Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,166 members, 7,835,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

I Don't Feel The Spark Anymore - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Don't Feel The Spark Anymore (3497 Views)

How Did You Feel The Day You Lost Your Virginity? Achievement Or Loss? / I just slept With My Cousin & i Don't Feel Remorse, am I Possessed?(screenshots) / Warning Signs That Your Girl Doesn't Love You Anymore. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don't Feel The Spark Anymore by Closetoheart: 10:27am On Oct 26, 2012
I'm speaking the mind of one of my friends here, she doesn't love her boyfriend anymore, and she's not seeing anyone else.

She's been dating this guy for 8months now, introduced him to her parents, met his parents, and all of a sudden, she's beginning to resent him. She's not feeling the spark anymore, and the guy is talking about marriage to occur in a year's time. She told me her mind, thay she's not even feeling like settling down yet. She's 26yrs now, working class. What should she do? Her fear is that if she let's the guy leave her, she doesn't know if she will find someone else. Honestly, when she told me her story, I didn't know what to tell her. I only told her that I will think about it and get back to her.

Please I need your comments.
Re: I Don't Feel The Spark Anymore by DExplorer1: 10:40am On Oct 26, 2012
Closetoheart: I'm speaking the mind of one of my friends here, she doesn't love her boyfriend anymore, and she's not seeing anyone else.

She's been dating this guy for 8months now, introduced him to her parents, met his parents, and all of a sudden, she's beginning to resent him. She's not feeling the spark anymore, and the guy is talking about marriage to occur in a year's time. She told me her mind, thay she's not even feeling like settling down yet. She's 26yrs now, working class. What should she do? Her fear is that if she let's the guy leave her, she doesn't know if she will find someone else. Honestly, when she told me her story, I didn't know what to tell her. I only told her that I will think about it and get back to her.

It's simple! What does she want in her relationship? Who's her kind of man? If he doesn't meet up, let her move on. The time last i checked, a relationship is by choice and not by force.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Feel The Spark Anymore by fairygeh(f): 10:41am On Oct 26, 2012
Why are people not advicing her now?serzly i dnt knw what to say undecided
Re: I Don't Feel The Spark Anymore by Nobody: 10:47am On Oct 26, 2012
[size=13pt]she needs fresh air.. she needs to try out all sort of things, she needs to go out catch her fun blah blah blah.. d bf in particular is not doing his job right.. most ladies out there like & love weird boyz grin boyz that wud make dem angry, sad and happy at the same time wink wink you know what i mean grin[/size]
Re: I Don't Feel The Spark Anymore by Mynd44: 10:48am On Oct 26, 2012
fairygeh: Why are people not advicing her now?serzly i dnt knw what to say undecided
Relax babe.
The solution is simple. There has to be some qualities that attracted her to the guy in the first place and in my experience, she must have noticed that those qualities were faked or he does not show it anymore. I wouldn not be quick to say she should leave the guy but they need to have an honest talk and she needs to pour her heart out and they should see if they can sort this out.
After that has been done and she still does not feel differently, they need to be apart and not together
Re: I Don't Feel The Spark Anymore by Nobody: 10:58am On Oct 26, 2012
^^my thoughts xatly...plus the girl must have been infatuated with him,and as it is,such feelings don't last.OP,pls tell her to do the b.f some gud by conversing with him concerning her current feelings
Re: I Don't Feel The Spark Anymore by seedord247(m): 11:02am On Oct 26, 2012
Whats the name of the gurl?
Re: I Don't Feel The Spark Anymore by fairygeh(f): 11:11am On Oct 26, 2012
@mynd yes you are right,@topic,they should have a heart to heart talk.certainly,the relationship lacks spice,u guys should try something new,be adventurous if u know worra mean wink wink
Re: I Don't Feel The Spark Anymore by omotola1(m): 11:16am On Oct 26, 2012
fairygeh: U guys should try something new,be adventurous if u know worra mean wink wink
Re: I Don't Feel The Spark Anymore by mumumugu(m): 11:24am On Oct 26, 2012
Take a crate of golden spark .
Re: I Don't Feel The Spark Anymore by Mynd44: 11:25am On Oct 26, 2012
fairygeh: @mynd yes you are right,@topic,they should have a heart to heart talk.certainly,the relationship lacks spice,u guys should try something new,be adventurous if u know worra mean wink wink
no wahala. So am I forgiven?
Re: I Don't Feel The Spark Anymore by fairygeh(f): 11:38am On Oct 26, 2012
^^^yes cheesy
Re: I Don't Feel The Spark Anymore by Mynd44: 11:40am On Oct 26, 2012
fairygeh: ^^^yes cheesy
kiss
Re: I Don't Feel The Spark Anymore by Oahray: 11:44am On Oct 26, 2012
What should she do? Only she has the answer to her question. If she doesnt feel the same about him anymore, could it be cos he has changed (at least in her eyes) or her expectations have changed? She isnt even sure about getting married anymore... She needs some deep reflection on what she truly wants, then have a heart-to-heart talk with him. About her anxiety to get married, I think its better to be single and happy than married and depressed. I'v seen nightmare marriages, some start with little unfading doubt before marriage. Yet the couple goes ahead with the wedding anyway. Hope your friend makes a wise choice.
Re: I Don't Feel The Spark Anymore by ednut1(m): 11:45am On Oct 26, 2012
op jst confess dat friend is u, let her do wat she like nd bear it later
Re: I Don't Feel The Spark Anymore by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 26, 2012
Closetoheart: I'm speaking the mind of one of my friends here, she doesn't love her boyfriend anymore, and she's not seeing anyone else.

