Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. (33114 Views)

The Minimum Salary Of A Roughneck In Nigeria / Things Every Recent Graduate Should Know / 5 Things Every Unemployed Nigerian Graduate Should Know! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 31, 2012
Cultured:

You must be frugal, I mean, for you to have saved up to $2100 within 2 years, from your meagre N25,000 per month salary then.

Yes, I am. It was a natural survival instinct. But now, the music is different.
Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by Nuezha(m): 3:48pm On Oct 31, 2012
Okontami: I started my life with 10,000 naira per month salary almost 10yrs ago. But now its grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Which I hardly spend cos am always traveling . Life is stage. All you need is time and trust in God. Never despise a little beginning
Well said.
In every beginning is a real beginning.
I started with N3,000 (TIRI TAUSON NAIRA) in Year 2000. Ridiculous uh!
That's my car's half salary / week now.
Life in fact is in stages.
Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by Nobody: 3:53pm On Oct 31, 2012
My advice to any young graduate in Nigeria of today is to start something first. Do not be too ambitious about how much you will be paid at the start. Yes, you spent zillions of years in school, served, and yes I am aware that some of your course mates, friends, etc are already working in blue chip coys where they are paid heavily like- 250k, 300k, 400k, above a month, don't let theirs be your standard of measurement, just start from somewhere.

Some great and reputable men you hear in Nigeria today started with peanut salaries when their mates were earning big, but along the line, their mates got carried away with the fact that they are earning fat salary, started running around with different women from one city and campus to another....while those that started with peanut salaries learnt to save, to be frugal with their little income and alas, God's grace located them and they hit the top ladder.

Most employers don't want to hire inexperienced graduates, so try as much as you can to get experience no matter the pay...it worths it I must tell you. Don't mind what people, friends and family will tell you, just start and pray. Above all, save, save no matter how little and look out for small investment ideas you can plow your little savings. A small business center may help to boost that your meager income...remember, what matters in life is not where you are now, it is where you are going...so do not allow your present situation today to mar your tomorrow...keep dreaming.

Wishing all unemployed graduates reading this good luck and God's divine favor.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by saintgwizard(m): 3:53pm On Oct 31, 2012
Aijalon: u foolish 4 dat,una dey do ritual??
I know people that earn 1.0M after tax, it all depends on the level u are.
Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by Etumgbe(m): 3:55pm On Oct 31, 2012
as i dey so even if i see commission work (e.g insurance) i go rush am provided say son of man no dey stay house again

1 Like

Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by tessyade: 3:57pm On Oct 31, 2012
Maricuzi: After NYSC 2010, I got a teaching job @ 15k. Less than 8months I got a contract job @ 110k for 16months. Now am out of d job, searchin for a new one

The 110k really help cos I ve a camry now and a little savings for feedin , till I find a new job.

God is Able
If i may ask why the camry when you know the job is contract? How are you able to fuel and maintain the car now that the job is not available? You should have thought of this before buying it.
Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 31, 2012
saintgwizard: I know people that earn 1.0M after tax, it all depends on the level u are.

Of course we all know that...some NLNG staffs earn up to that...and some AGIP staffs too, from what I know...but that's not what we should be telling the public, remember, there are millions of unemployed graduate youths in Nigeria today, who are far more better than those being paid that exorbitant salary you mentioned, so it is not always by our intelligence but God's divine grace...so therefore, do not talk about that here this is a public forum...you need to encourage the youths who are still searching for jobs, and don't even mind doing peanut jobs just to survive, so telling them that some people earn 1M, 2M, will only make them feel left out...pls let's all desist from such acts and encourage one another....thanks all smiley

6 Likes

Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by Okijajuju1(m): 4:01pm On Oct 31, 2012
tessyade: If i may ask why the camry when you know the job is contract? How are you able to fuel and maintain the car now that the job is not available? You should have thought of this before buying it.

The car is a wise choice...

I know a guy who lost his job with an Oil servicing company and he had a wife and kids to feed.. He immediately converted his Honda Accord into an executive taxi.. Long distance trips, all day hire and high target clientel.. He did this for over 2 years.. Got his new job through that business that brought him in contact with a client that saw his plight and helped him out..

