Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,380 members, 7,812,108 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

Husbands With Security Locks On Their Phones - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husbands With Security Locks On Their Phones (33459 Views)

How Many Ladies Can Act Like This Lady If They Catch Their Husbands Cheating? / Husbands With The "INVESTMENT" Slogan / Husbands With " Honey Have You Seen : " Syndrome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Husbands With Security Locks On Their Phones by ojesymsym: 8:21am On Oct 31, 2012
Most women cause unneccesary tension at home by playing detectives, sniffing solely with the intension to catch sometimes a non existent case of infidelity.
There is a cause of a guy who left his phone open for his wife, his wife kept causing issues about his female friends some of whom he knew long before he met her. The one that really irritated him was when he wife went through his email on his fones dating 10yrs back and started calling him terrible names because she saw some emails he had written while in school. The guy was so pained to his marrow because although the mail exchanges (10yrs earlier while still in school o) contained words like sweetheart etc, he says they did not mean as they appeared and that they were just good friends and never dated nor even sleep with each other. To him it was a case of false accusation and also even if they really dated, they were talking of 10yrs earlier, should she still hold it against him? He has since then started locking his fone for the sake of peace. The wife now has started another round of complain, that he is shutting her out of his life. My guy says (not to her though) if shutting her out is the price for peace of mind, then he is ready to pay it, as long as he knows in his heart that he has no ulterior motive, anyone can suspect for all he cares.

1 Like

Re: Husbands With Security Locks On Their Phones by greatgod2012(f): 8:23am On Oct 31, 2012
maninmood:

May God bless you good woman.

thanks sir,no one is good except God, i thank God 4 giving me d wisdom to live and enjoy my life.
Its a secret to long life!
Re: Husbands With Security Locks On Their Phones by charliekay: 8:30am On Oct 31, 2012
Y do u pple conclude on d negative part cos of phone lock..dere r reason y a man should lock his phone may b 4 security purpose or any other but were I dnt lik is wen d wife dnt kwn d password..I tink d hv 2b sumtin fishin goin on...so it al depend hw d relatnshp started...
Re: Husbands With Security Locks On Their Phones by enkibeloved: 8:37am On Oct 31, 2012
I know my wife's unlock code and she knows mine; We make use of security codes for security reasons.
Re: Husbands With Security Locks On Their Phones by stereotype: 8:50am On Oct 31, 2012
Locking my phone doesn't mean i cheat on my wife. if she needs to use the phone all she has to do is ask for the code. what makes you think the husband that doesn't lock his phone doesn't delete every inappropriate message? cos the phone is not locked does not mean he does not cheat.
Re: Husbands With Security Locks On Their Phones by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 31, 2012
Ask him
Re: Husbands With Security Locks On Their Phones by confetti(f): 9:08am On Oct 31, 2012
I know of a lady who locks her phone yet always wants to access the husbands phone until the husband got angry and started locking his own. Now its a quarrel in the house, The woman wants the husband to stop locking his phone while she is not ready to unlock her's neither did she give any reason. What happens in a case like this?
Re: Husbands With Security Locks On Their Phones by here: 9:26am On Oct 31, 2012
I think the polite thing about this is "ask",I'll assume he forgot to tell
But I like to point out,every partner should have some level of privacy in a marriage and each should respect that.If for any reason you think you need access to an app that hides his text,pics and vids,ask(you might find just nude pics of you he took, and you cannot imagine how everyone in certain office setting wants to lay hands on your phone and next thing they check is your gallery).
Its like joint account,though you want it does he/she want it? ...and its wrong making the other feel its wrong to want the opposite,it doesnt have to have a reason why a spouse want something,its just what he/she wants and friends know when to respect that, partners should know better.
Do you know why 12yrs into some marriages some women would just love any opportunity to go on a vacation alone and just not be bothered by anything about family for at least just few days,its bcz its getting to choke and God bless the spouse if he doesnt see it coming and let her have some freedom. Not that she's selfish but she needs to ease that nerve by some privacy.
Do you also know 70% of registered female users on Nigerianadultforum are married and neither do meetups or calls, ask them why they are there they tell you they have these fantasies in their head and love to talk.
Sometimes respect is what keeps the friendship and we all should know to appreciate that
Respect and grant your spouse some level of privacy,is that too much to ask?