am i the only one who think that something is wrong with the GIRL and no one else?! SHE lost the spark, SHE began to resent him, SHE is the one who is not telling him how she truly feels, SHE is the one who doesnt want to settle down, SHE is the selfish one who resent the guy but yet dont want to let him go for fear of being alone.....and yet some people will come here and say that the problem may be with the guy, BWAAAAAAAAAH!

if that gal was HONEST to begin with, then there will be no issues to talk about here, so the day she decides to ACT RIGHT, is the day she will get a RIGHT life.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Feel The Spark Anymore by Closetoheart: 12:27pm On Oct 26, 2012
Thanks all for your comments, though I would love to have more. I've told her to discuss with her bf, like u said, and she should let me know how she feels afterwards.

Until she comes back to me after the discussion, let's keep our fingers crossed.
Re: I Don't Feel The Spark Anymore by FarWatcher: 12:45pm On Oct 26, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

am i the only one who think that something is wrong with the GIRL and no one else?! SHE lost the spark, SHE began to resent him, SHE is the one who is not telling him how she truly feels, SHE is the one who doesnt want to settle down, SHE is the selfish one who resent the guy but yet dont want to let him go for fear of being alone.....and yet some people will come here and say that the problem may be with the guy, BWAAAAAAAAAH!

if that gal was HONEST to begin with, then there will be no issues to talk about here, so the day she decides to ACT RIGHT, is the day she will get a RIGHT life.
cool
Re: I Don't Feel The Spark Anymore by dmcdad: 2:35pm On Oct 26, 2012

Its simple! She doesnt feel the spark nymore, what else does she want to hear? If she is afraid of the fact that someone else might not come any sooner, does that mean she will have to bear him for the rest of her life? Why are people thinking like this? Let me tell you, sometimes if you dont let go what you have now, you may never get someone better as the case may be. If she doesnt feel him anymore, she should please opt out instead of her to play along and be decieving herself. At the end of the day, it will be at her own detriment.

If she knows what she wants in a guy, she should look out for those factors and definitely one day someone with such qualities will come around. Let her not try to satisfy anyone other than herself on this, because sometimes the fear of what the family might say might tempt her to press forward with him.

Anywayz, I wish her all the best....
Re: I Don't Feel The Spark Anymore by bukason1(m): 3:31pm On Oct 26, 2012
Lol!

She doesn't feel "it" any more!

What an irony... I just wrote a post relating to this particular situation a few days ago...

I laid it all "Butt-naked" here on Nairaland... But some guys still doesn't "Get it"...

Please dear refer back to it... all the answers you are looking for are there:

https://www.nairaland.com/1073610/fear-killing-chances-women-learn

... In return...Tell me how it goes...

Deal?
Re: I Don't Feel The Spark Anymore by ralfo85(m): 4:30pm On Oct 26, 2012
What's d cause of her resentment for him? Is it something she needs to deal with herself?
My advice is for her to soberly reflect on the causes of this emotion she feels and make the right decision.
Is it something he is not doing right or is it that she has the problem? When did she start feeling this resentment for him?
What is their relashionship history?

It would be unfair for her to string the guy along because there is no one else hanging around. After a sober consideration of the situation let her tell her boyfriend her mind.
But let her be sure of her feeling, before she regrets telling him the wrong thing.
Re: I Don't Feel The Spark Anymore by Closetoheart: 5:29pm On Oct 26, 2012
bukason1: Lol!

She doesn't feel "it" any more!

What an irony... I just wrote a post relating to this particular situation a few days ago...

I laid it all "Butt-naked" here on Nairaland... But some guys still doesn't "Get it"...

Please dear refer back to it... all the answers you are looking for are there:

https://www.nairaland.com/1073610/fear-killing-chances-women-learn

... In return...Tell me how it goes...

Deal?

Yeah!Deal. I will definitely let you in on it.
Re: I Don't Feel The Spark Anymore by Closetoheart: 12:57pm On Oct 31, 2012
She had discussed with her boyfriend, as suggested.

She feels like ending the relationship, but her boyfriend will not hear of that. He has even reported her to her pastor. Though the guy confessed that he is also tired of the relationship (due to frequent quarrels) but he felt it could still work. He felt the relationship could still lead to marriage.

I am of the opinion that the girl should move on, since she is tired of the relationship, but I don't want to tell her that until I sample other people's opinion.

I believe marriage should be a thing of mutual responsibility. Some people even say that it is better to marry a guy that loves a girl (even if the girl doesn't like him) rather than marrying a guy that does not like her as much as she liked him.

My friend is in a dilemma, I need you to help me to help her.

Thanks.
Re: I Don't Feel The Spark Anymore by Youngpo413: 12:09pm On Jun 07, 2015
The b!tch has seen someone else.
Re: I Don't Feel The Spark Anymore by xdunamis(m): 12:10pm On Jun 07, 2015
Okay

(1) (Reply)

A Semi Literate girl 's Letter To Her Boyfriend. / My Neighbor’s Wife Is Sleeping With Another Man Right In Their Matrimonial Home / What She Got For Me As Valentine Gift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.