Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,199 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai (18764 Views)

Donald Trump: ''Africans Are Lazy Fools Only Good At Lovemaking And Stealing” / Read El-rufai's Touching Speech After Winning APC Gubernatorial Ticket In Kaduna / Read El-Rufai's Brilliant Take Down Of Gej's Administration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by AKMoney1(m): 8:16pm On Oct 25, 2012
B4 nko? Why I go dey waste time dey read wen most senators and governors didn't read to get there. How much I go pay to get my certificate from University of toronto or better still lead city grin.
How many books dis mallam self read People wey read am yesterday still dey serve government with grey hair and collecting pennies. So WTF do we read for self? How many book zuckerberg, bill gates, pasuma, MJ, OBJ, whizkid, OBO, just to mention few, read b4 making dere money grin

Walahi I don tire to dey read book, na naira and dollar me wan dey read jare. Next pls
undecided

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 25, 2012
Nigerian youths do read,but mostly news,entertainment,and sports. Our reading culture is not geared towards improving our productivity. The Mallam is right even though am not his fan. Its time for us to sit up as the future leaders of this country.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by ChrisGnarly: 8:16pm On Oct 25, 2012
ok malam, as malam u ar nah, u cannot generalize. what hv u don as person or as part of d government to ameliorate d condition. we ar good @ dictating problems bt fail to profer solution to them. to me nigerian youth ar trying compare d harsh and bad reading environment we hv.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by vislabraye(m): 8:18pm On Oct 25, 2012
El Ruffai is fond of making absolute statements. I read his tweet this afternoon and responded. He did not reply back.
Their generation enjoyed free education. That's why you meet many people of his age range who are phD holders or professors.
The system is very bad. When I was in school, a lot of students settled lecturers to get good grades. How would they be encouraged to read?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 25, 2012
1313: [color=#006600][/color]why are you people bashing dis guy with insult?If u are not among the lazy people he is talking about then you forget aby the statement. There is an element of truth hat je said even when it does not apply to every Niger ian youth.Beside if He is mad,must you call him a mad man to remind him of his mental degeneracy?......Incredulous!
Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by wissezy: 8:20pm On Oct 25, 2012
Reading no way. Thinking of dropping out of school and doing what am good at(rapping)
Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by acidtalk: 8:23pm On Oct 25, 2012
Truckpusher: "God bless the soul of that woman who said "if you want to hide anything from a Black man, put it in a book". She is damn so correct" Seriously? with all your claims to owning close to 1,300 books (all original)according to you, and you fail to see that the same comment was racially motivated ,then bro you've read nothing.You are just a noise maker like El Rufai and his cohorts ...QED

Racial statement or not, is she lying or saying the truth?

You need to travel to developed countries to see that in reality the average black lacks something and that is "Vital Knowledge".

If Obasanjo didn't help the likes of Dangote, Otedola and others Monopolize the Nigerian market, do you think they will be amongst the worlds 2,000 richest men. See an average American who didn't attend college for a day is way ahead an average Nigerian Masters Degree holder.

This statement might sound too mean but it is a reality.

Let's stop shying away from the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:26pm On Oct 25, 2012
nosa gold: Hw wil this affect †ђξ price of...garri..................
Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by alphaconde(m): 8:27pm On Oct 25, 2012
2sexy: And what have you created ? He who is without sin should cast the first stone. See kettle calling the pot black...

Young one fyi I have a project enpowering youngones around me. I have been with young people worked with them to actually discover that 90% of problems the youths are facing are directly and indirectly from the actions of the ruling class with the likes of el rufai so I guess u are the kettle here
Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by Truckpusher(m): 8:28pm On Oct 25, 2012
acidtalk:

That statement is 100% true.
When these foo*ls cry out loud they assume he is talking of School books and exam kind of reading that's why the bunch of sorry a55 are all ranting and spitting all over.

