Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,577 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi (20469 Views)

Nysc 2013 Batch C Corp Members Posted To Ebonyi State / Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To Ebonyi State / A thread for corpers posted to Katsina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by nwgoziri(m): 6:35pm On Nov 05, 2012
Lok @u,u shud be ashame of urself!u mean u dnt knw wie airports r located in ur country or u jst wnt insult urself nd nt dat wondaful state.
busola101: My younger bro just got posted to Ebonyi. Does anyone knows how to get to Ebonyi from Lagos. if he his flying, what airport does he fly into? I would appreciate the response asap.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by nwgoziri(m): 6:41pm On Nov 05, 2012
Midastorch: I was posted to Ebonyi and I'm really scared abt the place.a friend of mine told me the place is boring lyk hell and that their water is Zero.pls if any1 knws whtsup with the place,the person shld kindly clarify me cos I'm already fidgeting abt the place.
hahahaha!ve u 4goten dat joke wit obj,na tday u knw say naija na hell,mu tula;
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by ernyme(m): 6:45pm On Nov 05, 2012
pharuk: Wish you God`s protection in that town.

Served there in 2007 and got robbed 3 times in one week, the robbers know when u get payed, they even attacked the NCCF house sad

Thats about 5 years ago, hopefully things would have changed

Although i met my best friends in the camp and most people i know met their partners there
..dats strange..well dats a cool piece
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by achi4u(m): 6:55pm On Nov 05, 2012
mr Dumex.

you try but remove that hiv.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by eunisam: 6:56pm On Nov 05, 2012
u are all welcome to Ebonyi,Is a peacefull area,nothing to fear,just come in.nowahala

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by Kunlegzy(m): 7:19pm On Nov 05, 2012
MC Dumexx: I was among the Batch 'B corper dat past out june 2012. Served in Ebonyi, Ezza South Onueke 2b precise. Well I'd say camp life is ђã†̥ U̶̲̥̅̊ make out of it. 4me it was d best experience ever coz I was among d comedian that performed on a regular basis. Infact, d best of the best comedian. Ask the camp Compere- Mr Okereke when U̶̲̥̅̊ get†̥ 2 camp.I even had a show Nov 6th 2011 titled "Laff Tax". My record is there.

Housing is a bit cheap. #1,300-#1,600 per month. It also depend on where U̶̲̥̅̊ are posted after camp. Abakaliki is preferable coz its d state capital & that's where most of the banks are.

Afikpo, where U̶̲̥̅̊ 'll be camping is also a nice place æ
as there superb lodges are provided for corpers in Afikpo North. Other than these two places, Ebonyi is really challenging. A major disadvantage is dat most of them are English illiterate; even in their schools but U̶̲̥̅̊ hv to be patient with them as that's one of ђã†̥ U̶̲̥̅̊'ll be doing there.
Most houses lack toilet and am sure any vicinity Corper's are, there is provision 4 dat. I stayed in the Igwe's palace in Onueke where everything was provided. Although, As big as d Igwe is, we still paid 4 accommodation and many self providing things.
U̶̲̥̅̊ most hv heard people saying that Ebonyians eat people, well don't gv it a second taught coz its not true. They may be stingy though and can be very hostile. Respect however is accord Corpers except if U̶̲̥̅̊ go beyond borders.

It will interest U̶̲̥̅̊ 2knw however dat night life is not encouraging there but there are nice looking places U̶̲̥̅̊ can visit mostly in Abakaliki. Places like Women Development Centre(WDC), Spring lake $ salt spring Hotel, Bush bar @d stadium, Exotic hall, Fatilami Park etc.

The state pays #5000 and dey pay it every 4 months if U̶̲̥̅̊'re in govt school. Some pay on a monthly bases. By the Secondary Education Board(SEB).

