Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! (11583 Views)

Forced Divorce In Islam / Divorce And Remarriage, Weird Laws / How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by maclatunji: 7:15am On Nov 01, 2012
LagosShia:

The Prophet (sa) was not reprimanded.he did nothing wrong.whatever condemnation is found in Surat at Tahreem is on aisha and hafsa.

You obviously find it easier to accept or admit that the Prophet (sa) is "reprimanded" than to see or even look at the place where abu bakr or umar or even aisha and hafsa are reprimanded/condemned in the Quran.this is an historical sickness entrenched in the subconscious.it is okay for the Prophet (sa) to be "reprimanded" but it is "attack" on the sahaba if a Shia points out a verse where umar for instance is reprimanded/condemned.

Now do us a favor and show us where the Prophet (sa) was reprimanded.let me make it easier for you and give you a hint: it wasn't the Prophet (sa) who "frowned and turned his face" at the beggar in Sura Abasa.then find out why attempts have been made deliberately in Sunni literature to dent the Prophet's (sa) image.that is your homework! Don't blame the islamophobes for lunching these sort of attacks against the Prophet (sa).blame the source written by satanic hands who wanted to dent the Prophet's (sa) image to vindicate and absolve themselves of the blames/guilt fallible rulers committed.

PS:
You accused me of seeking to "magnify these things".in the same Surat at-Tahreem,both aisha and hafsa are described as "their hearts have swayed (from faith)".now would you drag the Prophet (sa) to that level? The Quran is clear enough.I don't need to magnify anything.personal development of a muslim is impeded when you lie to yourself about certain things and try to either simplify or conceal them for known reasons.

LMFSO, your problem no get part 2.
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by LagosShia: 9:22am On Nov 01, 2012
maclatunji:

LMFSO, your problem no get part 2.

Yes o!

I want to see you accept the complete truth.I share it and then its left for you to see the difference and make the choice.hopefully,I would live to see/hear you become an ayatollah from the Hawza in Qom or Najaf.
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by vedaxcool(m): 9:53am On Nov 01, 2012
Paris-Love:

LOL, it's already an open secret (i see surah5:102
at work here ). i think is where the mystery lies.
Since hafsa has already let the cat out of the bag i
think it's right for us to educate ourselves on what
really happened. For how long and on how many
cases are we going to turn a blind eye to? Yea, ya blah, blah, blah, talking about revelations, it seems they usually come when he wants to control his
numerous rebellious wives. Here's one example
where a revelation could have proved beyond all
reasonable doubt that his revelations where real
after all:
The Prophet gave orders concerning Kinanah to
Zubayr, saying, ‘Torture him until you root out and
extract what he has. So Zubayr kindled a fire on
Kinanah’s chest, twirling it with his firestick until
Kinanah was near death.
Then the Messenger gave him to Maslamah, who
beheaded him.

Al-Tabari, Vol. 8, p. 122 , See Also Ishaq:515
Have you ever thought why Allah did not reveal to
Muhammad the whereabouts of the treasures?
Muhammad received a lot of revelations allowing
him to break his treaties and licensing him to Be
Intimate with any woman he desired. Why he never
received a revelation about something he could not
have possibly known such as the whereabouts of
these treasures?
Food for thought

Shalom

P.s: If you must know, this response was highly edited from original version

Unlike you Muslims know being rude to ones mum is the height of failure any child can show to his mum, it is the very peak of disrespect a child/adult can indulge in, now wwe see the gospel writers attributing such behaviour to Jesus, whom we muslims believe naturally will be well behaved, now the Qur'an corrects and reiterates how husbands and wives are to behave to each other, yet we read in teh bible, a very poor moral showing attributed to jesus where after calling his mother woman, he adds insult to i jury by saying what have i to do with thee in pigin english wetin join me and you together. Yet this same bible did not speak of why such happened and what correction did God implemented in such a situation. Now a child can justify being rude to his own mum using the bible, while a wife would see reason why should respect her husband even more reading the Qur'an, I wil always prefer the Qur'an, it gives complete guidance to all! P.s: this post was hardly edited because your post represent more of ignorance to me than wisdom! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by maclatunji: 10:14am On Nov 01, 2012
LagosShia:

Yes o!

I want to see you accept the complete truth.I share it and then its left for you to see the difference and make the choice.hopefully,I would live to see/hear you become an ayatollah from the Hawza in Qom or Najaf.

Ok, that's what it's all about? Don't you think your approach is too desperate? I doubt even Iranians would go as far as you do.
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by LagosShia: 10:32am On Nov 01, 2012
maclatunji:

Ok, that's what it's all about? Don't you think your approach is too desperate? I doubt even Iranians would go as far as you do.

Its not all about that.sometimes I go extra lengths to defend the truth regardless of the aim to convince you especially when certain people have screwed their heads.

What does this have to do with iranians? They are my co-religionists but with all due respect the religion belongs to no one but Allah (swt).you remind me of non muslims who would relate everything about Islam to saudi arabia as a modern geo-political entity.