For those blaming the system, that's just a silly excuse, the Likes of Ghandi, Malcome X, Martin Luther King, Mandela, and others became great from the worst of environment, system and racial abuses so what are these ones still crying about.
Do you also agree with me that many Ghandis,malcom Xs ,Martin Luthers and Mandelas never made it because of those oppressive governments? or has injustice and deprivation become the necessary tools to measure how far a man can go to achieve greatness?...maybe it's just the Nigerian leaders mentality,after all ,i suffered before i came to this point.so,my children too must suffer to make it and the same mentality gave birth to political fatherism,bootlicking,and being connected before one can possibly get anything done even when it's a positive agenda for the people ,hence corruption is now the order of the day.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 25, 2012
Is it true?
Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by dabossman(m): 8:29pm On Oct 25, 2012
J. Ikaba:
El-Rufai, abi na Peter Rufai, amu gi thr. . . Ur statement is FALLACY . . . & we musn't wear medicated lenses glasses b4 u realise dat . . . Guess dat ur antiseptic readn glasses needs 2 b bleached . . . I knw guys u read lik WTF, dis man z 2 analogue 4 ma likn. O gini di

Hhm, I'm guessing from your write-up that you follow El-Rufai on twitter, hence his conclusion. Smh.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by ichanyi77(m): 8:29pm On Oct 25, 2012
Charles. E:
Amazingly, the controversial pint sized former minister of the FCT and now chieftain of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), Malam Nasir Elrufai, has accused Nigerian youths of being lazy and quick to judge.

Elrufai made the accusation today on the Social networking site, Twitter (see twits below)

Elrufai was apparently reacting to the youths who regularly accuse him of corruption and high handedness when he was in office. Elrufai is currently facing a corruption charge at an Abuja court bordering on the lands he seized from legitimate owners and reallocated to friends and his wives and Underaged son.

Amazingly the same Elrufai who is so sensitive to criticism regularly insults the person of the President of Nigeria on his facebook and twitter profile, using foul words to describe President Jonathan.

It may be recalled that Elrufai had asked Nigerians not to vote for Muhammadu Buhari in October of 2010 alleging that Buhari was too old to be president and that he was primordial having chosen his military vice, Tunde Idiagbon, from the same region (North) as himself. However, just two months after making that statement, Elrufai became one of Buhari's chief campaigners asking Nigerians to vote for the man he had condemned only weeks ago!
Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by valicious1(m): 8:31pm On Oct 25, 2012
I think he meant awusa youths.
Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 25, 2012
Wen 2015 comes u go tel mi say mk I vote gej,na cus of u sef I no go vote am...aboki man
Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by AYOBAMIO(m): 8:34pm On Oct 25, 2012
He is like kettle calling pot black
Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 25, 2012
Billyonaire: Is it true?
I should be asking you Billy! Shebi na you know book pass for Nairaland? Abeg teach me because I be proper Olodo! cheesy
Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by acidtalk: 8:37pm On Oct 25, 2012
Truckpusher: Do you also agree with me that many Ghandis,malcom Xs ,Martin Luthers and Mandelas never made it because of those oppressive governments? or has injustice and deprivation become the necessary tools to measure how far a man can go to achieve greatness?...maybe it's just the Nigerian leaders mentality,after all ,i suffered before i came to this point.so,my children too must suffer to make it and the same mentality gave birth to political fatherism,bootlicking,and being connected before one can possibly get anything done even when it's a positive agenda for the people ,hence corruption is now the order of the day.

If there were a 100,000 youths in each state in Nigeria who have read diverse books of History, Government and culture and know our right from wrong believe me Nigeria won't have all the likes of GEJ, El-Rufai and OBJ in power because we would have long used our intellectual rights to flush them out.

Nigerian youths of Today only follow the crowd. 99.9% of them know absolutely nothing aside Sports, music, movies and Fashion.

They come screaming when they receive some silly broadcast of their blackberry and swallow every silly news hook. Line and sinker without taking out time to reason for a few seconds.

Look at the same people who were making noise all over on the Subsidy issue, Farouk Lawan, Dana Crash, Aluu killing and the others. How many of them have asked the outcome of the fact findings after such stories died down.

Their is no miracle, Nigeria will keep having a terrible government (leaders) after a bad one because the politicians have realized how unenlightened the populace are.