Let me stp here so dat U̶̲̥̅̊ can experience the rest ursef.
Advise: plz drnk only treated water or pure water. Dnt kp late night. For guys, dnt mess wt their girls coz Ebonyi is the highest HIV infested state in naija. Abstinence is d key but if U̶̲̥̅̊ most 'do', latex isn't expensive.
Get cash @ hand every 2wks coz banks are only in Abakaliki $ Afikpo.
Join National Association of Catholic Corpers(NACC) or RCCF. NAMC is for muslim corpers.
Ebonyi water is a bit salty dats Y its called the salt of the nation coz there is abundant of salt there. If U̶̲̥̅̊'re lucky to stay where bore hole water is, gud luck but still use dettoite as disinfectant.

Corpers they form well well so if U̶̲̥̅̊ most arrange akpako, let it be a Corper. No worry, d money nor fit buy motor so save for bizness nor be motor

Wish U̶̲̥̅̊ a peaceful Service year.
dumexx u remember me kunlegzy
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by MCDumexx: 7:26pm On Nov 05, 2012
Kunlegzy: dumexx u remember me kunlegzy

My broda, I just finish eba now and d tin dey high me. Is this kunle in my platoon? Wey nearly beat okereke-referee 4 our match 4camp? Kunle wey no come my show? Kunle wey dey AI? We still see 4 POP?
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by MCDumexx: 7:33pm On Nov 05, 2012
achi4u: mr Dumex.

you try but remove that hiv.

Guy la informa-son I gv. Its not insult or trying 2 say ђã†̥'s not. Go get ur facts abt d infection in Nigeria and tell me ur findings. 4rm 1st state to the 3rd. Make I remove am put wetin?
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by opoke(m): 7:59pm On Nov 05, 2012
ALL OF U POSTED 2 EBONYI STATE WHO WHAT 2 REDEPLOY SHOULD KNOW THAT THE GOVERNOR OF YOBE STATE HAS APPLIED TO NYSC HQ ABUJA 4 MORE CORPS MEMBERS AND DAMATURU AWAIT THOSE WHO REJECT THEIR POSTING.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by Nobody: 8:08pm On Nov 05, 2012
busola101: My younger bro just got posted to Ebonyi. Does anyone knows how to get to Ebonyi from Lagos. if he his flying, what airport does he fly into? I would appreciate the response asap.

Fly from Lagos to Enugu International airport. Then locate Peace mass transit or Ifesinachi motors(all at Ogbete main market area) to ferry him to Ebonyi state. At Ebonyi state, he should ask for the orientation camp venue.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by shevon: 8:27pm On Nov 05, 2012

Let him fly to Enugu and take a cab from there to the NYSC camp.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by drizzit(m): 8:29pm On Nov 05, 2012
Serving in Ebonyi was fun.....I went there with an open mind and I didn't regret it....Camp is what u make it...just be sure to avoid eating "beef" @ the mammy market and even after camp too. Stick with goat meat,chicken and fish if u can.....unless u end up eating some real nice donkey meat. The indigenes are generally nice and friendly.....but they will exploit u once they know u are an outsider....I served @ Izzi LGA,Ndiaparata village....had constant power supply and water was not an issue....there was a large cathedral very close to where I stayed....guys go there and have fun....though it may be tough but am sure its better than heading up north....
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by deolu2000(m): 8:40pm On Nov 05, 2012
The little have read,makes it seem far diff from what am used to coming from Lagos.i just hope i get accomodation through ppa.but am sure the realities will unfold 4rm 2mrw.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by garrigangster: 8:52pm On Nov 05, 2012
Been posted to Ebonyi. However, i have to go to Abuja to do my call to bar clearance on Tuesday, i hope to go by road to Camp and enter on Wednesday night...i hope it wont be too late?
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by kemisole(f): 8:58pm On Nov 05, 2012
@ MC DUMEXX:ndewor,,,tokwe,I dey hail una o!i also served in ebonyi,passed out feb 2012,posted 2 ezza south devept centre, ameka,,,
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by excondido(m): 9:34pm On Nov 05, 2012
i was part of the batch B that passed out this year. my experience there was that of a mixed feeling but after said and done it was worthwhile.

