Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,738 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster (21802 Views)

Rivers Panel Of Inquiry Indicts Former Governor Amaechi, Others / What Governor Amaechi Wore To A Campaign Rally Today / Four Kogi Farmers Commit Suicide Over Flood Disaster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by otokx(m): 4:35pm On Oct 26, 2012
shineureyes: I hope the people of Rivers would be wiser come 2015

Don't be too sure about that, currently there is no opposition in Rivers State, they all have joined forces together to finish the resources, the house of assembly, the executive, the judiciary all are together in an unholy trinity and then married of to the opposition in the likes of princewill and that new media kid.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by ogayor: 4:38pm On Oct 26, 2012
Rotimi Amaechi
Rotimi Amaechi
Rotimi Amaechi

How many times did i called you? 3x

if this info is true, return the plane and use the money for the good of your state

my own little advice to you
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by crackhouse(m): 4:38pm On Oct 26, 2012
ibrokay: ^^^ Corruption everywhere. He need one more to compete with the likes of Bishop Oyedepo. We need revolution in Nigeria. Enough is enough.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Ninilowo(m): 4:41pm On Oct 26, 2012
when a governor in Nigeria is "very active" and appears too often on media, be assure that something fishy is going underground.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by gadgethead: 4:43pm On Oct 26, 2012
tevinsolt: when will all Nigerians fight for their rights? look at France, they had the french revolution that launched their country into successful path, the colonies of America rebelled against Britain, Magna Carta in Britain, and also many revolutions across Europe.....one thing they all had in common was that the rulers were ripping them off so they took them out and established new laws, and those that messed up their head went for it.
Bros you went too far, Try Ghana and the Jerry Rawlings revolution!
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Dee60: 4:50pm On Oct 26, 2012
I am just hoping that the news is false. If this is true, then we need to seek divine intervention seriously. If Amaechi too has joined them, then it is a disaster and a bad news for this democratic dispensation....Too bad...Too bad! Too sad to comprehend. Oh, God, save Nigeria. The military was not this bad!
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by awesomet1(m): 4:55pm On Oct 26, 2012
[size=40pt]NIGERIA IS JUST A SAD AND DEPRESSING COUNTRY. MY HEART ACHES WITH PAIN!!![/size]
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by RickyRoss1(m): 5:05pm On Oct 26, 2012
deletrue: brother, am surprised at this news and blaim that follows. Have worked in ph for about five years, in lagos for four and warri etc. The worst of these three places is warri. Why are people not saying the truth? Although, i have left ph but frequently visit there. Well if you say ph is bad in terms of road, then visit warri. You will not find suitable words to described the roads in warri. Deltans, am i not saying the truth? Pls say something here. Amiechi is about the third or forth best governor in nigeria. let us wait and hear from the governor.

Thank you. Rivers state receives as much allocation as Delta state, at least we admit Amaechi has done something, so why is everyone talking about Rivers and not Delta? Anyone complaining about the roads in PHC should visit Warri
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Bezed(m): 5:06pm On Oct 26, 2012
F***k PH bad roads this dude wants to fly instead.. You know dey say, when you learn to fly on a baby jet., driving on the roads or paddling a canoe becomes boring.. Hehe.. Best governor of the century
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by nairaman66(m): 5:16pm On Oct 26, 2012
War is more of a culture than gunning for peace!
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by chichiman: 5:27pm On Oct 26, 2012
babestella: Hehehehe, I just ordered my Gulf Stream 900, it will arrive the country soon, I have 2 units coming, if you are interested in one, ping me now B890012JG. It's only 65 million USD. Lol lol lol lol

Don't waste your time complaining because it will not change anything, focus your mind on your talent, and strategize how you can make 100 naira profit daily from 1 million Nigerians. Be creative, and you'll get there. 100 million naira daily. It is possible.

