Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

ACN Loses Another Council To PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN Loses Another Council To PDP (9394 Views)

ACN Loses Another LG Seat to the PDP In Lagos / ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by GARRIx7(m): 8:16pm On Oct 31, 2012
ACN loses another council to PDP in Lagos

The Local Government Election Petition Tribunal in Lagos State has declared Abdulrauf Adelekan of People’s Democratic Party (PDP), as the winner of the council election to Ward E, Mende Local Government Area of the state.

This is coming after the election tribunal earlier in the month declared the candidate of the PDP in last year’s local council polls, Ibrahim Babajide Obanikoro, as the duly elected Chairman of the Ikoyi/Obalende Local Council Development Area (LCDA).

Delivering the ruling on Wednesday, the five-man panel led by Justice Dolapo Akinsanya granted the application of the PDP’s candidate based on the argument that the evidence submitted by the Action Congress of Nigeria candidate (ACN), Ogungade Omotayo Aibinu was contradictory.

The panel also claimed that lawyers to the ACN failed to dislodge any of the evidences submitted by the PDP’s legal team.

The applicant had alleged that the ACN connived with Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission (LASIEC) to present a figure that did not match the figure submitted by the polling agents and the Police on the day of the election.

Reacting to the judgement, LASIEC counsel, Osasu Isibor said “the judgement was against the weight of evidence”.

He also alleged that the court used facts and evidence that were not pleaded by the applicant, which he described as a ‘non-issue’.

The lawyer however declared that LASIEC will immediately file a notice of appeal of the judgment, noting that the PDP candidate will have to wait till the appeal is concluded, before he can assume the councillor’s office

www.channelstv.com/home/2012/10/31/acn-loses-another-council-to-pdp-in-lagos/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

1 Like

Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by MrGlobe(m): 8:21pm On Oct 31, 2012
ACN rigirigi grin

2 Likes

Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by seanet01: 8:37pm On Oct 31, 2012
No PDP chairman will eventually man any local government in Lagos. Mark my word
Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by GARRIx7(m): 8:40pm On Oct 31, 2012
Mr. Globe:
ACN rigirigi grin

ACN has a lot of sitting up to do. It seems that those at the grass-root level aren't performing. Fashola's goodwill is the only thing that seems to be holding them in place...

1 Like

Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by Demdem(m): 8:59pm On Oct 31, 2012
Democracy at work.
Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by GARRIx7(m): 9:04pm On Oct 31, 2012
seanet01: No PDP chairman will eventually man any local government in Lagos. Mark my word

Why?? If the PDP guy actually won, then he will definitely ßξ sworn in. There's nothing anyone can do about it....
Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by takedat(m): 9:04pm On Oct 31, 2012
Government needs to take over conduct of local Government elections from state controlled electoral bodies. All local Government elections in Nigeria are always rigged in favour of the ruling Party in those states.

By the way this is a councillorship seat.
Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by GARRIx7(m): 9:10pm On Oct 31, 2012
Demdem: Democracy at work.

Exactly.

take dat: Government needs to take conduct of local Government elections from state controlled electoral bodies. All local Government elections in Nigeria are always rigged in favour of the ruling Party in those states.

By the way this is a councillorship seat.

The same way INEC can be influenced by the PDP led FG..
Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by takedat(m): 9:35pm On Oct 31, 2012
GARRI (x7):

Exactly.

The same way INEC can be influenced by the PDP led FG..
Guess the hope left is either allowing independent candidates only to vie for local Government chairmanship and councillorship elections or the Judiciary as the last resort. Kudos to Lagos State Government for giving a relatively state controlled judiciary autonomy to adjudicate on cases without interference. Most state Governments would have exerted pressure on their judiciary to give judgement that favours their party.
Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by GARRIx7(m): 10:39pm On Oct 31, 2012
take dat: Guess the hope left is either allow Kudos to Lagos State Government for giving a relatively state controlled judiciary autonomy to adjudicate on cases without interference. Most state Governments would have exerted pressure on their judiciary to give judgement that favours their party.

Very true...
Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by passionate88: 11:35pm On Oct 31, 2012
more to go
Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by Lobolintin(m): 11:37pm On Oct 31, 2012
Fuk up.. ACN 4 LIVE...
Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by dejiswaggs(m): 11:39pm On Oct 31, 2012
lobatan
Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by lacasa: 11:42pm On Oct 31, 2012
​ so​ what?.

Even in a working democracy like it is in the U.S.A & France, ηo single party possesses an absolute occupancy in a state.

It doesn't by any means show ACN to be weaker and even if it was, definitely not in Lagos state.

ACN, CPC, r a better option to PDP anytime, anyday. Ccos thαt PDP is just a collective criminal entity
Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by Jilo83(m): 11:42pm On Oct 31, 2012
The post is misleading, is that another council?
Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by rileest: 11:45pm On Oct 31, 2012
Nairaland and bunch of semi-illiterates here claiming to be educated.. this is a ward elections which means It's a councillorship post not a full local governmental post so If this is even the case eventually, ACN only lose a ward out of the hundreds of wards in Lagos State!
Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by BabaAlaji(m): 11:51pm On Oct 31, 2012
Everything ga im tym, but u dat rig, dia's time u can't tongue.
Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by Nobody: 12:00am On Nov 01, 2012
rileest: Nairaland and bunch of semi-illiterates here claiming to be educated.. this is a ward elections which means It's a councillorship post not a full local governmental post so If this is even the case eventually, ACN only lose a ward out of the hundreds of wards in Lagos State!
Educated man, every little success leads to a final success. Councillorship position not withstanding, its an indicator that ACN rigged its way. 2 overturns from ACN to PDP shows that the process was fraudulent, not free, not fair. One can not be wrong to say that its possible that the Governor was rigged in.
Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by Nobody: 12:02am On Nov 01, 2012
ACN autocratic rule is gradually taking its toll on them.