1 Like

Re: Husbands With Security Locks On Their Phones by Clemzy16(m): 9:28am On Oct 31, 2012
We are all delibrating about husbands who has security locks on their phone. What about women on the other hand. Or don't they lock their phones too. Besides, i don't want times agberoes to have free access to my phone after stealing it. I don't usually have security locks in my phone until three of my phones got stolen in a year.
Re: Husbands With Security Locks On Their Phones by BabaO2: 9:29am On Oct 31, 2012
enkibeloved: I know my wife's unlock code and she knows mine; We make use of security codes for security reasons.
Omo be careful, your wife's best friend might understand your secretes/private stuffs more than yourself. Those people!, never trust them
Re: Husbands With Security Locks On Their Phones by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 31, 2012
A relationship without transparency is messed up.We share the same password and lock our phones because of the kids.There is nothing like giving space when the two should be one.You lost your solo acts the day you say I do.Take it or walk out!

Privacy my unmentionables ****HISSES***!!Cheaters alert!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Husbands With Security Locks On Their Phones by guvna(m): 9:34am On Oct 31, 2012
Mrs mansson: i just noticed most married men lock their phones with a security code.is my hubby wrong not to use security locks?is he wrong for giving me free access to his phones.i really wonder what marriages are turning into these days.is it because of ponographic pictures or probably girls snapped during sex or wat.so wat are your genuine reasons men?

If you know all these (like the kind of pictures oon the phone) maybe ur doing it yourself or you might have done very similar in your own time. With such subject knowledge...ur a suspect urself
Re: Husbands With Security Locks On Their Phones by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 31, 2012
I lock my phone,but my fiancee knows the unlock code.she takes my phone at will,to do all sort of things.
I lock it cos of outsiders,and not because of her.
Re: Husbands With Security Locks On Their Phones by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 31, 2012
Its so sad most people don't even trust the women they are married to.What is wrong with these people and how did they get into this bondage?Your wife should be the only person you can trust with your life.I wonder wetin people they call marriage sef.Most are just co-habiting.

If you can't trust her,don't marry her please.
Re: Husbands With Security Locks On Their Phones by kawkab: 9:43am On Oct 31, 2012
There are several reason why a man would like to lock his phone.

1. Organizational Policy: When you work in an organization where you use your smart phone to access organization's network or official email, you are required as a matter of organizational policy to always lock your phone and not to share the password with anyone else.

2. A man's phone may also be locked from access to third parties. In this days where our phone/mobiles contains a lot of private and security information such as PINS, Passwords, User IDs, banking details, transaction history. It is always necessary you keep your phone locked. A third party may access your phone and quickly transfer such information by SMS or bluetooth to his our phone and devices and use same for purposes that may be detrimental to you.

3. When you have children, you would notice that immediately you drop your phones, they pick up the phone and start playing games, fiddling with it or snapping off with the camera. With the nature of smartphones today and the attendant operating systems (android, nqx, symbian, iOs) that they come with they may corrupt the OS or mistakenly delete the data on it. As such most time you may need to lock such phones.

4. A phone may also be locked to prevent immediate access of the data on it when you mistakenly misplaced or loss.

5. A man may also lock his phone to hide certain activity/information from his spouse. It may not necessary be as a result of extra material activities. For examples, if you have a wife who you know would always raise a bill equivalent to the amount of money she feels you have in your bank account. Some women are also unnecessary overbearing. Any number with a female or feminine sounding name in your phone book automatically raises suspicion from her, she expects you to give a detail explanation of every female sounding name or any SMS from a female in your phone. When you have a wife that behaves like this, it may be in the interest of the family to just lock your phone to save both parties the stress of quarreling every time over such issue.

However, it is necessary to note that if your husband locks his phone always and you have something legitimate to do with his phone, then it would not be out of place to politely request that he permits you the use of his phone by giving you his password. Most ladies like to play CID/detective by always wanting to know what is in their husbands phone.

