Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease - Health (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease (56356 Views)

The Facts About Condoms / Misconceptions About People Living With Sickle Cell Disease / Inspirational Tweets Of People Living With Sickle-Cell Disease. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by Nobody: 3:36pm On Nov 02, 2012
sucezTP:

idowu, the one i know, stays at idi araba,college of medicine, university of lag in prenatal lab..
I saw him once and heard people calling him by that name..
He has stated his full names already..
Guess you are cool!
sucez na, the one I know is professor akinyaju, he's probably a billionaire from money made from his foundation-the sickle cell foundation, he's been interviewed by Mo abudu, there was a year senator Tinubu (Mrs) said no one should buy her gifts, instead they should donate towards completing the sickle cell foundation centre, the centre is one monstrosity of a building where the professor hopes to administer palliatives.
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by Nobody: 3:39pm On Nov 02, 2012
lepasharon: I see no effects of folic cid,i have stopped taking it.In place i take b complex.i also take a multivitamin,to increase appetite.
During crisis i now take tramadol insted of ibuprofen cos it has a calming effect.
be careful how you use tramadol so you don't develop an ulcer.
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by Nobody: 3:40pm On Nov 02, 2012
deco_slim: I would find it useful if you all

List the medications you are on and how they works

Thanks

#phew# afternoon soon so harsh*
presently on nothing due to scd, I live a very healthy life. Every now and then I take like 6 cApsules of cellod s. That's all.
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by decoslim(m): 7:58pm On Nov 02, 2012
blink182: presently on nothing due to scd, I live a very healthy life. Every now and then I take like 6 cApsules of cellod s. That's all.

6 capsule is so much o...

Okay...does the cellod s clear the eyes to become white

Becos I most care for my eyes...I hate it being yellow...

I can't even look at someone directly eye to eye...
I feel so**************"they're better****

That's Y am on *dbanj dark shades*

***just getting home***
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by Abali1(m): 8:02pm On Nov 02, 2012
deco_slim:

***just getting home***

You are worrying yourself too much.
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by decoslim(m): 8:14pm On Nov 02, 2012
Abali1:

Deco, I was once like you.
I went 3years or more, without being hospitalized (that was after I was mis-diagnosed AA). I " forgot" everything I have learnt about SCD. Then my last crisis happened.
I was taken to the hospital after a bout of food poisening episode. The doctor ordered a test to be run, when the result came back he told me I was going in for transfusion. I vehemently refused (cos I had vowed never to be transfused again). He told me that transfusion was necessary cos my blood level was too low (15%) for him to commence treatment ( as at that time, I felt that I was the most HEALTHY person to have walked the earth).
I still refused transfusion. Then he said I should go home and build my RBC (of course that will take 3 months), then I can come back for treatment. I was already heading out of the hospital, before my mums call came in. She pleaded with me, and because of that mother-son bond I finally agreed to be transfused.
It was after that crisis episode that I started reflecting on my life and my sometimes STUPID ego, when it comes to my health.

You are just like me,,, I hate being in the hands of doctors and I hate being transfused...

There was a time when I was about 11yrs, I was rushed to the clinic,,,I was being transfused...

But guess what..later that same day when I was still on the drip,,,i almost pulled it away (smiles)

The doctor got hold of me,,saying if I removed it I won't be his friend...

I said okay...

But sooner or later,,,a girl at my side...who was very sick just died like that before her mom came back from buying her food to take...

I was so not happy,,,then I had forgoten I was sick...I stood up and told my parents if they don't take me out of here, I would caught the drip...

After much argue,, my mom went to see d doctor and told him I want to go home ( that's was about 1 am)

The doctor told my parents that I am going at my own risk..and that they should signed an agreement....

My parent came to meet me once more and wanted to convince me to stay...

I said "NO"...

I can't stay in d same room with a girl that just died.

So my parents agreed and we left...

-----------------------------------------------
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by decoslim(m): 9:05pm On Nov 02, 2012
Abali1:

You are worrying yourself too much.

#phew# yeah I guess so..

Let me just take life has it is...

Thanks.....
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 02, 2012
deco_slim:

***just getting home***
use glucose I said it before. Cod liver also does it.
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by decoslim(m): 10:12pm On Nov 02, 2012
blink182: use glucose I said it before. Cod liver also does it.

So glucose....

Any prescription...

Coz am buying some 2mao
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by Nobody: 10:54pm On Nov 02, 2012
deco_slim:

So glucose....

Any prescription...