A car isnt always such a bad idea for an unemployed grad.. A good car can fetch you over 20,k a day if you know what you are doing with it..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by jkbimmy(m): 4:03pm On Oct 31, 2012
@mine
Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 31, 2012
DailyNews:

Of course we all know that...some NLNG staffs earn up to that...and some AGIP staffs too, from what I know...but that's not what we should be telling the public, remember, there are millions of unemployed graduate youths in Nigeria today, who are far more better than those being paid that exorbitant salary you mentioned, so it is not always by our intelligence but God's divine grace...so therefore, do not talk about that here this is a public forum...you need to encourage the youths who are still searching for jobs, and don't even mind doing peanut jobs just to survive, so telling them that some people earn 1M, 2M, will only make them feel left out...pls let's all desist from such acts and encourage one another....thanks all smiley

God bless u. Just talk to an unemployed graduate what he or she should not decline. Thats the essence of this thread. You may drop encouragement as well and also consider what Ifyalways said... as per what she bookmarked, im impressed with that.

Thanks people.
Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by DavidPH: 4:09pm On Oct 31, 2012
i started with 15k in 2010
Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 31, 2012
jkbimmy: As à fresh graduate then, started with 150k, after 1 yr increased to 250k above....now I manage to earn, 980,000k à month and still need more. Life is in stages...we all get there...
980K is still a long way to go bro. Some shell guys earn 3.5m per month. And some business guys make millions to billions monthly too, but this thread seek to encourage new school leavers to have hope and pick up that job, even if its too low as far as they leave home and create hope for the future.

1 Like

Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by Cultured(m): 4:10pm On Oct 31, 2012
Billyonaire:

Yes, I am. It was a natural survival instinct. But now, the music is different.

It is not as if I believe that your story , no . Anyways, more grease to your elbow . I for one, I started my present flourishing business conglomerates with just $120 , that was some 6 years ago after losing my initial business capital that worth close to $200,000 . In a nutshell , what any good entrepreneur need first is good business idea , with that in place , a little capital and solid contacts will see you through to the top .
Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 31, 2012
Cultured:

It is not as if I believe that your story , no . Anyways, more grease to your elbow . I for one, I started my present flourishing business conglomerates with just $120 , that was some 6 years ago after losing my initial business capital that worth close to $200,000 . In a nutshell , what any good entrepreneur need first is good business idea , with that in place , a little capital and solid contacts will see you through to the top .

What business sir/ma? Can u share little details about ur story. U are motivating some of us indirectly.
Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by Nuezha(m): 4:14pm On Oct 31, 2012
jkbimmy: As à fresh graduate then, started with 150k, after 1 yr increased to 250k above....now I manage to earn, 980,000k à month and still need more. Life is in stages...we all get there...
BILL BOARD!
...as in where do you work?
Bank I guess.
Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 31, 2012
richarts:

God bless u. Just talk to an unemployed graduate what he or she should not decline. Thats the essence of this thread. You may drop encouragement as well and also consider what Ifyalways said... as per what she bookmarked, im impressed with that.

Thanks people.

you are gladly welcome
Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by ujchief(m): 4:20pm On Oct 31, 2012
Maricuzi: After NYSC 2010, I got a teaching job @ 15k. Less than 8months I got a contract job @ 110k for 16months. Now am out of d job, searchin for a new one

The 110k really help cos I ve a camry now and a little savings for feedin , till I find a new job.

God is Able
u got a 16 month contract job at N110k per month and all u thought of was buying a Camry? 16 months and all u could boast of was a Camry? U couldnt use the money to start up something of ur own when ur contract runs out?? U bought a camry? U were a teacher, earning 15k, then had a litle oppurtunity to help urself and u bought a camry? Did u say u're looking for a new job? What for? Why not drive around town wit ur 'camry' everymorning and retire to ur house? If u were my younger brother, i would have electrocuted u, no jokes! When others wash their camry to take it to work in the morning, u stil wash urs to drive it to where? Someone else's office to submit an application for work? I HATE YOU!

2 Likes

Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 31, 2012
ujchief:
u got a 16 month contract job at N110k per month and all u thought of was buying a Camry? 16 months and all u could boast of was a Camry? U couldnt use the money to start up something of ur own when ur contract runs out?? U bought a camry? U were a teacher, earning 15k, then had a litle oppurtunity to help urself and u bought a camry? Did u say u're looking for a new job? What for? Why not drive around town wit ur 'camry' everymorning and retire to ur house? If u were my younger brother, i would have electrocuted u, no jokes! When others wash their camry to take it to work in the morning, u stil wash urs to drive it to where? Someone else's office to submit an application for work? I HATE YOU!
Take it easy bro. Camry can get him up, if he will wash away his pride and go into taxi services.

