Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? - Religion (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? (117108 Views)

Why Catholics Pray Through Mary / Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (83) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 2:53am On Aug 11, 2017
blackbriar:

Just as the hebrew God instructed King saul to kill all amalekites including women,children and cattles

duh u cannot see that the koran telling muslims to kill Christians cannot be following the same god as the Christian God cheesy

and u disagree with God on what he instructed King Saul

see how u r a Bible disbeliever and a God hater:

(Exo 20:4) Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
(Exo 20:5) Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 3:02am On Aug 11, 2017
Babacele:
"not those who say father, father , but those who do the will of the Father".....Jesus Christ. Calling someone "atheist" is just human labelling.
Right now ever wise ,universal father of all- irrespective of religious claims - is sending babies to be born in Buddhist ,xtain,Muslim, atheist etc homes.

^^^ baba's confused reply supporting all religions are true cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/1087122/why-catholics-pray-rosary-bow/71#59295672

1Co_14:33  For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

the jews for one don't believe that Jesus is the Christ,
is the jewish religion true religion baba?

1Jn 4:1  Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

1Ti 4:1  Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

^^^ speaking of rcc and other false religions and sects.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 3:15am On Aug 11, 2017
Ubenedictus:

Jesus 3:12
If I have told you earthly things, and ye
believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you
of heavenly things?

^^^ that is dictus Bible verse for supporting
that mary is to be prayed to
that mary is divinity
that mary is free from sin nature etc. etc. etc. cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/1087122/why-catholics-pray-rosary-bow/69#59106146

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by blackbriar: 7:47am On Aug 11, 2017
johnw74:

duh u cannot see that the koran telling muslims to kill Christians cannot be following the same god as the Christian God cheesy

and u disagree with God on what he instructed King Saul

see how u r a Bible disbeliever and a God hater:

(Exo 20:4) Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
(Exo 20:5) Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

The sixth Commandement
exodus 20:13
Thou shall not Kill.
The God i serve is "gracious and compassionate,slow to anger and rich in mercy" psalm 145:8
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Dahustler007(m): 8:53am On Aug 11, 2017
uyplus:
Would luv 2knw y cathlcs bow to mary's statue, and pray repetetive prayers with da rosary, which the bible condemns.. Is bowin to a statue nt idolatry pls??

Yeah, that's a good question.

WHY DO CATHOLICS BOW TO MARY'S STATUE??

A Catholic is merely giving honor to Our Mother Mary who is represented by the image or picture we're bowing to. It is like the statues of our national heroes that are honored. It doesn’t mean however that we worship such statues or that we believe them to be the same as the persons and heroes they represent. It is also like the photos of our loved ones we keep in our wallets or put in our walls. They remind us of our loved ones. We even kiss such photos out of love for those whom they represent. We DO NOT love the photos for their own sake. We know that they ARE NOT are families and friends. My Parish Priest gave this example concerning this Same issue, that let's say you're having your wedding and then your husband gives an order that your mother shouldn't come for the wedding. Even if you got love for your husband I don't think that wedding's going to take place. Cause you believe your husband ought to Honour and respect your Mother at least for the sake of his marrying you.

We honor Our Mother Mary because she deserves that honor, her being the Mother of Our Savior she's worth honoring, and there's nothing wrong about that.

The first commandment forbids making images or idols that people will serve as gods. Catholics HOWEVER, do not serve images of Jesus or Mary or the saints. They are mere representations that are honored in love and in respect of those whom they represent.

God spoke all these words, saying, “I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

“You shall have no other gods before me.

“You shall not make for yourselves an idol, nor any image of anything that is in the heavens above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: you shall not bow yourself down to them, nor serve them, for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, on the third and on the fourth generation of those who hate me, I'll show my loving kindness to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.

-Exodus 20:1-6, WEB-BE

Catechism of the Catholic Church states:

The Christian veneration of images is not contrary to the first commandment which proscribes idols. Indeed, "the honor rendered to an image passes to its prototype," and "whoever venerates an image venerates the person portrayed in it." The honor paid to sacred images is a "respectful veneration," not the adoration due to God alone:

Religious worship is not directed to images in themselves, considered as mere things, but under their distinctive aspect as images leading us on to God incarnate. The movement toward the image does not terminate in it as image, but tends toward that whose image it is. (St. Thomas Aquinas).

WHY DO CATHOLICS PRAY REPETITIVE PRAYER WITH THE ROSARY?

Great question! I have been taught that repetitive prayers like the Rosary, are to help you stay focused while you meditate on the Mysteries of the Rosary. Forgive me for explaining this if you already know. Each decade of the rosary has a specific "mystery" to meditate upon. So, if you're meditating on the Glorious Mysteries on Wednesdays and Sundays, you would focus on those 5 mysteries- one for each decade. It also helps me to have a rosary Application with pictures- I like to look at them while I recite the Hail Mary. Don't feel bad if you don't "like" the rosary form of prayer. Just pray that our Blessed Mother will help you know that she loves you and will bring all your prayers to her son, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
Keep on Learning and Asking!!