About 700 years ago Iran was a majority sunni country.about 40 years ago,there was no islamic government in Iran.Islam spread from Makkah and Medina.not from any country in terms of geo-politics.Shiism was already prevalent in arabia from the very first day the Prophet (sa) proclaimed his message,and thereafter in the levant (syria and lebanon) and iraq and even north africa way before iran became a majority Shia country in the 16th century.so there's hope for other countries presently.
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by maclatunji: 12:53pm On Nov 01, 2012
^You're just realising that you aren't Iranian and that Islam isn't about Iran. I laugh in Persian. You're not doing yourself and your beliefs any favour by your conduct on this forum. Without falling into your categorisation of people who don't know what they speak of, your "Shia" ideology is prevalent and propagated by Iranians above any other people, you might want to learn from them.
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by chakula: 2:52pm On Nov 01, 2012
I can't help saying Subhanallah! Why on every thread either vedexcool or maclatunji will have dispute with lagoshia? Must you reply him or have hand on the stuff under his possession? The best advice is on everything that we could find or see there is no element of trust in it should be ignore and look for something that can help us to understand our deen better.
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by LagosShia: 8:37pm On Nov 01, 2012
maclatunji: ^You're just realising that you aren't Iranian and that Islam isn't about Iran. I laugh in Persian. You're not doing yourself and your beliefs any favour by your conduct on this forum. Without falling into your categorisation of people who don't know what they speak of, your "Shia" ideology is prevalent and propagated by Iranians above any other people, you might want to learn from them.

So what is your point? Iranian are 90% Shia Muslims.majority of the Iraqis,Bahrainis,Azerbaijanis and to some extent lebanese are Shia.what do iranians have to do with this discussion? Actually in the 80s and 90s when there was no internet,one of the lies saudi wahhabis used to scare people away from Shia Islam,thanks to their petro-dollars they waste on printing,was that "Shi'ism" is a "persian religion".they even forget that right there in Medina,there are 100,000 indigenous Shia Muslims who are arabians and have lived there right from the commencement of the message of Islam in arabia.I'm not sure if those Shia in saudi arabia are "persians" too.may be in the near future,wahhabis will accuse yoruba and hausa Shia Muslims of being "persians" too. grin
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by maclatunji: 8:57pm On Nov 01, 2012
^Let me indulge you. You are a member of the community of people who see themselves as "Shia" in Nigeria. You lot are a very organised group with a clear hierarchy and leadership. This level of organisation requires a great deal of funding. Please where does that come from? Is it too much to ask that you at least reflect some of the moderation of your group's financiers on this platform?
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by Sweetnecta: 2:37am On Nov 02, 2012
@paris love:
by Paris-Love: 2:36am On Oct 31
ne-day Muhammad goes to Hafsa's house and upon setting gaze at her maid Mariyah, he finds her attractive and decides to get laid. He sends Hafsa to Omar's house, telling her that her father wanted to see her (a lie). When Hafsa leaves, Muhammad takes Mariyah to bed and has intercourse with her. Meanwhile Hafsa, who finds out that her father was not expecting her, returns home much sooner than expected, and to her surprise finds her illustrious husband in bed with her maid.
whether you take vedaxcool's "honey" or and lagosshia's "sleep" story/ies, it does not matter because the matter has already been decided over 1400 years ago.

Muhammad [sa] was a ruler and a law giver among his community. he was the commander of his community. each of these role was bestowed on him by his Creator.

i am responding to you based on the quoted above. who gave the mad to her but Muhammad [sa]? you seem not to be thinking straight. a man who controlled himself in his youth will have no problem doing just the same as he advances in age. i know because i am getting to that advanced age now. i am better at restraining myself now than i was as youth. i may have the same desire level. but now there is wisdom to caution myself much much better than a teenager can.

so to say that my master in good manner cant is not understanding what you have said. can this subordinate better than the master he is trying to imitate?
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by LagosShia: 9:03am On Nov 02, 2012
maclatunji: ^Let me indulge you. You are a member of the community of people who see themselves as "Shia" in Nigeria. You lot are a very organised group with a clear hierarchy and leadership. This level of organisation requires a great deal of funding. Please where does that come from? Is it too much to ask that you at least reflect some of the moderation of your group's financiers on this platform?

I personally belong to no group or organization.we are organized with strong binding religious leadership because of the blessing of abiding by the Ahlul-Bayt (as).that was the intention of Prophet Muhammad (sa) in Hadith of the Two Weighty Things.he never wanted muslims to live like orphans with no leadership structure in the religion.leadership (imamate) and guidance have much to do with leading the way,otherwise the center will not hold and things will surely fall apart.

As for the Shia da'wa organizations you're referring to,those da'wa organizations or even individuals could get funding if need be from anywhere and not necessarily from iran as you're assuming.even if they get funding from iran,its not necessarily from the iranian government,I'm assuming too the iranian government put aside budget for da'wa activities.

