota is a complete mess and can cause problem for people living in that environ.
I give the gov pass mark for trying to bring sanity to a state like lagos. Ofcourse the money from task alone is enough to run the city...
Gbagaun, Gbagaun
Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by wellmax(m): 12:01pm On Oct 25, 2012
^^^
When will you learn to be open minded, we are talking innovation not self built, you hear? Stick to the topic please...
Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by Slyp: 12:07pm On Oct 25, 2012
i think we need to understand what this inscription in all about. the poster never said Lagos has been ranked as the most innovative cities in the world rather he said in Africa. so if Lagos is ranked as the most innovative cities in Africa as it is now, then just imagine the state of Africa as a CONTINENT
Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by Nwandol: 12:08pm On Oct 25, 2012
5alive:
Gbagaun, Gbagaun
Oya speak your own make we hear. Professor efurefu
Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by idowuswap: 12:09pm On Oct 25, 2012
Hey kudos 2 all yoruba 4 development in our state forward 4 ever other tribes follows.
Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by Abbott(m): 12:21pm On Oct 25, 2012
geeez:

You see it on TV. I live here man. How dumb of you. Because you've seen videos of Henry Ford's cars driving the streets doesn't necessarily mean they still ply those streets. How dumb

Do you at all know what a dump site means? The space between your ears seem more like it

K.O. Jab.
7 points.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by kennytidistar(m): 12:28pm On Oct 25, 2012
geeez]

You see it on TV. I live here man. How dumb of you. Because you've seen
videos of Henry Ford's cars driving the streets doesn't necessarily mean
they still ply those streets. How dumb

Do you at all know what a dump site means? The space between your ears
seem more like it.

my friend fashola dey pay you for this service? when yyou get to oshodi you will always see molue plenty, the worse part of it all is the BRT bus where 41 sitting and 92 standing which molue is as worse as that? oga fu eyin omo ode oni pelu iro.
Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by ukpaku: 12:39pm On Oct 25, 2012
elopee3000: This people can not fool us again which Lagos re they talking about lol tell that to somebody who lives in ijegun and work in Lagos island, Lagos is dustbin of africa ,I can't believe what I saw in that lagos Yoruba people still discharge human shit inside lagoon
have u been to other african countries and see how it looks before heaten had on lagos? My friend be happy 4 ur own mana.
Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by ukpaku: 12:45pm On Oct 25, 2012
one_man: Lagos was built with federal government funds. Look at most of the road federal government built and island that was developed duing colonial era, third mainland bridge, etc. what is the new thing fas has done? The roads are so bumpy, the bridges are shaking.
There is no dopt that fash is trying to put things in place regarding management of those infrastructure.
If Abuja becomes a state tomorrow, the governor there will be winning metals for maintenance because the city is already built.
The dump site at ojota is a complete mess and can cause problem for people living in that environ.
I give the gov pass mark for trying to bring sanity to a state like lagos. Ofcourse the money from task alone is enough to run the city...
broda y them no win the award bg fash come b gobinor na,abi na as fash come na him fed gov come build n construc dos tins?
Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by jigawatts(m): 12:48pm On Oct 25, 2012
OKADA MUST GO
Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by ukpaku: 12:50pm On Oct 25, 2012
Fashola is working!
Orji, uduagham, suswan are watching!!
The rest gorbinor's are peeping!!!

Fash welldone
Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by Nobody: 1:00pm On Oct 25, 2012
berem: buhahahaha! You can't remember the last time you saw molue abi? Yeah because you live in Lekki or VI! Abeg go to oshodi,Iyana Ipaja and Orile you go see Molue for there yanfu yanfu! Even with the presence of BRT buses, Lagosians still patronize Molue buses.I dey laff o!
what's your point young lady?
Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by Demdem(m): 1:02pm On Oct 25, 2012
Kudos to Lagos.
Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by topazjosh(m): 1:06pm On Oct 25, 2012
Mr. Globe:
Lol.. Bunch of malarkey. Lagos is still the worst liveable city in the world. The makoko slum is a big shame. If the innovation is about jumping molue or shytting in the streets, lagos has it.
so what's your point mr globe,just criticising for unneccesary reason,even makoko is about to get attention now.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by topazjosh(m): 1:14pm On Oct 25, 2012
one_man:
They have enjoyed monopoly that's why you find everything you what. All shipment via air and sea comes to lagos. By the time they open onitsha port for commercial activity we will see if the average yoruba man imports goods. Its just a matter of time...
and by the time ondo seaport is working you will see that yoruba men has multiple choice#when ll u guys stop all dis tribals stunt#mtcheww

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by YoursGEJ(m): 1:16pm On Oct 25, 2012
geeez: Great Yoruba ingenuity

Lol...we all know the people that make Lagos what it is....Igbo kwenu!!!
Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by Aderostock(m): 1:29pm On Oct 25, 2012
berem: buhahahaha! You can't remember the last time you saw molue abi? Yeah because you live in Lekki or VI! Abeg go to oshodi,Iyana Ipaja and Orile you go see Molue for there yanfu yanfu! Even with the presence of BRT buses, Lagosians still patronize Molue buses.I dey laff o!
Liar! I hope exaggeration wont kill you. Gone are the days when u see molue countlessly at Oshodi, Obalende, Gbagada, Ojota, Ikorodu and Cms but when the real changer and indomitable man Gov. Tunde Fasola emerges, all at the places mentioned above gone. It drastically reduces at Agege, Iyana-Paja and Abule-egba to minimum. As time goes on, molue will autmatically fizzle out. Loba tan!
Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by anonymous6(f): 1:32pm On Oct 25, 2012
Paul John:
http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/10/15/lagos-ranked-as-most-innovative-city-in-africa/

www.abusidiqu.com/?p=6902

Good news, I am not surprised though since what Governor Fashola has been doing there has been nothing short of excellent But Lagos has always been one of the top cities in Africa any way