Also the point of repeating prayers such as the Hail Mary is the same as the point of repeating the words 'I love you' frequently to one's spouse or child - it fixes that person, and the fact of our love of them, more firmly in our thoughts than if we neglect to tell them so frequently.
Same with prayers - if we repeat the Our Father frequently it fixes both the elements of the prayer (our need of 'our daily bread', our need for mercy and deliverance from temptation etc) into our hearts and minds. As well as fixing in our hearts and minds our actual need to pray.

The funny thing about Protestants, especially Evangelicals, pointing out the repetitions in the rosary is they do the same thing with their own prayers, but don't think of it as being repetitious. I've heard many a Protestant pray: "My Jesus I love you, my Jesus I love you, my Jesus I love you" over and over again, but that's not "repetitious" because it means something to them. Or some who repeat the same phrases all the time, such as "Father God we just want to ask you" at the start of every new petition, and so on. Singing "Alleluia" over and over again is another example. Such repeating of phrases and prayers is a human thing to do. It only becomes "vain" when we ascribe some magical power to it--that God will answer us merely because we've said the "right" words over and over again. No Catholic prays with that in mind.

Finally, We do so cause of the benefits attached to Praying the Rosary.

The Blessed Virgin Mary promised to Saint Dominic and to all who follow that "Whatever you ask in the Rosary will be granted." She left for all Christians Fifteen Promises to those who recite the Holy Rosary.
Imparted to Saint Dominic and Blessed Alan

1. Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall receive signal graces.

2. I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.

3. The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell , it will
destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.

4. The Rosary will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God ; it will
withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire for eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.

5. The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish.

6. Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries shall
never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God , and become worthy of eternal life.

7. Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church.

8. Those who are faithful to recite the Rosary shall have
during their life and at their death the light of God and the plenititude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise.

9. I shall deliver from Purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.

10. The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in Heaven.

11. You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary.

12. All those who propagate the Holy Rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.

13. I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the
advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.

14. All who recite the Rosary are my sons and daughters, and brothers and sisters of my only Son Jesus Christ.

15. Devotion of my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.

If you're a Catholic, please don't forget to pray the Rosary or the Chaplet of Divine mercy Always. There's a lot of Blessings and Graces attached to praying Them.

We (Christians) worship the same GOD, Read the same BIBLE and we claim to practice what we preach. But I still don't understand why we still come at each other because of the same FAITH we profess. It's unfortunate, let's learn to tolerate each other's BELIEVE. May GOD bless us all!!!! Thank You!
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 9:12am On Aug 11, 2017
No one is lying about the Pope-if you weren't naive, maybe you would know how the world see's the facts, it's written across the four corners of this planet-word of mouth, the news, Radio's, newspapers, and the list keeps on going.
God see's everything-No-one can hide from sin, it always comes back to haunt us in the long run.
It's the same old story, when someone writes about the Pope, a priest, anybody in this matter, it spreads that fast-soon all the planet knows the sinners secrets.
Yes we all know-the secrets the Roman Catholic Church had involved themselves in-the world knows about the secret society act.
Thank you-for your honesty, 'you know I am right' your heart belongs to the Church-before it belongs the God.
blackbriar:

May be you are right about my heart.May be.
it does not still give you the right to lie about the pope, or does it?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 9:29am On Aug 11, 2017
It's always the case with the Catholic's-every time bible scripture's are written down-you try and throw one back-that isn't relevant-to the question.
The facts are you shouldn't be worshipping idols-nor make any images in the likeness of above, on Earth and under the earth.
Johnw74 is trying to help you, if you people don't believe our word, then read your bibles, the bible is God's Word speaking to you.
I would rather listen to God-before I would listen to any man, who thinks he knows God.
blackbriar:

The sixth Commandement
Thou shall not Kill.
The God i serve is "gracious and compassionate,slow to anger and rich in mercy" psalm 145:8
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 9:34am On Aug 11, 2017
This must of taken you all day to write this unbiblical rubbish..
Dahustler007:

Yeah, that's a good question.

WHY DO CATHOLICS BOW TO MARY'S STATUE??

A Catholic is merely giving honor to Our Mother Mary who is represented by the image or picture we're bowing to. It is like the statues of our national heroes that are honored. It doesn’t mean however that we worship such statues or that we believe them to be the same as the persons and heroes they represent. It is also like the photos of our loved ones we keep in our wallets or put in our walls. They remind us of our loved ones. We even kiss such photos out of love for those whom they represent. We DO NOT love the photos for their own sake. We know that they ARE NOT are families and friends. My Parish Priest gave this example concerning this Same issue, that let's say you're having your wedding and then your husband gives an order that your mother shouldn't come for the wedding. Even if you got love for your husband I don't think that wedding's going to take place. Cause you believe your husband ought to Honour and respect your Mother at least for the sake of his marrying you.