Marriage is not a hostage situation and spouses must realize that the fact that you are marriage does not mean you loose every form of individuality. Both parties needs some form of space. Trust is key to the success of a marriage and as such, if they is absolute trust in all areas a man would be willing at all time to leave his open open to the wife.
Re: Husbands With Security Locks On Their Phones by mmmustapha(m): 9:55am On Oct 31, 2012
Must your wife know everything you do? Their might b some information you dnt want anybody to c, eg ur transactions,text messages,email. Is not a sin if u lock ur phones.
Re: Husbands With Security Locks On Their Phones by Nobody: 10:01am On Oct 31, 2012
greatgod2012: Mine doesnt lock his own phone, but if he is d type dt do,i will boldly ask 4 d unlocking code, if i have anything to do with d phone. if then, he refuses, then, i wll know something is fishy.
Sometimes, some of these men dont lock their phones because of their wives, its probably because of outsiders, and also to have some degree of privacy, so its wrong 4
us to conclude dt they lock their phones because of us, u can only say dt after asking 4 d unlocking code, when there is need 4 it, and he refuses to tell u.
Meanwhile, everybody has right 4 his or her privacy, we dont have to be suspicious, it is breach of trust, i, personally dont touch my man's phone unless i run out of credit and i want to use his own phone to call. Let us respect and trust ourselves, why im saying this is dt, some pple are checking their partner's phone because of their suspicion.
Your husband married a good wife.
Re: Husbands With Security Locks On Their Phones by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 31, 2012
mmmustapha: Must your wife know everything you do? Their might b some information you dnt want anybody to c, eg ur transactions,text messages,email. Is not a sin if u lock ur phones.
I would rather advice wives to keep off things that could increase their blood pressure. A man is not worth dying for and vice versa.
Re: Husbands With Security Locks On Their Phones by TechRev: 10:08am On Oct 31, 2012
I lock my two phones always. My wife also knows the unlock code. and anytime the code is compromised, i tell her after changing it. I lock it against outsiders and "friends". And in case the phone gets missing, who ever finds it wont access sensitive info.
Re: Husbands With Security Locks On Their Phones by Ekans: 10:23am On Oct 31, 2012
When a man locks his phone with a code,the only thing that comes to wifys mind is infidelity.Why do nigerian women feel so insecure?are ladies so cheap to get these days?
Re: Husbands With Security Locks On Their Phones by drnoel: 10:28am On Oct 31, 2012
em! (clears throat) when they tell the fly not to go near the dead and it doesn't hear. When they bury the dead, the fly will be buried with it. I wonder what a woman would be doing snooping in2 her husbands fones, well anything she sees while snooping, then she has to take it. I thank God my wife doesn't snoop, I don't know, may be cos I don't lock my fones and she knows that she has free access to them (she actually prefers using my fones to hers so she is mostly using mine and I sometimes us hers).
Re: Husbands With Security Locks On Their Phones by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 31, 2012
Locking ur fone is your privacy,before d advent of phone pple still communicated so because he/she is open doesdnt mean they r saints

I know of a friend who permanently left his fone in his car and his lady did not know.

They say'only a stubborn fly wil follow d corpse to d grave,what you don't knw won't kill you.
Re: Husbands With Security Locks On Their Phones by Nobody: 10:42am On Oct 31, 2012
Locking ur fone is your privacy,before d advent of phone pple still communicated so because he/she is open doesdnt mean they r saints

I know of a friend who permanently left one of his fones in his car and his lady did not know.

They say'only a stubborn fly wil follow d corpse to d grave,what you don't knw won't kill you.
Re: Husbands With Security Locks On Their Phones by naturalwaves: 10:54am On Oct 31, 2012
kawkab: There are several reason why a man would like to lock his phone.

1. Organizational Policy: When you work in an organization where you use your smart phone to access organization's network or official email, you are required as a matter of organizational policy to always lock your phone and not to share the password with anyone else.

2. A man's phone may also be locked from access to third parties. In this days where our phone/mobiles contains a lot of private and security information such as PINS, Passwords, User IDs, banking details, transaction history. It is always necessary you keep your phone locked. A third party may access your phone and quickly transfer such information by SMS or bluetooth to his our phone and devices and use same for purposes that may be detrimental to you.

3. When you have children, you would notice that immediately you drop your phones, they pick up the phone and start playing games, fiddling with it or snapping off with the camera. With the nature of smartphones today and the attendant operating systems (android, nqx, symbian, iOs) that they come with they may corrupt the OS or mistakenly delete the data on it. As such most time you may need to lock such phones.

4. A phone may also be locked to prevent immediate access of the data on it when you mistakenly misplaced or loss.

5. A man may also lock his phone to hide certain activity/information from his spouse. It may not necessary be as a result of extra material activities. For examples, if you have a wife who you know would always raise a bill equivalent to the amount of money she feels you have in your bank account. Some women are also unnecessary overbearing. Any number with a female or feminine sounding name in your phone book automatically raises suspicion from her, she expects you to give a detail explanation of every female sounding name or any SMS from a female in your phone. When you have a wife that behaves like this, it may be in the interest of the family to just lock your phone to save both parties the stress of quarreling every time over such issue.