AND WHEN YOU HAVE MANAGED TO DO SO IN AN INSECURE COUNTRY, SOMEBODY COMES ALONG, GUNS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY DOWN AND CART AWAY WITH IT, ABI? IT'S YOUR TYPE OF MINDSET (I CARELESS IF I CAN MAKE IT AND THE COUNTRY RETROGRADES 1 CENTURY BACKWARD) THAT DRAGS NIGERIA AND NIGERIANS BACK TO THE STONE AGE.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by chic2pimp(m): 5:28pm On Oct 26, 2012
r231: these nigerian politicians can't survive it england, they will be jailed all of them

Don't mind the lot of em'.
Nothing more than a bunch of thieving scumbags!!!
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by NovusHomo(m): 5:32pm On Oct 26, 2012
So what are you going to do about it besides YAPPING[i][/i] on the internet.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by ask4double(m): 5:34pm On Oct 26, 2012
Ricky_Ross: I am not supporting the extravagant lifestyle of our governors, but the way some fools are trash talking Rivers State is alarming. Can you all mention the names of your respective states so we can compare with Rivers State? Outside of Lagos State, which other Nigerian city is as developed as Port Harcourt? Someone said he spent 2 weeks in Rivers state and enjoyed only few hours of electricity? Which village is that? Thats what you get when you live in the ghetto... My own part of PHC i have standard road networks and we enjoy minimum 18 hours of power daily, sometimes the electricity lasts 3 days non stop...

I live in PHC, but someone comes from outside the state, spends 2 weeks in Port Harcourt and automatically he now knows PHC more than everyone else.

I must admit, Amaechi did wonders during his first term, and he is very slow now, but he is far ahead of most of your state governors hands down. What Amaechi achieved in the educational sector no other state governor can achieve in 8 years. Primary and secondary schools in River state are far more advanced and more equipped than many of your state universities, this is no joke. All over Rivers state, he built state of the art health centers.

If you are wondering what Amaechi is doing now, then take a trip to the GREATER PORT HARCOURT CITY. Thats where I built my house and that's where all the mega projects are going on. The World class hospital, world class roads, the best stadium in Nigeria, the Rivers state university of science and technology etc are at advanced stages of construction. There are too numerous projects in the GPHC to mention here. You either pay a visit to confirm, or you Google it.

Rivers state does not need this private jet, I am not from Rivers, I am not singing anyone praises, but I say things the way they are. From the way people are talking shiit here a stranger will assume PHC is a kinda shit hole. They should start by telling us what their own state governors have done better than Amechi. Akpabio should build the kind of world class schools in rivers bc that is what the poor masses need, not some Tropicana resorts and 5 star hotels that are for the rich only.
While I was going through ur write up, I honestly thought u were a teen coz u sounded one, until u said u've built a house. BTW I was born and raised in this town and still reside here, Ur contribution is the most foolish and baseless for a man of age....
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by chucky234(m): 5:52pm On Oct 26, 2012
See wetin Oyedepo dey cause now,every politithiefian and pastors dey save public funds and tithes to buy private jet. Whether na bomdier or falcon all wetin dem want na jet,play play all dis private jets go dey cause go slow for our airspace,hope Fashola position agberos for every bus stop no sorry plane stop for air.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Rooneyboy(m): 5:57pm On Oct 26, 2012
ask4double: While I was going through ur write up, I honestly thought u were a teen coz u sounded one, until u said u've built a house. BTW I was born and raised in this town and still reside here, Ur contribution is the most foolish and baseless for a man of age....

tell him pls, the guy is always so bias .

I really do feel for him because his sense of reasoning has washed away.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 26, 2012
Siga: ....are there anymore right leaders in Naija....even if u decide to be a good leader....u must dance with the devils we have there now to get there...once u get there....dem no go gree u rest...no so so demands....I tell u my guy....even ur own family go talk say u dey craze if u no give them appointments and contracts...lol...the country is totally upside down....no one gives a damn about the poor...