Me and this very same foo*lish El-rufai have never agreed on twitter for one day because he assumes I am too direct and blunt whileresponding to him and he hates it. I told him before he is Buhari's greatest enemy and an enemy to CPC and accused him on his silence of Boko Haram. Yes he hates it but deep inside him knows I am telling him the truth.

Whereas all this same children crying foul at his comment are the very same followers that shower praises on him when he twits to insult the government. Th reason being they have forgotten history so easily.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 25, 2012
ogugua88: I don't know which is funnier. The fact that he's always referred to as pint-sized or the fact that he made the announcement on Twitter, fully aware that many of those who follow him are lazy youths who get all their news from Twitter, rather than taking things from the site with a grain of salt and doing their own research before coming to conclusions.
what el rufai said is mostly true. Majority of educated nigeria youths dont read or even listen to news. Most of us only watch movie, read movie, watch football, d girls channel E. We are just entertainment crazy. When it comes to serious tins like news.. CNN, BBC, CNC, CCTVnews, docummentar, etc very very very few among us youth pay attention. Most of us are educated but uninformed and as a result, most of us are deformed.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by Akposkool(m): 8:40pm On Oct 25, 2012
I cant help but support his assertions.btw did he ever study 2 pass his exams?these hausa malu boys are so appauling.cumon give credit to that kid 4rm south south who reads his ass out 2 pass his exams.there are still hard working youths in this country nt retarded hausa skunks dat lead cow.
Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by olumide81(m): 8:40pm On Oct 25, 2012
abeg...no be only el-rufai na j-rufai...aboki eat a bowl full of tuwo and bone finish come dey tell me wey dey find wetin i go chop 'lazy' akpako for im head
Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by icequeen22(f): 8:44pm On Oct 25, 2012
acidtalk:
If Obasanjo didn't help the likes of Dangote, Otedola and others Monopolize the Nigerian market, do you think they will be amongst the worlds 2,000 richest men. See an average American who didn't attend college for a day is way ahead an average Nigerian Masters Degree holder.

The Nigerian situation is a peculiar one. If u like, read all the books in the world from pali to pali without knowing anybody in a position of authority, its all in vain. Just like it was written above, the likes of Dangote et all had 'HELP'. There are people that graduated wit good results out there, some of them read just about anytin they can lay their hands upon. As usual, if they dont know people in the right places, no job(except the really fortunate ones). Whats the point of reading when there's no food on the table? If music, buying and selling pays the bills, so be it.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 25, 2012
acidtalk:

If there were a 100,000 youths in each state in Nigeria who have read diverse books of History, Government and culture and know our right from wrong believe me Nigeria won't have all the likes of GEJ, El-Rufai and OBJ in power because we would have long used our intellectual rights to flush them out.

Nigerian youths of Today only follow the crowd. 99.9% of them know absolutely nothing aside Sports, music, movies and Fashion.

They come screaming when they receive some silly broadcast of their blackberry and swallow every silly news hook. Line and sinker without taking out time to reason for a few seconds.

Look at the same people who were making noise all over on the Subsidy issue, Farouk Lawan, Dana Crash, Aluu killing and the others. How many of them have asked the outcome of the fact findings after such stories died down.

Their is no miracle, Nigeria will keep having a terrible government (leaders) after a bad one because the politicians have realized how unenlightened the populace are.

Me and this very same foo*lish El-rufai have never agreed on twitter for one day because he assumes I am too direct and blunt whileresponding to him and he hates it. I told him before he is Buhari's greatest enemy and an enemy to CPC and accused him on his silence of Boko Haram. Yes he hates it but deep inside him knows I am telling him the truth.

Whereas all this same children crying foul at his comment are the very same followers that shower praises on him when he twits to insult the government. Th reason being they have forgotten history so easily.
you are absolutely right about 99.9percent of Nigeria youths
Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by afosam4real(m): 8:47pm On Oct 25, 2012
‎​​I'm sure the mallam was referring to his Northern gullible youths. They (Northern elite) denied their young ones who are not their children education because they ‎​don't want them to get emancipated from mental slavery. They rather resorted to using them as violence tool because the gullible ones cannot discern the truth themselves.
‎​​I'll implore El-rufai to go and address this very topic in his Northern part of the country because they need it more than any other parts of the country.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by acidtalk: 8:47pm On Oct 25, 2012
Akposkool: I cant help but support his assertions.btw did he ever study 2 pass his exams?these hausa malu boys are so appauling.cumon give credit to that kid 4rm south south who reads his ass out 2 pass his exams.there are still hard working youths in this country nt retarded hausa skunks dat lead cow.