I regret voting ACN the day the Lagos state speaker told protesting Lasu students that Education is meant for only the rich( I was a first hand witness) and how fashola(Tinubu) handled the protest in a military style combo, placing armoured tanks in d skul premises and arresting any who dared to protest.

We Lagosians cant wait to see the anti-poor party finally kicked out.

2 Likes

Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by Ikwerefistson: 12:06am On Nov 01, 2012
seanet01: No PDP chairman will eventually man any local government in Lagos. Mark my word
yorubas nd dia noise agan
Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by GARRIx7(m): 12:11am On Nov 01, 2012
Billyonaire: Educated man, every little success leads to a final success. Councillorship position not withstanding, its an indicator that ACN rigged its way. 2 overturns from ACN to PDP shows that the process was fraudulent, not free, not fair.[s]One can not be wrong to say that its possible that the Governor was rigged in.[/s]

Appropriately edited...
Sir, The Gubernatorial election was organised by INEC not LASIEC...
Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by guddy4real: 12:14am On Nov 01, 2012
Billyonaire: Educated man, every little success leads to a final success. Councillorship position not withstanding, its an indicator that ACN rigged its way. 2 overturns from ACN to PDP shows that the process was fraudulent, not free, not fair. One can not be wrong to say that its possible that the Governor was rigged in.
I think you are ryt.
Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by GARRIx7(m): 12:14am On Nov 01, 2012
Ikwere fist son: yorubas nd dia noise agan

Here they come again.... undecided undecided undecided
Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by Nobody: 12:17am On Nov 01, 2012
GARRI (x7):

Appropriately edited...
Sir, The Gubernatorial election was organised by INEC not LASIEC...

Sir, LASIEC and INEC are humans too, just as you and me. GodFathers always make people offers they can not refuse, remember the movie ?
Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by GARRIx7(m): 12:24am On Nov 01, 2012
Billyonaire: Sir, LASIEC and INEC are humans too, just as you and me. GodFathers always make people offers they can not refuse, remember the movie ?

I remember.

I struck out that sentence partly because in my opinion Fash performed in his 1st tenure and was massively voted for. In his case, rigging wouldn't ßξ necessary, the role of the Godfather would ßξ to ensure that the votes count..
Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by dennis79687968: 12:25am On Nov 01, 2012
How dt one take affect the price of garri
Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by Dede1(m): 12:27am On Nov 01, 2012

The time around is 2012 not 1951, olodo.
Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by rileest: 12:28am On Nov 01, 2012
Billyonaire: Educated man, every little success leads to a final success. Councillorship position not withstanding, its an indicator that ACN rigged its way. 2 overturns from ACN to PDP shows that the process was fraudulent, not free, not fair. One can not be wrong to say that its possible that the Governor was rigged in.
I can't but wonder why some people chose to take medicine for another man's headache and you have just proven to be one of those semi-Illiterates because the point you raised here did not in any way dispute my earlier claim but only raised another point entirely. My post was in response to the OP's title of the post which was obviously misleading and that's what I tried to point you. If you want to reply to my post, you should at least allow your post to be in direct contradiction to mine

2 Likes

Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by GARRIx7(m): 12:30am On Nov 01, 2012
dennis79687968: How dt one take affect the price of garri
grin grin

Dede1:

The time around is 2012 not 1951, olodo.

Help me explain to him that the era of "amala-politics" is over.. grin grin.
Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by taharqa: 12:32am On Nov 01, 2012
lacasa: ​ so​ what?.

Even in a working democracy like it is in the U.S.A & France, ηo single party possesses an absolute occupancy in a state.

It doesn't by any means show ACN to be weaker and even if it was, definitely not in Lagos state.

ACN, CPC, r a better option to PDP anytime, anyday. Ccos thαt PDP is just a collective criminal entity

PDP=ACN=CPC=ANPP= THE SAME (The Only difference been that just one has ever been in power at the centre)- STOP Deceiving yourself otherwise.

Only a few members in these parties are clean and actually know what they ought to do ( though PDP been the 'largest party in Africa' as its members shamelessly say, has more 'typical' Nigerian politicians as members).

What would help improve Nigerian political culture is really not some obsession about any one party, but strong competition amongst them such that there would be less complacency within the parties and amongst the public; this process would eventually weed out the undesirable political actors in these parties, bring forward the desirable ones and aid the development of a better political culture. This is the essence of Representative Democracy ( or any Representative System of any kind).

PS: What the hell is CPC and ACN doing about the proposed 'alliance'? It is extremely crucial for the Nigerian Political system, regardless of who wins the next national elections.

3 Likes

Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by GARRIx7(m): 12:34am On Nov 01, 2012
rileest:
I can't but wonder why some people chose to take medicine for another man's headache and you have just proven to be one of those semi-Illiterates because the point you raised here did not in any way dispute my earlier claim but only raised another point entirely. My post was in response to the OP's title of the post which was obviously misleading and that's what I tried to point you. If you want to reply to my post, you should at least allow your post to be in direct contradiction to mine

Sir, did you check the "source", that's how Channels TV put it...

1 Like

Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by seanet01: 12:36am On Nov 01, 2012
You lots can keep up with your delusion. We shall see. The is not going to be the last judicial sitting. dedemoron you few craze.

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Suspend Amaechi And Onu Now" - PDP Tells Buhari / See When MC Oluomo, Kunle Poly, NURTW Topshots Met Before APC Rally Attack. Pics / Beware Of Parody Twitter (X) Handles - Akpabio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.