Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,357 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:39 AM

The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. (33101 Views)

The Minimum Salary Of A Roughneck In Nigeria / Things Every Recent Graduate Should Know / 5 Things Every Unemployed Nigerian Graduate Should Know! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by Agassa: 10:28pm On Oct 31, 2012
kingingkinging:

It is always difficult to give a loaded question and expect a blancket answer. Questions are always relative and answers too are relative.

What Mr A will call a bad salary; Mr B may accept. I have seen people who were ready to work without salary just to garner the relevant years of experience for better opportunity.

However, if we want to pick an average salary, I think N60,000 for a start is not too bad. With that you can:
1. Pay your T. fare=N15,000 a month (highest)
2. Pay your tithe=N6000
3. Feed yourself=N18,000 @N600 per day
4. Cloth yourself=N5000 @ N2,500 per shirt (avg)
5. Save remaining N16,000 for future use eg writing of professional exams, etc.

U no go make calls?.what about ur babe?won't u give her money to make her hair sometimes?what about blackberry subscription?internet for laptop nko?what bout mummsy for village?my point is, 60k is small sha o...even for a start.
Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by elbulk(m): 10:36pm On Oct 31, 2012
1st I wanna say graduate no be job,plus its nuthing spectacular,question is what can u do...bro experience is key,do wateva makes u have a"cv" that can be referred to had my 1st jobs even b4 I got a degree...nw d experience makes me able 2 apply 4 any graduate job of experience of up 2 5 yrs
Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by Dsage1: 10:36pm On Oct 31, 2012
Billyonaire: Yea, I understand you. Just as I stated. I started with N12,000 a month salary and never rejected a job cos of low pay, because I already graduated with a mindset that am not gonna be a paid employee for long. Every graduate out there should reject no job except you have better choices. And make sure you work in a sector you can actually learn the tricks of running such companies. Grab the industrial secrets and move on.

I thought before that you are just faking people of being a successful business man but now,I've seen some elements of truth in your replies so far.

I guess you must be a Realist like me?
Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by DICKtator: 10:43pm On Oct 31, 2012
wellmax:

Ahhha nothing for charity? IMO sha oo

You also know Charity?
She really is a s.lut!
grin grin grin grin
Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by Agassa: 10:44pm On Oct 31, 2012
TayoT: A graduate in Nigeria should receive a Minimum of 100,000/month. But it also depends on location and proximity to work. But economically, anything less than this is below poverty line

This comment above just made me realise how truly Blessed I am.
Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by Ikology(m): 10:49pm On Oct 31, 2012
tessyade: If i may ask why the camry when you know the job is contract? How are you able to fuel and maintain the car now that the job is not available? You should have thought of this before buying it.
taxi is alway an option for him
Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by ichidodo: 10:51pm On Oct 31, 2012
Cultured: Wages is for living and profit is for fortune . My advice to you guys out there is to look beyond formal employment/wages and embrace ventures that will lead to profit making . Meanwhile, all things being equal , starting from the next 10 days, I will select 10 guys in this forum and teach them how to start off any lucrative business of their choice with just only 10% worth of the supposed capital of such venture , and I wouldn't mind lending the take-off seed to the genuine less privileged ones . Lest I forget , I don't believe in gravy train , but I believe in hard work ,thou smart work is the secret of success . In the other hand , what one need to succeed in any calling is education ( formal/informal ) not degree . I Look forward to see many of you up there in ladder of financial success . Idea rules the world .
OGA, PUT URE BOI FOR LIST, I DEY ABEG *grovels*
Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by Nobody: 10:59pm On Oct 31, 2012
ghettodreamz: @OP;
They are all peanuts, considering the number of years one spent in school, the pain, stress, money and those burnt night candles. But with the situation of unemployment for Naija, I think any fresh graduates would want to grab any ooooo, on the basis of "Half a loaf is much more better than none", thingz..

So you think you deserve a lot of money because you spent a lot of years, stress, pain and money to go to school? If that is the only reason you think you deserve a lot of money then "wahala dey". Did anyone promise you that if you go to school, you will be handsomely rewarded via big salaries when you graduate?
Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by jkbimmy(m): 2:52am On Nov 01, 2012
@If
Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by obowunmi(m): 2:57am On Nov 01, 2012
AjanleKoko: Okay.
Lemme get this straight. So a jobless graduate would decline a job because the salary fell below his/her minimum requirements?
Okay oh grin cheesy

What's funny joor?
Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by jkbimmy(m): 3:30am On Nov 01, 2012
@saxywale.
Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by memorycard1: 6:46am On Nov 01, 2012
show man, d poster did not ask u how much u get, or how much u re demanding, u were askd 2 make contributn. Afterall dat ur 728K is stil some peanut 2 some goddam folks, so park well.
Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by Dansadaumallam(m): 6:55am On Nov 01, 2012
ghettodreamz: @OP;
They are all peanuts, considering the number of years one spent in school, the pain, stress, money and those burnt night candles. But with the situation of unemployment for Naija, I think any fresh graduates would want to grab any ooooo, on the basis of "Half a loaf is much more better than none", thingz..
I wonder if we must reclaim all we spent schooling in an annual sallary.
Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by ujchief(m): 7:42am On Nov 01, 2012
Peeps now use this thread to boast of their income.
Just few people have contributed positively in line with the topic. Op is seeking an advice which will benefit a few others who are currently in the same condition or will soon join the league after graduating. So quit this ur 'i earn N750k' speech.
However, i learnt a thing or two.
*unfollows thread*
Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by Nobody: 9:32am On Nov 01, 2012
Now the floor is opened. If you like you people should dull yourself and not start talking.