The main source of finance for Shia organizations has never been funds from any one government generally speaking even if there are exceptions.the main source of funding is from the Marja'iyyah (a number of scholars of the highest eminence who issue fatwas and are known with the title of "ayatollah" and the believers do taqlid of).financial help may come from iraq,lebanon,saudi arabia and anywhere a marji'iyyah is found or even iran but not from the governments of those countries.in Shia majority countries we don't for example have a government position ceded to the religious men known in Sunni majority countries as "mufti of the republic".the mufti of the republic becomes a government employee who earns salary and is answerable to the head of state.in Shia setting,the position of eminence for the scholars is obtained when a scholar reaches the level of ijtihad and at least two current ayatollahs issue certificates to him,then that scholar can himself become an ayatollah,join the marja'iyyah and become a mujtahid who issue fatwa.there are a recognized number of them in the Shia world.in Shia setting,you may be a scholar with a white or black turban (referred to as "sheikh" or "sayyid" with the title of ayatollah) but if you're not a mujtahid or part of the marji'iyyah,you cannot issue fatwa or give religious verdicts.alhamdulillah,that is why there is no fatwa confusion among the Shia as we see among Sunnis-sunni fatwas been issued that a woman shouldn't go near phallic shaped vegetabbles,for instance.also a Shia cannot go blow himself as some people do (I think you know who) if the maji'iyyah doesn't give religious backing.that is why since it is haram to kill civilians and kill innocent souls,you don't find a Shia blowing a church or where Sunnis are worshipping.those who do such get their fatwas from "pseudo-scholars" blinded with ignorance and hate and devoid of the principles of Islam.based on what I've read,the killed leader of boko haram,Muhammed Yusuf,has become Shia-but when he couldn't justify his intentions to declare his "pseudo-jihad" and was unable to win the backing of the Shia religious leaders he went back to become Sunni.the Shia scholars of the highest eminence get their position recognized through deep and intensive knowledge and through the people who admire and respect them.they are the best and the leaders among all the Shia scholars.our marji'iyyah are only answerable to God.the blessing of such a strong religious establishment which is independent from the government (except in iran where there is "wilayat al-fakih" or "rule of the scholar" ) is a blessing of imamate of the Ahlul-Bayt (as) which was/is distinct from the sunni caliphate (a legacy of what happened at Saqifa Banu Saeda) which is more associated with political power and the caliph would appoint or dismiss the sunni learned men.the marji-iyyah became clearer with the martyrdom of Imam Hussain (as) who refused to pay allegiance to yazeed and give his approval to it.so our marji'iyyah presently are seen as representing the 12th Imam (ajtfs).upon the Ghaiba of Imam Mehdi (as),he referred the Shia believers to be under the guide of our most learned or the FAKIH.in Shia setting,the scholars play a role of guiding the people both in deen and dunya, politics inclusive.such strong leadership exerting total islamic guidance has often led others to be scared just of our mere presence and have led to us been oppressed over the centuries;in reality we only seek to manage our own affairs and not oppress others.

So I don't drift much in the process of giving out details,let me go back to the issue of funding.take for instance the Khoei foundation.the Khoei foundation is very popular the world over especially in the middle east and europe.european beef products that usually put halal labels are approved by representatives from the Khoei foundation in europe.they monitor halal labeling of beef products. the Khoei foundation is dedicated to the memory of Ayatollah al-Khoei,who was an Iraqi based scholar in Najaf.such powerful organizations and the marji'iyyah get their funding through wealthy Shia businessmen and the believers who are able to give khums generously.with the marji'iyyah in Najaf in iraq and in Qom in iran,you find the hawza ilmiyyah or the religious seminary which is a religious school.many students from all over the world go there to acquire knowledge from the best Shia scholars,and become themselves scholars.

I will leave you with this short beautiful clip related to this our discussion:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=NG&hl=en&client=mv-google&v=lRmvRj_26bw
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by maclatunji: 10:38pm On Nov 03, 2012
LMFSO, such a looooong lecture for moi. We'll just allow you to tell us so.
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by LagosShia: 10:52am On Nov 04, 2012
maclatunji: LMFSO, such a looooong lecture for moi. We'll just allow you to tell us so.

Islam is very deep like the ocean.
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by ParisLove2(f): 7:40pm On Nov 05, 2012
Is that so?

Maclatuji so this is why you banned me? So you could turn my thread into one of your battle grounds for your sunni-shia e-fights? You even have a muslim referee separating the 'fight'.

How many times have you banned me for allegedly 'derailing' a thread? Don't you and lagoshia deserve a ban now?

Anyway am not surprised, time to get this derailed thread back on track. Now where was i?

Did muhammad send Hafsa away so he could sleep with Mariya on her turn?

Did Muhammad marry Mariya?
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by ParisLove2(f): 7:45pm On Nov 05, 2012
Sweetnecta: @paris love: whether you take vedaxcool's "honey" or and lagosshia's "sleep" story/ies, it does not matter because the matter has already been decided over 1400 years ago.
It does matter my friend. When two stories are contradictory, someone is lying, and why would a person lie? To cover up the truth, and why would he do that? Because the truth is ugly and probably embarrassing. That's how this whole thing looks to me. I stand to be corrected though. But it's You and your fellow muslims that won't hesitate to tell how Allah said that Muhammad was the best of mankind like it 'matters'.

Muhammad [sa] was a ruler and a law giver among his community. he was the commander of his community. each of these role was bestowed on him by his Creator.
Like sleeping with a slave girl on one of her wives turn? What a role.

i am responding to you based on the quoted above. who gave the mad[sic] to her but Muhammad [sa]?
Does that give him the right to sleep with her?
you seem not to be thinking straight. a man who controlled himself in his youth will have no problem doing just the same as he advances in age.
You forgot that Muhammad was a poor, illiterate orphan. How many women will choose such a man, when their were educated, rich men around? He had little or no followers then, and the non-believers would not marry him
as they thought he was a lunatic.
Surah15:6
THEY SAY: "O thou to whom the Message is being revealed! truly thou art mad

However, he showed his true colors when he came to power and virtually nothing could stop him from doing what he pleased. Every one of his other wives was a beautiful virgin or a beautiful divorcee or widow. Majority, if not all of them were in their teens. He only married them or simply slept with them(like Mariya) because of their looks. Now you may bring up the lame excuse that he married them for political reasons without knowing how that is degrading to Allah, Muhammad and most especially women.
i know because i am getting to that advanced age now. i am better at restraining myself now than i was as youth. i may have the same desire level. but now there is wisdom to caution myself much much better than a teenager can.
As you can read above i don't know how a Man that married one wife whenn he was poor and nobody is seen as being restraint when married dozens of wives when he became rich and Powerful. Sweetnecta, haven't i told you somewhere before you're better than the man you're trying to emulate? You keep proving me right.

so to say that my master in good manner cant is not understanding what you have said. can this subordinate better than the master he is trying to imitate?