(@the bolded)

Bullshitt! Yes, I said it: Fuc**king Bullshit! Like playmode said, yall just twisted in the head is all. The same silly excuse you gave above is what Nigerians always give when they finally start receiving the long term rewards for their short term decisions. Then they get to acting like the outcome was not predictable from the onset. The truth is, an overwhelming majority of Nigerians are hardcore hypocrites. They claim they want change and development, but because they know that it will come at a cost of being disciplined, they choose leaders that mirror them both in morals and actions--- but still foolishly hope that he'll miraculously change upon assuming power. Even if he did attempt to bring change,Nigerians would still resist. To say Nigerians are myopic is to put it mildly--- they need a total social reorientation. Normal people dont act the way they do. No right thinking person keeps choosing poverty over success.

What do you mean "are there any more right leaders in Nigeria" ?! Was Goodluck Jonathan your only choice in the last elections? Did you somehow miss the name Muhammad Buhari on the ballot? Buahri was definitely not the best Nigeria had to offer, but in that Election (like previous ones since 2003) hes been the best of a bad situation; even more glaringly so in the one that produced Goodluck Jonathan as President. But because Nigerians know that electing a man like Buhari would mean them embracing discipline, even if it meant an improvement in their standard of living, they made up every excuse--- from the reasonable to the absurd--- on why Buhari should never see Aso Rock. They immediately "remembered" that he was Muslim, an ex-Military Officer and a former Head of State. They also remembered he was dictatorial while he was Head of State (as if he had a choice when he was battling characters like Umaru Dikko), and that he ruled by decree (Umm... it was a Military takeover from a horribly corrupt Government people, read your history).

Then came the absurd--- He'll introduce Sharia (which he didnt do as Head Of State), "He's not young We need Young People", "Hes also a crook, he must have stolen money too we just didnt catch him, plus it'll be hard to catch him because he doesn't want to spend it now until all eyes are away from him " (this about a man that has a farm house in Daura and lives on his pension). Anyway, wouldnt common sense dictate that he's had over 30years to flaunt $2.3Billion if he really had it like the rest of his corrupt colleagues? Oh, and what better time to start spending stupendous wealth than when the grave might come calling at anytime? If he hasnt spent a dime from the Billions he "stole", when his he going to start?

Common Sense right? Dont think for once that Nigerians dont know what to do,they do, they just choose not to. There was a clear choice between Good and Bad, Competence and Incompetence, Corrigible versus Incorrigible.....

Nigerians had the choice between two proven track records; That is how you gauge someone! What you've done in the past= What youre most likely to do in the future. But they decided to choose the one with a record of incompetence and corruption by using every excuse in the book to denounce the man with good intentions. Now that the effects of corruption have started biting them, and their Government ---week in, week out--- force-feeds them with increased doses of corruption, now they want to cry. Sorry, but Its too late to cry now.

I could go on and on but I know its a waste of time. Most Nigerians have reached the land of no return; theres no turning back now.

If the head is not good, the tail will be rotten. A leader is the people.