My name is ..., I am 26, graduate with 2:1 Sociology (4.2), resuming masters soon just to develop myself and prepare myself better for the future and my visions. My strengths are writing and speaking (basically communication), creative thinking, analysis of business overview, opening of new windows or perspective into things and good relationship skills... I'm currently working (Logistics, customer service), have experience in research, media and writing (amateur level).

Just saying all this because someone out there might want someone like me and besides all this big guys here are really impressive so perhaps there is an opportunity you want to give or is open. Thanks in advance.

My mail is Aaarrrwww... cannot do that. Well reach me on; I don't even know now. Send me a PM, I don't even get PMs but please do send me a personal message. I would get it IJN.
Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by sisqology(m): 10:33am On Nov 01, 2012
kingingkinging:

It is always difficult to give a loaded question and expect a blancket answer. Questions are always relative and answers too are relative.

What Mr A will call a bad salary; Mr B may accept. I have seen people who were ready to work without salary just to garner the relevant years of experience for better opportunity.

However, if we want to pick an average salary, I think N60,000 for a start is not too bad. With that you can:
1. Pay your T. fare=N15,000 a month (highest)
2. Pay your tithe=N6000
3. Feed yourself=N18,000 @N600 per day
4. Cloth yourself=N5000 @ N2,500 per shirt (avg)
5. Save remaining N16,000 for future use eg writing of professional exams, etc.

Ɣọ̥μ̥ did not add "drinking of beer" cheesy
Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by Shine1177: 4:03pm On Nov 01, 2012
#60,000 is not bad for a start but you can build yourself by writing professional exams or venture into genuine business after 3 years savings.
Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by Dlionsheart: 6:06pm On Nov 01, 2012
all of u na big mumu. make una dey wait 4 100,000 job
Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by mannet(m): 7:11pm On Nov 01, 2012
pafestula:
Lair.. Which Total and E n P dey pay such?

Man,don't argue what u don't know,i have friends there and i recently went for a recruitment exercise there too. Pls watch ur words
Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by bravolyk(m): 7:40pm On Nov 01, 2012
100k a month is not bad for a starter considering the stress and everything we went through school,there is money in this country so why should we settle for less.what plans can you make for the future with a salary of 60k when you have loads of bills to pay,food,clothings, and friends and families around to lend your help too abeg make we reason am well.
Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by bravolyk(m): 7:41pm On Nov 01, 2012
mannet:

Man,don't argue what u don't know,i have friends there and i recently went for a recruitment exercise there too. Pls watch ur words
abeg leave that guy let him say whatever he likes,let him go and see graduates in mobil then he will shut up.

1 Like

Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by profstar(m): 8:53am On Jul 23, 2013
prince FAD: i get 728k monthly after tax and i am still demanding for more smiley
YOUR FATHER!
Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 23, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]
Billyonaire: I started importation of just 1 car, and that was Honda Accord that I won't forget. The cost was $2100+shipping then. And buyer had to bring part payment for clearing, I am telling this story for others to gain from. I am no more importing cars now, but branched into oil/gas and properties.
the question is 'how did u raise capital for ur importation business?'
Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 27, 2013
So this topic sef dey?...
Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by Ricmayak1: 6:34am On Sep 28, 2013
Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by addictiv(m): 10:15am On Sep 28, 2013
smiley
Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 28, 2013
Have you guys visited www.buyam.com.ng?.
Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by fabraham(m): 10:28am On Oct 02, 2013
richarts: Now the floor is opened. If you like you people should dull yourself and not start talking.

My name is ..., I am 26, graduate with 2:1 Sociology (4.2), resuming masters soon just to develop myself and prepare myself better for the future and my visions. My strengths are writing and speaking (basically communication), creative thinking, analysis of business overview, opening of new windows or perspective into things and good relationship skills... I'm currently working (Logistics, customer service), have experience in research, media and writing (amateur level).

Just saying all this because someone out there might want someone like me and besides all this big guys here are really impressive so perhaps there is an opportunity you want to give or is open. Thanks in advance.

My mail is Aaarrrwww... cannot do that. Well reach me on; I don't even know now. Send me a PM, I don't even get PMs but please do send me a personal message. I would get it IJN.
you BADT gan,LWKMD
Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 18, 2014
Does anyone have fresh ideas?
Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by Tuktuk: 11:57am On Oct 19, 2014
princeFAD:
i get 728k monthly after tax and i am still demanding for more smiley
nawa for you ooo bros. anyways thats life and money the more you get, the more you want. (if you are for real, Be grateful)
Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by Godmother(f): 8:43am On Oct 21, 2014
My first job was 40k, then I got another a month later that was tripple that amount. I was there for 7 months before being affected by down-sizing and then was jobless for 2 years before throwing away pride and accepting a marketing job with an unstable pay.

My advice to graduates will be to not look down on any job. I have noticed that you tend to get jobs quicker when you are already working. Just continue the search and also involve God almighty.

1 Like

Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by 03liberty: 10:03am On Oct 21, 2014
Godmother:
My first job was 40k, then I got another a month later that was tripple that amount. I was there for 7 months before being affected by down-sizing and then was jobless for 2 years before throwing away pride and accepting a marketing job with an unstable pay.

My advice to graduates will be to not look down on any job. I have noticed that you tend to get jobs quicker when you are already working. Just continue the search and also involve God almighty.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Experience Today / Anna Makanju: Nigerian Working At OpenAI (Photos) / Bilkis Rafiu, Female Vulcanizer In Kwara State With Swag (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.