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by thelastPope(m): 1:35pm On Oct 25, 2012
taharqa: Good job fash...lots of opportunities in that hustling city of Lag

How is that a function of fashola? Did fashola build the ports or did fashola turn Lagos into a business hub? Smh!
Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by Effwazobia: 1:40pm On Oct 25, 2012
Not even in your widest dreams. Make una no deceive una selves o. The reality of things in Naija no dey support all these rhetorics. Somebody will come tell me that Naijas are the happiest people in the world. How is that real? Abey yall need to quit. We ain't got jack in that country. No roads, no health care, you even import toothpick and all kinds of junk from China. The average student don't even know how to use Microsoft office. I mean wtf.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by SOHKAHTOA: 2:25pm On Oct 25, 2012
Lagos is working, there is no doubt about that and This assessment is not in doubt. Fashola started with good policies that has helped to reposition Lagos until he started becoming draconian. However, draconian these recent policies on traffic, housing and recently on okada maybe, they are intended to help facilitate the rapid development of the state in the long term. My advise to him is to soft pedal on the mode of implementation. Any change that is too sudden is bound to fail, as the saying goes" slow and steady wins the race" . Lagos cannot become like London in a giffy considering the level of decay and it goes to the country as a whole why it sucks when Nigerians whines and laments that GEJ has not changed their fortune in less than two years. The most important thing is that Lagos isn't where it used to be and we hope we will continue to build on this improvement just the way any unbiased mind will agree that Nigeria is not where it used to be some 4 years ago. Our electoral system which is the engine rock of good governance is gradually getting it right and kudos must go to the man up there. Different reforms in petroleum, power and other aspects of our economy are there. We are achieving massive exposition in corruption which the public were never previewed to before now and some prosecutions are being made etc.
However, it is not all policies that seem good that are expedient in consideration of time and availability of certain basic amenities. We can easily sight the subsidy removal saga, which is perfect from an economist point of view, but because of the timing it was seen as draconian, same thing applies to Fashola with his numerous policies being spontaneously dozed out. He should apply restraint so the people do not suffer unnecessarily.
Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by geeez: 2:25pm On Oct 25, 2012
Yours GEJ,:

Lol...we all know the people that make Lagos what it is....Igbo kwenu!!!

What's Igbo kwenu? Another brand of marijuana

You don't rule, don't bring in the ideas or the money so ....

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by koolg: 2:37pm On Oct 25, 2012
geeez:
According to the ranking, Lagos got the nod of the international bodies for its population, rapid progress and potential as well as positive economic climate and potential for investors while Cape Town was ranked for its green space and massive investment in public transportation, technological research and the environmen....

Someone pls help me break it down; rapid progress in what, potential, fine, lagos has had potentials since way back. Positive economic climate, how much have they spent to achieve that apart from awarding major contracts to tinubu's company? If †here is potential, the climate is right for development. So the qt remains, how is fashola using tax payer's money?
Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by Slizbeat(m): 2:39pm On Oct 25, 2012
I would not say it is not merited or it is merited but from my own views, there is no Nigerian city as at now that merits such award.
Reason- the cities favors particular places. E.g lagos favors lagos island while Ikotun n igando and the likes r stil in mess. Anambra favors onitsha, nnewi while ihiala and the likes r stil in mess. Rivers favor ph while elele n d likes r stil in mess. Though they r getting there buh 4 nw, i dönt c it that way. Tk a look at johannesburg, u wud knw exactly what am trying to prove. Development should be based on equality also.
BTW, i live in Lagos. Dont insult, just quote where you dont agree and elaborate ön it for me to understanding or reason with you.
Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by abysirius(m): 2:43pm On Oct 25, 2012
quote author=berem]buhahahaha! You can't remember the last time you saw molue abi? Yeah because you live in Lekki or VI! Abeg go to oshodi,Iyana Ipaja and Orile you go see Molue for there yanfu yanfu! Even with the presence of BRT buses, Lagosians still patronize Molue buses.I dey laff o![/quote]Be honest to ursef @least 4 once. Nobody is saying there isn't any molue left. But would compare wat we have now with wat we've got some 6 yrs ago. The difference is clear. The man has done a good job!
Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by geeez: 2:56pm On Oct 25, 2012

I won't say there aren't molue buses in those areas but the question is. Are they as common or popular as they used to be? I've not seen any in like two years now and I've been to many other places in Lagos outside where I live and work (Ikeja, Apapa, Omole, Surulere) where I used to see molues way back but now I've not come across any in over 2 years now. Over 2 years

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

South East Governors Are Working For Buhari - Nnamdi Kanu / 2023: President Buhari In Strategic Close Door Meetings With Oshiomole / UNICEF Bags Meant For IDPs Sold In Kano (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.