We honor Our Mother Mary because she deserves that honor, her being the Mother of Our Savior she's worth honoring, and there's nothing wrong about that.

The first commandment forbids making images or idols that people will serve as gods. Catholics HOWEVER, do not serve images of Jesus or Mary or the saints. They are mere representations that are honored in love and in respect of those whom they represent.

God spoke all these words, saying, “I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

“You shall have no other gods before me.

“You shall not make for yourselves an idol, nor any image of anything that is in the heavens above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: you shall not bow yourself down to them, nor serve them, for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, on the third and on the fourth generation of those who hate me, I'll show my loving kindness to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.

-Exodus 20:1-6, WEB-BE

Catechism of the Catholic Church states:

The Christian veneration of images is not contrary to the first commandment which proscribes idols. Indeed, "the honor rendered to an image passes to its prototype," and "whoever venerates an image venerates the person portrayed in it." The honor paid to sacred images is a "respectful veneration," not the adoration due to God alone:

Religious worship is not directed to images in themselves, considered as mere things, but under their distinctive aspect as images leading us on to God incarnate. The movement toward the image does not terminate in it as image, but tends toward that whose image it is. (St. Thomas Aquinas).

WHY DO CATHOLICS PRAY REPETITIVE PRAYER WITH THE ROSARY?

Great question! I have been taught that repetitive prayers like the Rosary, are to help you stay focused while you meditate on the Mysteries of the Rosary. Forgive me for explaining this if you already know. Each decade of the rosary has a specific "mystery" to meditate upon. So, if you're meditating on the Glorious Mysteries on Wednesdays and Sundays, you would focus on those 5 mysteries- one for each decade. It also helps me to have a rosary Application with pictures- I like to look at them while I recite the Hail Mary. Don't feel bad if you don't "like" the rosary form of prayer. Just pray that our Blessed Mother will help you know that she loves you and will bring all your prayers to her son, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
Keep on Learning and Asking!!

Also the point of repeating prayers such as the Hail Mary is the same as the point of repeating the words 'I love you' frequently to one's spouse or child - it fixes that person, and the fact of our love of them, more firmly in our thoughts than if we neglect to tell them so frequently.
Same with prayers - if we repeat the Our Father frequently it fixes both the elements of the prayer (our need of 'our daily bread', our need for mercy and deliverance from temptation etc) into our hearts and minds. As well as fixing in our hearts and minds our actual need to pray.

The funny thing about Protestants, especially Evangelicals, pointing out the repetitions in the rosary is they do the same thing with their own prayers, but don't think of it as being repetitious. I've heard many a Protestant pray: "My Jesus I love you, my Jesus I love you, my Jesus I love you" over and over again, but that's not "repetitious" because it means something to them. Or some who repeat the same phrases all the time, such as "Father God we just want to ask you" at the start of every new petition, and so on. Singing "Alleluia" over and over again is another example. Such repeating of phrases and prayers is a human thing to do. It only becomes "vain" when we ascribe some magical power to it--that God will answer us merely because we've said the "right" words over and over again. No Catholic prays with that in mind.

Finally, We do so cause of the benefits attached to Praying the Rosary.

The Blessed Virgin Mary promised to Saint Dominic and to all who follow that "Whatever you ask in the Rosary will be granted." She left for all Christians Fifteen Promises to those who recite the Holy Rosary.
Imparted to Saint Dominic and Blessed Alan

1. Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall receive signal graces.

2. I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.

3. The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell , it will
destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.

4. The Rosary will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God ; it will
withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire for eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.

5. The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish.

6. Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries shall
never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God , and become worthy of eternal life.

7. Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church.

8. Those who are faithful to recite the Rosary shall have
during their life and at their death the light of God and the plenititude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise.

9. I shall deliver from Purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.

10. The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in Heaven.

11. You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary.

12. All those who propagate the Holy Rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.

13. I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the
advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.

14. All who recite the Rosary are my sons and daughters, and brothers and sisters of my only Son Jesus Christ.

15. Devotion of my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.

If you're a Catholic, please don't forget to pray the Rosary or the Chaplet of Divine mercy Always. There's a lot of Blessings and Graces attached to praying Them.