With myopic mindsets and sentimental emotions like yours, I doubt if Nigeria will ever attain greatness.

Believe it or not, The Northern part of Nigeria produces the best Architects and Engineers in Nigeria who are doing Nigeria Proud.

The Medical end as well is highly being dragged by the SouthWesthern and Northern students.

So think well before commenting. The Average Educated Northernern is highly educated and 'brillaint'

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by eklassical(m): 8:49pm On Oct 25, 2012
acidtalk: Lazy is an understatement.
They are DEAD intellectually.

In my house I have about 500 Audio CDs and over 1,300 Books (All Original).

I noticed that while my books worth 100 times the price of the Compact disc, People pay more interest in "borrowing" or "fapping" them more than even the Best of the life changing books.

God bless the soul of that woman who said "if you want to hide anything from a Black man, put it in a book". She is damn so correct.

Why are people insulting El-Rufai for saying the truth? Even though me and the mumu no dey gree for twitter (I go soon block am sef). But he is saying the whole truth.

I encouraged some used 2years back to feel free to come over during weekends to come turn by crib into a "library club", omo, them no gree oh! Instead it was always "brother Acidtalk, please borrow me your Jay Z cd. Or Bros, do you have have the latest Cold Play album?".

pls do u v them in softcopies u can send me?
Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by mejai(m): 8:49pm On Oct 25, 2012
I won't blame u mallam( grin). I will only blame d aboki dat adviced u to enroll in night class. U don get small sense nah. Muntula shocked
Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by Nobody: 8:49pm On Oct 25, 2012
icequeen22:
The Nigerian situation is a peculiar one. If u like, read all the books in the world from pali to pali without knowing anybody in a position of authority, its all in vain. Just like it was written above, the likes of Dangote et all had 'HELP'. There are people that graduated wit good results out there, some of them read just about anytin they can lay their hands upon. As usual, if they dont know people in the right places, no job(except the really fortunate ones). Whats the point of reading when there's no food on the table? If music, buying and selling pays the bills, so be it.
i dont agree with u . Though i know that many people use influence and back door to get to where they are. But there is still alot of positions and opportunity for those who are very good in what they do. Those who have gone beyond first degree school knowledge, those who have dig further beyond conventional academics succeed in life most times in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by InvertedHammer: 8:51pm On Oct 25, 2012
Don't hate the messenger...Did you get the message?

Does current trend among Nigeria youth validate his assertion?

Embrace of consumption end-products anyone? And by the way,

I can't stand the craze about Arsenal, Manchester, etc.

These idiots even close shops/skip schools to go watch others make money.

El Rufai, your message is correct, even though I have issues with you being the messenger.

...Heck, somebody got to do it.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by acidtalk: 8:52pm On Oct 25, 2012
icequeen22:

Like I have stated twice earlier and will state again. El-rufai talking about "Reading" isn't just pointing at SCHOOL Books my brother.

While in school, I stabbed classes, confronted all my lecturers, first student to confront the VC and others, but one thing was never take away, all those people respected me for my intellect.

Reading isn't just about school books here. It is all about general knowledge and good reasoning.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by dabossman(m): 8:53pm On Oct 25, 2012
:
dridowu: Who is El-Rufai ?

shocked
That means you don't read o! grin
Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by acidtalk: 8:56pm On Oct 25, 2012
eklassical: pls do u v them in softcopies u can send me?
I have never bought books in soft copies. I only have them in Hard copy and Audio Cd. But if I know your interest of reading I could recommend some books for you and send you links of where to download them from.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Welcome To Lagos State: The Centre of Excellence. / Mass Resignation Hits PDP Leadership As Crisis Deepens / Atiku: FG Restoring Intels' Pilotage Contract Doesn't Benefit Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.