However, it is necessary to note that if your husband locks his phone always and you have something legitimate to do with his phone, then it would not be out of place to politely request that he permits you the use of his phone by giving you his password. Most ladies like to play CID/detective by always wanting to know what is in their husbands phone.

Marriage is not a hostage situation and spouses must realize that the fact that you are marriage does not mean you loose every form of individuality. Both parties needs some form of space. Trust is key to the success of a marriage and as such, if they is absolute trust in all areas a man would be willing at all time to leave his open open to the wife.

EOD! The Oracle has spoken.
Re: Husbands With Security Locks On Their Phones by mikeywise(m): 10:59am On Oct 31, 2012
@ OP, any day i start locking my phone, that's the day i start cheating on my wife.qed
Re: Husbands With Security Locks On Their Phones by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 31, 2012
The wife always using his phone to make lenghty calls, thereby using his credit
Re: Husbands With Security Locks On Their Phones by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 31, 2012
Some people screaming that they don't lock their phones probably have "dull" phones like Nokia 3310, that can't even send emails. So the only valuable in them are SMS msgs and airtime.

If you use ur phone as "mobile laptop", nobody will tell you to lock it before you do. By the time one sharp guy from China or India clear your account, then you will know what www stands for.

By the way, Its only stupid men and newbies that leave "evidence" on their phones.
Re: Husbands With Security Locks On Their Phones by dskenky(m): 11:20am On Oct 31, 2012
Women! Na wa 4 una o...hunmph!! By and large, i want to believe this issue is something of personal preference. Let me ask this: why should my wife be unreasonably bothered if my fone is locked or not in the 1st instance? Please tell me why? Well i would want to believe with ''reasonable doubt'' that she's also suspicious or showing signs of unhealthy curiousity. Abi? Though women may tend to differ but shouldn't ur mobile fone be personal item? Or is it because i suddenly got married that confers on my wife the power to go thru my stuff on the fone? Naaaaahhh! Nevertheless, my take on this issue remains thus: i could be territorial when it comes to my personal stuff..and this includes my fone. i love my privacy with a burnig passion(..but not so make e catch fire o..hehehe).
So, i would advise that women pls tread carefully o. Endeavour to find out if your hubby is comfortable with this act. Personally, i abhor it when my wife takes my fone and starts reading my text messages. Haba! is it only on grounds of infidelity that men regard this as an anathema? Hell no! For goodness sake, i could be harbouring sensitive info relating to...wateva sha na me get my fone o. this is my take on this issue.

1 Like

Re: Husbands With Security Locks On Their Phones by coldgate(f): 11:23am On Oct 31, 2012
dayokanu: Why bother marrying someone you cant trust
why go to all the trouble of locking your phone? It only breeds suspicion even when the man is innocent. If my man locks his phone;he must give me the code or else....
Re: Husbands With Security Locks On Their Phones by Nobody: 11:47am On Oct 31, 2012
confetti: I know of a lady who locks her phone yet always wants to access the husbands phone until the husband got angry and started locking his own. Now its a quarrel in the house, The woman wants the husband to stop locking his phone while she is not ready to unlock her's neither did she give any reason. What happens in a case like this?
She dey craze?? Most times I wonder what goes through the heads of some men when they swallow some rubbish. God help that woman.
Re: Husbands With Security Locks On Their Phones by coogar: 12:05pm On Oct 31, 2012
Okontami: You guys that think locking your phone is a good thing have really lost it. Why will you lock your phone if your hands are clean?? You are just giving room for suspicion. if you have no skeleton in your cupboard, why lock your phone. I don't lock my phones, and my wife have access to my phone she plays with it , read my messages, and other stuffs. Trust is key. You have someone you call a Wife, it means she is a part of you and you are a part of her and deserve to know as much as she can see. Am not saying am a saint . I do shits but what happened in Vegas stays in Vegas. No girl is allowed to call me or send me text or any form of messages. Its a clear understanding from day 1 when I meet a girl. If she cant cope , then bye.Cant destroy my lovely home cause of punnany

what an odious fellow.....
you cheat on your wife and you still have the chutzpah to say men who lock their phones for legitimate reasons have lost it? goodness gracious - every phone user should lock his/her phone - if nigerians @ large are security conscious then phone theft would reduce. if a thief knows all the phones in the country are locked then it won't worth his while to steal phone devices.......all phones should be locked and husbands/wives should share each other's password!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Recession: Abuja Couples Sell Wedding Rings To Feed.. / Lucky Cow 'Bless' Pregnant Women With Baby Boys / Some MEN Are Just Babies With Big Muscle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.