life in ebonyi camp is highly regimented as compared to other camps it is quiet strict.

u will have to adjust ur *circadaic rhythm* to wake up 4am every morning cos that is the daily regime in camp. for me that was my rudest awakening to the reality in camp.

military personel and paramilitary are in charge, strict adherance to camp rules and u will not cross their line.

make sure ur shorts are not beyond or below the knees, else they get torn with razor.

join a notable cds group in camp of ur chooice or they choose for u after camp. meat in camp is beef and chicken and not donkey like someone said on this thread.

much said....best of lucks to the newest otondos.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by kemisole(f): 9:53pm On Nov 05, 2012
NYSC kitchen=beef& chicken,,Mammy market=horse meat
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by LKO(m): 11:00pm On Nov 05, 2012
biopat: Plz where do i take Bus from Delta(Ughelli preferably)to Ebonyi? and how much? Posted there.
biopat: Plz where do i take Bus from Delta(Ughelli preferably)to Ebonyi? and how much? Posted there.
biopat: Plz where do i take Bus from Delta(Ughelli preferably)to Ebonyi? and how much? @biopat and others traveling from Warri to Ebonyi,u may reach me on 070551269450 for guidance. Enjoy ur service year.[quote author=biopat]Plz where do i take Bus from Delta(Ughelli preferably)to Ebonyi? and how much? Posted there.
biopat: Plz where do i take Bus from Delta(Ughelli preferably)to Ebonyi? and how much? @biopat and others traveling from Warri to Ebonyi,u may reach me on 070551269450 for guidance. Enjoy ur service year.[quote author=biopat]Plz where do i take Bus from Delta(Ughelli preferably)to Ebonyi? and how much? Posted there.
[quote author=biopat]Plz where do i take Bus from Delta(Ughelli preferably)to Ebonyi? and how much? @biopat and others traveling from Warri to Ebonyi,u may reach me on 070551269450 for guidance. Enjoy ur service year.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by Joe5(m): 12:03am On Nov 06, 2012
Dear country men and women (corpers posted to ebonyi state). I have followed the various posts made here keenly. A lot of people have said a lot about ebonyi state like no water, electricity, poverty stricken, no job opportunities, they are illiterates and so on. I am from Afikpo North Local Govt. I urge and appeal to your consciences to use this avenue to make a change in the life of the people of this state. Make a sacrifice with your knowledge, education, training, expertise and resources both tangible and intangible to contribute to community development and nation building. I am certain you will enjoy your service there if you are not one of excessive high taste. We have scintilating sceneries especially in Afikpo. We are a friendly people. Akpoha is a community in Afikpo North. That is where Julius Berger camp and crush centre is. They mine limestone and other solid minerals there. That is my native home, if you are posted there and need help call me and I will get you help .though i live in portharcourt presently but i can call my relatives who will always be there for you. 08136850011