We (Christians) worship the same GOD, Read the same BIBLE and we claim to practice what we preach. But I still don't understand why we still come at each other because of the same FAITH we profess. It's unfortunate, let's learn to tolerate each other's BELIEVE. May GOD bless us all!!!! Thank You!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 9:47am On Aug 11, 2017
Is this 'why the Catholic Church decorate's there glass, so it reminds people Mary and the others exist?
Could you name all those in the pictures, Is Mary on the glass-who are the other people on the glass?
blackbriar:
St. anthony gbaja and st. dominics yaba
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 10:40am On Aug 11, 2017
blackbriar:

The sixth Commandement
Thou shall not Kill.

yes i know u don't believe God's word, but yet u choose Bible verses that u think can help your false doctrines, that's called being a hypocrite, u r like the pharisees and other God hating people

u believe this:
Exo 20:13  Thou shalt not kill. 

and u believe this:
Psa 145:8  The LORD is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy. 

but u don't believe this:
1Sa 15:3  Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

u pick and choose what u will believe and not what God says, because u don't believe God, and God of course was right yet again when He said that u hate Him, u believe what the rcc tells u to, and u don't believe God, except where it suits u, and these are just more of God's word that u don't believe,
but which are talking about you:

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 10:49am On Aug 11, 2017
brocab:

cheesy
they don't believe the Bible, but use some of it when it suits them,
what else do they have but there unbibical rubbish
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 11:19am On Aug 11, 2017
Dahustler007:

.............. -Exodus 20:1-6, ...............

Exo 20:1  And God spake all these words, saying, 
Exo 20:2  I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. 
Exo 20:3  Thou shalt have no other gods before me
Exo 20:4  Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth
Exo 20:5  Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me
Exo 20:6  And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments

continue to be deceived, and deceiveing yourself

God said: Thou shalt have no other gods before me,
when u pray before a statue etc, then that statue is an idol, a god, no matter how many lying excuses u make

God said: Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth

rcc does make images of things in heaven and images of things in earth, your excuses are just lies,
God said don't make these things, rcc do make them

God said: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them

many have seen rc's bow down to statues of mary etc,
many have seen rc's even kneel and pray before those statues
God said don't do it, rc's do it

God said: And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments

rc's don't love God but hate Him as God said(verse 5),
and rc's don't keep God's commandments, they break even these ones written here.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Dahustler007(m): 1:58pm On Aug 11, 2017
brocab:

Bro. Maybe you didn't take your time to read through Or you've closed your Heart from hearing anything a Catholic says.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Dahustler007(m): 2:11pm On Aug 11, 2017
johnw74:

Exo 20:1  And God spake all these words, saying, 
Exo 20:2  I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. 
Exo 20:3  Thou shalt have no other gods before me
Exo 20:4  Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth
Exo 20:5  Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me
Exo 20:6  And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments

continue to be deceived, and deceiveing yourself

God said: Thou shalt have no other gods before me,
when u pray before a statue etc, then that statue is an idol, a god, no matter how many lying excuses u make

God said: Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth

rcc does make images of things in heaven and images of things in earth, your excuses are just lies,
God said don't make these things, rcc do make them

God said: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them

many have seen rc's bow down to statues of mary etc,
many have seen rc's even kneel and pray before those statues
God said don't do it, rc's do it

God said: And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments

rc's don't love God but hate Him as God said(verse 5),
and rc's don't keep God's commandments, they break even these ones written here.

Enough Said in my Post, The Roman Catholic Church Don't Worship Idols....

If you don't believe fine it's cool. Cause we arguing over the same thing like every time won't change anything. Let's just concentrate on Loving GOD and ourselves... With the hope that nobody's wrong!
God bless you!
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by orisa37: 2:11pm On Aug 11, 2017
Because Rosary is a Gift of The Holy Spirit to young Mary. And Mary delivered all BornAgains from The evil Eve.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by orisa37: 2:32pm On Aug 11, 2017
Catholics discovered Christianity. That Mary is The Source of Christianity. And The Rosary was "A Pet Gift" of The Holy Spirit to her. It's therefore fitting and appropriate to always remember her the way we found her. She is The Mother of all Righteousness. And Righteousness involve Honour, Glory, Majesty and Worship.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by blackbriar: 4:20pm On Aug 11, 2017
johnw74:

yes i know u don't believe God's word, but yet u choose Bible verses that u think can help your false doctrines, that's called being a hypocrite, u r like the pharisees and other God hating people

u believe this:
Exo 20:13  Thou shalt not kill. 

and u believe this:
Psa 145:8  The LORD is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy. 

but u don't believe this:
1Sa 15:3  Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

u pick and choose what u will believe and not what God says, because u don't believe God, and God of course was right yet again when He said that u hate Him, u believe what the rcc tells u to, and u don't believe God, except where it suits u, and these are just more of God's word that u don't believe,
but which are talking about you:

I am just quoting the same bible that you are quoting, so you can see the clashes.
why would God say a here and say do b here.
Read through and understand the philosophy behind the bible.
That is why as a pastor in the making.....go to a seminary and study philosophy and theology, and do not just carry the holy book and start preaching rigid christianity to us most especially in Africa.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 11:20pm On Aug 11, 2017
Or maybe I had taken the time reading all the unscriptual doctrines, time and time again.
All maybe you haven't read the scriptures enough to know what has been added, and what has been removed" firstly the rosaries, praying to Mary, praying to saints to mediate before God on your behalf, the purgatory theory, all these were added, not in bible scripture, but the Catholic Church.
Do you not know, adding and removing the scriptures from the bible-doing so-is removing God's Words away from our own understanding.
Dahustler007:

Bro. Maybe you didn't take your time to read through Or you've closed your Heart from hearing anything a Catholic says.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 11:55pm On Aug 11, 2017
Dahustler007:

bro like me is interisted in Bible verses not lies, not man made false church doctrines
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 11:59pm On Aug 11, 2017
Dahustler007:

Enough Said in my Post, The Roman Catholic Church Don't Worship Idols....

If you don't believe fine it's cool. Cause we arguing over the same thing like every time won't change anything. Let's just concentrate on Loving GOD and ourselves... With the hope that nobody's wrong!
God bless you!

u clearly don't love God but hate Him, God said so Himself and u don't believe Him,
and of course a God hater wouldn't believe God:

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 12:03am On Aug 12, 2017
Just like the JW's-they only use the bible when it suits them too.
It just shows-which religion follows after the other, one blind man leads the other blind man into the pit.
Jesus said: go out to all the nations and preach the Word of God, baptising them in the name of the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit..
This is the differences we have with these other religions, they say they believe, but they preach another doctrine, they say they believe God speaks through the Word-but they don't spend enough time-understanding what it actually means, they are to busy worried about-their Church routine.
This is why these other religions have their own added and removed doctrines-more like comic books, to be honest-they just don't believe the truth-and like sheep they follow each other to their slaughter.
{Matthew 18:20} Brother the Lord said:where there are two or three gathered together in My name, He will be in the mist of us. God is using us-it takes special people like us-who can reach-out to people like these.
{2 Timothy 2:19} God said: He knows His own.
Johnw74 if you read what {Isaiah 42:1-2} Says-we don't need to cry out to be heard on the street corners..
johnw74:

cheesy
they don't believe the Bible, but use some of it when it suits them,
what else do they have but there unbibical rubbish

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 12:03am On Aug 12, 2017
orisa37:
Because Rosary is a Gift of The Holy Spirit to young Mary.
And Mary delivered all BornAgains from The evil Eve.

orisa37:
Catholics discovered Christianity. That Mary is The Source of Christianity. And The Rosary was "A Pet Gift" of The Holy Spirit to her. It's therefore fitting and appropriate to always remember her the way we found her. She is The Mother of all Righteousness. And Righteousness involve Honour, Glory, Majesty and Worship.

typical roman catholic un Bibical garbage

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 12:13am On Aug 12, 2017
blackbriar:

I am just quoting the same bible that you are quoting, so you can see the clashes.
why would God say a here and say do b here.
Read through and understand the philosophy behind the bible.
That is why as a pastor in the making.....go to a seminary and study philosophy and theology, and do not just carry the holy book and start preaching rigid christianity to us most especially in Africa.

u neither believe or understand the bible
u choose some verses that u think helps u
and u don't believe other verses which goes against your satanic church doctrines

and u keep running away from the issues,
u still haven't shown from the bible where
mary is to be prayed to, where
mary is divinity, where
mary is free from sin nature etc. etc. etc.

u roman catholics make all these false claims, and then when asked for
Bible scripture to support your satanic claims, u of course run away

now run away again blackbriar and come back with more run away garbage
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 12:22am On Aug 12, 2017
This is unbiblical rubbish.
Don't insult the Holy Spirit, He doesn't give us rosaries, nor anything in this matter, that doesn't line up with the Word of God.
{Matthew 12:32} And whoever speaks a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him, But whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world-nor the world to come.
Watch what you say-the Spirit of God-does not give us anything, unless it lines up with scripture.
Mary didn't deliver all born again believers from evil Eve! "Evil Eve, I wonder what you call Adam"?
orisa37:
Because Rosary is a Gift of The Holy Spirit to young Mary.
And Mary delivered all BornAgains from The evil Eve.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 1:22am On Aug 12, 2017
johnw74:

Catholicism teaches salvation by faith and works.

Canon 9 – “If any one saith, that by faith alone the impious is justified; let him be damned.”