Bottom-line, until that country is somehow blessed with an anti-corruption crusader, I'm sorry to say, the future looks pretty bleak.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by ORAFA(m): 6:08pm On Oct 26, 2012
chrisxxx: The handiwork of detractors. Amaechi may buy a jet but not to the tone of the amount mentioned. Secondly it is not his private jet it is still an asset after his exit.
Mr Man please google the price of a Bombardier jet of the specification of the kind Amaechi bought and stop ranting.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by barikay: 6:18pm On Oct 26, 2012
May d jet crash but he should nt die
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Orblonde: 6:36pm On Oct 26, 2012
His honourable, excellency dear Governor..what are you doing about the bad roads and floods in Rivers state? Answer: errmmmm, after a very long thought and investigation into this matter with my special team of dedicated brownosing spycophants I have decideted that the most effective and efficeint solution to this terrible problem that has been giving me sleepless nights is that I will have to but a private jet. Listem to the very load raptuos applause from the audience of yesmen. One nigeria!
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Biggyd2: 6:42pm On Oct 26, 2012
Did I hear this government say they were fighting corruption? SMH.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Nobody: 6:50pm On Oct 26, 2012
4 those comparing rivers and delta i believe that doesn't excuse d fact that Rivers is in a poor state.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by yoged(m): 6:54pm On Oct 26, 2012
ibrokay: ^^^ Corruption everywhere. He need one more to compete with the likes of Bishop Oyedepo. We need revolution in Nigeria. Enough is enough.
. Seconded.... Na ReVoLuTiOn fit do am
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Darius2000: 6:57pm On Oct 26, 2012
Ricky_Ross: I am not supporting the extravagant lifestyle of our governors, but the way some fools are trash talking Rivers State is alarming. Can you all mention the names of your respective states so we can compare with Rivers State? Outside of Lagos State, which other Nigerian city is as developed as Port Harcourt? Someone said he spent 2 weeks in Rivers state and enjoyed only few hours of electricity? Which village is that? Thats what you get when you live in the ghetto... My own part of PHC i have standard road networks and we enjoy minimum 18 hours of power daily, sometimes the electricity lasts 3 days non stop...

I live in PHC, but someone comes from outside the state, spends 2 weeks in Port Harcourt and automatically he now knows PHC more than everyone else.

I must admit, Amaechi did wonders during his first term, and he is very slow now, but he is far ahead of most of your state governors hands down. What Amaechi achieved in the educational sector no other state governor can achieve in 8 years. Primary and secondary schools in River state are far more advanced and more equipped than many of your state universities, this is no joke. All over Rivers state, he built state of the art health centers.

If you are wondering what Amaechi is doing now, then take a trip to the GREATER PORT HARCOURT CITY. Thats where I built my house and that's where all the mega projects are going on. The World class hospital, world class roads, the best stadium in Nigeria, the Rivers state university of science and technology etc are at advanced stages of construction. There are too numerous projects in the GPHC to mention here. You either pay a visit to confirm, or you Google it.

Rivers state does not need this private jet, I am not from Rivers, I am not singing anyone praises, but I say things the way they are. From the way people are talking shiit here a stranger will assume PHC is a kinda shit hole. They should start by telling us what their own state governors have done better than Amechi. Akpabio should build the kind of world class schools in rivers bc that is what the poor masses need, not some Tropicana resorts and 5 star hotels that are for the rich only.

Please, stop defending the indefensible. I hate it when pple display false patriotism....I also live in PH and I can categorically tell you that PH is a hell-hole. Governance, like pregnancy, doesnt hide, and pple identify it wherever they go. Amaechi is a massive failure.....all the roads in met in bad conditions back in 2008, have gone to worse in 2012...........
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by OmoTier1(m): 6:59pm On Oct 26, 2012
Abagworo:

And I believe you must be an opposition to write all these about Amaechi. I challenge all you Amaechi haters to tell me the number of major roads in Port Harcourt before the coming of Amaechi. The only dual roads in Port Harcourt were Aba road, Ikwerre road(re-constructed by Amaechi), Olu Obasanjo(Re-constructed by Amaechi) , Stadium to Rukpowu(Re-constructed by Amaechi), Odili(re-paved by Amaechi) and Trans-Amadi road. Amaechi has his shortcomings but I see most people condemning him as being mischievous and envious. Same with those condemning Rochas.

You must be innately wicked, and callous at heart. With the money Rivers earn, we ought be talking rural transformation and not urban white painting. Say the truth and the truth shall set you free.Tell amaechi to go to states like Edo with very little resources yet are making development real in rural areas. Beside, Adams Oshiomhole is not sleeping even though He also won second term.

