Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,524 members, 7,823,283 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. (16134 Views)

Mega-City: Lagos Ranked Alongside NewYork & Beijing (photo) / Lagos Ranked As The Most Corrupt State In Nigeria In 2014 / Lagos Ranked 4th World’s Worst City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by geeez: 2:58pm On Oct 25, 2012
achi4u: "maybe living in Lekki or Vi"?,who dash monkey banana?grin

Yes Lagos is bubbling but what about its neatness?

Don't live in Lekki or VI but Ikoyi precisely. Does that increase your frustration now? Pray it does
Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by lacasa: 3:16pm On Oct 25, 2012
1000% endorsed!.

Fashola 4 Presido cool
Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by CyberG: 3:25pm On Oct 25, 2012
berem: buhahahaha! You can't remember the last time you saw molue abi? Yeah because you live in Lekki or VI! Abeg go to oshodi,Iyana Ipaja and Orile you go see Molue for there yanfu yanfu! Even with the presence of BRT buses, Lagosians still patronize Molue buses.I dey laff o!

Iboz man, why not pack yah load and big fat face and go back to your 10th century hamlet in alaibo? Jealousy, low self esteem and inferiority complex will surely kill ibo man. You live in a progressive and recognized place built and owned by the Yorubas for thousands of years and yet you are envious of its progress and acclaim. Useless ibo fathead!
Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by ba7man(m): 3:26pm On Oct 25, 2012
I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE. People that think otherwise will wake up in the near future and require a VISA to enter lagos.
Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by redsun(m): 3:36pm On Oct 25, 2012
These muderfuckers want to tribalise this news now.The report didnt say lagos in yorubaland or capetown in zulu land,but lagos in nigeria and capetown in south african.

What is happening in lagos is what happens to a city that functions,where people go out to work to make a difference,to be proud of their surrondings and make it liveable by contributing their quotas.

Though the state of lagos entirely is still not what normal people should be sounding the drums for,but he is making efforts to create a model that can extend to everybody.A situation where ikoyi and ajegunle will look relatively the same,the same fascilities,the same buildings,the drivable roads and drainages and the same habitable environments,although it might take decades to materialize if the tempo can be maintain,but understadbly,rome was not built in a day.

It is the duty of every nigerian to make nigeria a proud place to be,by being rational,selfless,honest,industrious and far sighted.It is not alwways about today,but what will do today can make tomorro better.And it doesnt alwwys have to be better for us,but for our children.
Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by Venchy: 4:28pm On Oct 25, 2012
Great idea but there's never been a time scale on Nigerian Project.....I am craving for Badagry express way to progress but it's been stand still and stops at Mile 2 for the past 2yrs.....Nigerian politicians speed up pls.
Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by Ownfag(m): 5:58pm On Oct 25, 2012
None of my business. Here in Anambra state i come from, proud to be an ANAMBRARIAN.

Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by Chartey(m): 6:04pm On Oct 25, 2012
Umunede: Wow, d economy of lagos state is 33 billion dollars a little lower than dat of the whole country of ghana of 39b dollars
kai see heavy lie abeg. Pls be sure of what you post on public fora. Ghana's GDP is 82billion dollars. Bigger than that of Kenya(east africa's leading economy)
Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by mercurie(f): 6:09pm On Oct 25, 2012
okpara ugo: How does that put food on the table of the common man?

U should ve an answer 2 ur question. Nobody forced u 2 comment on d thread with a promise of putting food on ur table. *sighs*
Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by 1025: 6:16pm On Oct 25, 2012
abeg, which lagos? chai, devil is a liar? how long are we going to deceive ourselves? na waa.
Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by Nobody: 6:50pm On Oct 25, 2012
Mr. Globe:

shut up there. Lagos is the dumpsite of the world. Molues are still in lagos. I see it on tv.
Ode, Oponu. You see Molues in your dreams. Or is it BRT you dey call Molue? Dumpsite of the world. Visit the city and try any funny thing and watch if u wnt be deported back to your slum where u live
Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 25, 2012
maryjames9: Ode, Oponu. You see Molues in your dreams. Or is it BRT you dey call Molue? Dumpsite of the world. Visit the city and try any funny thing and watch if u wnt be deported back to your slum where u live
Dont be too hard on yourself. Cursing anyone here will not automatically deploy them to planet of birth. Mr. Globe is a londoner wannabe...and he is working on his accent.
Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 25, 2012
Ownfag: None of my business. Here in Anambra state i come from, proud to be an ANAMBRARIAN.
Good one. At least we see someone with a good spirit,not hating.
Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by Nobody: 6:56pm On Oct 25, 2012
topazjosh: and by the time ondo seaport is working you will see that yoruba men has multiple choice#when ll u guys stop all dis tribals stunt#mtcheww
This has nothing to do with tribal war. majority of the shipment that dock at apapa belongs to the Igbo man. this has increased the revenue to Lagos state at-large. if the President would keep to his words and make the sea port at onitsha vibrant like Lagos, its only common sense to say the revenue of Lagos will drop.
before now, international flight leave Port Harcourt, but now, you will find that Lagos is the central point where most of these airlines stop. if the aviation decides to spread the goodies across board, revenue will also drop.
the only thing that will continue to go up in Lagos is tax that why the government on ground (Lagos) is fighting to make it effective.
please no insult but constructive criticism... grin embarassed
Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by AjCityOne: 7:52pm On Oct 25, 2012
CyberG:

Iboz man, why not pack yah load and big fat face and go back to your 10th century hamlet in alaibo? Jealousy, low self esteem and inferiority complex will surely kill ibo man. You live in a progressive and recognized place built and owned by the Yorubas for thousands of years and yet you are envious of its progress and acclaim. Useless ibo fathead!
No worry your self. I dey process him deportation paper right now! Lol
Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by MrGlobe(m): 8:38pm On Oct 25, 2012
CyberG:

This fraud, Lagos was built with Nigerian money of which resourceless Yoruba nation contributed not a penny. Dont come here to beat your chest about your fraud tribe when lagos is being discussed. If lagos wants to start deporting today, you will be the first to be bundled back your mud house in ogun or osun. You contribute nothing to the economy of lagos and a nuissance to people raising revenue to Lagos state govt.
Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by MrGlobe(m): 8:40pm On Oct 25, 2012
Billyonaire: Dont be too hard on yourself. Cursing anyone here will not automatically deploy them to planet of birth. Mr. Globe is a londoner wannabe...and he is working on his accent.
grin
Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by Paentera(m): 8:44pm On Oct 25, 2012
Just like how the world works for some people cos they see opportunities and remain optimistic about things around them, so is the reason why some people will look at Lagos and believe its an innovative city (which is it) while others see no good in it (but wonder why they can't have a breakthrough or headway in their individual lives).

Its a fact that Lagos is working, no matter if there're hiccups here and there. You will soon start to see this replicated in Ogun, Osun, Edo, Ekiti, Rivers, Imo, Niger and other states where the people are being served not being done a favour. It is the true dividend of democracy. Eko o ni baje!
Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by ba7man(m): 8:47pm On Oct 25, 2012
Not happy with topic: Mr Globe(m),Okpara Ugo,Super 1759,Berem(f),elopee 3000,achi4u,akintun,One_man,Nwando.1.,thelastpope,Effwazobia,koolg,1025 and 6 guest(s)
Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by solomon111(m): 8:55pm On Oct 25, 2012
CyberG:

Built and owned by yorubas?
Your father!!
Na MEND go come teach una lesson very soon.
Fuccking parasites.!
Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by solomon111(m): 8:58pm On Oct 25, 2012
Mr. Globe:

This fraud, Lagos was built with Nigerian money of which resourceless Yoruba nation contributed not a penny. Dont come here to beat your chest about your fraud tribe when lagos is being discussed. If lagos wants to start deporting today, you will be the first to be bundled back your mud house in ogun or osun. You contribute nothing to the economy of lagos and a nuissance to people raising revenue to Lagos state govt.
The guy said yoruba built lagos.
What a joke.
Let him tell that to the Niger-deltans,and see if they will not beat him black and blue.
Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by MrGlobe(m): 9:07pm On Oct 25, 2012
solomon111: Built and owned by yorubas?
Your father!!
Na MEND go come teach una lesson very soon.
Fuccking parasites.!
hahahaha, dont mind him. too much of ewedu. ungrateful parasites.
Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by jason123: 9:27pm On Oct 25, 2012
Nice one Lagos state. At least, the state is MANAGEABLE compared to other Nigerian states. Btw, I am in Lagos as we speak and there are no molues so far. Diasporans, do not be deceived!