1 Like

Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by ballabriggs: 4:24pm On Oct 31, 2012
ujchief:

O my daizzz. See beef!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by toboy: 4:34pm On Oct 31, 2012
ghettodreamz:

You're very funny. It means you are only worth 28K right? I think it all depends on what you think you are worth, so go for it, if 28K befits you and stop being sarcastic.
lol!
Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by abysirius(m): 4:42pm On Oct 31, 2012
dridowu: Cant say 4 precise salary but If transport alone takes 60-70%, dn i believe d job doesn't what it
Even if u will later drop the job I think it is wise u grab it first and do it for some time. Who knows, it might even open another opportunity for u. As a fresher little importance should be ascribe to the pay.
Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by ubong560(m): 4:43pm On Oct 31, 2012
[quote author=prince FAD]i get 728k monthly after tax and i am still demanding for more smiley[GET AWAY ABEG! DIS IS NT A BRAGGING GROUND. WHO DASH U 782K/MONTH. B REALISTIC PLS OR KEEP SILENT]
Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by jkbimmy(m): 4:48pm On Oct 31, 2012
@bill
Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by ujchief(m): 4:50pm On Oct 31, 2012
Billyonaire: Take it easy bro. Camry can get him up, if he will wash away his pride and go into taxi services.
what are the odds of that happening? Did he sound like someone that can 'wash away his pride' and start a taxi biz? The guy is searching for a new job already!! If he was sacked, it would be understandable, but he wasnt sacked! He saw the duration of the contract, but instead of saving for the unavoidable rainy day, he choose to compete wit big guns in the city. Let him cruize his camry and stop searching for a job.
Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by Jarus(m): 4:55pm On Oct 31, 2012
mko abiola:
Hmmmmmmmm
Which kind oFfice or work u de
728k na lie jooooooo.
Wen country no de smile

Very real. And I know what I'm saying.
Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by Cultured(m): 5:08pm On Oct 31, 2012
Wages is for living ; while profit is for fortune . My advice to you guys out there is to look beyond formal employment/wages and embrace ventures that will lead to profit making . Meanwhile, all things being equal , starting from the next 10 days, I will select 10 guys in this forum and teach them how to start off any lucrative business of their choice with just only 10% worth of the supposed capital of such venture , and I wouldn't mind lending the take-off seed to the genuine less privileged ones . Lest I forget , I don't believe in gravy train , but I believe in hard work ,thou smart work is the secret of success . In the other hand , what one need to succeed in any calling is self-education not degree or any other form of paper certificate from higher institutions of learning . I Look forward to see many of you up there in ladder of financial success . Idea rules the world .

1 Like

Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by Nuezha(m): 5:15pm On Oct 31, 2012
Billyonaire: I started importation of just 1 car, and that was Honda Accord that I won't forget. The cost was $2100+shipping then. And buyer had to bring part payment for clearing, I am telling this story for others to gain from. I am no more importing cars now, but branched into oil/gas and properties.
OIL & GAS! Hmmmm!
May subsidy probe never reach your doorstep IJN.
Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by anintia(m): 5:17pm On Oct 31, 2012
Anything below 100k should be declined
Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by Nobody: 5:17pm On Oct 31, 2012
jkbimmy: When I combine jobs proper hustling the other pay equivalent of 3 mills....
Therefore, you are not in Nigeria. You can only combine jobs in developed countries due to their efficient transportation system and secured environment.
Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by AjanleKoko: 5:18pm On Oct 31, 2012
Okay.
Lemme get this straight. So a jobless graduate would decline a job because the salary fell below his/her minimum requirements?
Okay oh grin cheesy
Re: The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. by Cultured(m): 5:20pm On Oct 31, 2012
ujchief:
what are the odds of that happening? Did he sound like someone that can 'wash away his pride' and start a taxi biz? The guy is searching for a new job already!! If he was sacked, it would be understandable, but he wasnt sacked! He saw the duration of the contract, but instead of saving for the unavoidable rainy day, he choose to compete wit big guns in the city. Let him cruize his camry and stop searching for a job.

People like you are only good is castigating others , I won't be surprised to know that you are not in any way better than the guy in question . Have you ever heard of the word " reason" before ? Well , if I were you I would presumed that the guy has a reason for his action .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bolt/Uber Drivers To Start Warning Strike Next Month. / Is N400,000 A Bad Salary In Today's Nigeria? Is He Doing Something Wrong / Bilkis Rafiu, Female Vulcanizer In Kwara State With Swag (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.