I know if someone like Adams get a hold of $50million, He sure knows what to do with it. Like someone already said, Amaechi has lost it completely, jets is no a priority for the people. He should listen to the people and not His ego! Otherwise, He would be Suntai in no distant future
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by COOLDUN: 7:19pm On Oct 26, 2012
ifihearam: IF A PASTOR BUYS AN AIRCRAFT NIGERIANS WILL COMPLAIN,IF A POLITICIAN BUYS,UNA GO STILL COMPLAIN,IF A BUSINESSMAN DOES THESAME YOU WILL STILL COMPLAIN!!!

HABA, MAKE UNA ALLOW US REST JARE

Then you Rest In Pieces ( RIP) if it is all what you want. Buying private Jets on whose expenses? You really deserve RIP
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Truckpusher(m): 7:38pm On Oct 26, 2012
i'll not say a word for fear of a reprisal attack by some NL hoodlums and gangstas.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Nobody: 7:38pm On Oct 26, 2012
Ricky_Ross is either a liar or an idi.ot
Greater Port-Harcourt he says.
But 60% of land in that area has been sold off and it houses an Uncompleted stadium and a hospital that hasn't gotten anywhere.and he wants us to believe Gov. Rotimi Amaechi is working.
He must be one of these shameless lazy Ikwerre people who do nothing but sell and resell the same pieces of land to unsuspecting customers.
So because he "worked" in his first term, it's enough excuse to loaf around, plunder state resources and generally be gallivanting in private jets.
What won't these simpleton Ikwerre dullards tell us?

The state of roads in Port Harcourt is an eyesore. We residents are sufferering and are at the mercy of flooded roads this rainy season.yet instead of fixing the roads, they tell us they are working on Greater Port Harcourt that has nothing in it.

Skymark, may the Almighty bless you for speaking the truth.
Same to Rooneyboy.
Abagworo is just a loud-mouthed motor-park mor.on with no idea of anything in general.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Darius2000: 7:42pm On Oct 26, 2012
Nigerians arent yet ready to salvage themselves. When we are ready, we will deal with these idiots in power. I have long concluded that the degree to which the government of a nation can be debased and corrupt, depends on the attitudes of the masses. As long as we continue to walk in the paths of docility and mindless religiosity, we will continue to suffer and be treated like scums. Every human government requires the passive cooperation of the followers to exist. If the followers realise this delivering truth and are ready to refuse to cooperate with the government, it soon disintegrates. Lets quit blaming our rulers, and lets face the fact that our collective timidity and division have made it possible for our rulers to take us for a ride.

A ruler's power is ultimately dependent on support from the people he would rule. His moral authority, economic resources, transport system, government bureaucracy, army, and police-to name but a few immediate sources of his power-rest finally upon the cooperation and assistance of other people. If there is general conformity, the ruler is powerful.

But people do not always do what their rulers would like them to do. The factory manager recognizes this when he finds his workers leaving their jobs and machines, so that the production line ceases operation; or when he finds the workers persisting in doing something on the job which he has forbidden them to do. In many areas of social and political life comparable situations are commonplace. A man who has been a ruler and thought his power sure may discover that his subjects no longer believe he has any moral right to give them orders, that his laws are disobeyed, that the country's economy is paralyzed, that his soldiers and police are lax in carrying out repression or openly mutiny, and even that his bureaucracy no longer takes orders. When this happens, the man who has been ruler becomes simply another man, and his political power dissolves, just as the factory manager's power does when the workers no longer cooperate and obey. The equipment of his army may remain intact, his soldiers uninjured and very much alive, his cities unscathed, the factories and transport systems in full operational capacity, and the government buildings and offices unchanged. Yet because the human assistance which had created and supported his political power has been withdrawn, the former ruler finds that his political power has disintegrated.

The ball is in our court....