Coz am buying some 2mao
I don't follow prescription, read the pack for dosage or take 2 table spoonful. I'm a big guy, don't know your size. Take it thrice daily.
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by Idowuogbo(f): 11:41pm On Nov 02, 2012
deco_slim:

#phew# yeah I guess so..

Let me just take life has it is...

Thanks.....

Awww...I see improvements already, Well done! Although I no b winch to see if u dey use ur drugs dem wella, but! Ur research? Am proud Hercules! Mama proud! cheesy
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by decoslim(m): 11:45pm On Nov 02, 2012
blink182: I don't follow prescription, read the pack for dosage or take 2 table spoonful. I'm a big guy, don't know your size. Take it thrice daily.

Ok...thanks...

I'm very slim, but tall....
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by decoslim(m): 12:04am On Nov 03, 2012
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by decoslim(m): 12:05am On Nov 03, 2012
SOLAMIN(R) is a herbal preparation with
anti-sickling property reported to be
effective in the management of
sickle cell patients.
Research work on SOLAMIN confirms that SOLAMIN
contains average or percentage sickling inhibition
(prevention) of between 89.56 97.95% and
63.82 84.00% sickling reversal.
SOLAMIN is also known to greatly enhance the
physical development of Patients
(Research work by: Natural medicine and molecular
Pharmaco-Biotechnology Laboratories, college of
medicine, university of Lagos.)
INDICATION
SOLAMIN may be useful in the mangement of the
following conditions
Sickle cell anaemia
Arthritic pains
Inflamation of the joints
DOSAGE
Infants - 5ml every 12 hours
Children -10ml every 12 hours
Adults - 20ml every 12 hours
Dosage could be reduced by 50% after intake of up to
200 -600ml depending on age of patient
CONTRA-INDICATIONS
The products is contra indicated in patients with
chronic Renal failure
SIDE EFFECT
No serious side effects have been reported with the
oral use of SOLAMIN the product is apparently safe
and innocuous
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by decoslim(m): 12:07am On Nov 03, 2012
Have anyone heard of the drug or use it?
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by decoslim(m): 12:19am On Nov 03, 2012
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by decoslim(m): 12:23am On Nov 03, 2012
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by Abali1(m): 4:59am On Nov 03, 2012
deco_slim: And that

https://www.nairaland.com/911277/sickle-cell-remedy

@deco_slim, why don't you also go through this other thread www.nairaland.com/583986/good-news-permanent-cure-sickle/1

I believe what you are really looking for is a drug that can permanently cure you of SCD. To that, I wish you goodluck and also advice you to be careful of people who will "take advantage of you" and rip you off financially.
I have heard of Solamin, but only on the internet.

The day I came across the name CELLOD-S, I was able to gather enough info from NL. I made a few calls and was able to talk to the director himself, who gave me more info.

Please let us all be careful of those who will want to take undue advantage of us, all in the name of helping us CURE SCD.

Note: Am not saying that the drug Solamin does not work. All am saying is that if the drug is as good as they say it is, give us enough info (free of charge) on how to get it and let us make our own research.
After all A GOOD PRODUCT MARKETS ITSELF.

2 Likes

Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by Idowuogbo(f): 8:28am On Nov 03, 2012
^seconded!

I c u blink! Morning... cheesy
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by Abali1(m): 10:17am On Nov 03, 2012
Goodmorning, my fellow Warriors and viewers of this thread. My madam Idowuogbo, I dey throway salute.
My AS/AS intending partners, please reconsider your stance. Break-ups are never easy, but it is easier than living with the memory that you could have saved your child the trauma.
Shalom.
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by decoslim(m): 10:33am On Nov 03, 2012
Abali1:

@deco_slim, why don't you also go through this other thread www.nairaland.com/583986/good-news-permanent-cure-sickle/1

I believe what you are really looking for is a drug that can permanently cure you of SCD. To that, I wish you goodluck and also advice you to be careful of people who will "take advantage of you" and rip you off financially.
I have heard of Solamin, but only on the internet.

The day I came across the name CELLOD-S, I was able to gather enough info from NL. I made a few calls and was able to talk to the director himself, who gave me more info.

Please let us all be careful of those who will want to take undue advantage of us, all in the name of helping us CURE SCD.

Note: Am not saying that the drug Solamin does not work. All am saying is that if the drug is as good as they say it is, give us enough info (free of charge) on how to get it and let us make our own research.
After all A GOOD PRODUCT MARKETS ITSELF.

I told my mom about the cellod S, she was amazed...