Peace
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by LagosShia: 10:04pm On Nov 05, 2012
Paris-Love:
[color=red]

Did Muhammad marry Mariya?

Let me direct you to the questions you should ask because you cannot prove your allegations.

A man with many wives decided to "sleep" with Marya (ra) instead of any other.do you think he needs permission from Hafsa or anyone to take Marya (ra) as his wife? I've told you before that the Prophet (sa) is the law.he makes marriage legal or void.he doesn't need anyone's permission.if he decided Marya (ra) would become his wife and Marya (ra) consent to it,then its a concluded deal.doesn't it bother you that your claims are bizarre? A man with many wives is not depicted by the christian fanatics as hiding or shy to take another woman.

Based on facts,when did the Prophet (sa) decided to take Marya (ra) for a wife? Was it the night Hafsa went away or from the very first minute Marya (ra) arrived in Medina? Just answer this one question and we are done!
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by ParisLove2(f): 11:43pm On Nov 05, 2012
LagosShia:

Let me direct you to the questions you should ask because you cannot prove your allegations.

A man with many wives decided to "sleep" with Marya (ra) instead of any other.do you think he needs permission from Hafsa or anyone to take Marya (ra) as his wife? I've told you before that the Prophet (sa) is the law.he makes marriage legal or void.he doesn't need anyone's permission.if he decided Marya (ra) would become his wife and Marya (ra) consent to it,then its a concluded deal.doesn't it bother you that your claims are bizarre? A man with many wives is not depicted by the christian fanatics as hiding or shy to take another woman.

Based on facts,when did the Prophet (sa) decided to take Marya (ra) for a wife? Was it the night Hafsa went away or from the very first minute Marya (ra) arrived in Medina? Just answer this one question and we are done!
I just asked a simple and you're terming it as allegation. I just wonder wtf you mean Muhammad was the law. You've ran out of silly excuses to give right? He broke all norms of decency and all you've to say is that he was the law, i must be hitting home my point.
Lol, is taking a woman to bed marriage? I asked did Muhammad marry Mariya before he slept with her and you're turning around to ask me. The question is on you. I'm nnot even half way done with you angry
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by ParisLove2(f): 7:27pm On Nov 06, 2012
abubello: @paris -love What is the source of this malicious fairytale? Can you quote a recognized Islamic source for this fiction
Paris-Love:

Well, the answer is yes! Muslims here even in the past tried to cover this embarrassment up with the ridiculous story of honey. The story of honey is ludicrous and makes no sense. Why so much ado about honey? And who said honey smells bad? This hadith has been forged because obviously even in those early days, Muslims felt embarrassed. However the hadiths about Muhammad sending Hafsa out so he could have sex with Mariyah makes perfect sense. It is in accordance with the Quran and in conformity with Muhammad's conduct.

This story is also reported by Ibn Sa'd in Tabaqat:
Waqidi has informed us that Abu Bakr has narrated that the messenger of Allah (PBUH) had sexual intercourse with Mariyyah in the house of Hafsah. When the messenger came out of the house, Hafsa was sitting at the gate (behind the locked door). She told the prophet,O Messenger of Allah, do you do this in my house and during my turn? The messenger said, control yourself and let me go because I make her haram to me. Hafsa said, I do not accept, unless you swear for me. That Hazrat (his holiness) said, by Allah I will not contact her again. Qasim ibn Muhammad has said that this promise of the Prophet that had forbidden Mariyyah to himself is invalid' it does not become a violation (hormat). [ Tabaqat v. 8 p. 223 Publisher Entesharat-e Farhang va Andisheh Tehran 1382 solar h ( 2003) Translator Dr. Mohammad Mahdavi Damghani ]

Qasim ibn Muhammad of course tries to find justification for Muhammad's breach of his own promise. His words had no validity why he gave them and if they were valid why he broke them?

In a sunni tasfir, of the Sura Tahrim.

'Also it is reported that the Prophet had divided his days among his wives. And when it was the turn of Hafsa, he sent her for an errand to the house of her father Omar Khattab. When she took this order and went, the prophet called his slave girl Mariyah the Copt who bore his son Ibrahim, and who was a gift from the king Najashi and had sexual intercourse with her. When Hafsa returned, she found the door locked. So she sat there behind that locked door until the prophet finished the business and came out of the house while pleasure[?] was dripping from his face. When Hafsa found him in that condition she rebuked him saying you did not respect my honor; you sent me outof my house with an excuse so you could sleepwith the slave girl. And in the day that was my turn you had intercourse with someone else. Then the Prophet said, be quiet for although she is my slave and halal to me, for your contentment I at this moment make her haram to myself. But Hafsa did not do this andwhen the Prophet went out of her house she knocked at the wall that separated her room from that of Aisha and told her everything. Shealso gave the glad tiding about what the Prophet had promised about making Mariyah haram to himself. [ Published by Entesharat-e Elmiyyeh Eslami Tehran 1377 lunar H. Tafseerand translation into Farsi by Mohammad Kazem Morefi]

And there we've it. cheesy
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by ParisLove2(f): 7:54pm On Nov 06, 2012
Paris-Love[b:
Did Muhammad marry Mariya?[/b]
Let's allow Muslim scholars to answer that themselves.