CCC 846 – “Basing itself on Scripture and Tradition, the Council teaches that the Church, a pilgrim now on earth, is necessary for salvation.“

CCC 2068 – “The Council of Trent teaches that the Ten Commandments are obligatory for Christians and that the justified man is still bound to keep them. All men may attain salvation through faith, Baptism and the observance of the Commandments.“

CCC 2010 – “Moved by the Holy Spirit and by charity, we can then merit for ourselves and for others the graces needed for our sanctification, for the increase of grace and charity, and for the attainment of eternal life.”

Canon 9 says if you believe in salvation by faith alone, then you are damned. Blasphemy! The core of Christianity is salvation by faith in Christ alone. When it stops being faith in Christ alone it is no longer Christianity. It is a false religion. The Catholic Church teaches that you have to hold on to the Ten Commandments. Are you obeying everything perfectly?

If you are trying to maintain your relationship with God by faith and works Galatians 3:10 says you will be cursed. The reason is that you are not obeying everything. Faith is a gift of God. It is all by His grace. God desires perfection and that is why we must trust in the perfect merit of Jesus Christ. CCC 2010 says that “we can merit for ourselves and for others the graces needed for our salvation.”

This is a direct contradiction to the Bible. This is not something we can overlook. Open your eyes! Romans 11:6 says, “it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace.” When you try to maintain your relationship with God by works you are not trusting in Jesus Christ alone. Romans 3:28 teaches us salvation is by faith apart from works. This is a complete contradiction to the Catechism.

With a plethora of faith alone verses that contradict the catechism most Catholics are going to go to one verse James 2:17, “In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.” They say, “you see we need faith and works.” No! We have to read it in context to find out what is James 2 talking about. It is talking about a false faith before man. It is examining a false faith vs a genuine faith. It is not saying we need faith and works for salvation.

James 2:14 says, “What use is it, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but he has no works?” (Can that faith save him?) What faith is it talking about? A false faith! Genuine faith results in works. Salvation is a supernatural work of God where God changes a man and God works in the man to produce fruit. 2 Corinthians 5:17 teaches us that faith in Christ alone results in being a new creation.

You don’t need to maintain and work for your salvation. You were bought with the blood of Christ. Colossians 2:14 says, “he canceled our debt.” We have no more debt to pay. It’s cancelled! It’s all of grace. We don’t obey because it saves us and it keeps us in a right standing with God. We obey because we are saved by Christ alone.

We were made new by the power of the Holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit is continually working in us to conform us into the image of Christ. A changed life is evidence of faith in Christ alone. If you seek salvation by faith and obeying the commandments you are cursed like Galatians 3 says. Galatians 3:10 For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.”

Notice that in Matthew 7:22 Many said Lord look at all the good things I did, but the Lord said, “depart from me I never knew you.” Not once did they say Jesus Christ alone is my only claim to Heaven. My works are filthy rags. God desires perfection. Jesus Christ is our perfection.

Do you agree with CCC 2068 that salvation is by faith, baptism, and works? Is salvation by faith in Christ alone apart from works? Yes or no? If you say no, then you are in danger of Hell.

2. Ephesians 2:7-10 to demonstrate in the coming ages the surpassing wealth of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you are saved through faith, and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God; it is not from works, so that no one can boast. For we are his workmanship, having been created in Christ Jesus for good works that God prepared beforehand so we may do them.

3. Acts 16:30-31 Then he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

4. Romans 4:4-5 Now to the one who works, his pay is not credited due to grace but due to obligation. But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous, his faith is credited as righteousness.

Catholicism teaches that water baptism saves.

CCC 977- “Baptism is the first and chief sacrament of forgiveness of sins because it unites us with Christ, who died for our sins and rose for our justification.”

CCC 1257 – “Baptism is necessary for salvation for those to whom the Gospel has been proclaimed.”

When you teach that you need faith and baptism for salvation that is heresy. Above I gave a plethora of verses to teach that salvation is by faith in Christ alone. Baptism is a public testimony of your faith in Christ. It is identifying yourself with the body. It is a symbol of being buried with Christ unto death and being resurrected with Christ in newness of life.

The baptism that saves you is baptism of the Holy Spirit. This is when the Spirit of God joins us to the body of Christ. Once you put your trust in Christ alone you will be baptized by the Spirit just like 1 Corinthians 12:13 says. Water baptism is an important act of obedience that we do after we are saved, but it doesn’t save us. It is a work of man. Man has to be there and man does the scrubbing. Baptism of the Holy Spirit is a work of God where God saves a man.

The thief on the cross was not baptized. Some Catholics are going to say, “yeah but he’s the only exception.” My response is, who gives you the authority to say that? Is that biblical? Many people are going to jump to 1 Peter 3:21 to teach that baptism saves us. Cornelius received the Holy Spirit before being baptized, which shows he was already saved.