She said first time I am inquisitive about ma health

She said, I should be careful with drugs...and that

Were can they get it @ benin

She was really wondering about my suddenly change...

*The hercules has finally kneel on the hands of drugs*

But I don't want to kneel o....

But I need to know were I can buy cellod s at benin...

I bought a packet of glucose today!...

Drink only that...but I hope I can keep up with it...
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by decoslim(m): 10:39am On Nov 03, 2012
This group should have its on forum...

Am a web designer I can create a forum for we all to
Share SCD experiences and much more...

What do u think you all...

Blink,

abali
Idowuogbu

Ur say on dis...

1 Like

Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by Abali1(m): 11:23am On Nov 03, 2012
deco_slim: This group should have its on forum...

Am a web designer I can create a forum for we all to
Share SCD experiences and much more...

What do u think you all...

Blink,

abali
Idowuogbu

Ur say on dis...

wow! Deco my man, that will be really good. I am ready when you are. Count me in.
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by decoslim(m): 1:08pm On Nov 03, 2012
Abali1:

wow! Deco my man, that will be really good. I am ready when you are. Count me in.

Am ready.....

I just need a volunteer....

For a start...

Domain name= N1700
Webhost for 1yr=5500

I can have enough money for d webhost...

But can anyone get a domain name...?

And what name can we use...

Seriously am in.

It won't take a day for me to set it up...

Am geting us a webhost...even if it cost 5k

What's ur say?

1 Like

Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by decoslim(m): 1:14pm On Nov 03, 2012
Let me try and see if we can get a less expensive domain name...

Web4africa domain name cost 1700N

Let me check others
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by Abali1(m): 2:20pm On Nov 03, 2012
ok. Deco can we brain storm on a domain name here on Naira Land. I will suggest you create a thread for that, let's see if we can get NL MOD'S to put it on front page, cos this thread is already losing steam. Fewer people are visiting it.

Maybe something like Warrior_Amazon forum.... what do you think.
A catchy name is necessary
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by decoslim(m): 3:06pm On Nov 03, 2012
Its cool...

But don't u think a name relating to SCD is beta...

What do u think...

TheSCDzone.com

Just anytin...

SCDwarriors.com

What's ur say
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by FKBZ: 3:11pm On Nov 03, 2012
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by Amynamerica: 3:38pm On Nov 03, 2012
deco_slim:

I told my mom about the cellod S, she was amazed...

She said first time I am inquisitive about ma health

She said, I should be careful with drugs...and that

Were can they get it @ benin

She was really wondering about my suddenly change...

*The hercules has finally kneel on the hands of drugs*

But I don't want to kneel o....

But I need to know were I can buy cellod s at benin...

I bought a packet of glucose today!...

Drink only that...but I hope I can keep up with it...

Ratex Chemist, 15 Sapele/Benin Road. Tel: 08025927921
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by Abali1(m): 3:41pm On Nov 03, 2012
FKBZ: Hi house,
The Idea of a website is very good,but I was looking @ we setting a group in which very warrior can meet maybe once in 3 months,then we go ahead with a website which we would make very interactive so people like us can have a group to fall on incase of enquiry or otherwise.if we can do this we can be bigger than d sickle foundation in idi araba which isn't really attending to pressing issues of SCD patients.
My thoughts

It's actually a good idea to meet once in a while, at least to put a Human Face in the new forum that will be created. So that people can actually see us and hear us talk live.
The only problem I envisage there, is that we live in different city. Unless we rotate the meet.

@deco, the names are okay. But let us brain storm some more and wait for other peoples input. As FKBZ said, this could be bigger than sickle cell foundation.
Talking about sickle cell foundation, you guys only need to visit there site and you will be disappointed.
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by decoslim(m): 3:48pm On Nov 03, 2012
FKBZ: Hi house,
The Idea of a website is very good,but I was looking @ we setting a group in which very warrior can meet maybe once in 3 months,then we go ahead with a website which we would make very interactive so people like us can have a group to fall on incase of enquiry or otherwise.if we can do this we can be bigger than d sickle foundation in idi araba which isn't really attending to pressing issues of SCD patients.
My thoughts

Wow!!!that's a big plan...I get were u are going....

That will be good....

Am in
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by decoslim(m): 3:51pm On Nov 03, 2012
Amynamerica:

Ratex Chemist, 15 Sapele/Benin Road. Tel: 08025927921

Wow!!! Thanks....

*thumbs up*

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

High Blood Pressure & Women's Sex Life - Expert Advises / Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number / Women How Do You Deal With Period Pain?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.