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by ojmaroni247(m): 1:41am On Nov 06, 2012
@joe,u hav spoken well,am also from afipko north,Ngodo to be precise. I also live in Portharcourt,I grew in ph but I go to de villa every year. The place aint dat bad as sum pple paint it to be,I take exception to wat 1 idiot said here 'dat ebonyi is de state wit high rate of HIV'. I knw more abt afikpo dan anywer else in ebonyi state. For those dat love fun nd site seeing u can go to 'maria de club',Ndebe beach,Unwana beach etc,hav fun ya'l.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by Rick9(m): 9:09am On Nov 06, 2012
Guys get an Atlas or download google maps. You will know your route. And the arrival time.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 06, 2012
Oookay. Weldone to u guys. Am impressed. Am Godfrey, served in Ebonyi (Afikpo North local govt), batch B 2010-11. I gotta tell u that as much as Ebonyi is a relatively new n small state, NYSC in Ebonyi rockssss!!! Mostly if u get posted to Abakalki n Afikpo North. Now, to d new guys, welcome. The camp in Ebonyi( MacGregor Camp) was formerly a missionary school, so u will be impressed by the size n layout. The camp is big enough n many rooms. Plus guys n girls hostels are adjacent so u are bound to mix a lot insde camp. Discipline in MacGregor camp, like one of u here said, is very strict!!! But that's where d fun comes in! Y would u wanna spend 3 weeks in camp n not have stories to tell? Think about it. Food n mami market is okay. The hall( Jamaica Hall) is BIG n organized so no need to rush in or hustle for space. Then there's trees everywhere so there's enuf shade. Infact, its an eco-friendly camp. Except for sandflies n few mosquitoes @nite, u'll get by. Food, transport n housing is cheap. Teaching n local govt ppa mostly. If u get posted to Afikpo, that's Unwana, Ngodo area where one guy mentioned, u'll get to know almost every corper cos its a close community, which makes it fun n not so boring. The indigenes r friendly. There are soccer-viewing centres everrywhere for u guys that like soccer like me(Arsenal fan*wink*). What I did in my time was, I had friends everywhere, so that made me visit many parts of d state. But then, that's the purpose of NYSC. U will always be in Abuja or Lagos all ur life, so y not take a year to live elsewhere for the experience? It will build u up n u'll learn to stay on ur own n not run to ur parents n elder ones in Lagos whenever u have an itch or stomach ache. In my time, we were paid 10k by federal n 5k by state, and we managed well. But u guys now earn double of that, so u'll be fine. And when in camp, be nice n friendly coz u never know where or with whom u'll end up with. I met my gf on my final day in skul coz we were both posted to Ebonyi. Lol. And the rest, as they say, is history. Enjoy yourselves.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by ernyme(m): 1:01pm On Nov 06, 2012
MC Dumexx: I was among the Batch 'B corper dat past out june 2012. Served in Ebonyi, Ezza South Onueke 2b precise. Well I'd say camp life is ђã†̥ U̶̲̥̅̊ make out of it. 4me it was d best experience ever coz I was among d comedian that performed on a regular basis. Infact, d best of the best comedian. Ask the camp Compere- Mr Okereke when U̶̲̥̅̊ get†̥ 2 camp.I even had a show Nov 6th 2011 titled "Laff Tax". My record is there.

Housing is a bit cheap. #1,300-#1,600 per month. It also depend on where U̶̲̥̅̊ are posted after camp. Abakaliki is preferable coz its d state capital & that's where most of the banks are.

as there superb lodges are provided for corpers in Afikpo North. Other than these two places, Ebonyi is really challenging. A major disadvantage is dat most of them are English illiterate; even in their schools but U̶̲̥̅̊ hv to be patient with them as that's one of ђã†̥ U̶̲̥̅̊'ll be doing there.
Most houses lack toilet and am sure any vicinity Corper's are, there is provision 4 dat. I stayed in the Igwe's palace in Onueke where everything was provided. Although, As big as d Igwe is, we still paid 4 accommodation and many self providing things.
U̶̲̥̅̊ most hv heard people saying that Ebonyians eat people, well don't gv it a second taught coz its not true. They may be stingy though and can be very hostile. Respect however is accord Corpers except if U̶̲̥̅̊ go beyond borders.

It will interest U̶̲̥̅̊ 2knw however dat night life is not encouraging there but there are nice looking places U̶̲̥̅̊ can visit mostly in Abakaliki. Places like Women Development Centre(WDC), Spring lake $ salt spring Hotel, Bush bar @d stadium, Exotic hall, Fatilami Park etc.

The state pays #5000 and dey pay it every 4 months if U̶̲̥̅̊'re in govt school. Some pay on a monthly bases. By the Secondary Education Board(SEB).

Advise: plz drnk only treated water or pure water. Dnt kp late night. For guys, dnt mess wt their girls coz Ebonyi is the highest HIV infested state in naija. Abstinence is d key but if U̶̲̥̅̊ most 'do', latex isn't expensive.
Join National Association of Catholic Corpers(NACC) or RCCF. NAMC is for muslim corpers.
Ebonyi water is a bit salty dats Y its called the salt of the nation coz there is abundant of salt there. If U̶̲̥̅̊'re lucky to stay where bore hole water is, gud luck but still use dettoite as disinfectant.