Here the in islamic site run by muslim scholars, a questioner, obviously a muslim starts his/her question with a clear statement that Mariya was a concubine/mistress. And i quote

Praise be to Allaah.

That took place after the treaty of al-Hudaybiyah. Mariyah al-Qibtiyyah was a Christian, then she became Muslim (may Allaah be pleased with her).

Ibn Sa’d said:
The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) lodged her – meaning Mariyah al-Qibtiyyah and her sister – with Umm Sulaym bint Milhaan, and the Messengerof Allaah (S) entered upon them and told themabout Islam. He took Mariyah as a concubine and moved her to some property of his in al-‘Awaali… and she became a good Muslim.
Al-Tabaqaat al-Kubra, 1/134-135

Ibn ‘Abd al-Barr said:
Mariyah died during the caliphate of ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab, in Muharram of 16 AH. ‘Umar gathered the people himself to attend her funeral, and he led the funeral prayer for her. She was buried in al-Baqee’.
Al-Isti’aab, 4/ 1912

Mariyah (may Allaah be pleased with her) was one of the Prophet’s concubines, not one of hiswives. The Mothers of the Believers are the wives of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“The Prophet is closer to the believers than their ownselves, and his wives are their (believers’) mothers (as regards respect and marriage)”
[al-Ahzaab 33:6]

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) had four concubines, one of whom was Mariyah.

Ibn al-Qayyim said:
Abu ‘Ubaydah said: He had four (concubines): Mariyah, who was the mother of his son Ibraaheem; Rayhaanah; another beautiful slave woman whom he acquired as a prisoner of war; and a slave woman who was given to him by Zaynab bint Jahsh.
Zaad al-Ma’aad, 1/114

For more information of the wives of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) – the Mothers of the Believers – please see the answer to question no. 47072

And Allaah knows best.

Certainly Allah does cheesy

Source: http://islamqa.com/en/ref/47572

Here's another Sunni Muslim writer G.F. Haddad answers to the question:
Was Mariya al-Qibtiyya ever a spouse?

No. Mariya al-Qibtiyya was never a spouse but rather a surriyya - with tashdid of the ra and its kasr - until the passing of the Prophet, upon him blessings and peace, as explicitly stated by al-Zubayr ibn Bakkar in his al-Muntakhab min Kitab Azwaj al-Nabi salla Allahu `alyhi wa-Sallam (Risala 1983 ed. p. 60):
„Wa-tuwuffiya Rasulullah (salla Allahu `alayhi wa-Sallama) wa-Mariyatu fi mulkih, fa`ataqat, fa`taddat `alayhi thalatha hiyadin ba`dah.“
„The Messenger of Allah passed away as Mariya was in his possession (as a slavewoman), whereupon she became free then observed, after her widowhood of him, three menstrual periods of home seclusion.“
Important notes:

1- The Prophet, upon him blessings and peace, made her wear hijab (contrary to the normal ruling for slaves).

2- At one time, because of one of his wives‘ complaint, he swore that he would stay away from Mariya then Allah Most High ordered him to cancel that oath without kaffara. (This may have been confused with a revocable divorce by some; in reality it confirms that a self-pronounced tahrim of mulk al-yamin is inconsequential. Imam Malik said: „Haram is halal with regard to slavewomen.“)
Source: http://www.livingislam.org/fiqhi/sm1-gfh_e.html#9

Even in wikipedia; http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_al-Qibtiyya

So we've a clear case of a man sleeping with a girl he did not marry. It's left for to put under any category you want [b]

Shalom smiley
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by LagosShia: 10:56pm On Nov 06, 2012
Tabari recounts the story of Maria's arrival from Egypt:

In this year Hātib b. Abi Balta'ah came back from al-Muqawqis bringing Māriyah and her sister Sīrīn, his female mule Duldul, his donkey Ya'fūr, and sets of garments. With the two women al-Muqawqis had sent a eununch, and the latter stayed with them. Hātib had invited them to become Muslims before he arrived with them, and Māriyah and her sister did so. The Messenger of God lodged them with Umm Sulaym bt. Milhān. Māriyah was beautiful. The Prophet sent her sister Sīrīn to Hassān b. Thābit and she bore him 'Abd al-Rahmān b. Hassān.

—Tabari, History of the Prophets and Kings p.131.

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) lodged her – meaning Mariyah al-Qibtiyyah and her sister – with Umm Sulaym bint Milhaan, and the Messenger of Allaah (S) entered upon them and told them about Islam. He took Mariyah as a concubine and moved her to some property of his in al-‘Awaali… and she became a good Muslim.