Secondly, how was Lagos state built with "oil money" and other states were not? Is it not the same federal allocation all states get from Abuja. Even before the advent of Abuja, only the Islands were "bubbly", since when did oil money build Ikeja, Surulere, Yaba et al? Some people are really confused. undecided
Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by MrGlobe(m): 9:33pm On Oct 25, 2012
jason123: Nice one Lagos state. At least, the state is MANAGEABLE compared to other Nigerian states. Btw, I am in Lagos as we speak and there are no molues so far. Diasporans, do not be deceived!

Secondly, how was Lagos state built with "oil money" and other states were not? Is it not the same federal allocation all states get from Abuja. Even before the advent of Abuja, only the Islands were "bubbly", since when did oil money build Ikeja, Surulere, Yaba et al? Some people are really confused. undecided
Stop talking like an illiterate, Lagos was once Nigeria's capital, that is why it is what it is today, if not, lagos would'nt have been better than the Ibadan of today. Ibadan is the heart of oduduwa nation. Tommorrow you will tell us Abuja dropped from the sky.
Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by jason123: 9:47pm On Oct 25, 2012
Mr. Globe:

Stop talking like an illiterate, Lagos was once Nigeria's capital, that is why it is what it is today, if not, lagos would'nt have been better than the Ibadan of today. Ibadan is the heart of oduduwa nation. Tommorrow you will tell us Abuja dropped from the sky.

Try to understand my point. Lagos ISLAND was the capital not the STATE!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by naptu2: 10:07pm On Oct 25, 2012
jason123:

Thank you very much. I wish I could find my 1975 map of Lagos. Many people will be shocked.
Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by aljharem(m): 10:08pm On Oct 25, 2012
jason123:

guy you are wasting your time explain to block head grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by MrGlobe(m): 10:19pm On Oct 25, 2012
jason123:

so how is lagos state generally faring. you Yoruba people think/see and believe differently from normal humans. The same Lagos state rick ross shot a video. Only a fool like you will not know a capital extends development to surroundings just like Abuja is doing. So why is lagos state far much more better than oyo (the capital of the oduduwa nation). why do I always see deluded Yoruba people on NL.
Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by solomon111(m): 10:20pm On Oct 25, 2012
Mr. Globe:

Now, that abuja own will be very funny.
Imagine almajiris tomorrow,coming to tell you that they built abuja with agricultural money.
I will probably laugh for 10 hours before stopping.
Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by ba7man(m): 10:27pm On Oct 25, 2012
Mr. Globe:

Point of correction. Lagos is the way it is because. (1) Its strategically located to facillitate importation and exportation. (2) Its inhabitants were open minded to have mixed with the whites and gain exposure early (3) Its inhabitants were good hosts thereby encouraging visitors to invest in it. (4) Whites could have chosen anywhere along the Nigerian coast to settle but Lagosians were the most progressive even back then.
Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by MrGlobe(m): 10:31pm On Oct 25, 2012
solomon111: Now, that abuja own will be very funny.
Imagine almajiris tomorrow,coming to tell you that they built abuja with agricultural money.
I will probably laugh for 10 hours before stopping.
Hahahaha, brother, is it not better, atleast they have agricultural money. question is what does these Yoruba loud ungrateful mouths have? Cocoa? Lol.. that cant even tar a 100 kilometer road.
Re: Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. by ba7man(m): 10:32pm On Oct 25, 2012
Mr. Globe:

so how is lagos state generally faring. you Yoruba people think/see and believe differently from normal humans. The same Lagos state rick ross shot a video. Only a fool like you will not know a capital extends development to surroundings just like Abuja is doing. So why is lagos state far much more better than oyo (the capital of the oduduwa nation). why do I always see deluded Yoruba people on NL.
I'v noticed you are highly pained by this fact that Lagos is moving ahead. You can talk to me, why? Deep down inside u I know u think about it in bed b4 u sleep and u're sad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fulani Gunmen Kill 30 In Benue, Nasarawa / ASUU And Non-Academic Staff Of UNIZIK Protest - Photos / El-Rufai Meets With Northern Traditional Rulers Council (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.