Corpers they form well well so if U̶̲̥̅̊ most arrange akpako, let it be a Corper. No worry, d money nor fit buy motor so save for bizness nor be motor

dats a wonderful piece and an exact picture of what ebonyi state is..bigups to u man..well I'm serving in ikwo..batch A 2012,and its not easy o..well to the incoming ones,God is there to see u through..don't forget to ask for info if required..08069184967 and 0801019736 or 217eb4e7..ill be glad to help
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by ernyme(m): 1:05pm On Nov 06, 2012

dats a wonderful piece and an exact picture of what ebonyi state is..bigups to u man..well I'm serving in ikwo..batch A 2012,and its not easy o..well to the incoming ones,God is there to see u through..don't forget to ask for info if required..08069184967 and 0801019736 or 217eb4e7..ill be glad to help
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by ernyme(m): 1:07pm On Nov 06, 2012

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by Mightyify(m): 2:00pm On Nov 06, 2012
incase u missed dis 'dnt mess wit gals cus ebonyi is d highest hiv infected state in naija'
i hav 2 repeat dat cus there r lots of free toto dia so becareful. Anyway, they're very friendly nd accomodating as lng as u knw Bleep persn wife. Gudluck!
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by tosomaju(m): 2:12pm On Nov 06, 2012
I am currently a batch A corps member serving in ohaukwu LGA, ngbo DC. I'm anxiously waiting 4u guys to join us cos I'm currently the only corper serving in my school.
Do I av advise 4u?
Just catch the fun in a moral and safe way. The major difference between ur service year and your university years is that Your bank alert comes From the federal government. I believe that at this stage, you should know the advantages and disadvantages of fire.
Join the biggest and happiest family in camp, the NIGERIA CHRISTIAN CORPERS FELLOWSHIP (NCCF) Mondays to Saturday 6pm and 8am on Sundays.
Use ur service year 4God as u join the NIGERIA YOUTHS SERVING CHRIST (NYSC).
I wish you a happy camping.

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by pharuk: 2:54pm On Nov 06, 2012
Quite surprised how people are very ready to help (in a good way) dropping numbers and BB pins.

Soon you will be wondering why yahoo guys are calling you or trying to scam you.
there are many softwares that rip out phone numbers and email, please use private message to send your details.

Be wise
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by achi4u(m): 3:53pm On Nov 06, 2012
Mightyify: incase u missed dis 'dnt mess wit gals cus ebonyi is d highest hiv infected state in naija'
i hav 2 repeat dat cus there r lots of free toto dia so becareful. Anyway, they're very friendly nd accomodating as lng as u knw Bleep persn wife. Gudluck!
you seems to have a case with ebonyi ppl?,ebonyi is not on top10 list of state with hiv pervelance......so get ur fact right before posting.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by achi4u(m): 3:54pm On Nov 06, 2012
Mightyify: incase u missed dis 'dnt mess wit gals cus ebonyi is d highest hiv infected state in naija'
you seems to have a case with ebonyi ppl?,ebonyi is not on top10 of state with hiv pervelance......so get ur fact right before posting.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by menacity(m): 5:54pm On Nov 06, 2012
My People Ebonyi is a Nice Place.It is also challenging ,Bt u wud enjoy it if posted 2 a Good Place. I finished from Ebonyi state Batch B in June dix year. I served @ Army Day Secondary School,Nkwagu-Abakaliki.In d ArmyBarracks .I waz the Corpers Liasion Officer and I enjoyed my stay dia.If U need info abt the Barracks and the town !Hala @ me *276BC167 or twitter @Mena_Pan : or call : Oscar Mena - 07066112640.stay Blessed.

(1) (2) (3)

My NYSC Experience In Rivers State / NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. / NYSC Orientation Camp In Ekiti Was Attacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.