—Al-Tabaqaat al-Kubra, 1/134-135

Holy Quran 33:50

"O Prophet! We have made lawful to thee thy wives to whom thou hast paid their dowers; and those whom thy right hand possesses out of the prisoners of war whom Allah has assigned to thee; and daughters of thy paternal uncles and aunts, and daughters of thy maternal uncles and aunts, who migrated (from Makka) with thee; and any believing woman who dedicates her soul to the Prophet if the Prophet wishes to wed her;- this only for thee, and not for the Believers (at large); We know what We have appointed for them as to their wives and the captives whom their right hands possess;- in order that there should be no difficulty for thee. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful".

Holy Quran 4:24
(...Except the forbidden women) the rest are lawful unto you to seek them with gifts from your property (i.e., dowry), provided that you desire chastity, not fornication. So for whatever you have had of pleasure (Istamta'tum-temporary marriage) with them by the contract, give unto them their appointed wages as a duty. And there is no sin for you in what you both agree mutually (in extending the contract) after fulfilling the (first) duty. Lo! Allah is ever Knower, Wise".

Now compare the case of Marya (ra) and that of Hagar (as) in the bible.did Abraham (as) wed her? You have to understand that the definition of marriage (permanent and temporary/concubinage) in Islam from a legal point has to do with consent and the recitation of the marriage contract.party and extravagance are all modern day complexities.Muslim scholars are divided whether or not Marya (ra) was a wife or remain part of "what your right hand possess".from all indications she was a wife.the Prophet (sa) had her have her own apartment just like the other wives and treated her justly.she's also a "mother of the believers".the Prophet (sa) didn't use and dump her.from the very first instance of her arrival,he retained her for himself and gave her sister to his companion,after both sisters embraced Islam.

Whatever meaning "paris-love" what to smuggle into this event is her headache.
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by proo212(m): 2:17pm On Nov 07, 2012
Allah is definitely very quick to grant the prophets desires grin. I see Maclatunji hid my post but you quoted it before it was hidden. Thanks for that smiley
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by Nobody: 1:26pm On Nov 08, 2012
LagosShia: Tabari recounts the story of Maria's arrival from Egypt:

In this year Hātib b. Abi Balta'ah came back from al-Muqawqis bringing Māriyah and her sister Sīrīn, his female mule Duldul, his donkey Ya'fūr, and sets of garments. With the two women al-Muqawqis had sent a eununch, and the latter stayed with them. Hātib had invited them to become Muslims before he arrived with them, and Māriyah and her sister did so. The Messenger of God lodged them with Umm Sulaym bt. Milhān. Māriyah was beautiful. The Prophet sent her sister Sīrīn to Hassān b. Thābit and she bore him 'Abd al-Rahmān b. Hassān.

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) lodged her – meaning Mariyah al-Qibtiyyah and her sister – with Umm Sulaym bint Milhaan, and the Messenger of Allaah (S) entered upon them and told them about Islam. He took Mariyah as a concubine and moved her to some property of his in al-‘Awaali… and she became a good Muslim.

"O Prophet! We have made lawful to thee thy wives to whom thou hast paid their dowers; and those whom thy right hand possesses out of the prisoners of war whom Allah has assigned to thee; and daughters of thy paternal uncles and aunts, and daughters of thy maternal uncles and aunts, who migrated (from Makka) with thee; and any believing woman who dedicates her soul to the Prophet if the Prophet wishes to wed her;- this only for thee, and not for the Believers (at large); We know what We have appointed for them as to their wives and the captives whom their right hands possess;- in order that there should be no difficulty for thee. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful".

(...Except the forbidden women) the rest are lawful unto you to seek them with gifts from your property (i.e., dowry), provided that you desire chastity, not fornication. So for whatever you have had of pleasure (Istamta'tum-temporary marriage) with them by the contract, give unto them their appointed wages as a duty.[b] And there is no sin for you in what you both agree mutually (in extending the contract) after fulfilling the (first) duty[/b]. Lo! Allah is ever Knower, Wise".

Now compare the case of Marya (ra) and that of Hagar (as) in the bible.did Abraham (as) wed her? You have to understand that the definition of marriage (permanent and temporary/concubinage) in Islam from a legal point has to do with consent and the recitation of the marriage contract.party and extravagance are all modern day complexities.Muslim scholars are divided whether or not Marya (ra) was a wife or remain part of "what your right hand possess".from all indications she was a wife.the Prophet (sa) had her have her own apartment just like the other wives and treated her justly.she's also a "mother of the believers".the Prophet (sa) didn't use and dump her.from the very first instance of her arrival,he retained her for himself and gave her sister to his companion,after both sisters embraced Islam.

shocked shocked This prophet enjoyment too much o.The prophet too sharp abeg muslim guys make una emulate this prophet enjoyment all the way. cheesy
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by LagosShia: 3:15pm On Nov 08, 2012
andromida:

shocked shocked This prophet enjoyment too much o.The prophet too sharp abeg muslim guys make una emulate this prophet enjoyment all the way. cheesy

Yes,our religion allows enjoyment through the right way and men are allowed polygamy.

Not like the hypocrites who pretend "holier than thou" and avoid women,only to rush the boys.hypocrites!
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by Nobody: 4:23pm On Nov 08, 2012
LagosShia:

Yes,our religion allows enjoyment through the right way and men are allowed polygamy.

Not like the hypocrites who pretend "holier than thou" and avoid women,only to rush the boys.hypocrites!