First, would one passage contradict 50+ verses that teach salvation is by faith in Christ alone? No! The entire New Testament teaches grace through faith in Christ alone. This is one of the essentials of Christianity. Would Peter contradict the other passages? No! Notice what Peter says in 1 Peter 3. He says no I’m not talking about the washing of your body in water.

I’m talking about immersion into Christ as seen in Romans 6:3-4, Galatians 3:27, and other chapters. Notice he says, “the pledge of a good conscience toward God through the resurrection of Jesus Christ.” We are united with Jesus through faith alone. Baptism in this passage means immersion. Immersion into Christ saves you not washing your body in water.

8. 1 Peter 3:21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

9. Ephesians 1:13 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.

10. Ephesians 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 3:44am On Aug 12, 2017
I am glad you didn't say Mary discovered Christianity, and I had noticed you didn't say Mary was even a Catholic-that information would upset the world, Haven't you noticed" Mary didn't pray the rosaries-she didn't have too-she prayed straight to the Father.
This is a good question to ask-after Mary giving birth to Jesus-He was living in the same house as Mary-why would she need to pray the rosaries while God the Father is sitting on her table?

orisa37:
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 3:55am On Aug 12, 2017
Listen and read what Pope Francis had to say? Jesus is a lie-so what are your reactions towards the Pope's heresy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMAPNYZg2ug
blackbriar:

THERE IS NO THIRD VATICAN COUNCIL.
you just say things from hate sites and repeat them with all authority.
THE LAST COUNCIL WAS VATICAN II CALLED BY POPE JOHN XX111
until u revert i wont answer the rest of your questions
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 6:58am On Aug 12, 2017
johnw74:

Catholicism teaches that water baptism saves.

CCC 977- “Baptism is the first and chief sacrament of forgiveness of sins because it unites us with Christ, who died for our sins and rose for our justification.”

CCC 1257 – “Baptism is necessary for salvation for those to whom the Gospel has been proclaimed.”

When you teach that you need faith and baptism for salvation that is heresy. Above I gave a plethora of verses to teach that salvation is by faith in Christ alone. Baptism is a public testimony of your faith in Christ. It is identifying yourself with the body. It is a symbol of being buried with Christ unto death and being resurrected with Christ in newness of life.

The baptism that saves you is baptism of the Holy Spirit. This is when the Spirit of God joins us to the body of Christ. Once you put your trust in Christ alone you will be baptized by the Spirit just like 1 Corinthians 12:13 says. Water baptism is an important act of obedience that we do after we are saved, but it doesn’t save us. It is a work of man. Man has to be there and man does the scrubbing. Baptism of the Holy Spirit is a work of God where God saves a man.

The thief on the cross was not baptized. Some Catholics are going to say, “yeah but he’s the only exception.” My response is, who gives you the authority to say that? Is that biblical? Many people are going to jump to 1 Peter 3:21 to teach that baptism saves us. Cornelius received the Holy Spirit before being baptized, which shows he was already saved.

First, would one passage contradict 50+ verses that teach salvation is by faith in Christ alone? No! The entire New Testament teaches grace through faith in Christ alone. This is one of the essentials of Christianity. Would Peter contradict the other passages? No! Notice what Peter says in 1 Peter 3. He says no I’m not talking about the washing of your body in water.

I’m talking about immersion into Christ as seen in Romans 6:3-4, Galatians 3:27, and other chapters. Notice he says, “the pledge of a good conscience toward God through the resurrection of Jesus Christ.” We are united with Jesus through faith alone. Baptism in this passage means immersion. Immersion into Christ saves you not washing your body in water.

8. 1 Peter 3:21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

9. Ephesians 1:13 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.

10. Ephesians 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

Catholicism teaches purgatory.

The Trentine Creed, of Pius IV, A.D. 1564 – “I constantly hold that there is a Purgatory, and that the souls therein detained are helped by the suffrages of the faithful.”

CCC 1031 – “The tradition of the Church, by reference to certain texts of Scripture, speaks of a cleansing fire: As for certain lesser faults, we must believe that, before the Final Judgment, there is a purifying fire.”

Purgatory is a place of temporary punishment that believers go to for the cleansing of sin. It is basically an extremely painful purifying fire before Heaven. Some teach that you have to spend 1000 years in purgatory. Is that biblical? This is heresy and it angers me!

This is a seriously wicked doctrine that denies the sufficiency of the atonement. Romans 8 says, “there is no condemnation for those in Christ.” 1 John 1:7 says, “the blood of Christ cleanses us from all sin.” Are these passages false? If you believe in purgatory that means that you are saying that Jesus Christ is not enough to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. We need something else.

If you say that we need something extra you are not Christian. The Catholic Church teaches that you can do works to shorten your time in purgatory. You can do penance for sins already forgiven and you can even do good works for others who are in purgatory.