2 Likes

Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by martindgre: 7:42pm On Oct 26, 2012
At times when people take action I try to think to know why. Is probably with the crashes of aeroplane once in a while, with no one to hold responsible, with insistent bombings some of this high profile office holders could be targets, on that grounds that action may be justified.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by UmericanGirl(f): 7:59pm On Oct 26, 2012
Truckpusher: i'll not say a word for fear of a reprisal attack by some NL hoodlums and gangstas.

Ill be the first in line to fight with you.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by RickyRoss1(m): 8:20pm On Oct 26, 2012
Darius2000: Nigerians arent yet ready to salvage themselves. When we are ready, we will deal with these idiots in power. I have long concluded that the degree to which the government of a nation can be debased and corrupt, depends on the attitudes of the masses. As long as we continue to walk in the paths of docility and mindless religiosity, we will continue to suffer and be treated like scums. Every human government requires the passive cooperation of the followers to exist. If the followers realise this delivering truth and are ready to refuse to cooperate with the government, it soon disintegrates. Lets quit blaming our rulers, and lets face the fact that our collective timidity and division have made it possible for our rulers to take us for a ride.

A ruler's power is ultimately dependent on support from the people he would rule. His moral authority, economic resources, transport system, government bureaucracy, army, and police-to name but a few immediate sources of his power-rest finally upon the cooperation and assistance of other people. If there is general conformity, the ruler is powerful.

But people do not always do what their rulers would like them to do. The factory manager recognizes this when he finds his workers leaving their jobs and machines, so that the production line ceases operation; or when he finds the workers persisting in doing something on the job which he has forbidden them to do. In many areas of social and political life comparable situations are commonplace. A man who has been a ruler and thought his power sure may discover that his subjects no longer believe he has any moral right to give them orders, that his laws are disobeyed, that the country's economy is paralyzed, that his soldiers and police are lax in carrying out repression or openly mutiny, and even that his bureaucracy no longer takes orders. When this happens, the man who has been ruler becomes simply another man, and his political power dissolves, just as the factory manager's power does when the workers no longer cooperate and obey. The equipment of his army may remain intact, his soldiers uninjured and very much alive, his cities unscathed, the factories and transport systems in full operational capacity, and the government buildings and offices unchanged. Yet because the human assistance which had created and supported his political power has been withdrawn, the former ruler finds that his political power has disintegrated.

The ball is in our court....

I am not from Rivers state, I am not Ikwerre man, I am Igbo from Imo State, so stop persecuting me. I have right to my opinion and you have yours. many of you ranting here didn't do nothing while Odili was busy looting and paying the media to rate him as the best governor in Nigeria. None of you said nothing, now someone is doing something and you guys are crying? I was here when Odili came to power and we all rejoiced and thought he was the messiah, but he wasted 8 years looting and stealing. He didn't do any road apart from the Eliozu road which collapsed last month. The state of road in PHC was terrible.

Tell me how any right thinking man would expect Amaechi to fix all the roads under 5 years? If you are honest you will admit Amaechi has tried as far as road construction is concerned, the problem is many of the contracts were given to Rivers people who are not qualified for the job.

Is Amaechi trying YES, is he perfect NO.
Did Odili leave any legacy in Rivers NO, apart from the fact that he was caught with 100 million dollars or so in South Africa and he later claimed the fund was for purchase of an aircraft.
Did Amaechi leave any legacy YES: He built the best primary and secondary schools in Nigeria. These schools are scattered all over the state for all to see. These schools are world class, more equipped than our government universities, maybe that is the part that is paining many of you? But these schools are on google for those too far away from Rivers. Amaechi has done very well in healthcare delivery, I don't know which governor that have done better than Amaechi in that area. If Amaechi can deliver on his promise of uninterrupted electricity come December then I will comfortably rate him among the top 3 best governors in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Terrorists Release 4 Children Kidnapped On Abuja-Kaduna Train / Ground Breaking Ceremony Of Air Force Owerri Stalled By Youths With Placards(pix / Wike And Ifeanyi Okowa Inspect Ongoing Construction In Asaba (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.