Those ones that avoid women and rush to boys are not only hypocrites but sickos. The worse hypocrites are those who keep the women on the down low and keep a holier than thou attitude apparently not only gays need to come out of the closet and the worst hypocrites are those who keep silent or keep cheering on even when the lines between good and bad have completely thinned out. The truth after all can be ugly.
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by victory1011: 6:10pm On Nov 08, 2012
andromida:

Lol, emulate where?

Didn't you read where the verse said the enjoyment is for him only and not for rest of them? Maybe all this jet riding pastors the ones really emulating him cheesy grin
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by Nobody: 8:25pm On Nov 08, 2012
victory101•:
Lol, emulate where?

Didn't you read where the verse said the enjoyment is for him only and not for rest of them? Maybe all this jet riding pastors the ones really emulating him cheesy D

Na they still can. They can receive new revelations. Its a world of possibilities.
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by LagosShia: 10:03am On Nov 09, 2012
victory101•:
Lol, emulate where?

Didn't you read where the verse said the enjoyment is for him only and not for rest of them? Maybe all this jet riding pastors the ones really emulating him cheesy grin

[Pooya/Ali Commentary 33:50]

As explained in the commentary of verses 28 to 32 of this surah the Holy Prophet as a young man married Khadijah Kubra, a woman older than him, and she remained his only wife till her death. She gave birth to Fatimah Zahra through whom he was blessed with his progeny (see commentary of surah al Kawthar). It clearly indicates that he was not at all a sensuous male. The reason for his marriages, after the death of Khadijah Kubra has also been stated in the commentary of abovesaid verses.

Amir Ali in Spirit of Islam says (on the authority of many Muslim historians like Tabari etcetera) that after the death of Khadijah Kubra with a view to cement his friendship Abu Bakr made an offer of his daughter A-isha to the Holy Prophet. At his persuasive solicitations the Holy Prophet consented. This was an act of Abu Bakr's characteristic foresight. With the example of Abu Bakr before him, Umar, also desirous of having a like influence in the close circle of the Holy Prophet, gave his daughter to him. Hafsa was a widow. Umar first offered her to Abu Bakr and then to Uthman but the offer was rejected by both, Umar mentioned this to the Holy Prophet, as a complaint, who, out of compassion, accepted her as his wife.

Similarly, he married other women mentioned in the commentary of verses 28 to 32, either out of compassion, or on account of clemency, or to help his mission. All the books of history are clear on this point.

For polygamy see commentary of Nisa: 3.

http://quran.al-islam.org/
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by ParisLove2(f): 1:28am On Nov 16, 2012
LagosShia: Tabari recounts the story of Maria's arrival from Egypt:

See Muhammad choose her because of her beauty not for anything else. After you'll be telling me his numerous marriages were for political reasons.

Wasn't the bolded part my argument all along which you've denied? Obviously Muhammad had séx with a woman he did not marry, as that history makes it clear she was just a concubine. So lemme rephrase my question which was hacked off in my earlier post. (dunno why there's too much censorship on this thread ).
Muhammad had sèx with a woman he did not marry, so which category do we place this under fornication or adultery?

"O Prophet! We have made lawful to thee thy wives to whom thou hast paid their dowers; and those whom thy right hand possesses out of the prisoners of war whom Allah has assigned to thee; and daughters of thy paternal uncles and aunts, and daughters of thy maternal uncles and aunts, who migrated (from Makka) with thee; and any believing woman who dedicates her soul to the Prophet if the Prophet wishes to wed her;- this only for thee, and not for the Believers (at large); We know what We have appointed for them as to their wives and the captives whom their right hands possess;-
Lol, so what's this verse suppose to do? Shut me up? Something that you or any other muslim do it's a sin, punishable by death even, when Muhammad does it, it's all good, holy and everything in the sight of Allah. Don't you think someone is taking us all for a ride? angry
Even so we still have a case of Muhammad having séx with a girl he did not marry. It's not only mariyah, he had other slave girls he used to sleep with. If you take the verse 4:24 where Muhammad says: “Also (prohibited are) women already married,except those whom your right hands possess ...” it becomes clear that a Muslim is allowed to have íntercourse with his right hand possessions (slaves, women captured in war) even if these right hand possessions are already married. If you still doubt the meaning of this verse, there is a hadith that can make this clear. Bukhari 7,62,137 talks about Muslim warriors who usedto have séx with woman captured in war. But because they did not want to impregnate themand wanted to return them for ransom after raping them, they went to Muhammad asking about coitus interruptus (spilling the sperm on the ground). The prophet did not prohibit the ràping of the women but rather said do not do coitus interruptus because if God has destined for a soul to be born it would be born anyway.

Still on sex jamboree licensing verse
in order that there should be no difficulty for thee. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful".
Lol, no difficulty for him? Does the prophet have difficulty in controlling himself? Apparently yes!

the incident between Muhammad and Jauniyya, the princess of Bani Jaun, the text of the hadith is clear. Muhammad made sexual advances on her and told her “give yourself to me as a gift”. The word used here is habba . This is not a proposal for marriage. Habba which means “give as a gift” is free sex. The favor is paid pack with a gift from the man to the woman in the form of goods or money. The woman rejected him and muhammad tried to beat her. Is this act befitting for a Prophet? Bukhari 7.63.182
(...Except the forbidden women) the rest are lawful unto you to seek them with gifts from your property (i.e., dowry), provided that you desire chastity, not fornication. So for whatever you have had of pleasure (Istamta'tum-temporary marriage) with them by the contract, give unto them their appointed wages as a duty. And there is no sin for you in what you both agree mutually (in extending the contract) after fulfilling the (first) duty. Lo! Allah is ever Knower, Wise".
I've discussed this verse above. It just licenses fornication, adultery and rapé