This is blasphemy. Jesus paid our debt in full and to say otherwise is of the devil. Some Catholics teach that you can buy your way out of purgatory with money. A Catholic author even raised two million dollars to get souls out of purgatory.

Some Catholics are going to bring up 1 Corinthians 3:15 as proof text for purgatory which says, “if anyone’s work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire.” Once again one passage is not going to contradict the entire Bible.

1 Corinthians 3:15 is clearly not referring to purgatory when we read it in context. 1 Cor. 3:12-15 is talking about a believers works being judged. Notice it does not say a believer will be passed through the fire.

Paul says that it is the work that is being tested here. So what is 1 Corinthians 3:15 really talking about? It has nothing to do with salvation. It is talking about the Judgment Seat of Christ. It’s talking about rewards in Heaven. Good works will survive the fire. False works will be consumed. 2 Corinthians 5 tells us what is to come for believers. 2 Corinthians 5:6–8 “So we are always of good courage. We know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord, for we walk by faith, not by sight. Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord.“

11. John 5:24 I tell you the truth, those who listen to my message and believe in God who sent me have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their sins, but they have already passed from death into life.

12. John 19:30 Therefore when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, “It is finished!” And He bowed His head and gave up His spirit.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by gabe: 7:55am On Aug 12, 2017
numo86:
Catholics are just proud,presumpteous,obstinate,deluded idol worshippers........
lol, they are so hard to convert to tithe paying, seed sowing christians abi?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Dahustler007(m): 11:05am On Aug 12, 2017
johnw74:

u clearly don't love God but hate Him, God said so Himself and u don't believe Him,
and of course a God hater wouldn't believe God:

Bro. Don't get me wrong, hope you read the part of my post that says we don't worship Idols, we worship the person of GOD the statue or picture we're bowing to portrays... But since you keep insisting it's idols we worship fine, got nothing to say no more.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Dahustler007(m): 11:19am On Aug 12, 2017
brocab:
Or maybe I had taken the time reading all the unscriptual doctrines, time and time again.
All maybe you haven't read the scriptures enough to know what has been added, and what has been removed" firstly the rosaries, praying to Mary, praying to saints to mediate before God on your behalf, the purgatory theory, all these were added, not in bible scripture, but the Catholic Church.
Do you not know, adding and removing the scriptures from the bible-doing so-is removing God's Words away from our own understanding.

Like you said Rosaries, Praying to Mary, Praying to Saints to meditate before GOD on Our Behalf aren't in the Bible true talk, Our Mother Mary appeared to many Saints and places telling them about the benefits of praying the Rosary which I stated in my Post. She also appeared in Nigeria too sure you heard that.

Jesus Christ revealed himself to Saint. Maria Faustina, which he told her about his Great Mercy and his forever Ready to pour out his Mercy on those who are truly sorry for their sins. Catholics do have the 3'O Clock prayer of Divine mercy asking GOD to forgive our sins and that of the whole world.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 9:43pm On Aug 12, 2017
Of course you would believe the story of the 3 children at Fatima, "one child seen a light, the other heard a voice, and the other seen and heard nothing, while the rest of the crowd seen spinning flashing coloured lights-this sounds more like a UFO encounter.
Did you know the Catholic Church have old paintings-most of them show UFO picture sightings around Mary-and Jesus on the cross.
No-one talks about Jesus running around-planting Himself in tree's-coming as the sun light-or standing above the 3 Children.
The problem is, the Catholic's believe almost anything they hear from a friend or a priest, Jesus said: we must test the word, meaning, if what you hear isn't written in the Word of God-don't believe it.
If the bible said: Jesus is coming back-believe it, but Mary's appearance test it, if it isn't written in the Word of God-then it's a lie.
When I hear testimony's of Jesus-I normally hear it-either in a dream or a vision, I have never heard Jesus standing on the corner-like I hear Mary popping up in different places..
Haven't you read-Satan comes here as the Angel of light. {2 Corinthians 11:14}
But be careful {2 Corinthians 4:4} The god of this age had blinded the mines of the unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
Dahustler007:

Like you said Rosaries, Praying to Mary, Praying to Saints to meditate before GOD on Our Behalf aren't in the Bible true talk, Our Mother Mary appeared to many Saints and places telling them about the benefits of praying the Rosary which I stated in my Post. She also appeared in Nigeria too sure you heard that.

Jesus Christ revealed himself to Saint. Maria Faustina, which he told her about his Great Mercy and his forever Ready to pour out his Mercy on those who are truly sorry for their sins. Catholics do have the 3'O Clock prayer of Divine mercy asking GOD to forgive our sins and that of the whole world.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (83) (Reply)

ww3 to heat up before end of may 2015 / MFM Church Bride Weds Without Makeup, Rocks Makeup At Reception / RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 171
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.