Now compare the case of Marya (ra) and that of Hagar (as) in the bible.did Abraham (as) wed her?
No Abraham didn't wed her. Did Muhammad wed Mariyah ? No
You have to understand that the definition of marriage (permanent and temporary/concubinage) in Islam from a legal point has to do with consent and the recitation of the marriage contract.party and extravagance are all modern day complexities.
temporary marriage that's muta is no different from 'one night stand' or 'prostitutioñ'. It's even a mockery of marriage. And for the so called moral guide of all mankind to engage in such is quite disgusting.
Muslim scholars are divided whether or not Marya (ra) was a wife or remain part of "what your right hand possess".from all indications she was a wife.
Muslims scholars won't be divided if she was a wife or not. She wasn't anyway. History doesn't support your theories.
the Prophet (sa) had her have her own apartment just like the other wives and treated her justly.she's also a "mother of the believers".the Prophet (sa) didn't use and dump her.from the very first instance of her arrival,he retained her for himself and gave her sister to his companion,after both sisters embraced Islam.
Lol, Muhammad got her another house far away from the main home just like the history you quoted above states. She was just a concubine.

Am not smuggling anything into anything. You're just doing damage control, ah but the deed is done.
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by ParisLove2(f): 1:30am On Nov 16, 2012
LagosShia:

[Pooya/Ali Commentary 33:50]

As explained in the commentary of verses 28 to 32 of this surah the Holy Prophet as a young man married Khadijah Kubra, a woman older than him, and she remained his only wife till her death. She gave birth to Fatimah Zahra through whom he was blessed with his progeny (see commentary of surah al Kawthar). It clearly indicates that he was not at all a sensuous male. The reason for his marriages, after the death of Khadijah Kubra has also been stated in the commentary of abovesaid verses.
Thrash! Muhammad remained faithful to Khadija because she was a rich and powerful woman and wouldn't have tolerated infidelity from him. Are you saying all the time Khadija was alive there was no poor helpless widow for Muhammad to marry 'out of compassion' and help out? Why didn't he do it then? Can quote from either quran or hadith where Muhammad marriage to his numerous wives were because of political reasons or they were poor widows? Don't forget most of those widows he married, he was the one that caused their husbands death directly or indirectly. He killed the husbands of non muslim women and married them. The Muslim widows he married, their husbands died fighting for him.

Amir Ali in Spirit of Islam says (on the authority of many Muslim historians like Tabari etcetera) that after the death of Khadijah Kubra with a view to cement his friendship Abu Bakr made an offer of his daughter A-isha to the Holy Prophet. At his persuasive solicitations the Holy Prophet consented. This was an act of Abu Bakr's characteristic foresight.
This is cheap lie. It was Muhammad himself that approached Abu and asked for his little girl hand in marriage.
Sahih Bukhari 7.18
Narrated 'Ursa:
The Prophet asked Abu Bakr for 'Aisha's
hand in marriage. Abu Bakr said "But I
am your brother." The Prophet said, "You
are my brother in Allah's religion and His
Book, but she (Aisha) is lawful for me to
marry."

As you can see this Pooya of a guy is either a liar or just ignorant about islam. Either way he's no longer credible, on that ground his previous opinion on this thread will be disregarded.

Abu Bakr and Muhammad had pledged to each ot her to be brothers. So according to their costumes Ayesha was supposed to be like a niece to the Holy Prophet. Yet that did not stop him to ask her hand even when she was only six years old.

Funny even Muhammad used the same excuse to reject a woman she did not like. Probably because she's not beautiful or not as young as Aisha.
With the example of Abu Bakr before him, Umar, also desirous of having a like influence in the close circle of the Holy Prophet, gave his daughter to him. Hafsa was a widow. Umar first offered her to Abu Bakr and then to Uthman but the offer was rejected by both, Umar mentioned this to the Holy Prophet, as a complaint, who, out of compassion, accepted her as his wife.
No wonder Muhammad slept with Mariyah on hafsa's turn. She's probably not beautiful and Muhammad had no regard for her given how cheap umar made her daughter. But is this how Muslims behave? Go around offering their daughters to anyone? The woman can't even date who she wants to marry to see how compatible they are. How can you make any intelligent and educated decision when you do not know your prospect mate? A blind choice is not a choice.

Similarly, he married other women mentioned in the commentary of verses 28 to 32, either out of compassion, or on account of clemency, or to help his mission. All the books of history are clear on this point.

For polygamy see commentary of Nisa: 3.

http://quran.al-islam.org/
Firstly marry out of compassion? Like really? Allah and Muhammad's only way of helping out widows is by just marrying and sleeping with them? Subnallah isn't Allah great? grin They couldn't just come up with something better?

Secondly i don't know who he's showing clemency to. Is it many of those slave girls who were free people before the Prophet took away their freedom and reduced them into slaves?

The mission one i feel is quite insulting to Allah and Muhammad. I really recommend a good long ban for you. You're saying that Allah's message is not convincing enough that Muhammad need to sleep with their women to drive his point home. Astaghfirullah!!! angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"My Faith In Islam Is Nearly Gone" - Any Advice For Her? / Death Of Jesus,evidence From The Quran. / Muslim Converts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 171
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.